Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is the right place to ask about in-game editor. When you freeze players attributes who are under the age of 21, will their height and weight still change or will they be frozen with the rest of the attributes?

On 28/06/2022 at 10:54, FCUtdWill said:

Put them in the same file as each other.

18 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

In the editor load up the real real results file & just change the subs rules & delete the other file

18 hours ago, mikelfc8 said:

Ahh okay. Right, I'll have a go.

Many thanks

I fired up the editor and had a go. It took a bit of head scratching and multiple loads of editor files, but I think I managed it. All done and verified.

Just wanted to say thanks to you two.

18 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

I think it is for steps 1-4 in the pyramid, but I've done it before in older versions. Although upon loading the fm21 editor the layout is a bit different

How have you got your top levels set up in the editor? Are they all uneditable and greyed out? It is possible to edit them but don’t know if it has a knock on effect with other rules.

3 minutes ago, mikelfc8 said:

I fired up the editor and had a go. It took a bit of head scratching and multiple loads of editor files, but I think I managed it. All done and verified.

Just wanted to say thanks to you two.

Brilliant to hear you’ve got it working :) You can’t have two nation rules from the same country as they’ll clash with each other, always best to keep them as one file.

11 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

How have you got your top levels set up in the editor? Are they all uneditable and greyed out? It is possible to edit them but don’t know if it has a knock on effect with other rules.

I'm using lionel messi's lvl 10 db

Got another quick question. I've managed to create an annoying thing.

After messing about in the editor, whenever I go to load editor data the location points to Program Files and I have to click all the way back through to 'editor data' in FM22 to select the file I want.

Is there any way to get the editor to point straight at 'editor data' again?

EDIT: Ignore the newbie foolishness, sorted now.

Edited by mikelfc8

2 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

I'm using lionel messi's lvl 10 db

Okay, where are you seeing the B teams setting to allow promotion on them? There’s three options blocking them from promotion, two from promotion altogether and the other if they’re two levels above.

3 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Okay, where are you seeing the B teams setting to allow promotion on them? There’s three options blocking them from promotion, two from promotion altogether and the other if they’re two levels above.

I've got every non league & parent competition set like this

Promotion.png

12 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

I've got every non league & parent competition set like this

Promotion.png

Ahh I didn’t think of advanced rules! Isn’t there something similar for the top levels in the EPL/EFL that have the same thing?

8 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

Dunno, I don't want them to get in the EFL though. Just reach the VNL is enough

1444417195_LeagueDataUpdates.fmf 724.1 kB · 1 download

I've just loaded the game up and apart from the EL10 divisions that have reserve teams in them, there's no mention of B teams on the top nine levels getting blocked from promotion to the division in question.

On 30/06/2022 at 16:33, FCUtdWill said:

I've just loaded the game up and apart from the EL10 divisions that have reserve teams in them, there's no mention of B teams on the top nine levels getting blocked from promotion to the division in question.

If you look in the league rules you'll see that it says those reserve teams can't be promoted, That's what I'm trying to get rid of

11 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

If you look in the league rules you'll see that it says those reserve teams can't be promoted, That's what I'm trying to get rid of

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. I’ve had a look at Ivan’s file in basic rules and he’s got B teams can’t be promoted ticked on each competition. So despite him saying B teams can get promoted in the advanced rules, the basic rules might take priority and that’s what gets read by the game to run.

If he blocked specific teams from promotion, all you’d do is remove those.

3 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. I’ve had a look at Ivan’s file in basic rules and he’s got B teams can’t be promoted ticked on each competition. So despite him saying B teams can get promoted in the advanced rules, the basic rules might take priority and that’s what gets read by the game to run.

If he blocked specific teams from promotion, all you’d do is remove those.

So maybe if i switch it back to basic rules and untick the boxes an switch it back it might work

9 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

So maybe if i switch it back to basic rules and untick the boxes an switch it back it might work

In theory yes it might work, but you may lose specific advanced rules during the switch to basic and then back to advanced.

I’ll see if there’s anything in the xml that can be changed without having to switch between the two.

On 05/07/2022 at 23:33, OptimusPrime said:

I’ve not had chance to look in the XML yet, but I’ve had a better idea. Remove all the reserve teams from the clubs they’re part of, and make them as separate clubs. Put in an affiliation between the two and you’ll be able to see them get promoted.

On 08/07/2022 at 13:48, FCUtdWill said:

I’ve not had chance to look in the XML yet, but I’ve had a better idea. Remove all the reserve teams from the clubs they’re part of, and make them as separate clubs. Put in an affiliation between the two and you’ll be able to see them get promoted.

I'll have a look on my day off to see if I've already done that or not

16 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

Then they must be affiliated B teams

If they were affiliated B teams they’d show up as you’re making a stand-alone club.

Reserve teams of Leiston, Needham Market, AFC Sudbury, Kidlington are all created using the reserve teams to create tab whereas Dorking Wanderers are missing from the Southern Combination.

Edited by FCUtdWill

4 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

If they were affiliated B teams they’d show up as you’re making a stand-alone club.

Reserve teams of Leiston, Needham Market, AFC Sudbury, Kidlington are all created using the reserve teams to create tab whereas Dorking Wanderers are missing from the Southern Combination.

I found them, they are newly created affiliated teams. Thing is they are on a different DB, so I'm guessing I might need to remake them on this file for it to work

16 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

I found them, they are newly created affiliated teams. Thing is they are on a different DB, so I'm guessing I might need to remake them on this file for it to work

Yes that’s correct, if they’re on a different file you’ll need to create them again. You can’t run two separate nation rules from the same nation.

I am adding players to Bognor Regis, with a future transfer to Derby County on the 1st July 2022; how can I set the contract up so that they are signed to the Backup status instead of Important Player status?

I am using the pre-Game editor; I do not have the in game editor.

I cannot find the setting in the editor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi yall. Quick editor question. Where can I find and alter the venue for the Champions League final? Have been looking in the advanced competition rules, basic competition info and even stadium... but I cant seem to find it anywhere... Does anybody know how or where to change the venue of the CL final?

RESOLVED

Original post: Hello brain trust.  I'm trying to create two in-nation Champions League-type cups.  I have a domestic top division with a number of subleagues.  The champions of each subleague enter a playoff at the end of the season to determine a national champion.  Easy enough.

I would like those subleague champions to also qualify for a "Champions League" the following season.  In the Nation rules I can setup a cup to include 1 team from each subleague, but I can't choose which position that team finished the previous season at.  I've had success creating this cup and have been perhaps lucky that the correct teams qualified each year.  The tricky part seems to be what follows.

I then want all the non-Champions to be entered into a second cup, the "Challenge League".  I can again pick the number of teams to be entered per subleague, but not which position in the table those teams should be from.  In my testing, I get teams appearing in both the Champions League and Challenge League, since I can't specify year-by-year which subleague position should enter each cup.

Is there a way to accomplish this in the editor within a single nation? Or is the only way to build these subleagues as separate top divisions each in their own nation, and rely on Club Continental rules instead?

Edit: Figured out how to grab the last champions of each subleague using the advanced rules, but still having trouble with the Challenge League populating with clubs also selected for Champions League.

Double edit: I've got it!  In the Advanced Rules I have to select the teams that I want to exclude in the competition, and then Ignore them.  Then I can populate with the remainder of the subleague's teams.

Edited by picketyp

Have been looking for an answer to this all evening and no doubt I have looked right at it several times, but hoping someone can help. I use a kind of 'main' database files, and then for each new team I try out or save I play I'll have small additions or changes specific to the league I will be managing in. I intend to start my next save with more than one of these files loaded at once, but it means that certain changes will contradict changes made in another file. How do I make sure that one file takes precedence over another? When choosing the editor data files at the start of a new save, is there a particular load order?

Thanks so much for anyone who can give me an answer on this!

1 hour ago, sweetcarroll92 said:

Have been looking for an answer to this all evening and no doubt I have looked right at it several times, but hoping someone can help. I use a kind of 'main' database files, and then for each new team I try out or save I play I'll have small additions or changes specific to the league I will be managing in. I intend to start my next save with more than one of these files loaded at once, but it means that certain changes will contradict changes made in another file. How do I make sure that one file takes precedence over another? When choosing the editor data files at the start of a new save, is there a particular load order?

Thanks so much for anyone who can give me an answer on this!

Yes, they're loaded in order from top to bottom, so effectively alphabetical order. If you want a file to take precedence over others then give it a file name that will be lower in the alphabetical order than the other files.

5 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Yes, they're loaded in order from top to bottom, so effectively alphabetical order. If you want a file to take precedence over others then give it a file name that will be lower in the alphabetical order than the other files.

Awesome, I will add a Z to the name of the file just to be sure :) cheers!

On 26/07/2022 at 13:49, Choccy Milk said:

I am Trying to make some transfer updated and am moving players in/out of a league and when i try and launch the database it says the data needs to be tested and verified in the editor to continue.

Please help.

image.png.316a92ded4cd5320af0178defcbf9ddb.png

these files were made for older versions of the database, check if these files are/were made for 22.4 version

1 hour ago, BilbaoBaggins said:

Does anyone know if you can copy a created club (in the pregame editor) from one database to another? 

I'd like to not have to essentially do it from scratch so I was looking for a solution here. Thanks!

I don't think you can move created/edited clubs or players from database to database. It's always better to make separate files or one bigger file with everything.

Does anyone know how to add a wage cap to, say, the Premier League? There's a tutorial from about 2014 on FMBase but it doesn't work anymore, and I've looked through the advanced rules and I'm none the wiser

Hello!

My english is bad. Sorry. I have a request, NOT question about editing.

I still play FM 21 and few players aren't in database. If I send to somebody these names in PM, can send back editor screenshots about these players CA, PA value and mental, technical, physical attributes?

FM19 Question

I've made a league playable however the history section of the league shows league finishes as 2018 but the new seasons show as 2018/19, 2019/20 and below those its 2018. is there a particular reason this is happening?

image.png.8ebe6e4fc8b4ee6e2b125dcecb8a1d02.png

8 hours ago, sh3rvin said:

FM19 Question

I've made a league playable however the history section of the league shows league finishes as 2018 but the new seasons show as 2018/19, 2019/20 and below those its 2018. is there a particular reason this is happening?

image.png.8ebe6e4fc8b4ee6e2b125dcecb8a1d02.png

Not sure about FM19, but usually there are options for both start year and end year when making history records. So for 18/19 you'd put the start year as 2018 and the end year as 2019. If it's a calendar year league, eg. Sweden, they'd both be the same (there are also tick boxes to say it took place in a single year, or across years, although it should work even without them). So I'd guess in that database the history records were set up incorrectly as I believe Iran has always used a cross-year season so should be that version.

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Not sure about FM19, but usually there are options for both start year and end year when making history records. So for 18/19 you'd put the start year as 2018 and the end year as 2019. If it's a calendar year league, eg. Sweden, they'd both be the same (there are also tick boxes to say it took place in a single year, or across years, although it should work even without them). So I'd guess in that database the history records were set up incorrectly as I believe Iran has always used a cross-year season so should be that version.

I checked for this option and it isnt there. I even created a fake league just to see if its something i did the year issue exists still. 

3 hours ago, sh3rvin said:

I checked for this option and it isnt there. I even created a fake league just to see if its something i did the year issue exists still. 

I don't own FM19 so can't check there, looked back at FM20's editor though and while start/end years weren't a thing back then it did still have the tick box at least.20220813093814_1.thumb.jpg.aeeb36a9e3a4286fe6b8c1096fbe0235.jpg

Maybe this issue is why that option was added in FM20.

Is there a way to make youth intakes in a specific country/league/club be completely randomized in terms of nationalities that show up? I am trying to figure out something of a "Futbol utopia" idea where there's no leading nationality in the system but rather teams recruit talent from all across the globe.

I figure I could base every club in a different nation, but that'd still mean some clubs will have some form of advantage if they're based in Brazil vs. Tanzania, I rather want it completely random or as random as possible the editor allows.

22 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I don't own FM19 so can't check there, looked back at FM20's editor though and while start/end years weren't a thing back then it did still have the tick box at least.20220813093814_1.thumb.jpg.aeeb36a9e3a4286fe6b8c1096fbe0235.jpg

i think you are right, as these dont appear in fm19 after seeing your reply

image.png.dfabd1e348dfd307ee762e05000215d3.png

On 13/08/2022 at 01:40, rusty217 said:

well i made the decision to buy fm21 instead, imported my fm19 fmfs into it. thanks for your help with this.

8 hours ago, sh3rvin said:

FM21 Question

So I noticed that my lower leagues show this information and requirement

But for some reason, these rules for the premier league dont appear despite being present in the edit file

It might be because they're different rules. Everything you've got under Match Rules is showed in game on the competition Match Rules section. For the other stuff, the Squad Rules, try scrolling down on the competition rules page. In FM22 at least those rules are under the Transfer Windows & Squad Registration's Squad Registration section on the competition's rules page.

The match rules apply to individual matches and won't even let you start a match if you don't meet those rules (FYI 6 home grown players from the club may be pretty difficult for the AI to make competitive teams with). While the squad rules apply to squad registration at the start of the season and during and mid-season transfer windows. They allow more flexibility too since if you can't meet the minimum requirements you can just subtract those players from the maximum allowed to be registered. eg. if you've got a squad limit of 30 with a minimum of 6 home grown players, then rather than forcing you to register 6 home grown players, it would let you register say 24 non-home grown players and have 6 blank spaces instead if needed.