Football manager 2009 demo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it means to let your file upload so others can download, it makes the process of everyone downloading faster

so simplify it, you have to stay with the torrent open, so others can download from you

the same thing with what you said inmotion,sorry:P

• SI Staff
Will we be able to run more than one league?

Not at the same time, no.

why is there a quickstart in indonesia??? would have prefered a "beter" league like the german league, russian or even the turkish league.

Because we had announced 10, and picked 10, and then I decided to be nice and add another 2, which were picked completely at random (Argentina and Indonesia)

at this price, from steam, why do they have to put the taxes?they could have sold the game for, i do not know, lets say 45$ and than with taxes, 55....more reasonable, as i am in this business(game industry) and the games from my firm cost less, cause they have a smaller price(around 35-45 us $) and more people buy it cause its cheaper...but if you have a game that costs much, and with these taxes, not as many will buy

although, i bought it from steam...i trust steam and i trust that the game will worth the spent money(i was not trying to discredit si or sega)

at this price, from steam, why do they have to put the taxes?they could have sold the game for, i do not know, lets say 45$ and than with taxes, 55....more reasonable, as i am in this business(game industry) and the games from my firm cost less, cause they have a smaller price(around 35-45 us $) and more people buy it cause its cheaper...but if you have a game that costs much, and with these taxes, not as many will buy

although, i bought it from steam...i trust steam and i trust that the game will worth the spent money(i was not trying to discredit si or sega)

According to current exchange rates $49.99 comes out at £30.93, which probably about the same as it will be in the shops over here in the UK.

So not bad really, although not for me, I prefer to have something for my money so I like the excitement of actually going to the shop and queueing up and buying the game, yes I am like a big kid and yet I am 32!

• SI Staff
Just a quick question with the quickstarts - which database size would they be based on?

(just so I can get cracking tonight with some logo stuff for clubs)

Always small for quickstarts.

Is the demo going to be bang or 1gb or just under/over 1gb?

The reason I ask is that I'll need to download the demo on to this computer and then transfer using a 1gb USB stick to my gaming computer. If it's just over 1gb, I think I'm going to have a little problem :(, unless of course I burn to DVD, just that it's easier with a USB stick.

PC is just over 1GB. Mac is just under 1GB.

miles?if you are still here, i think that romania's league is better than indonesia:P just trying to make some "publicity" to divizia a:P nothing more, and no hard feelings that i will see indonesia...your choice has reasons and i trust them;)

According to current exchange rates $49.99 comes out at £30.93, which probably about the same as it will be in the shops over here in the UK.

So not bad really, although not for me, I prefer to have something for my money so I like the excitement of actually going to the shop and queueing up and buying the game, yes I am like a big kid and yet I am 32!

the currencies from romania at the euro and american dollar are big....at our salaries(that, honestly, are very small, around 125 euros the basic sallary)not as many affort the game...many are waiting to find it on odc or free torrents

ok I'm from India, don't know about the timings when its gonna be available here

Can somebody tell, how many more hours to go, at this time?

india is 5 and a half hours later than the gmt time...the game is released at 12 am in england, than in india it will be 5.30 am

I was thinking of downloading the strawberry version, but if i'm gonna manage in England anyway and am not fussed about pictures for the demo will there be any benefit in downloading an extra 825MB?

I'm only testing out new features really, gonna be Arsenal in the full version but for the demo I will manage someone else.

I can download over night, but when I use BitComet my downloads can be very slow compared to normal download so not sure if steam will be the same.

steam will not be the same...the download speeds will be around 800kilo's and 1 mega

i always had those speed downloads...and the strawberry demo will be more fun...cause until 14th, you can see other leagues too...cause you have only 6 month for a save...so after one save is over, you can go to another country to manage a team

Can't wait for this demo.:)

I live in Canada so I can start downloading at 8pm!:D

But the file is over 1 GB...my computer goes at a max of about 125kb/sec. It's going to take forever.:(

wake up in the morning, start downloading and than you can go make a shower, eat breakfast, have a coffee and a smoke(that is if you drink and smoke:P )

cant bloody wait lads, i think i will be downloading the vanilla to get started then the strawberry in the background whilst i am living the dream........... gonna be a relationship strain again this year, i think she should be used to it seeing as it comes out every year.....women eh

wake up in the morning, start downloading and than you can go make a shower, eat breakfast, have a coffee and a smoke(that is if you drink and smoke:P )

:p I'm too young to drink and smoke!

Is there anyway I can get the FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 demo instead of WWSM 2009 demo on steam? (and also buy it, although the $29.99 price tag on WWSM '09 does look tempting:D. I don't want to pay customs again...The custom charges to ship my FM08 from UK to Canada was over $30...)

An early release of the demo would be cool, I restored my system the other day and as a result I would need to start a new game with FM2008. Doesn't seem much point as the demo is out so soon.

Also, what a nice way of thanking the people who helped with the FML Beta testing than to let us start the demo now ;-) After all the only thing that could be better than having all day Sunday to play the demo would be to have the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday .....

The button is calling you Miles "push me , push me" its saying .... ;-)

An early release of the demo would be cool, I restored my system the other day and as a result I would need to start a new game with FM2008. Doesn't seem much point as the demo is out so soon.

Also, what a nice way of thanking the people who helped with the FML Beta testing than to let us start the demo now ;-) After all the only thing that could be better than having all day Sunday to play the demo would be to have the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday .....

The button is calling you Miles "push me , push me" its saying .... ;-)

Good thinking Neilo - i agree Miles

Can't wait for this demo.:)

I live in Canada so I can start downloading at 8pm!:D

But the file is over 1 GB...my computer goes at a max of about 125kb/sec. It's going to take forever.:(

Thats only 2hrs 15mins though if it downloads constantly at that speed. I have a limited speed too due to the speed of the outside line.

Archived