Football manager 2009 demo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Miles

Do i take it from the fact that you said you're "meant to be" panicking, that you're not? I have to say, from everything I've heard this year, I really do have high hopes for this year. Do you (HONESTLY) think this is the biggest step forward in CM/FM history? How much better than FM08 is it?!

I'm not, no. Everything is pretty calm at the moment, and seems relatively organised. Still could all go horribly wrong at 11 though, but everyone seems to be doing exactly what they need to to make this the smoothest demo launch we've had.

I figure you guys will need 1 million mirrors, why only open it up to mirrors when "requested." It's not going to hurt SI if someone uses their own bandwidth to up the demo somewhere.

It will hurt us, actually. The way we are doing this at present means that we know exactly what file people are getting. The bandwidth that's in place should be enough for people to be able to get those files, and there are very few parts of the process that are out of our control.

We are also able to get full stats on how many downloads there have been if we know where they all are.

Therefore, we have no interest in people mirroring at the moment, and do not give anyone permission to do so.

If/when we decide to change this, we will ask for mirrors. Then there will be a process of having to check each of the downloads ourselves before we are happy to link to them on here.

We don't want people getting files that aren't what they say they are. The only way to be sure of this is to have this system in place.

I command you to release the demo at once! or feel my wrath!

I look forward to feeling your wrath, Fred. Having just completed Lego Batman, I'm happy to take on anyone.

I'm not, no. Everything is pretty calm at the moment, and seems relatively organised. Still could all go horribly wrong at 11 though, but everyone seems to be doing exactly what they need to to make this the smoothest demo launch we've had.

It will hurt us, actually. The way we are doing this at present means that we know exactly what file people are getting. The bandwidth that's in place should be enough for people to be able to get those files, and there are very few parts of the process that are out of our control.

We are also able to get full stats on how many downloads there have been if we know where they all are.

Therefore, we have no interest in people mirroring at the moment, and do not give anyone permission to do so.

If/when we decide to change this, we will ask for mirrors. Then there will be a process of having to check each of the downloads ourselves before we are happy to link to them on here.

We don't want people getting files that aren't what they say they are. The only way to be sure of this is to have this system in place.

I look forward to feeling your wrath, Fred. Having just completed Lego Batman, I'm happy to take on anyone.

Quality, it is refreshing knowing you can afford to play (and complete) lego Batman when you are just a few hours away from a demo release!

So the Vanilla demo is ONLY available from the NOTW site as it isnt advertised on there will you be giving some link to it, it's been said on some sites you'll have to get a code from that rag to be able to download it, is this true ???

20mins - get my cigarette

20mins - shower

20mins - play with my hamster

20mins - fiddle with my Facebook

20mins - study on my working materials

20mins - dance of untainted joy and absolute happiness

Voila!

I read that as "fiddle with my hamster"...

Glad it's out 1 hour earlier that's great news, Miles, just wondering if you are being watford this year? As i asure you if you have been watching any of our games(like today), yo will know you are in for a tough job, mind you, you can't really get tactically worse than boothroyd, 3-3, at home, blackpool, and mcanuff on bench, no attempt whatsoever to win the game. By the way, do you have a season ticket at watford, if so, where do you site, i sit upper rous towards the rookery, i sit on front row so i'll give you a wave haha.

The job isn't that difficult really, just start with Williamson in midfield instead of Useless. Drop Doyley and Sadler. Stick Harley at left-back and either Mariappa or Bromby at right-back. To be honest though, even Aidy (not Mariappa) could do a better job than Doyley.

And drop Lee! Drop Lee! Drop Lee! Stick in Loach, or even Tyler. It's not difficult at all, we're attackingly sound but our defence has no confidence in our keeper and our full-backs are woeful.

As you can tell, I've already begun planning ahead for the all-nighter I plan on pulling! And I was the only person sitting in the centre of the Lower Rous at the front in the rain. A few others left at half-time... I wish I had now.

Miles, when downloading the demo of steam, do you simply type football manager 2009 into the search engine and then put type on demos.

p.s. good luck playing with watford on fm09 this year, i'm a season ticket holder and have suffered a great deal of pain this season(including today), also, are you a season ticket holder and where do you sit if you are i sit in upper rous towards the rookery.

2 hours, 45 minutes :o

Anyway, I am definitely uploading the demo to our server and linking our users to it. I do not need to be linked from here, once again it shows that SI are not showing caring for the wider community of sites, but oh well, thats the way you work and I accept that. Partially.

The job isn't that difficult really, just start with Williamson in midfield instead of Useless. Drop Doyley and Sadler. Stick Harley at left-back and either Mariappa or Bromby at right-back. To be honest though, even Aidy (not Mariappa) could do a better job than Doyley.

And drop Lee! Drop Lee! Drop Lee! Stick in Loach, or even Tyler. It's not difficult at all, we're attackingly sound but our defence has no confidence in our keeper and our full-backs are woeful.

As you can tell, I've already begun planning ahead for the all-nighter I plan on pulling! And I was the only person sitting in the centre of the Lower Rous at the front in the rain. A few others left at half-time... I wish I had now.

Sorry, didn' see you there, i sit right above you then!!!

I agree with the williamson point, eustace is another mahon, doyley shouldn't even be able to play football, i mean, how did he get scouted when he was younger? Totally agree with the sadler point then you can put mcanuff left wing, why is he on the bench, ridiculous!!! Lee, saved 3 penalties, then awful against wolves, preston and blackpool. Loach is 10x the player and attracted interest from top,top clubs but is injured which is why he isn't playing. Keep in touch throughout the game, believe me, where i live i am the only watford fan.

• SI Staff
So the Vanilla demo is ONLY available from the NOTW site as it isnt advertised on there will you be giving some link to it, it's been said on some sites you'll have to get a code from that rag to be able to download it, is this true ???

You will not need a code from the paper, no.

2 hours, 45 minutes :o

Anyway, I am definitely uploading the demo to our server and linking our users to it. I do not need to be linked from here, once again it shows that SI are not showing caring for the wider community of sites, but oh well, thats the way you work and I accept that. Partially.

The community sites are more than welcome to take any of the direct links that we post in our forums and use those for people to grab the demo. People do not have to visit our website to get the demo.

steam type in football manager 2009 on the left side of screen says demo it brings up list of available ones

For example, when user with russian IP type "football manager 2009" in STEAM search field, STEAM say: "no search results"

Did I understand correctly - we can't upload demo on our local websites?)

almost 2am here....slept at 7am yesterday and woke up 6pm....so i can be awake when the demo is launched and start on it...can't wait

lucky you. Here it's almost midnight and I'm sleepy as hell. Hopefully my son will sleep a little bit longer than 05:00 :(

So let me get this straight, there are only quick starts with a small DB size, you cant create a game with a large DB size like you would with the real game?

yes it is only quick games and no you cannot start your own game with large db. Its a demo, not a full game.

Archived