FM18 Youth Academy Challenge

Dulwich Hamlet 2019/20 Season 2

582637a16faea_DulwichHamletBadge.png.5f7

League Its my first england save, and my first "no transfer allowed" save, i was a bit in the dark about the second season.  I was hoping to avoid relegation. Our odds were really bad and my first squad was composed by only 16 players. I had some issues with injuries in the first part of the season despite the turn over. Hopefully, the youngsters did the job. Overall a nice season with several records

-Team: Best attack with 109 goals 

-Player: best average rating, 19 assists

I won the first semi-final against Tranmere after overtime, and lost the final at Wembley against Gateshead in front of 30.000 people. I beat them twice in the regular season.

With the same amount of points, i would have been winning the league the previous season. In a way, its unlucky. In the other hand, my team is still really weak. I dont mind spend an other year at this level to let the youngs grow up.

FA Cup was not a priority. I lost my first game.

FA Trophy I had interest in it this season, unfortunately lost my first game. Again my bench was short, and the rhythm in the first part of the season dont allow to disperse.

Transfer Nothing there

Squad In the first team, only 1 change. My strongest regen from the first season improved a lot and became a key player. He is signed for 2 more years, but hes not interested in extending his contract. 

Finances I am really surprised by how much money i win with gate receipts and match day income. It represents  80-85% of my total income. Won an extra 200k with the play off. Few days after the screen, the board choosed to build a new stadium over a year. Now, the club has a 2,5m debt.

Youth Intake A nice year, with a 15yo serbian who became as soon as he appeared, the best player in the club.

I was finally able to have an affiliate who accepts to share his training center with me. Thats helps a lot!

Again, next season i dont really know what to expect. Several young players are gonna be good enough for the first team, i hope it will push the team to the top.

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists         |    Top rating           | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |  VNLS     |  1   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Allassani (42)       |  Clunis (16)         |    Allassani (7.63)     | 
2019/20 |  VNL      |  3   | 4th qual|  1st round  |     n/a     |    Mooney (33)          |  Boakye (19)         |    Allassani (7.68)     | Lost Playoff final

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |   €16k    |  Excellent   |   Established     |  Basic         |  Basic          |  3000 => 4000 planned
2019/20 |   €417k   |  Exceptionnal|   Extensive       |  Adequate      |  Basic          |  4000 => new stadium next year! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never used Youth Only, so this may well be a short lived experiment - Currently loading England ....  as better the devil you know .... and will hopefully get a local team promoted into the National League North.

I've been doing the '70 Trophy Classeen' challenge for 10 seasons, so hopefully will get 10 seasons of this challenge to give me a try at something different - then probably alternate the two challenges in blocks of 10 seasons....

Belfort.png.dfa93ca0dfaf4e70b52329c3b7d8173b.png

ASM Belfort youth challenge

Season 7 – 2025/26– Ligue 1

TLDR: 1 point off the CL places, and in the last 32 of the Europa league

League: For most of the season, our form was distinctly mid-table. But a late run of form propelled us into the European places, and we only missed out on CL qualification by 1 point on the last day, finishing 5th. Interestingly, PSG are not very dominant, only finishing 3rd this season, even though the top 3 look hard to catch.

Cups: Very early exits to strong teams

Europe: Played reserves right through the group stage and was unlucky to finish runners up behind Spartak Moscow. Eliminated on penalties by Inter in the first KO round.

Star players: A changing of the guard this season, with the strong youth intakes of the last few years coming through and starting to dominate the line up. The undoubted star was wide forward Rudy Berard-Alves 24b (ST/AMR), who hit 31 goals and assisted 23 in 36(4) apps. Antoine Martins (ST/AML) is still going strong with 27 goals in 27(5) apps. Alban Morales 22a (MC) has finally committed his future to the club, and is our best midfielder. Telmo Silva 21g (DLC) has been the best defender due to his nice attribute spread, even though he has the lowest star rating of my back three.

Youth watch: Sylvain Daval 24a (ST/AMLC) had an indifferent start to the season, but was instrumental in the late surge up the league. Untagged Alain Pierrat (DRC) came into the team over the last 10 games when Silva got injured, and was our best defender during that time.

I have a bit of a surfeit of strikers, so am trying to retrain David Zagnon 25a (ST/AMLC) as a center mid, and Jean Meunier 25b (D/WB/AML) into a wing back. Zagnon has done very well in midfield, but Meunier hasn’t done well at the back; hopefully he’ll push on a bit next season.

Youth intake | Ayoub El Azhari 26a | Jimmy Petit 26b | Gerard Benoit 26c | Aurelien Joly 26d Another good intake with four 5* prospects, although the position spread is again quite striker/winger heavy, so I’ll try to train Petit as a right wing back, and retrain a few other youths to play further back, Guardiola style (I hope!).

Transfers: No notable exits

Facilities: The bug where the build gets delayed by one year hit again, so I couldn’t upgrade anything, even though I’m swimming in cash

Next season’s aim: Push for CL qualification

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists          |    Top rating           | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 |  National |  4   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Guirassy (24)        |  Honore (18)          |    Guirassy (7.6)       |  1 point off the play-offs
2020/21 |  National |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  David (13)           |    David (7.6)          |  Promotion!
2021/22 |  Ligue 2  |  8   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    David (24)           |  David (15)           |    David (7.6)          |  2 points off the play-offs
2022/23 |  Ligue 2  |  4   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Aguene (24)          |  Guirassy (18)        |    Aguene (7.7)         |  Lost in playoffs R1
2023/24 |  Ligue 2  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  Martins (14)         |    David (7.4)          |  Promotion!
2024/25 |  Ligue 1  |  7   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (36)          |  Martins (17)         |    Valade (7.4)         |  Euro cup qualification
2025/26 |  Ligue 1  |  5   |   R9    |   n/a       |    1st KO   | Berard-Alves 24b (31)   | Berard-Alves 24b (23) |    Martins (7.8)        |  1 point off CL

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 |   £450k   |  Average     |  Fairly Basic     |  Basic         |  Poor           |  5500
2020/21 |   £45k    |  Adequte     |  Average          |  Below average |  Basic          |  5500
2021/22 |   £1.2m   |  Good        |  Above Average    |  Adequate      |  Basic          |  5500
2022/23 |   £300k   |  Good        |  Established      |  Average       |  Basic          |  5500
2023/24 |   £160k   |  Good        |  Well Established |  Good          |  Below Average  |  5500
2024/25 |   £9.6m   |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2025/26 |   £24m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500

I know I've said that I wouldn't do it again, but there's something like a magnet pulling me to the challenge. After failing in Ukraine (Dnipr) and Greece (Ethnikos) I have narrowed it down to one of the three big countries in this order of preferences:  1. France (could be easier to get out of the bottom league, fewer places in Champions League at the moment and the PSG monster),  2. Italy (I had previously failed there, nightmare to get out of LigaPro) and 3. Spain (also nightmare to get out of SegundaB, pretty impossible to get the title from Barca and Real), Will start the reloading this evening. 

Any suggestions?

Season 14 with Torpedo Moscow complete

Squad

League

Transfers

Finances

Youth Intake

Klimov
Kalinin
Sarkisov
Semenov
Iljin
Chudin
Georgievskiy

Season    League               Position    Russian Cup      Achievements/Notes               Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Wtoroj Diwizion      8th         5th round        Stayed up                        Kosyanchuk  (33) 
2019/20   Wtoroj Diwizion      5th         Qtr Final        Only 4 points from promotion     Kosyanchuk  (31)
2020/21   Wtoroj Diwizion      13th        5th round        Bit of a step back               Kosyanchuk  (21)
2021/22   Wtoroj Diwizion      3rd         4th round        Lost in play offs                Yeliseev    (28)
2022/23   Wtoroj Diwizion      9th         4th Round        Another step back                Kosyanchuk  (26)
2023/24   Wtoroj Diwizion      11th        4th Round        Another step back                Kosyanchuk  (15)
2024/25   Wtoroj Diwizion      13th        4th Round        Still going backwards            Kosyanchuk  (14)
2025/26   Wtoroj Diwizion      9th         4th Round        Abit of movement upwards         Panfilov 4E (23)
2026/27   Wtoroj Diwizion      2nd         4th Round        Finally promoted!                Panfilov 4E (29)
2027/28   Priemjer-Liga        16th        5th Round        2 wins all season                Panfilov 4E (13)
2028/29   Wtoroj Diwizion      14th        6th Round        Not sure how im still in charge  Panfilov 4E (15)
2029/30   Wtoroj Diwizion      6th         5th Round        Bit of an improvement            Kuznetsov 9C(24)
2030/31   Wtoroj Diwizion      4th         4th Round        Promoted via the play offs       Panfilov 4E (33)
2031/32   Priemjer-Liga        13th        6th Round        Stayed up this time round        Panfilov 4E (17)

Image result

Season 6 - 2023/24

League - What a way to bounce back from relegation. We walked the league thanks to a huge improvement defensively and stayed in 1st the whole time after match #12. A big part of this season was also thanks to our stand out youth player from last year Wayne Clarke 23B who set the new league record of average rating of 7.77(Previously help by our player Matt Hall 19C in 2020 with 7.58). This saw him grab the National League North Player of the Season

FA Cup - Unfortunately our great League performances were not emulated in the FA Cup and saw us drop out the earliest ever in the challenge in the 3rd Qualifying Round 

FA Trophy - Knocked out by VNL side Hartlepool in the First Round

Transfers - Some loans and 2 players leaving on frees. Didn't really rate Iwan Thomas but with Brighton scooping him up from us makes me wonder and will keep an eye on his progress.

Finances - Not good, board had to help with injections 

Youth Intake - Didn't get as spoiled as last year buy still solid and Rowlands already in the rotation.

Sean Rowlands 24A - Fast and can finish already. Only downside I see is he is one footed, but at this level he is great.

Career Update:

League Position FA Cup Training Facilities Youth Level Youth Facilities Junior Coaching Youth Recruitment Achievements/Notes Top Scorer
N/A N/A N/A Poor 0 Poor Average Basic N/A N/A
VNN 8th 4th Qualifying Round Poor 0 Poor Adequate Fairly basic Won MOTY Fleetwood/Richards (15)
VNN 10th 4th Qualifying Round Poor 0 Poor Good Average None Smith 19B (33)
VNN 1st 4th Qualifying Round Poor 0 Poor Good Average Champions and numerous records and awards Brown 19E (32)
VNL 16th 1st Round Poor 0 Poor Exceptional Above Average Survived Hall 19C (30)
VNL 21st 2nd Round Poor 0 Poor Exceptional Above Average Relegated Hall 19C (24)
VNN 1st 3rd Qualifying Round Poor 0 Poor Exceptional Above Average Champions Smith 19B (26)

2022/2023

Haverfordwest County

It's the end of august, We are playing the second leg of the 4th round for the europa league. After a dissapointing 1st Qual. leg that ended on 3 -2.

33ad06fa7da31b138e15a4d15ad7db74.png

We found ourselves with a 3 - 0 advantege from the home game. 

36cc26a4aa4974b70b59b856b562cebb.jpg

Our star midfielder came from behind and scored the first goal that would seal our pass to the europa league group stage.

c7b10828098bf837c837074eb75b29e3-jpg.jpg

This is the first time we arrived here and we are happy that we will be able to play vs better opponents now.

ea9bf7c1128f7087de7ac627b5a935ca.png

It also came with a sexy bonus.

ea85b9289259ad29579dadc9443235b5.png

Which now has enable us to go Pro next season 

92f11262133e8e4e236ca2b55fa8fb96.png

We also requested the upgrade of facilities

83b275ec65cd3adfeb52c5a5729d79be.png

Here is our Europa League Group

b17779fd42aeebe1546ef8a3937f7c7a.png

756ca6ab8d1632781b26c770ae204923.png

We have won the league 3 times and 2 Welsh cups.

39eacf560c6012f3d63e3ee1807d3550.png

We have great finances after getting to the group stages

660bb18d86525e30565fc3a1d617b3cf.png

This is my team at the moment, only 1 of the initial players are still here. The others are from the 5 batches so far.

239aa2def99f55aaa543351f4771aaaa.png

dbd850a1552cd51a6e280f65df7e016a.png

Top three players: (proud of them)

12403754e5970e5971698fc4f1b2ca8c.pnga8c6ab33d8872b71acd290d9f34c4950.png161d048847820aa2bfd54ddc875ef5dd.png

And Me:

a67e323828189435233846c48c24817e.png

Dulwich Hamlet Reset !

After a first save with good results, i have a better understanding about how play this kind of challenge. I am going to restart a save with the same club and the same coach (4tactic and discipline, rest at 1)

To everyone thinking about starting this kind of challenge: your main income will be link to your supporters. If you have a lot of them, you will be rich. Otherwise, you will suffer!

Also i just discovered they added a rating system for the staff. I played several hundred hours using a calculator to find the best fit lol. 

Squad: Stronger than in the first save. Mainly because the best midfield didnt left the club. Thanks to that, i can play with 3 midfield if i want to. Also, a really nice suprise come from the 2018 regens. A promising winger and midfield, both 16yo.

Objectives: This time, i will try to focus more the cups. My squad is larger and i didn't know on my first save that the english fa trophy was without the best english teams. It seems also a good way to win money.

Odds place us 5th, i will aim the promotion. Overall, my main focus will be to turn pro asap.

Facilities

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists         |    Top rating           | Notes
2017/18 |           | n/a  |  n/a    |     n/a     |     n/a     |     n/a                 |    n/a               |   n/a                   | 
2018/19 |  VNLS     |      |         |             |     n/a     |                         |                      |                         | 

2017/18 |   €35k    |  Average     |  Fairly Basic     | Basic          | Basic           |  3000
2018/19 |           |              |                   |                |                 |  

Congrats QSF25, i have played several season in wales. I realize how hard it is to go into euro groups! You have several 5 stars players, there are no bigger clubs trying to get them?

8 hours ago, janesy20 said:

Did not realise that you didn't get compensation for young players in the German leagues :( Just lost my best young regen to RB Leipzig for nothing!

Tough luck! Is it all young players or does that change when they reach a certain age, for example?

Ards Rangers

football_39535.png

Season 6 - 2023/24

Champions of Northern Ireland!

Still no transfers.

League (Results 1 | Results 2 | Cups) - Champions! What a feat. We started the season reasonably, but going into winter instead of hitting the usual bad patch, we picked up momentum and lost only a few games for the rest of the season, winning most of them leaving us in second place with three points to first place (33 of 38 games played).

Our good form and dressing room atmosphere meant that going into the Championship Playoff, we started by winning the first three games. Pole position for the league title with a three points gap to second and a four points gap to third placed plus slightly better goal difference than second placed Crusaders and much better than third placed Linfield and two games to go.

In rather bizarre fashion, our next game was first delayed due to a waterlogged pitch. This meant, that I could watch Crusaders loose their game and Linfield draw, leaving me with a three points gap, better goal difference and only one game left to play for my competitors. Talk about a lucky hand. Secondly, in our delayed match against Cliftonville we played well, produced chances and were even rewarded a penalty. My all time top scorer decided to miss this, followed by two goals on penalties to Cliftonville and a clear, but undeserved defeat.

The last game against Linfield was also lost, but since Crusaders did not find a record win, we were crowned champions with the same points tally as Linfield in second place.

Team - Stand out players in terms of performance and development are: Ross OwensJarlath Hamilton and David Kane. Moreover, my two long serving top scorers Warren Pinkerton and Tony Tumelty both decided to retire. I have asked Pinkerton to reconsider, as he scored twelve league goals this season. It will be interesting to see how we will manage without potentially both.

Facilities - In a moment of madness and giddiness following our unlikely title win, our steely and unwavering chairman first approved upgrading our Youth Recruitment followed by more champagne and an approval of an upgrade to our Junior Coaching.

This is vital for our continued competitiveness in the Danske Bank Premiership and all I have been anxiously waiting for since the start of this challenge. Fantastic. This gives us a good quality of players going forward. Our finances are still not good, but hopefully I can get further upgrades with some money from the Champions League. An upgrade to our training facilities would be beneficial.  

Youth Intake - again a very decent 'Golden Generation'. Especially Darren Riddle looks promosing. I cannot wait till next year with improved, upgraded intake:)

Short term goal for next season - Get a positive balance from european participation and improve facilities further to strengthen the quality of regens and our position in the Danske Bank Premiership. Basically I am a lot calmer after the Intake upgrades, since I can now in the long run assume to be more competitive and have a better base regardless of one or two bad seasons. This bodes well for the continued challenge.

2018-04-10_195124.png

CCyOeUM.png

Asteras Amaliadas FC / Α.Ο. Αστέρας Αμαλιάδας

Season 2 - 2019/20

Profile / Transfers

League: a bit disappointing to be honest. Compared to last season we were below expectations.  We had a good start and at the first games we were fighting for the promotion spots, but in the middle of the season we were inconsistent - only 6 points in 11 matches from November to February. We secured our place in second division on the last game and we played only with under-18 on the last match. Result: lost 13-1! (fixtures)

Cup: once again didn't give much attention to this competition. This time we managed to get one win in the group stage against a team from our division, finishing 3rd.

Key playersMatthaios Maroukakis was once again our top goalscorer, this time only with 9 goals. Our star from last season Giorgos Bountopoulos was a bit under expected, finishing the season with an average rating of 6.83. With 7.19avg rating Diego Torres was our best player this season.

Youth intake:  19/20 brought us the golden generation of Asteras. Some good prospects to keep an eye on, with Thanasis Tzimas and David Hunter being the starts.

Our facilities didn't get upgraded during this season due to the lack of funds. Next season I'm hoping we can stay in the top half of the league. We have a few youth prospect I wanna start putting in the first team, however, the last game of the season makes me think if they will be able to compete at this level...

History:

Season League Position Cup Top scorer Top rating Notes Corporate facilities Training facilities Youth facilities Junior coaching Youth recruitment Stadium Average attendance
2017/18 Gamma Ethniki ? - - - AI Controlled Adequate Basic Basic Fairly basic Basic 3000 (400) -
2018/19 Stoiximan.gr Football League 5th 1st Round Matthaios Maroukakis (13) Giorgos Bountopoulos (7,38) Manager of the year Adequate Basic Basic Average Fairly basic 3000 (400) 368
2019/20 Stoiximan.gr Football League 11th 1st Round Matthaios Maroukakis (9) Diego Torres (7,19) - Adequate Basic Basic Adequate Average 3000 (400) 366

Image result

Season 7 - 2024/25

League - Back in the Vanarama National League after being promoted back as champions we had a decent mid table finish in 13th place. We were close to the play off spots until the final 10 games or so we had a major drop off and completely forgot how to defend. We also lost our best player Wayne Clarke 24B to Everton for pennies... He refused to sign a contract the whole time at the club so I knew this was coming and only got $18.25k in compensation. Hopefully he gets sold for some good money as I do get 15%. Goals for next season is push for promotion but if we can't figure out how to defend(mostly balls over the top) we will struggle in doing this.

FA Cup - We lost out to Welsh rivals Newport County in a 2nd Round replay. This hurts because they are rivals and we had them in both games and blew it. We conceded a 93rd minute equalizer in the first game, in the second we blew a 2 goal lead and ultimately lost out 5-6.

FA Trophy - Made it to the fourth round before losing to league winners Exeter in extra time.

Transfers - Loans and Wayne Clarke :(

Finances - Non-league money...

Youth Intake - Saw as add 6 players from this group with 2 key positions

Dane Facey 25A - Needed an attacking midfield to fill the hole left by Wayne Clarke. He has a great personality and mentals.

Sean Clarke 25B - Needed a GK with potential and we finally got one. After the play offs got out of reach I threw the poor kid in the deep end and it wasn't pretty...but we got him valuable playing time and hope he will fill out his potential.

Career Update:

Season League Position FA Cup Training Facilities Youth Level Youth Facilities Junior Coaching Youth Recruitment Achievements/Notes Top Scorer
2017/18 N/A N/A N/A Poor 0 Poor Average Basic N/A N/A
2018/19 VNN 8th 4th Qualifying Round Poor 0 Poor Adequate Fairly basic Won MOTY Fleetwood/Richards (15)
2019/20 VNN 10th 4th Qualifying Round Poor 0 Poor Good Average None Smith 19B (33)
2020/21 VNN 1st 4th Qualifying Round Poor 0 Poor Good Average Champions, records & rewards! Brown 19E (32)
2021/22 VNL 16th 1st Round Poor 0 Poor Exceptional Above Average Survived Hall 19C (30)
2022/23 VNL 21st 2nd Round Poor 0 Poor Exceptional Above Average Relegated Hall 19C (24)
2023/24 VNN 1st 3rd Qualifying Round Poor 0 Poor Exceptional Above Average Champions Smith 19B (26)
2024/25 VNL 13th 2nd Round Poor 0 Poor Exceptional Established None Rowlands 24A (27)

@Boyd The Beast: Thanks! Good luck to you too in the National League. Your regens look impressive, and with your recruitment and coaching you should be good in the years to come.

A general question: In the end of last season I upgraded my Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment. From all the money from Champions League, I have started upgrading my Youth and Training Facilities in the beginning of the season.

Now, some months later (november) there are still no options to request upgrades to Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment. I would like to take advantage of the money currently available and improve these things as much as possible as soon as possible.

Are intake upgrades limited to once pr. season (or year) or blocked by my ongoing facility upgrades? I seem to remember other saves, where I succesfully upgraded intake at least two times during a season.
I have read somewhere, that it also depends on the stature of the club etc.

Thanks.

Dulwich Hamlet Season 1 2018/19!

In my first save, every year my team had a massive drop in results around january. I read somewhere it was coming from letting the assistant manager handling the trainings. For the first time in many year, this challenge pushed me to manage myself general and individual training. This time i didnt had this form drop, even if my 2019 results were not as good as in 2018. Opponent squads became stronger. Despite overall good results, im not satisfied with how my players improved. Most of the guides or videos are for professionnal teams, i'm not sure if their recommandations work that well for semi-pro and amateur teams. Next year, i will set general training at balanced with average intensity, and let the individual training to my assistant. I'm curious to see how it will impact my team form during the season, and if my players have a better progression. 

VNLS I was able to maintain my 1st place after the tenth game. 

Cups 5 away games. It made me mad, and i choosed to focus the VNLS to achieve my main objective.

Squad I'm lacking good players in defense. This will probably be a problem next season. 

Transfer Nothing there. I let go 2 players. 1 of them had 15 det, and despite he was half a star, he did tutor with sucess 2 youngsters. So im a bit sad he choosed to leave. Unfortunately, i was only able to make him play only 90 minutes this season.

Facilities I pushed training and youth facilities 2 times during the season, and 1 more time in june. I will ask the desk a junior affiliate that share training facilities ASAP.

Youth 2019: Average year. A good GK and winger. Unfortunately, this is an exclusive left foot who is right winger...WTF

Next season, i will try to reach play off. I hope to reach league 2 in 2-3 years.

2017/18 |  VNLS     |  n/a |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    n/a                  |    n/a               |   n/a                   | 
2018/19 |  VNLS     |  1   |   1st r |   3th q     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (30)      |    Koroma (12)       |   Koroma (7,68)         | Happy with the VNLS win

2017/18 |   €35k    |  Average     |  Fairly Basic     | Basic          | Basic           |  3000
2018/19 |   €179k   |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Basic          | Basic           |  3000 => 4000

@andershs From my dulwich hamlet saves, its once every 3 months. It depends on your finances, and indeed your reputation. Usually, ask it when you have several good resultats in a row. I had no issue to push youth coaching and recruitment to the the max in my first save, despite i was playing in VNL.

From my experience, facilities upgrade are doable once a year.

2024/2025

Haverfordwest County

We have won the league again and the welsh cup. 

We have reached champions league group stage!

We drew United, PSG and Shakhtar... fml

3697872bc247dd29d7eb0f2c502c435b.png

We got money!

bc550adc7665dfb48a904e4d08af58e7.png

My current squad

29e1d857abdcc9446ea9b07b75707274.png

Facilities

a40ca9dee48857bef76ae96ded7a16f8.png

Honours

d9810129973e7ef0491a1225f179cb48.png\

Top three players

6968dd97e66e0afb49c9eed891f52f56.png651e2eeec2afa791817c72c6e600a93c.png

0ccd8917441caffff558b64a5253f8b2.png

Me:

4e332cca15f8cb7ec24f50f080f02ee1.png

Belfort.png.57bdd93a15a67be653e4862c3746bfce.png

Season 8 – 2026/27– Ligue 1

TLDR: Won the league!

League: Amazing, we went ahead and won the whole thing :D We started shakily, but hit a rich vein on form mid October, eventually climbing up into the CL spots. The good form continued, and before we knew it we were fighting it out at the top with PSG and Marseille. I expected us to tail off but we just kept on going, and a crucial 2-1 win away at PSG in mid-April put us 3 points + goal difference clear. We had a late blip in form but managed to hold on, thrashing Monaco 5-0 on the last day of the season to seal the title by 1 point.

Cups: Won the league cup, destroying PSG in the final, but was out of the French cup early.

Europe: Got to the quarter finals of the EURO cup quite easily, and won the QF first leg 3-1 away at Krasnodar. But playing reserves in the home leg backfired, and we went out 3-5 on the night, and on away goals on aggregate.

Star players: The star striker trio have had an incredible season. Sylvain Daval 24a (ST/AMLC) the best of the bunch with his 40 goals, Axel Dubreuil (AMR/ST) the assist king with 28, showing what an untagged player can do, and Rudy Berard-Alves 24b (ST/AMR) with a comparatively modest 24 goal return. Further down the spine of the team, David Zagnon 25a (ST/AM/MC) is turning out into a pretty decent midfielder, and Alain Pierrat (DRC) continues with amazing performances at center back (7.5 avg rating in my rather attacking set-up).

Youth watch: Jean Meunier 25b (D/WB/AML) seems to be the best of the bunch ability-wise, but his attribute split is still not ideal for a full back, plus I noticed that he’s right footed, so am trying to retrain him at right back. Nassim Boumechra 25h (MC) is starting to break through in midfield, and Bedi Hartock 25c (GK) is looking rather promising in goal.

Squad: Quite top-heavy in terms of talent, but I’m trying to retrain the more attacking players into center mids and wing backs, and there seems to be some good potential coming through at center back.

Youth intake | Said Kherbache 27a (DL) | Jocelyn Meunier 27b (AML/ST) Well, every intake before this one was a "golden generation", but here "no player stands out". Overall, fewer stars and personalities aren't great, but at least the top prospect is a left back.

Transfers: Shifting a few older players who have stagnated

Facilities: Some kind of bug means my facility upgrades are delayed again, and I can’t upgrade recruitment

Next season’s aim: Have a go at the CL

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists          |    Top rating           | Notes
2019/20 |  National |  4   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Guirassy (24)        |  Honore (18)          |    Guirassy (7.6)       |  1 point off the play-offs
2020/21 |  National |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  David (13)           |    David (7.6)          |  Promotion!
2021/22 |  Ligue 2  |  8   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    David (24)           |  David (15)           |    David (7.6)          |  2 points off the play-offs
2022/23 |  Ligue 2  |  4   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Aguene (24)          |  Guirassy (18)        |    Aguene (7.7)         |  Lost in playoffs R1
2023/24 |  Ligue 2  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  Martins (14)         |    David (7.4)          |  Promotion!
2024/25 |  Ligue 1  |  7   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (36)          |  Martins (17)         |    Valade (7.4)         |  Euro cup qualification
2025/26 |  Ligue 1  |  5   |   R9    |   n/a       |    1st KO   | Berard-Alves 24b (31)   | Berard-Alves 24b (23) |    Martins (7.8)        |  1 point off CL
2026/27 |  Ligue 1  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |    QF       |    Daval 24a (40)       |  Dubreuil (28)        |   Daval 24a (8.00)      |  League and league cup double

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
2019/20 |   £450k   |  Average     |  Fairly Basic     |  Basic         |  Poor           |  5500
2020/21 |   £45k    |  Adequte     |  Average          |  Below average |  Basic          |  5500
2021/22 |   £1.2m   |  Good        |  Above Average    |  Adequate      |  Basic          |  5500
2022/23 |   £300k   |  Good        |  Established      |  Average       |  Basic          |  5500
2023/24 |   £160k   |  Good        |  Well Established |  Good          |  Below Average  |  5500
2024/25 |   £9.6m   |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2025/26 |   £24m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2026/27 |   £39m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500

Dulwich Hamlet Season 2 2019/2020 !

A great season overall. Good improvements, regens, performances and professional status !

This season, i let the training on general and i managed the individual trainings (players were unhappy when my assistant manager handle it). Im really happy with the results.  I saw some way better improvements against my first save. 

VNL: I reach my objective with a 6th place, thanks to a good start. The last games were complicated with only 9 points over 12 games. Once in play off, i didnt expect much. I usually have poor results against the strongest teams of the league. But luckly, i avoided the scariest teams, and the opponent teams were not in great shape. I managed somehow to reach the play off finals against Eastleigh. This team was predicted 10th this year. I felt confident i had a decent shot to move up. Playoff Final Solid performance despite my best striker was not able to play.

Cups: A great run in FA with many home games. A really lucky away win in semi final allowed my to reach the final against Fc Halifax. Unfortunaly, the play off final and the cup final were 72hours away. Given, my first team was tired by the play off games and i felt i had a good shot in the play off final, i sent my b team for the fa final. It feels bad. But i knew my team wasnt able to win both finals, and i would rather get the promotion that lead to the profesionnal statuts than win a minor cup. Also, Halifax had a stronger team than Eastleigh. 

Squad: My team did a great season. Special mention to Faal. At the begining of the season, i planned to keep him as inside forward. But to sign him a new contract, he was very septical and he strongly asked to play as a pocher. I was lacking strikers, so i gave him a try. It work out great. I was worried he wouldnt be able to know what to do with the ball. He proved me i was wrong with 14 player of the match awards and the best average with 7,70 (league records)

Transfer: A loan for a weak but usefull player. He got badly injured (10months) so i will let him go at the end of the season. Release: at the beginning of the season i lost a striker who left the club unhappy with his play time. He was weak but a good finisher. The 3 others are a 33yo player not good enough, with low determination and 2 youngsters from the regens of this season.

Facilities: With the experience from my first save, i knew i shouldnt push more than reasonnable the junior coaching and youth recruitment for financial reasons. I didnt improved it this season. Thanks to my affiliate, i have a better training center now.

Youth 2020: A good year.

2017/18 |  VNLS     |  n/a |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    n/a                  |    n/a               |   n/a                   | 
2018/19 |  VNLS     |  1   |   1st r |   3th q     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (30)      |    Koroma (12)       |   Koroma (7,68)         | Happy with the VNLS win
2019/20 |  VNL      |  6   |   1st r |   Final     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (31)      |    Clunis (14)       |   Faal (7,77)           | Promotion and great year 

2018/19 |   €179k   |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Basic          | Basic           |  3000 => 4000
2019/20 |   €1m     |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Adequate       | Basic           |  4000

Congrats dkouv!

Starting the challenge in Russia with Mordovia. 

Facilities are dire for a newly promoted 2nd division side with fairly basic youth recruitment and junior coaching. The training facilities are poor and the youth training facilities are below average.

However Mordovia has got a 44k all-seater stadium along with top corporate facilities, which should provide a nice incentive to get them to top flight.

See you mid-season!

PS: the league restart date was on the 20th of June.

1200px-Le_Mans_FC_logo_svg.thumb.png.fbf1c78d8b6e5fdfc8129c23b2ccfb5d.png

Le Mans FC - Season 1 - 2018/19

Le Mans is known for it's racing heritage. My goal with this challenge is to overshadow this legendary racing town with the best young football club in the world. Youngsters, start your engines!

My Manager

League Table:

Great first season. I honestly expected us to be fighting hard to relegation, but we managed to stay right around mid-table most of the year. Expecting to be here for a few seasons until some of our promising youngsters get up and going.

Squad:

My strikers and wingers were really the standouts for me this year. One youngster I had from the beginning managed to break into the squad near the end of the season.

Nkosinathi Faissoil (YP00C) - Looks good and had some good games when he started near the end of the campaign!

Transfers:

Nothing of note this year, other than a few players at the beginning I didn't need.

Finances:

Not looking too good, but our prize money for the league position should help. Every place higher you get is an additional 30k.

Youth Intake:

Looks good, ought to have some good youngsters from this group!

Wilfried Thomas (YP01A)

Denis Vincent (YP01B)

Antonin Raimbault (YP01C)

Mathieu Gourdon (YP01D)

Gael Miquel (YP01E)

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists          |    Top rating           | Notes
2018/19 |  National |  7   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Tangatchy (31)       |  Bassock (17)         |    Tangatchy (7.41)     |  5 points off the play-offs

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
2018/19 |   (£415)k |  Adequate    |  Above Average    |  Great         |  Good           |  25,000

Le Mans FC - Season 2 - 2019/20

League Table:

Playoffs and promotion! I honestly was expecting a mirror of last season with practically the same squad, but our up and coming young striker really found us some form late in the season and we managed to just squeak through!

Best Eleven:

No real standouts this year, except for the aforementioned Wilfried Thomas! We were struggling at the beginning, but after an injury he made his way into the side and really found us some great form!

Nkosinathi Faissoil (YP00C) - Has developed well, but just isn't coming through with good performances, despite my many efforts.

Bedi Mareval (YP00A) - Another who has developed to the point where he is "better" than my starters, but getting inferior results.

Transfers:

Nothing this year.

Finances:

Another bad year on this front, we are losing money quickly! Hopefully Ligue 2 will be kinder to us.

Youth Intake:

Looks good, ought to have some good youngsters from this group! Only bad thing is three of the four top regens here are best up top, where I already have some strength.

Arnaud Agnide (YP02A)

Boubakar Traore (YP02B)

Riad Bekkar (YP02C)

Kevin Bonneau (YP02D)

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists          |    Top rating           | Notes
2018/19 |  National |  7   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Tangatchy (31)       |  Bassock (17)         |    Tangatchy (7.41)     |  5 points off the play-offs
2019/20 |  National |  3   |   R8    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Tangatchy (20)       |  Tangatchy (9)        |    Thomas(01a) (7.28)   |  Play-offs and promotion to L2!

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
2018/19 |   (£415)k |  Adequate    |  Above Average    |  Great         |  Good           |  25,000
2019/20 |   (£884)k |  Good        |  Established      |  Great         |  Good           |  25,000

@SpS_Zen @andershs Thanks!

I've hit a bit of a snag in the beginning of next season, in that my facility upgrade got delayed by another year, despite the fact that the new stadium has been built, and I still can't upgrade coaching or recruitment... Also either my reputation, or something else changed, and the tactics need a bit of tweaking; results-wise I'm not exactly flying at the moment. Not sure how long I can continue with this save if the facility upgrade bug keeps recurring; but I'll see how far I make it in the CL first.

@Dibond congrats on promotion, nice to see another French save!

@SpS_Zen @andershs Thanks!

I've hit a bit of a snag in the beginning of next season, in that my facility upgrade got delayed by another year, despite the fact that the new stadium has been built, and I still can't upgrade coaching or recruitment... Also either my reputation, or something else changed, and the tactics need a bit of tweaking; results-wise I'm not exactly flying at the moment. Not sure how long I can continue with this save if the facility upgrade bug keeps recurring; but I'll see how far I make it in the CL first.

@Dibond congrats on promotion, nice to see another French save!

Le Mans FC - Season 3 - 2020/21

League Table:

Such a great season, started off really struggling to find wins. But once our youth started to get revved up we really started finding some more late season form. Crucial wins against the teams I came up with and a lot of surprise results against teams we had no business beating. Not much else to speak about though, no cup runs of note.

Best Eleven:

Our youth really started making an impact for us this year. They are doing a great job for us in the midfield and up front, but we are really struggling to keep goals out. If we can get one or two good youth going at the back, I feel like we will click into Ligue 1 quickly.

Nkosinathi Faissoil (YP00C) - Really starting to look good, but more meh results from him on the field. Had a long term injury near the end of the season, and he is getting constant bids from L1 teams. Going to either lose him this window to a bid or keep him and lose him on a free.

Bedi Mareval (YP00A) - Really stepped up his game this year, and has also been receiving bids. Another who I will likely lose on a free next summer.

Denis Vincent (YP01B) - A new face who was great for us in midfield as soon as he slotted in.

Wilfried Thomas (YP01A) - Won everything there was to win (except for any trophies) on a personal level. Multiple player of the months, player of the year, top goalscorer of the year, top assist man of the year. Has interest from PSG and all the top clubs in France, and he refuses to sign a new contract. Bar a huge bid, I intend to use him next season in the hopes that he helps me make the jump up to L1, even though I know I will likely lose him on a free.

Transfers:

Just one leaving on a free, nothing to note. Next year will have a lot more activity I imagine with youth leaving. :(

Finances:

Great year for the finances. The TV deal from L2 really gave us a huge boost. We were able to continue to improve our coaching and recruitment, and we were even able to start construction on a new youth training ground.

Youth Intake:

Dubbed a golden generation, as they all are, but this truly looks like one. Some much needed help on the back line finally arrives.

Dembo Jeannin (YP03A)

Logan Le Moal (YP03B)

Karim Charrier (YP03C)

Thomas Denis (YP03D)

Jean-Luc Munier (YP03E)

2019/20 |  National |  3   |   R8    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Tangatchy (20)       |  Tangatchy (9)        |    Thomas(01a) (7.28)   |  Play-offs and promotion to L2!
2020/21 |  Ligue 2  |  7   |   R8    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Thomas (01a) (31)    |  Thomas (01a) (25)    |    Thomas(01a) (7.67)   |  4 points off the play-offs

2019/20 |   (£884)k |  Good        |  Established      |  Great         |  Good           |  25,000
2020/21 |   £1.6m   |  Exceptional |  Well Established |  Great         |  Good           |  25,000

I found something interesting in game probably best feeder club in the game (might give some fun). When I check some clubs in Denmark I found that AaB has feeder club called 4SA (Uganda amature club) and every season they got a great players from that country LoL. Anyone tried get that feeder club in the game?:d I checked every my save in game and allways they generate great player from that country lul

Ards Rangers

football_39535.png

Season 7 - 2024/25

Champions once again and still no transfers.

League (Results 1 | Results 2 | Cups | Europe) - Champions again. This time a little less convincing than last year due to the fact that Ballymena United really challenged us. A record of 17 draws in the season and some disciplinary problems just shows, that we didn't spoil our fans with free-flowing football during the season. It was nailbiting stuff, but in the end we were champions despite a loss in the last league game. Wonderful. But we are by no means at a point where our general quality of players will ensure that we just cruise through the league. We could very well next year end mid-table. We are overperforming big time.

In europe, we reached the 2nd Qualifying round of the Champions League and afterwards the 4th Qualifying round of the UEFA Cup. This was more than we could expect, and saw our income rise significantly meaning we started the season with a plus of £750.000.

Our two championships and our european adventure meant we leapt up the European Club Coefficients list lingering just below the mighty La Fiorita of San Marino, Diósgyőr of Hungary and Slutsk of Belarus. Better than before, at least. :)

Team - Not much has changed. The best thing to be said is that our young players have become a year older and even gotten experience from Europe.

Facilities - Most importantly, at the end of this, the current season, I managed to get further upgrades to the Youth Coaching and Youth Recruitment leaving them on average and fairly basic respectively. Fantastic. Given that we are once again in Europe which yields further income, I need to push this area even further since we are still significantly below our competitors in the Danske Bank Premiership.

The finances are solid because of our european adventure. And this is even after a relayed pitch, upgrades to training and youth facilities (which will take 1,5 seasons to complete?!) and two upgrades to intake facilities. With another european endeavour waiting they will be more than fine for next couple of seasons.

Youth Intake - Another golden generation, but our first intake upgrades from last season are hard to notice. But at least as good as previous years, and Lee Murray and Ian McIntyre are looking promising and could form a solid defense in the years to come.

Long term goals: Develop club and players to be a natural part of the top in the Danske Bank Premiership.

S7.png

Mordovia Saransk - Season 2 review

150px-FC_Mordovia_Saransk.png

After winning promotion in the first season with a 2nd place, just behind Spartak Moscow M-2, we were in for a beating against the Russian big boys. Very much like the first season, we struggled a bit during winter until the break, when we changed our tactical approach and turned things around. This time we barely made it with the relegation playoff but we came victorious in the end.

We went from being destroyed from every team in the division to becoming very difficult for any opponent to face. We gave up our approach of playing it tidy and simple to instead make use of our little strengths and thus, employing a high tempo, long ball football. Relying on our strength and resilience.

Finally, at our second season, we got a couple academy products into our first team. With the majority of our best players retiring due to old age, next season will be just as challenging, being forced to rely on 15 and 16 year olds. Our brightest talent has to be Vasiljev. Our Attacking center midfielder. He is still only 15 but jumped straight into the first team due to our main AMCs being 33 and older. He still has a long way to go, especially in the game intelligence department but no doubt he will be part of my plans next season. Umaev is the most promising striker but still not ready to take the starting slot. He is not developing very fast however, next season, we might have to start him due to our best striker Markin leaving. 

Shestakov is another promising attacker, mostly played as a right midfielder. He has good physical prowess which fits our style of play. Kiselev is a CB and got some minutes at the first team already. Still lot of work to do and due to our terrible facilities and the lack of tutors, the progress is not very fast.

Season  |  League      | Pos.  |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists         |    Top rating           | Notes
2018/19 |  FNL         |  2    |   1st r |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Markin (15)          |    Vaganov (13)      |   Lebedev (7,23)        | 
2019/20 |  Prem'erLiga |  13   |   1st r |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Markin (21)          |    Cherov (8)        |   Cherov (7,01)         | 

Season  |  Finances    |  Coaching  |  Recruitment       | Training Fac. | Youth Fac.       |  Stadium
2018/19 |   OK         |  Poor      |  Poor              | Poor          | Below Average    |  44,149 
2019/20 |   Secure     |  Average   |  Above Average     | Basic         | Adequate         |  44,149

Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words...

Capture.thumb.JPG.891b3969419de940ba8baca8d464a868.JPG

Comfortably winning until the 90th minute of the CL quarter final, only to concede in the 90th and 95th, the second one literally with the last kick of the game, and go out on away goals :seagull:

We go again next year I guess - but I would really like to start snuffing out these comebacks; not sure what to do - if I go defensive this just invites pressure, but keeping on attacking just led to the game above :S Wasted quite a few good chances before their last gasp comeback too, and the last goal was a counter-attack from my corner...

Belfort.png.a7fe1778e4b9324424357f3bcd2e79ab.png

Season 9 – 2027/28– Ligue 1

TLDR: some close calls and disappointments than last season, but still doing well

League: We finished second on goal difference, bah… PSG were amazing all year, whilst we, as per usual, started slowly but then hit a great run of form. Surprisingly we caught up to within 3 points of PSG, and after beating them at home were level on points but behind on goal difference with 2 games to go. Unfortunately we couldn’t catch up and ended up finishing second because our GD of +75 was lower than PSG’s +79!! :o

Cups: A very annoying exit in the French cup, losing to St Etienne at home in extra time in the semis. Trounced by Marseille in the league cup semi.

Europe: Finished second in a group with Man Utd and Juve, beat Liverpool in the quarters, and annoyingly went out to Leverkusen after conceding two last-minute goals. We still look a level below the top teams, with Man Utd beating us home and away pretty easily in the group.

Star players:  Same as before, more or less. Rudy Berard-Alves 24b (ST/AMR) was leaps and bounds ahead of everyone but then did his cruciate, so Sylvain Daval 24a (ST/AMLC) ended the season our best player and top scorer. Jean Meunier 25b (D/WB/AML) is becoming a key player at wingback. David Zagnon 25a (MC/ST) is scoring plenty from the midfield.

Youth watch: Ayoub El Azhari 26a (ST/AMLC) has come through the ranks and became a regular starter during Berard-Alves 24b’s injury absence.

Youth intake | Dominique Leveque 28a (DLC) | Robin Pernin 28b (DRC) Zero depth, but apparently Leveque is one of the best players of his generation, and plays at full back, so I hope that first bit is true. I signed up the lad from Basildon just for making the effort :)

Facilities: Still bugged + no upgrade. Sharing training facilities with Basel to make some progress.

No major transfers

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists          |     Top rating            | Notes
2019/20 |  National |  4   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Guirassy (24)        |  Honore (18)          |    Guirassy (7.6)         |  1 point off the play-offs
2020/21 |  National |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  David (13)           |    David (7.6)            |  Promotion!
2021/22 |  Ligue 2  |  8   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    David (24)           |  David (15)           |    David (7.6)            |  2 points off the play-offs
2022/23 |  Ligue 2  |  4   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Aguene (24)          |  Guirassy (18)        |    Aguene (7.7)           |  Lost in playoffs R1
2023/24 |  Ligue 2  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  Martins (14)         |    David (7.4)            |  Promotion!
2024/25 |  Ligue 1  |  7   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (36)          |  Martins (17)         |    Valade (7.4)           |  Euro cup qualification
2025/26 |  Ligue 1  |  5   |   R9    |   n/a       |    1st KO   | Berard-Alves 24b (31)   | Berard-Alves 24b (23) |    Martins (7.8)          |  1 point off CL
2026/27 |  Ligue 1  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |    QF       |    Daval 24a (40)       |  Dubreuil (28)        |   Daval 24a (8.00)        |  League and league cup double
2027/28 |  Ligue 1  |  2   |   Semi  |   QF        |    n/a      |    Daval 24a (31)       |  Daval 24a (25)       |   Berard-Alves 24b (8.1)  |

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
2019/20 |   £450k   |  Average     |  Fairly Basic     |  Basic         |  Poor           |  5500
2020/21 |   £45k    |  Adequte     |  Average          |  Below average |  Basic          |  5500
2021/22 |   £1.2m   |  Good        |  Above Average    |  Adequate      |  Basic          |  5500
2022/23 |   £300k   |  Good        |  Established      |  Average       |  Basic          |  5500
2023/24 |   £160k   |  Good        |  Well Established |  Good          |  Below Average  |  5500
2024/25 |   £9.6m   |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2025/26 |   £24m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2026/27 |   £39m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2027/28 |   £60m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Superb        |  Adequate       |  20056

images.png.35e45e1a1f84b6ede7bb2b0c6ab92c3a.png

SEASON 22/23 (Bundesliga)

I've just recently delved back into this save after a bit of a winter break with other stuff going on in my life, and apparently found the team in better shape than ever. After a pretty crappy start to the season the team got together and went on a total bullrun in october, which had us cemented in the top six by christmas break. By then we had a bit of an injury crisis with both our starting CM's and also both of our first team goaltenders out with more or less serious injuries. Bad news for me, happy news for Dietar Baumann and Johannes Seitz who both were called up to the first team and got their cherries popped. With the team back at full strenght in early april, I decided to experiment a bit with the tactics since we were already safe in terms of points, and abandoned our solid 532 in favor for a 4231 where all the starters play in their natural positions and roles. This turned Dominik Bauschinger from a solid support AMC into a raging beast of a winger. I think he scored as many goals in the last month of the season as he had done in the eight previous months combined, so I will roll with it for the 23/24 startup and see where it takes us. We racked up 6 wins and a draw from the last 8 games and finished ****ing 4th. There's a new kid on the block Europe. Beware. Eugen Pawlowski is no longer the best player in 1860 München, he's the best player in all of Germany, beaten on Avg rating only by Eden Hazard and was the Bundesliga top scorer with 31 bagged. Only the world left for him to conquer now.

Wasn't all too impressed with this years intake but Volker Feil looks fine. Otto Hahnemann, Georg Dolfen, Andrea Morelli, Markus Einecke and two others will also get the chance to prove their worth over the coming years.

I got to keep all of my core players this year, even though Pawlowski whined about a move to Hertha Berlin at the summer transfer window a tiny bit. Hopefully he's forgotten all about it now that we're going to play in the Champions League. I opted to sell Frane Spanjic to Inter at the start of the season as he didn't get along with almost any of his teammates and I deemed Dominik Freytag (who's developed splendidly btw) a better option at right WB. Long time servants Helmbrecht and Gebhart has also been released, best of luck to them. Transfer snapshot.

Hakan Karahan has been looking good this year and is finally old enough to play first team football. The tactic change also opened the door for a few players that previously didn't seem to have much of a future at the club, the most prominent being Melchner and Bührer, the latter already baptised in the Bundesliga with a goal on his debut.

Next season we're aiming to beat Bayern München in a competitive game. It's time to start reclaiming the city.

Le Mans FC - Season 4 - 2021/22

League Table:

Champions and Promotion!!! Wow, this team clicked in such a big way this year. I took a big gamble and decided not to sell Wilfried Thomas. He received big bids from PSG and Marseille in the summer, including around a 7M big with a 50% future profit clause from PSG, but I turned it down hoping he would help guide us to promotion. And how does he repay that? By getting injured for 2 months right at the start of the season! But my other two strikers stepped up huge, and when Wilfried came back, we had a strike force that would go on to win us promotion! I have now lost Wilfried on a free to Rennes in Ligue 1, who barely even survived, so it'll be a tough season for us next year.

Squad:

So many good performances, our strikers were the real standouts here, but we had consistent performances all over the pitch this year.

Arnaud Agnide (YP02A) - What a standout performance, the second he turned 16 and was eligible to play he slotted straight in. Led the league in goals this season. Have him locked down for a couple more years, but he refuses to sign a new contract.

Wilfried Thomas (YP01A) - Not much else to say about this lad, he has been a fantastic servant to us. I had hoped that with our good performances he would sign a new contract, but he was destined to move on I suppose. Will miss his dominance.            Won Ligue 2 player of the year for 2021. Moving on a free to Rennes.

Boubakar Traore (YP02B) - Another youth who slotted in the second he turned 16. Just immense, I hope him and Arnaud will lead our strikeforce to stability in L1 now that Wilfried is gone. But he also refuses to sign a new contract. :(

Transfers:

Just one leaving on a free, and soon to be Wilfried Thomas on that list as well. :(

Finances:

Did okay, lost more money this year due to staff salaries (which are more than my player salaries...), but I imagine L1 has a much better TV deal in store for us. Our Youth Facilities upgrade finished, and as soon as we have the cash we will try for the next level.

Youth Intake:

Yet another golden generation. Some interesting looking players in this years intake, including a CB and GK that would slot straight in if they were 16. Dang you French rules.

Chancel Basquaise (YP04A)

Thierry Thomas (YP04B)

Youssef El Amrani (YP04C)

Maurizio Conforti (YP04D)

Hugo Burger (YP04E)

Jean-Marc Guillot (YP04F)

2020/21 |  Ligue 2  |  7   |   R8    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Thomas (01a) (31)    |  Thomas (01a) (25)    |    Thomas(01a) (7.67)   |  4 points off the play-offs
2021/22 |  Ligue 2  |  1   |   R7    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Agnide (02a) (33)    |  Agnide (02a) (21)    |    Thomas(01a) (7.83)   |  CHAMPIONS AND PROMOTION!

2020/21 |   £1.6m   |  Exceptional |  Well Established |  Great         |  Good           |  25,000
2020/21 |   £435k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Great          |  25,000

Le Mans FC - Season 5 - 2022/23

League Table:

A great first year in Ligue 1. We started off the season well, and had some big victories over some of our lower table rivals to propel us into mid-table, and we managed to hang in there the whole season. One of our star strikers got a broken leg and missed most of the season, which caused us to slump in the middle of the season, but we hung in there! No cup runs of note. We've managed to lock almost everyone down to a long contract, with the exception of our LB, and he may be leaving to PSG soon. Hoping for a similar result next year, more mid-table obscurity will suit me just fine!

Squad:

Solid year for the whole team, really outperformed. With one of our 2 main strikers going down for most of the season, our backups really filled in big time.

Arnaud Agnide (YP02A) - Another fantastic year from my front-man, had to do it alone this year without Thomas and Traore (for most of the season). Won the European Golden Boy Award! Also signed a new contract, so hopefully he will lead our line for many years to come!

Riad Bekkar (YP02C) - Stepped up big time in the absence of Traore!

Denis Vincent (YP01B) - Rock for me in the midfield, and played a good bit of RB for me as well.

Dembo Jeannin (YP03A) - Slotted straight in once he turned 16, been great, but will be subject to big bids this summer and he refuses to sign a new contract.

Transfers:

Wilfried Thomas (YP01A) is the only one here. He had a good first season with Rennes, but didn't play much. If only he had stayed with me.

Finances:

Good first season, managed to build up enough to get the board to agree to a youth and training facilities upgrade!

Youth Intake:

Another good bunch this year! Great looking CM, ST, and GK!

Jonathan Lehmann (YP05A)

Ivo Fera (YP05B)

Mathys Dupont (YP05C)

Yassin Ma El Ainin (YP05D)

2021/22 |  Ligue 2  |  1   |   R7    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Agnide (02a) (33)    |  Agnide (02a) (21)    |    Thomas(01a) (7.83)   |  CHAMPIONS AND PROMOTION!
2022/23 |  Ligue 1  |  9   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Bekkar (02c) (28)    |  Agnide (02a) (23)    |    Agnide (02a) (7.55)  |  11 points away from continental qualification

2021/22 |   £435k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Great          |  25,000
2022/23 |   £2.4m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Great          |  25,000

On 5/9/2018 at 12:02, Sn00gle said:

@Dibond Really enjoying your journey keep going, great job!PS. your YP05A has bad link

Glad you are enjoying it! Been a fun journey so far, exciting to see so many prospects growing so quickly! Thanks for that catch, fixed it!

I obviously wouldn't be eligible for the Hall of Fame or anything, but would anyone mind if I did updates here for a Youth Challenge from FM17?  

I had a disaster at my home this year (flood, massive damage, full restoration) and didn't have time/ability to buy FM18... and at this point in the cycle, it seems wasteful.  

Anyway, I just see that there is still a ton of activity, but there obviously wouldn't be any on the FM17 thread...  I am starting up a few different saves, just with everything that has happened this year, I'd like to be more involved with the community to take my mind off all of the drama.  Thanks!

Mordovia Saransk - Season 3 review

150px-FC_Mordovia_Saransk.png

Upon barely avoiding relegation in previous season we wanted to aim a little higher this time, although the board expectations remained the same - to fight relegation bravely. After a terrible start we managed the occasional 3 points which kept us away from the bottom of the table. Eventually, as per usual, we found the best form after the winter break, with only 2 defeats in 10 games, which made us finish in a comfortable 9th position. 

For the cup, we fought Orenburg again. Beating them 3-2 in extra time only to be eliminated by Zenit next round by 1-3 at home.

Sadly, we lost our main striker, Markin, who rejected a new contract. We stayed without club throughout the season and eventually retired at the age of 26... Sad story.  For next season we will lose another couple veterans from the first team, but it will be interesting to see how we manage being forced to included youngsters in the lineup. The expectations are the same, although i plan to do even better while improving the conditions.

One thing I'm certain. If i left the club now, they would be already too good for the 2nd divisions, in terms of infrastructure.

Season  |  League      | Pos.  |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists         |    Top rating           | Notes
2018/19 |  FNL         |  2    |   1st r |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Markin (15)          |    Vaganov (13)      |   Lebedev (7,23)        | Improvement since changing to 442
2019/20 |  Prem'erLiga |  13   |   1st r |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Markin (21)          |    Cherov (8)        |   Cherov (7,01)         | Survived through relegation playoffs 
2020/21 |  Prem'erLiga |  9    |   2nd r |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Cherov (10)          |    Adaev (9)         |   Adaev (7,32)          | 

Season  |  Finances    |  Coaching  |  Recruitment       | Training Fac. | Youth Fac.       |  Stadium
2018/19 |   OK         |  Poor      |  Poor              | Poor          | Below Average    |  44,149 
2019/20 |   Secure     |  Average   |  Above Average     | Basic         | Adequate         |  44,149
2020/21 |   Secure     |  Average   |  Established       | Adequate      | Good             |  44,149

Belfort.png.2530b1aecdac90ea6b88939faad5762e.png

Season 10 – 2028/29– Ligue 1

A shorter update this time; basically we are doing fine but stagnating a bit. The team is good enough to compete at the top of Ligue 1, but PSG are just way too good for everyone at the moment. In the CL it’s the same story – we’re competitive but just cannot beat the best teams. And I don’t have the tactical nous to squeeze out wins against the Euro giants. The first team players have stopped developing but most are of good standard, I just need some more quality in central midfield. 

League: 2ndagain. 99 points for PSG! I feel lucky I managed to win the league 3 years back with a “meager” 91 points :p

Cups: painful exits

Europe: Did well to qualify in a group with AC Milan and Real Madrid, but Bayern put us to the sword in the quarters. We shipped 9 goals over two legs…

SquadStill top heavy, but the defence is also looking allright, just need a bit more depth and extra quality, especially in midfield

Star players:  Same as before: Rudy Berard-Alves 24b (ST/AMR)  and Sylvain Daval 24a (ST/AMLC) are kicking ass up front. Jean Meunier 25b (D/WB/AML) looks like our best player stats wise but is just so inconsistent; don’t know what to make of him. Ayoub El Azhari 26a (ST/AMLC) has burst onto the scene and was top scorer with 34.

Youth watch: Arnaud Kraemer 25d is now our best defender. Bedi Hartock 25c (GK) has great attributes too.

Youth intake | Gregory Leroy 29a (DC) | Naser Fejzullahu 29b (AMC/ST) Not particularly great, and it’s been a while since we had an intake I was excited about. Leroy looks good for a starting DC spot in several years’ time, and it’s nice to have Fejzullahu come through our feeder club Basel.

Facilities: Finally some upgrades! Coaching and recruitment maxed.

No major transfers

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists          |     Top rating            | Notes
2019/20 |  National |  4   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Guirassy (24)        |  Honore (18)          |    Guirassy (7.6)         |  1 point off the play-offs
2020/21 |  National |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  David (13)           |    David (7.6)            |  Promotion!
2021/22 |  Ligue 2  |  8   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    David (24)           |  David (15)           |    David (7.6)            |  2 points off the play-offs
2022/23 |  Ligue 2  |  4   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Aguene (24)          |  Guirassy (18)        |    Aguene (7.7)           |  Lost in playoffs R1
2023/24 |  Ligue 2  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  Martins (14)         |    David (7.4)            |  Promotion!
2024/25 |  Ligue 1  |  7   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (36)          |  Martins (17)         |    Valade (7.4)           |  Euro cup qualification
2025/26 |  Ligue 1  |  5   |   R9    |   n/a       |    1st KO   | Berard-Alves 24b (31)   | Berard-Alves 24b (23) |    Martins (7.8)          |  1 point off CL
2026/27 |  Ligue 1  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |    QF       |    Daval 24a (40)       |  Dubreuil (28)        |   Daval 24a (8.00)        |  League and league cup double
2027/28 |  Ligue 1  |  2   |   Semi  |   QF        |    n/a      |    Daval 24a (31)       |  Daval 24a (25)       |   Berard-Alves 24b (8.1)  |  
2028/29 |  Ligue 1  |  2   |   R11   |   QF        |    n/a      |    El Azhari 26a (34)   |  Dubreuil (19)        |    Dubreuil (7.8)         |  

2027/28 |   £60m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Superb        |  Adequate       |  20056
2028/29 |   £83m    |  Exceptional |  Extensive        |  Superb        |  Average        |  20056

21 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

I obviously wouldn't be eligible for the Hall of Fame or anything, but would anyone mind if I did updates here for a Youth Challenge from FM17?  

I had a disaster at my home this year (flood, massive damage, full restoration) and didn't have time/ability to buy FM18... and at this point in the cycle, it seems wasteful.  

Anyway, I just see that there is still a ton of activity, but there obviously wouldn't be any on the FM17 thread...  I am starting up a few different saves, just with everything that has happened this year, I'd like to be more involved with the community to take my mind off all of the drama.  Thanks!

Completely fine by me, although I'm not in charge of the rules here - best of luck with the challenge! Sounds like a proper disaster with the flood, hope things are looking up now...

5 hours ago, dkouv said:

Completely fine by me, although I'm not in charge of the rules here - best of luck with the challenge! Sounds like a proper disaster with the flood, hope things are looking up now...

Yeah, I'm also doing a save for The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge as well.  Been a long time community member, used to run a blog and the whole nine. (FMChampions dot com) but we are about six months into our restoration now and just now can see the end of the tunnel. :(  Our entire basement was destroyed, and unfortunately, that was both my main office for my business, as well as my gaming/man cave... so well over $10,000 in property damage, not including the actual basement floor and walls itself. :(  

I've just been absent from the community for months, and everytime I tried to come back, our problems just increased.  I obviously know that I wouldn't be up for any "thread awards" or anything of the sort, I more or less just want to participate and be involved again. :)  

I started my Youth save last night, and started with one of the lowest reputation teams around.  I am Sutton Coldfield Town, who in FM17 had only a 1400 reputation rating... if you look at the Dafuge thread, there was only one other unplayable team with a lower reputation, that being Coalville Town with a 1350 -- and Sutton Coldfield was tied with three others for lowest reputation at 1400. (Skelmersdale, Warrington Town, and Mickleover.)  So, I don't think I could have gotten it much harder. :)  

If anyone would have a problem with me posting the updates in the official thread, I'll just do a Career Update thread or something, as I said, I more just want to participate with the community again.  Thanks much for your input, @dkouv!

@jaysdailydose wow, that's a sad story, sorry to hear that this happened to you. I mean, I could live without a basement or an office, but without an FM man cave - no way! :D:D Hope that's the end of that, and seeing you have a Liverpool logo as profile pic, it's only fair if you get a bit of extra cheer on the 26th! ;)

1 minute ago, dkouv said:

@jaysdailydose wow, that's a sad story, sorry to hear that this happened to you. I mean, I could live without a basement or an office, but without an FM man cave - no way! :D:D Hope that's the end of that, and seeing you have a Liverpool logo as profile pic, it's only fair if you get a bit of extra cheer on the 26th! ;)

Wife and family are OK, that's all that matters in the end!  And yes, some extra cheer on the 26th would do very nicely, that's for certain. ;)  

As far as the challenge, I'm playing in England, so the odds of me ever making the Hall of Fame are slim to none anyway, and slim is almost out the door. :)  I really enjoy reading the Youth Challenges every year, but never really got engaged with one past a season or two... but, especially seeing people do that Dulwich Hamlet save last year and get so much out of it, I wanted to do an England Youth as soon as I was able, as well as getting back in the Ultimate Challenge.  Let me tell you, months without FM is nearly unbearable. :(  But, at least I was able to read about the game on my phone!  Silver linings, I guess.  I'm very glad to see this thread is still so active!

Anyway, thanks again, and best of luck in your save! :D

@jaysdailydose That's a really touching story I wish you all the best for you and your familly mate! Gl with your journey with Sutton I stay tunned for it. It would be cool if you mention something like FM17 run in topic I think and idk how others but im very fine:) 

I'm taking try again in my homeland in Poland after quite long brake with FM18  so soon there will  be first update. Im suprised (I didnt try young challenge in FM18) how good facilities I can get there so probably more chance to complete challenge

Hi everyone, I’m currently doing my own youth academy challenge and I have a question regarding signing staff (apologies if it’s been asked before).

Are you allowed to sign staff on part player contracts so they can tutor your youngsters? Essentially it’s signing an old player with good personality and determination on a backup + U18 staff contract. If they don’t play any games is it allowed?

On 11/05/2018 at 17:43, jaysdailydose said:

Feel free to add your posts here if you want mate, I've got no issues with it. If you complete the challenge I've got no problems adding you to a hall of fame and just saying it's on 17. 

Archived