Football manager 2009 demo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
348689064.png

;)

That's just obscene! Go and disport yourself somewhere else please!!! :mad:

I'm on 8MB, but I usually only get around 6MB.

Edit: God dammit! BT are choking my bandwidth or something...I'm at less than a Meg at this moment, it better be back to it's normal speed in an hour or I am gonna be mad as Hell.:(

348689064.png

;)

that reminds me of an old car commercial where a guy stands alongside the freeway and the car races by. The only thing the guy knows about the car, is that it is a 'iiiiinnngggggg' (e.g. the sound it says when it races by).

Damn a connection you have :D

Denilson is a top DM, and much better than Flamini ever could be, but has been scapegoated somewhat in the period of crapness recently despite being one of our best players throughout.

The CBs being not overly tall is an issue, though very short is an exageration, they aren't much shorted than John Terry. It's just that both Gallas and Toure need to be playing alongside a real commanding powerhouse type or they're found out a bit in the air. Gallas is a very good leader at times, scores very important goals and has created a never give up type mentality that resulted in us fighting alot more and getting more late goals, but he's a bit overly passionate at times and loses his cool, which can't be good for the younguns. If we're still within 6 points of the leaders after xmas we'll win the title, November is massive though, we could capitulate and end up 15 points behind very easily.

No, im sorry, but you're just wrong. Denilson isnt a DM, he's a creative player in the Fabregas mould. DMs are big, stoppers...hence Viera/Diaby when fit/Makelele/Essien etc. Denilson is too similar to Cesc. He is a Fabregas understudy, and a good one at that. But no more.

As for the person talking about wingers...think of it this way:

Rosicky - always injured, not sure if we'll ever see him again to be honest. The ONLY left winger on the books.

Nasri - class but wasted on the left as he's right footed

Walcott - currently too inconsistent though could be good soon

Vela - well we dont know yet, but from what ive seen he's more of a striker than a left winger. Either way, we cant keep rely on players "maturing into good players" because it will happen at different times. By the time he gets to where Walcott is, Cesc will probably have had enough of no trophies. By the time both he and Walcott are at the quality level of Cesc (quite possible), Walcott will have had enough too.

Wilshere - is an AMC. Like a mixture of Cesc and Dennis. Not to mention he's 16.

Eboue - not a winger, in any way. A good understudy for Sagna, nothing more.

RvP - theoretically could be an answer but is currently needed up front. Maybe a striker could be the answer to both positions. MAYBE.

Numbers does not equal success. Currently we dont have a left-footed winger who is a viable option. Not a single one.

Can you check your My Games tab for me? It should list FM09.

You might not be able to download the demo, though. But since you have paid for FM09, you should be able to get it as long as you can log into the same account. I'm not completely savvy with Steam, though, so I am just noodling.

Yep, I can see it listed.... my concern though is that it is listed under purchase, but when I do a straight search for the product, I don't find it. I also don't see any of the apparent advertising for it. This makes me think that it is down to the region I'm in (currently Japan). Hopefully, it means I can download the game when it is released in a fortnight, but I'm assuming that Steam won't work out that because I've bought the product I should be entitled to the demo.

Does anyone know if it is going to be available in Singapore or HK on Steam?

This will be my Fourteenth year playing football manager.

It'll be a milestone next year!

thru my ups and downs, this kid has always been there for me.

yes, FM09, my kid.

the kid is my son.

Been there my friend - from the days of Nii Lamptey, Tommy Svindal Larsson, and Andry Sigporsson!

counting down the next hour!!!

I've dowloaded 'Steam', but the demo isn't showing up when I search for it. I take it it'll just appear at 11pm and be available to download from there? Will it take long on a Virgin Media connection with a d/load speed of 2056kbps and an upload speed of 188kbps?

it will take me about 10-15 min to do download the 1 gig demo trough steam :p:D

I wish.

348683414.png

Anyone here got a slower connection than me?

Needless to say, I'll be downloading the vanilla version, and it will still take a few hours if everything goes alright.

It'll only take about 32 hours to get the strawberry version – come on give it a go :D

Archived