Football manager 2009 demo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's to stop someone from simply logging in to steam via a US IP and getting the game for $29.99 rather than the $54.99 it is at most other places?

you won't get FM09 you get WSM09 with an american IP. I tried to access steam via a british IP and it still somehow new i was in america and couldn't access FM09

I can't wait!

Unfortunatly I live in Poland, and demo will be realised at 1 am. But I will get up and start downloading.

But I have one question. Which added country are available in Strawberry demo ? I have in mind option to choose added player for country like Mexico,Poland etc.

So will the FM demo be available tonight via Steam in the US? Or are we forced to wait a week for WWSM? As an aside, everyone I know here in the States who plays FM HATES the WWSM version. The only people who play the game here are hardcore football fans, we don't want to have to deal with Americanized terms (or wait for demos ;))

So will the FM demo be available tonight via Steam in the US? Or are we forced to wait a week for WWSM? As an aside, everyone I know here in the States who plays FM HATES the WWSM version. The only people who play the game here are hardcore football fans, we don't want to have to deal with Americanized terms (or wait for demos ;))

WWSM demo won't be announced until next week, FM demo isn't available in the US as far as I know.

Edit: FM09 demo is available in the US.

Please could i have some advice??

Ive tried installing Steam but having problems.It says "the system administrator has set policies to restrict this installation"....

does anyone know what to do??Iam the only person who uses my computer....iam using vista so it might be that!!

Good Afternoon to everyone!

I'm from Portugal and I'm exciting too for the demo of fm09. Anyone knows if FCPORTO is a great team as good finances?

And Cristiano Ronaldo? should be the best player. today he scores 2 goals in the first-half!! amazing player

you won't get FM09 you get WSM09 with an american IP. I tried to access steam via a british IP and it still somehow new i was in america and couldn't access FM09

What's the difference..WSM is the same as FM (AFAIK). Why pay $30 extra? I was able to login to a US IP and see the US pricing.

Can someone think of any issues (apart from legal/moral ones) that may occur.

What's the difference..WSM is the same as FM (AFAIK). Why pay $30 extra? I was able to login to a US IP and see the US pricing.

Can someone think of any issues (apart from legal/moral ones) that may occur.

no issues I can think of as WSM is the same as FM

WHAT?! I won't be able to download the demo because I live in the US? You better be kidding. I'd bought CM and FM for years and I deserve to play the demo just like everyone else. This better not be true.

We can still download FM09 through torrent, just not steam.:(

WHAT?! I won't be able to download the demo because I live in the US? You better be kidding. I'd bought CM and FM for years and I deserve to play the demo just like everyone else. This better not be true.

The WSM demo is not out for a week but I think you will be able to download via torrents and steam if you change your ip I think

• SI Staff

You can still download the demo of FM.

WWSM demo will be out next week.

Good Afternoon to everyone!

I'm from Portugal and I'm exciting too for the demo of fm09. Anyone knows if FCPORTO is a great team as good finances?

And Cristiano Ronaldo? should be the best player. today he scores 2 goals in the first-half!! amazing player

• SI Staff

WWSM has UK English this year as one of it's languages. We do listen :)

• SI Staff
Do I have to download a client or something to download the Mac demo off Gameshadow tonight?

Nope - no client needed.

Fair enough.

So, I won't be able to download via STEAM? Should I install some kind of torrent software? If that's the case, which one? I don't use those things.

I don't know if you'll be able to download via STEAM or not - I'm not personally dealing with STEAM, so have no one to ask. Sorry.

You can grab the direct download, or via torrent, for sure. I use a torrent client called Yuze, but there are loads out there. I hear good things about bittorrent too.

Keep right on, I presume you sit in the Tilton, Im opposite you... We'll beat Coventry! :thup:

I've never done anything with Birmingham on Football Manager

Got to watch out for good old Clinton..have a feeling he'l have a belter

He'l still be a God in my books...(aka the Villa) :thup:

Best I ever did was finish 6th in the Prem...4th season..

Was quite proud :)

:D I got promoted and survived one season... Then suffered from that disease called "second season synderome" and couldn't get back up

Edit: There's only one Clinton Morrison... He should get a great reception on Saturday!

Nope - no client needed.

I don't know if you'll be able to download via STEAM or not - I'm not personally dealing with STEAM, so have no one to ask. Sorry.

You can grab the direct download, or via torrent, for sure. I use a torrent client called Yuze, but there are loads out there. I hear good things about bittorrent too.

Y bet you mean Vuze, since it is what Google redirects me when I type Yuze, and Vuze is a torrent software. Fair enough, I'll install that and download the demo and uninstall it. I;m sure It'll be faster than direct download.

Cheers and sorry for being rude, you just don't mess with those things 7 hours before the release of the demo :D

My mother in law is here and I am faking studying for a test to get out of here and try the demo :D

• SI Staff
Y bet you mean Vuze, since it is what Google redirects me when I type Yuze, and Vuze is a torrent software. Fair enough, I'll install that and download the demo and uninstall it. I;m sure It'll be faster than direct download.

Cheers and sorry for being rude, you just don't mess with those things 7 hours before the release of the demo :D

My mother in law is here and I am faking studying for a test to get out of here and try the demo :D

Vuze, yup. It's not as if V and Y are anywhere near each other on the keyboard, so not quite sure how I did that....

The direct download speed has been very fast in testing - Gameshadow don't muck about with these things. Maybe worth trying to grab both, and see which is quicker?

Archived