Football manager 2009 demo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not, no. Everything is pretty calm at the moment, and seems relatively organised. Still could all go horribly wrong at 11 though, but everyone seems to be doing exactly what they need to to make this the smoothest demo launch we've had.

It will hurt us, actually. The way we are doing this at present means that we know exactly what file people are getting. The bandwidth that's in place should be enough for people to be able to get those files, and there are very few parts of the process that are out of our control.

We are also able to get full stats on how many downloads there have been if we know where they all are.

Therefore, we have no interest in people mirroring at the moment, and do not give anyone permission to do so.

If/when we decide to change this, we will ask for mirrors. Then there will be a process of having to check each of the downloads ourselves before we are happy to link to them on here.

We don't want people getting files that aren't what they say they are. The only way to be sure of this is to have this system in place.

I look forward to feeling your wrath, Fred. Having just completed Lego Batman, I'm happy to take on anyone.

I don't know how to highlight individual quotes but the last one about Lego Batman had me in fits!

yes it is only quick games and no you cannot start your own game with large db. Its a demo, not a full game.

Well its a waste of time then, the demo should be showcasing the full game and this means you have to start again if you want a proper sized database with the real game. Thats if transferring works at all this year.

With that I'd better take the girfriend out to the new shopping centre here in London (Westfield - the biggest in Europe) before I get in trouble (either here or at home - I just can't win) :D

*removes the finger (mouse cursor) from the 'go, go, go' button :p

I built that place with my tower crane :D

Well its a waste of time then, the demo should be showcasing the full game and this means you have to start again if you want a proper sized database with the real game. Thats if transferring works at all this year.

It has always been like this. If they were to ship a demo with quick games done with large Db, it would probably be 3 times the size of now.

I think its good they do it this way. 1 GB is still a large demo.

Hey Guys just wondering, you can download this as a torrent file but how? i dont want to install steam or gameshadow i do however have utorrent which will enable me to download the torrent file but where from???
''

They'll post it when it up (11 PM or something) ... so... hang on. :) Like we're all doing (same goes for Feyenoord!... Hang on guys! Second division is nice too ;))

Hey Guys just wondering, you can download this as a torrent file but how? i dont want to install steam or gameshadow i do however have utorrent which will enable me to download the torrent file but where from???

Torrent file links will be posted on these forums around 11:00GMT I think.

Should i be worried that when i went on steam website n thought i wud see how downloading works it said tomb raider would take 7 hours. Surely FM09 wont take 2 long. Anyone know how long it is likely to take. I have brand new laptop so speed shuldnt be problem???

My plan is to;

1) Eat.

2) Play '08.

3) Watch MOTD. (Damn Arsenal!!!!!)

4) Download PC and Mac Strawberry (If available).

5) Watch MOTD.

6) Install Demo.

7) Upload Demo.

8) Play Demo.

9) Take S/Shots.

10) Go to bed.

That will take me nicely up to 3am.

ive never used steam before

i know having a steam account means you can play on any pc but does it mean that if you want to continue with a saved game on another pc you just log into steam and away you go or have you got to save on a usb stick and then when you continue on another pc log into steam and plug usb in to carry on with saved game

or would it just be easier to carry disc and usb with me and install on each pc as i go

any advice would be appreciated

I know its a bit off topic..but i would like to know more abt getting the game from steam. As i understand u can download the game from there. But my problem is that i have a slow connection (256kbps) and usually my maximum download speed is just 30kbps. Now seeing that the demo is around 1GB, i think its safe to assume that the full game will be at least double that i think. And that will take around 3 nights for me to download it :( So what i need to know is whether steam supports resume download? :(

Hey all, a debut forum writer here, so please bear with me.

Am lookin forward to the demo release tonite as much as everyone.

In regards to the game, could anyone let me know whether the last transfer windows action will of been included, re whether Robinho will be at Man City, Berbatov at Utd, and whether Man City will have Millions upon Millions to spend?!?

Cheers!!!

Hey all, a debut forum writer here, so please bear with me.

Am lookin forward to the demo release tonite as much as everyone.

In regards to the game, could anyone let me know whether the last transfer windows action will of been included, re whether Robinho will be at Man City, Berbatov at Utd, and whether Man City will have Millions upon Millions to spend?!?

Cheers!!!

Yes transfers from the last transfer window will be included :thup:

How long will it take to download the Demo with the most graphics and stuff (Vanilla i think it is) does it download with a torrent client or what and again how long just really curios sooooooo excited :D:D:D:D

Archived