Football Manager 2018 Announcement

On 10/24/2017 at 09:22, shirajzl said:

The new full FM features actually push me even more to FMT as I couldn't stand stuff like team dynamics. :lol:

Exactly, and I hope it always stays as separate as it is now.

Anything that impacts performance that isn't squad or tactics related has no interest for me at all. 

Team talks, team meetings, manager mind games, team dynamics etc just moves further and further away from what (IMO, and I realise everybody wants something different) is great about FM and the game.

Unhappy players because they aren't getting a game is about it for me, I think that's a good level to be at.

I have to say, the description on the website is absolutely perfect IMO

Football Manager Touch 2018 offers all the thrills of taking the title, but without much of the pre-match build-up and away from the glare of the media. It's the speedier route to the digital dugout.

FM Touch 2018 packs all the depth and power of Football Manager’s acclaimed data, but focuses on the core managerial duties – tactics and transfers.

7 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Well, technically I did reply in mid-October :brock:

It will come. 

The release information is much more about the Tablet versions rather than the PC version (which is given away for free with purchases of FM2018).

Sorry hadn´t seen that:) - and now the Beta´s here, so decided to find out myself:)

Edited by Toonrock

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Colorado said:

Any other changes to FMT as SI have not officially commented??

Sure, improved Scouting, Transfers AI, Tactics & Match AI are all in including new Match Experience as well.

I think I speak for most of us when I say all we want is to be able to have an Editor file attached into FMT.  Happy to not have ingame editing etc so all the people who buy the add ons are protected, but the use cases for most of us with editor files (opening unplayable leagues or a european superleague etc) would make it so much easier.  I tried for FM17 moving from touch to main to do a euroleague as I find the individual leagues get quite boring after a while, and whilst I really enjoy the save the speed of it is just too slow for the amount of time I have.

Personally I'd happily pay more for an editable version of FMT.  It's the game I've loved since the first edition of CM, in a timeframe I can play.  Please just let me edit it.  Even if it costs double.

1 hour ago, thesandman said:

Not for me.  Keep it as lean as possible IMO.

Adding the editor, adds nothing in terms of gameplay in FMT. It adds the ability to add other leagues that aren't available with the game.

I for adding the ability to play in more different leagues in different countries is a good thing. Even fantasy leagues (like world League or Super European league or adding a new country) it only benefits FMT.

For those that want it, can have it and those that don't, no need to install the editor at all. :)

Edited by grade

• Administrators
2 hours ago, grade said:

Adding the editor, adds nothing in terms of gameplay in FMT. It adds the ability to add other leagues that aren't available with the game.

I for adding the ability to play in more different leagues in different countries is a good thing. Even fantasy leagues (like world League or Super European league or adding a new country) it only benefits FMT.

For those that want it, can have it and those that don't, no need to install the editor at all. :)

The request as I understand it, isn't really to use the editor at all. People requesting the feature only want to use the files with their save game, pretty much.

In any case it's very well documented (and discussed!) feature even internally, but it's really not as simple as just 'switching' on, I'm afraid.

Hopefully one day :brock:

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Rizzo said:

When does touch come out? I don't see it in the App Store and I've seen now that it won't be out till nov 24??

For Android/iOS it is out on Nov 24. 

For PC/Mac/Linux, it is out now.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, SCOTT RICHARDSON said:

Hi all

Has the list of compatible tablets for FMT 18 been released yet or is there a date confirmed?

We will make it clear on the forum here when a list has been released. 

Last year it was not released until 2 days before FMT17 hit the app stores. 

It will likely be around then or on the day of release. Thanks.

Hi @Lucas Weatherby,

Little question about the 2D classic camera.

Will the previous 2D classic camera be replaced by the new 2D classic camera in the tablet version, like it was in the PC version?

I ask this, because the old 2D classic camera was better in terms of battery consumption, something important when playing a game in a tablet.

Like this is funny...

I am asking 10 times now I bought Samsung galaxy S3 9.7 tablet and still don't have the answer if the new FM 2018 will be playable on that tablet and you ppl still send me FM 2017 where Samsung galaxy S2 9.7 can do it?

So new manager and new tablet coming out and you still dont know if  i will be able to play it 2 days to release ?

This is not professional from your side...

Please can you help me (not by sending me the FM 2017 requirements )

Regards

27 minutes ago, Jacalol said:

Like this is funny...

I am asking 10 times now I bought Samsung galaxy S3 9.7 tablet and still don't have the answer if the new FM 2018 will be playable on that tablet and you ppl still send me FM 2017 where Samsung galaxy S2 9.7 can do it?

So new manager and new tablet coming out and you still dont know if  i will be able to play it 2 days to release ?

This is not professional from your side...

Please can you help me (not by sending me the FM 2017 requirements )

Regards

Be patiente.

I'm sure that the list for compatible tablets will be release pretty soon.

• Administrators

Yes it was put up there this afternoon. Good spot.. :) The link at the top of this forum has also been updated.

10 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

What are the new features on fm18 touch for tablets? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljkcedeg8YE&t=1s

This video was posted in other thread. It pretty much resume the new features for the touch version. this is for the PC version, but the tablet version will have the same features.

There isn't many new features, apart from the medical center and the new version of the ME. And of course a new database.

Dynamics and the new scouting system didn't get in the touch version.

On 20/11/2017 at 11:49, Keyzer Soze said:

Hi @Lucas Weatherby,

Little question about the 2D classic camera.

Will the previous 2D classic camera be replaced by the new 2D classic camera in the tablet version, like it was in the PC version?

I ask this, because the old 2D classic camera was better in terms of battery consumption, something important when playing a game in a tablet.

A little bump on this question.

@Lucas Weatherby, can you give me some light on the subject?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...