Football manager 2009 demo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope she bleeds you dry. It's no less than you deserve! ;)

And no going to the pub and forgetting the time. We need you back for our 12am kick off :)

:D

I'll not be visiting the pub today (still hungover from the Golden Joystick Awards from yesterday), I'm sure we all don't want me selecting the 'delete' rather than the 'go, go, go' button :D

• SI Staff
Idea for next year, or today if possible.

I know with a lot of direct to drive schemes like steam, it's possible to pre-download the bulk of the game, with a few small key files held back until release. If the demo's good to go right now, why not let us download 99% of it from steam now? Leave us a little to grab at midnight, and it'll be smoother...

Second idea: Email me asking my phone number. Call me up and arrange to meet me at the Angel later today. Hand my a copy of FM09 in a brown paper bag as an early birthday present. I may be able to arrange sex with my other half as payment, but I've not raised the issue with her yet.

With your first point, we are doing that for the digital download version of the game from Steam - you'll be able to pre-download a couple of days in advance of release. Not for the demo though - that has to go live at the same time across all different versions.

As for the second point, I don't think my girlfriend would like that very much, so I'll pass.

why is there a quickstart in indonesia??? would have prefered a "beter" league like the german league, russian or even the turkish league.

To please the Asian market I suppose, you've only got to wait two weeks and you can play whatever league you want to your hearts content.

I couldn't be so cruel and tell you I have the mouse cursor hovering over the 'go, go, go' button :p

What year are you in in your game? I know you've been playing it for months...

2012? Were the olympics good? Do we ever win the world cup? Did Obama become President? Was Vela really that good? So many questions, so little time...

This is nothing to do with the demo (sorry), but it's the best thread to get hold of you, so, Miles - it might be a good idea if you, at some point soon, made an "Ideas for FM 2010" sticky, because someone (Ter, I think) said that it's about now that you'll be discussing what to include, and it'd be useful to have most ideas in one place so it's easier for SI to explain what's wrong with them.

If, on the other hand, my point is stupid, then feel free to ignore. I'm new(-ish) and unwise (extremely).

Why is the Dutch league not included? It isn't the great league it once was, but still a better and more famous league than the Scandinavian leagues. Do you sell a lot of copies over there? I can't think of any other reason. The German league isn't included either.

On the other hand, I understand you have to make choices and it is only a demo. The three biggest leagues are in and we can all try the game with nice teams.

:D

I'll not be visiting the pub today (still hungover from the Golden Joystick Awards from yesterday), I'm sure we all don't want me selecting the 'delete' rather than the 'go, go, go' button :D

How did it go at Golden Joystick Awards, did SI win anything ???

Can someone please give me a foolproof run-down of what needs doing if STEAM is the chosen route

Is there a fee to join STEAM?

What methods of payment do they accept,think ahead to the full release.

It sounds quite interesting,even if its just for the automatic patching.

Is STEAM the route SI recommend for the full version as well as the demo?

How did it go at Golden Joystick Awards, did SI win anything ???

Call of Duty 4 actually won quite a few of the awards, and unfortunately we didn't win anything.

Everything after the awards (the after party) is pretty much a blur - I'm sure there are pictures to giggle over from it :D

Call of Duty 4 actually won quite a few of the awards, and unfortunately we didn't win anything.

Everything after the awards (the after party) is pretty much a blur - I'm sure there are pictures to giggle over from it :D

At least you had a good time lol. On serious note bad luck, nothing to be ashamed that didnt win anything. COD4 is one quality game, but if you look at FM series as a whole over many years.....there is only one winner IMO

Is the demo going to be bang or 1gb or just under/over 1gb?

The reason I ask is that I'll need to download the demo on to this computer and then transfer using a 1gb USB stick to my gaming computer. If it's just over 1gb, I think I'm going to have a little problem :(, unless of course I burn to DVD, just that it's easier with a USB stick.

I played the demo last year and it was only small database and i continued it into the main game when it came out and it was yet small database.

I noticed that in last years version too. However, I'm hoping that they may have upped it to medium this time (small it pretty useless tbh).

about the discussions from here:

1.can someone that really knows this tell us if there will be a better database in the demo version, except the small?:)i would like some players to buy, and with the small one i can not....

2.if someone takes the full game from steam, will there be a chance that it will be available a few hours earlier(lets just say 1 max) than the official release?i paid 66$(american)for the game from steam and if i gave this money i would like to have it at least half an hour earlier:) its a lot of money spent on the game in my case(these 66 dollars), even though i have quite a good salary, cause i have VERY big debts, that were unpaid to get the game....so i would like an answer at the two points that are still unknown for me...

Is the demo going to be bang or 1gb or just under/over 1gb?

The reason I ask is that I'll need to download the demo on to this computer and then transfer using a 1gb USB stick to my gaming computer. If it's just over 1gb, I think I'm going to have a little problem :(, unless of course I burn to DVD, just that it's easier with a USB stick.

You might have trouble with a 1GB USB Key (The 'exe' is slightly over 1GB for the PC Version)

I noticed that in last years version too. However, I'm hoping that they may have upped it to medium this time (small it pretty useless tbh).

yeah exactly and the worst thing is you have to continue into the main game with a small daabase....i hope we can play the demo with a medium database this time..

What is the FASTEST way to download strawberry ?? would it be through a torrent or direct download ??

And i don't want to use STEAM as it just looks for too complicated ..

steam does not look complicated...you just have to make an account, and that is all...it takes about 20 seconds to start, but i presume that i will have my steam opened from 12 am(cause the hour from my country will be 2 am when the demo is released)...and steam...it is really not complicated...you have the interface where you see every game or demo that have been released or will be released...so you just have to click on them and than start the download....on torrents, you have to save the torrent, put it in utorrent(or others), wait a while until it finds the seeders/leechers and than it will start downloading...and i think that on torrents there will be a lot of people waiting...i know that steam has a great bandwith, and will have a great download speed...so...its easier with steam

Archived