What are the chances of finding another Pelé? Probably one in a Brazillion.

Makoto Nakamura

15 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Image result for mind blown

That's awesome! Hail to Erllymax! Expecting a bid from either Barcelona or Real Madrid to come through any moment now though.

15 hours ago, ajcardall said:

He is insane :eek:

9 hours ago, XaW said:

Holy s**t! :eek:

That name though. Really rolls of the tongue with ease...

8 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Erllymax both looks and sounds like a monster.

8 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Eryllmax sounds like an energy drink.

Seriously though, he's gonna become a beast. Well, he already is one but he's gonna become even more of a beast. What a wonderkid you have on your hands.

8 hours ago, XaW said:

Or an RPG boss, probably a dragon.

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

15 positioning, 15 anticipation and 14 decisions on a 15 year old centre-back, that is insane. I have paid like £20 million for centre-backs with worst stats in those areas. 

he even has good PPMs for a centre-back.

I'm glad you all agree! He's going to be great for whoever he plays for but I'd put good money on him never playing for us :lol:

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I'm glad you all agree! He's going to be great for whoever he plays for but I'd put good money on him never playing for us :lol:

I have faith in your ability to keep him around and have him become a legend for you!

oGyk8_s-200x150.gif

2023 End of Season

dbd762b3e6b9638bc8b12e1b71d9c89f.png

a14188bd2b5e6de660f13da1a6b48890.png

A terrible end to the season but we stayed up, if we'd of had 40 points we would of been relegated but we stayed up by virtue of winning more games than Santa Cruz and Figueirense.

1a152a4b3e362c4ea3132628ec8226c5.png

e5d61dedda4d45bcc5fb1ba8e16cdb45.pngcc49c7e48ff64f95ca6a7e71e18dc0cd.png55ab00ab2d80a78588a3e9f37763d009.png

f392913f9be31369e0d27c42ca397a6a.png

5128b8540784b93594c579302c05d9f8.png

6d9bb8aeb64fafdf0f51ab95d38ec72f.png

48fdca864bcff93daab01d8fc5ffe27b.png

Overall Best XI

8313391f791598af0d914d958b11b139.png

2023 Best XI

602725c1b55e116ac11c42dd8e162a41.png

Roberlan (YP5a)

Iranílson - Neca (YP4d) - Libório (YP1a) - Juninho Cearense (YP2a)

Juninho - Gio Paraíba (ResC) - Laninho (YP5f)

Luquinha (ResB) - Bruno (YP5c) - Watteau (YP1b)

I don't remember accepting a loan move for Laninho...

Season |  League  |  Position  |   State   | Position | Copa do Brasil | Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017   | Serie D  | 2nd Grp E  | Paraibano |   2nd    |       N/A      | State Final
2018   | Serie D  | 1st Grp D  | Paraibano |   2nd    |    4th Round   | State Final, Serie D Playoff Quarter Final
2019   | Serie D  | 1st Grp D  | Paraibano |   1st    |    3rd Round   | State Winners, Serie D Playoff Final, Promoted!
2020   | Serie C  | 4th Grp A  | Paraibano |   1st    |    2nd Round   | State Winners, Nordestao 3rd Grp D, Serie C Playoff Final, Promoted!
2021   | Serie B  |    14th    | Paraibano |   1st    |    2nd Round   | State Winners, Nordestao 3rd Grp C, Survived
2022   | Serie B  |    15th    | Paraibano |   1st    |    2nd Round   | State Winners, Nordestao Finalists, Survived
2023   | Serie B  |    15th    | Paraibano |   1st    |    4th Round   | State Winners, Nordestao Quarter Finalists, Survived

January 2024

f2ae333b0bc59056fe4c4fdd86e2f3ac.png

1411b108eff77b19b8c23bddcd60dfcb.png

9b25624aa57147515d753f582dc5606d.png

Youth facility upgrade :D Minimal expectations again and that 4th place prediction may be accurate...

5d9ed3f14d421dbf2c3ddc223876c3d7.png

585e7c4cd9fa3b86eb03c0037f0fbe60.png

Very mixed start but we're starting to do well away from home and we're just 2 points off of 1st.

7c4aac51ff16c0b76b9f656c16cf2379.png

Despite us being 2 divisions above both Botafogo and Campinense we still have a lower wage bill than both of them.

24 minutes ago, walterjocoski said:

Hello.

Why don't you use the 5* CA newgen at his actual age? You could enjoy him while you have, couldn't you?

Btw, Nice thread in my beloved country. 😁

Because I feel like another club will have snapped him up by June, if not then he'll definitely be in the first 11!

Thanks Walter, it's much appreciated! :D

Just to compare where we are compared to the teams we face, of the best XI we can put out only 3 of them are rated as suiting Serie B football, striker Bruno (YP5c) and the DC pairing of Neca (YP4d) and Foguinho (YP6d), also Erllymax (YP7a) when he's old enough. Every other player in the Best XI is rated as Serie D quality apart from 3rd choice MC Juninho who's a leading player for the Brazilian inferior divisions.

Just now, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Damn, I really love that name. It just rolls of the tongue. Erllymax, Erllymax, Erllymax...

You're fighting off some big names there with Santos and Corinthians both interested.

Erllymax, Erllymax, not on time Max or late Max, always Erllymax. :D

We still have him and it's May 15th, just a month before he has his birthday and can play for us...

5 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

The name is not as complicated as it sounds.

Erllymax is really 'Erlimax' with funny spelling. The pronunciation is more or less like this: Er-lee-max

1 minute ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

So the play on words with not on time Max or late Max, always Erllymax actually works? :D 

Yes, the Max there is more or less like the English 'Max'.

In real life this kind of name is usually because the mother is called 'Erli' and the father is called 'Max' (or a name that starts with Max, like Maxlei, etc..).

Some interesting teams in Série B there, like URT. 

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

Yes, the Max there is more or less like the English 'Max'.

In real life this kind of name is usually because the mother is called 'Erli' and the father is called 'Max' (or a name that starts with Max, like Maxlei, etc..).

Some interesting teams in Série B there, like URT. 

Very interesting! :)

URT were promoted from Serie D in 2020 and promoted from Serie C last season, there best finish in the Campeonato Mineiro was this season, where they finished 7th and they've made it to the Copa do Brasil 4 times with their best result being them making it to the 3rd Round in 2022.

1 minute ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Very interesting! :)

URT were promoted from Serie D in 2020 and promoted from Serie C last season, there best finish in the Campeonato Mineiro was this season, where they finished 7th and they've made it to the Copa do Brasil 4 times with their best result being them making it to the 3rd Round in 2022.

Looks pretty decent evolution, it seems they won't last long in Série C though.

Good move for Erllymax there, shame you lost him though.

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:24, Makoto Nakamura said:

2022 Youth Candidates

b8e4c89e12beee840cc0e0842cdb582f.png

hnnngggg...potentially an amazing intake!

4571586385d6215f8027aac6feaed72f.png

8c8943836fdad7df6d9d31268c2990b7.png

4ba0abaef56fe7a4531ca5f3cf070021.png

I notice that you have removed influence column from the left hand side.

I had noticed previously, (kept forgetting to comment), that in some cases there were Youth Intake players who were given a high influence rating, but who's perceived PA was actually very low.

2 examples of this were YP3m and YP3o.

After I mentioned this before, I also looked at it in my save and there seemed to be some sort of a link between PA and influence for players at this level. There was even a page which showed me why a player was as influential as he was and it gave reasons. The only reason that I could see for a Day 1 Youth Intake player to have a high influence would have been PA, (or perceived PA to be more accurate), and I wonder if these are examples of either the Ass Man being wrong is his PA rating of the players, or something else thing else that makes them seem better than they might otherwise appear. (Personality or CA or PPM's for example).

Do you fancy putting it back on so we can keep looking please, (and I think I'm going to try and do the same from my end).

Loving the intakes by the way. :applause:

On 11/22/2017 at 17:32, Makoto Nakamura said:

2d1fce8bfb75fbd9e2871533314a20fb.png

:( I couldn't protest but at least it's good money for a 15 year old, would be great if I could have gotten a sell-on fee.

4a87b3f3bb3d4b462b02bdfa071e591a.png

I understand and completely agree that Chairman should often accept deals for good youngsters and we just have to accept that many of us will run "selling clubs" most of the time. That being said, if this was real life, what we would be doing is approaching the Chairman and saying "look Mr Sousa", (because everyone is called Sousa is Sousa right?) when we sell a player under 21, can we look to have a 50% add on fee in all of the deals even if we lose money off the deal in the short term?" Now some greedy Chairman might not fancy doing that, or might not want to do it the whole time, but the feature is in the game, it's just not being used enough. 

On 11/23/2017 at 15:13, tajj7 said:

15 positioning, 15 anticipation and 14 decisions on a 15 year old centre-back, that is insane. I have paid like £20 million for centre-backs with worst stats in those areas. 

he even has good PPMs for a centre-back.

Looks more like a DM to me. 

13 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I understand and completely agree that Chairman should often accept deals for good youngsters and we just have to accept that many of us will run "selling clubs" most of the time. That being said, if this was real life, what we would be doing is approaching the Chairman and saying "look Mr Sousa", (because everyone is called Sousa is Sousa right?) when we sell a player under 21, can we look to have a 50% add on fee in all of the deals even if we lose money off the deal in the short term?" Now some greedy Chairman might not fancy doing that, or might not want to do it the whole time, but the feature is in the game, it's just not being used enough. 

I have had this issue pop up too and think you are on to something. 

Could it be a bug?

2 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I have had this issue pop up too and think you are on to something. 

Could it be a bug?

Well actually, when you look at it, the Chairman has actually done ok. 

This is what was posted earlier in the thread. 

d3a0fcac06cc982979da51aa2fedd53c.png

I'm not actually sure what the deal was here. Is it £525,000 compensation + £18k per 40 league games + £180k for 1 INT appearance + 15% re-sale profit? That's exactly the sort of deal I want Chairmen to try and make. He gets money but there are a few different add-ons involved too. 

This is the previous deal. 

17ec8aa187cb302cf60c2c4eb05ac545.png

So despite the fact that we all agree that Givanildo (YP6e) is not as good as Erllymax (YP7a), the Chairman took £600k for the poorer player I'm not exactly sure what he took for Erllymax because I don't know if it is £525k + add-ons or just the add-ons. 

Then we have the 3rd deal as follows. 

5088c6fd149d09f24bdc7fb211d84817.png

He's had the £600k from the 1st player. 

He's got mainly add-ons I think for Max, (although possibly + £550k). 

Why sell a 3rd player? This is a lot of money at this level I think, (looking at the cost of the upgrades and the wages). Why sell a 3rd promising 15yo when not only are you cash rich from the 1st deal, but you also know that the future is looking good because of the Max deal. 

I think deals 1 and 2 make sense in hindsight, (especially if it's +£550k for Max), but what doesn't make sense is the £140k for the 3rd deal. The Chairman doesn't need the money. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

d3a0fcac06cc982979da51aa2fedd53c.png

I'm not actually sure what the deal was here. Is it £525,000 compensation + £18k per 40 league games + £180k for 1 INT appearance + 15% re-sale profit? That's exactly the sort of deal I want Chairmen to try and make. He gets money but there are a few different add-ons involved too. 

With this one I would have to assume it is the £525k + as the £18k x 40 games is £720k + the £180k gives £900k in additionals.  Near enough £1.5m when all games are played plus whatever comes from the profit of the sale.   

What I am not clear on though is where the profit starts from?  As it was a free transfer, with compensation, does that mean anything from £1 and up gains profit or does the profit start from the £525k compensation?

In terms of Erllymax, I would not object to that transfer happening too much as it is not too bad a deal, but I have had deals accepted with £40-50k offers for amazing PA prospects of 140+ (I am using the IGE to test a few things) with good CA as well that allows them to go into my first 11 straight away. 

15 hours ago, john1 said:

Such a shame you couldn't hold on to Erllymax :(

I know. :( He'll have a great career for sure.

10 hours ago, nie jem frytek said:

This really Max was so good everyone missed Napoleon in the same intake. :)

Following and hoping it won't end like the last time in Brazil Youth Challenge, when Makoto got a player "one of the best in generation" and faulty save just few moments later. The team name was M-something I believe.

Was that my Marilia career?

5 hours ago, deltablue said:

Hopefully you can avoid squeaky bum time again.

Hopefully, but not likely,

4 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I notice that you have removed influence column from the left hand side.

I had noticed previously, (kept forgetting to comment), that in some cases there were Youth Intake players who were given a high influence rating, but who's perceived PA was actually very low.

2 examples of this were YP3m and YP3o.

After I mentioned this before, I also looked at it in my save and there seemed to be some sort of a link between PA and influence for players at this level. There was even a page which showed me why a player was as influential as he was and it gave reasons. The only reason that I could see for a Day 1 Youth Intake player to have a high influence would have been PA, (or perceived PA to be more accurate), and I wonder if these are examples of either the Ass Man being wrong is his PA rating of the players, or something else thing else that makes them seem better than they might otherwise appear. (Personality or CA or PPM's for example).

Do you fancy putting it back on so we can keep looking please, (and I think I'm going to try and do the same from my end).

Loving the intakes by the way. :applause:

I'll add it back, I didn't take it off of the screen, it just wasn't on the screenshot.

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

56 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

:eek:

That is just ridiculous! :applause:I'm so jelous. :lol:

22 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

With this one I would have to assume it is the £525k + as the £18k x 40 games is £720k + the £180k gives £900k in additionals.  Near enough £1.5m when all games are played plus whatever comes from the profit of the sale.   

What I am not clear on though is where the profit starts from?  As it was a free transfer, with compensation, does that mean anything from £1 and up gains profit or does the profit start from the £525k compensation?

In terms of Erllymax, I would not object to that transfer happening too much as it is not too bad a deal, but I have had deals accepted with £40-50k offers for amazing PA prospects of 140+ (I am using the IGE to test a few things) with good CA as well that allows them to go into my first 11 straight away. 

Right I have no idea with the money side of things but we are not doing well financially, even with £1.1m made from player sales in the last 18 months. Here's our finances screens.

82921319d59bf7fb42a14c74a6b0cffe.png

52c78591b0b8025c52c59a04fb684665.png

837f3a2d693731efd87c16ef8613655d.png

Somehow we've spent £2.3m on the youth setup this season?!

8 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

2024 Youth Candidates

de6b9e221271322b7a70436aa9a02137.png

No mega stars but we have someone who is a natural MC and someone who's a natural DL, both of which we really needed.

fa7940b153cf71593eb4b5d43db91abd.png

Right, this is what I was talking about. (Thanks by the way).  

Maviael is only (YP8g) so he is only ranked the 8th best player of this intake ranked by PA, (or PPA as it really is). 

So what is it about him in particular that makes him more influential than other supposedly higher PA players?

If you go to the Player - Profile and then Player - Dynamics, what is listed as the reasons for Maviael (YP8g) being influential? It looks something like this?

37d4828ee585f6d2e7781702a1c6a2cd.png

I'm trying to work out if this "influence" is an indicator of something else that we can use and I keep forgetting to look in my own save. 

Archived