Match engine videos

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is still a little worrying that no one from SI has made a comment about this yet though

I dont think theres any worry needed tbh, during the making of it etc, they would of obviously noticed it flashes before the goal is scored and i dont think that there that idiotical to not fix it.

I dont think theres any worry needed tbh, during the making of it etc, they would of obviously noticed it flashes before the goal is scored and i dont think that there that idiotical to not fix it.

well they are not idiots but tend to miss small things along the way

IMO the 3d match engine is merely a replica of the 2d so if you watch the 2d closely I'm sure the flashing occurs at the same time as in the 3d, the scale of the field just changes things.

Nah 2d was always spot on, flashed as the ball crossed the line, hopefully this is something thats already sorted in the final release and we're worring about nothing

Oh.... watch the end of the new 3D. The ball is cleared from a corner and as usual it takes the players ages to realise he has to get the ball... He takes a good few seconds before realising he needs to sprint to intercept.

I HOPE this is due to the players bad positional/anticipation stats.

Fingers crossed.

yeah you are right, they flash as the guy kicks it and before the ball is in the net lol

Definately happens.If you slow the clip down the goal message starts flashing just as the ball is on the 6 yard line.Si should acknowledge this before wide spread panic sets in

Definately happens.If you slow the clip down the goal message starts flashing just as the ball is on the 6 yard line.Si should acknowledge this before wide spread panic sets in

Just seen that.

That is a slight concern.

Any word from SI?

This goal thing didn't happen on all the videos I watched, some were normal and started flashing the message when the goal was scored, not before it, if it happens once in a blue moon, it shouldn't be a problem.

I suppose we will find out how much of (or how little) a problem this is in around 30 hours when we all get the demo on the go.

I feel compelled to add a rolling eye emoticon here, or something. But I'll refrain.

I really don't find this to be an issue. In fact, I couldn't care less. I think the video looks fantastic overall. The one question that I still have is the number of animations available. Will we see bicycle kicks, volleys, chest control, a variety of dribbles, etc. etc. But seeing the goal comment flash before the ball crosses the line? Whatever.

I feel compelled to add a rolling eye emoticon here, or something. But I'll refrain.

I really don't find this to be an issue. In fact, I couldn't care less. I think the video looks fantastic overall. The one question that I still have is the number of animations available. Will we see bicycle kicks, volleys, chest control, a variety of dribbles, etc. etc. But seeing the goal comment flash before the ball crosses the line? Whatever.

It's not such a big deal.

But it will be irritating if it happens on a regular basis.

Glad you don't find it an issue,good for you pal...plenty will though so until free speech is barred in this country i'll bring it up if i notice it ok?

Oh and the widespread panic remark was tongue in cheek,is that all ok for you now? Thanks

Glad you don't find it an issue,good for you pal...plenty will though so until free speech is barred in this country i'll bring it up if i notice it ok?

Oh and the widespread panic remark was tongue in cheek,is that all ok for you now? Thanks

Get some thicker skin, chap. This is a forum where people are allowed to disagree. So so until free speech is barred in this country i'll bring it up if i disagree ok?

Anyway, moving on:

I just watched it again with sound (couldn't do it at work). There is a noticeable improvement, but it's still missing some realism:

1) the crowd didn't particularly go wild for the goal.

2) no chanting.

3) Attendance size didn't seem to match the crowd noise (I know, there's no indication of the attendance, but considering it's Torquay, it sounded a lot more than 6,000 fans)

4) no real sounds from the game itself, aside from ball touches (which were not timed right), and the ref's whistles.

All in all, it's still rather boring. I know it's a cosmetic thing, but I see the FIFA series, and the crowd noise is so much more realistic, it really adds a lot of value in immersing the player into the game, perhaps moreso than even the animation or the graphics. I still feel that this is something that SI is taking with very little seriousness.

I'm also a bit worried about the goal flash happening before the ball crosses the line.

I've looked at the videos quite a bit & it seems to happen when the ball passes the goalie rather than the line.

Where's the goal line technology, dam you SI!! :-p

I'm sure it's sorted in the gold version & all will be well for release, if not I'm sure it's a priority for 1st patch.

It won't stop me playing it that's for sure!!

Just over 12 hours til demo, get in...

It looked all right in that video.

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

That video is an older version and PaulC has already conceded that the youtube video was from the gold code and a patch will be released to rectify the problem. He didn't think it was a big enough problem to change and open up the probability of other bugs!

however, when watching a football game anyway, you somtimes know a goal has been scored before it is in the net, ie.. one on one with the goalkeeper, the ball going past the keeper, unless a big lump of mud slows the ball down, its 1-0, the player is already sometimes celebrating before it going past the line

Archived