• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can sign Raheem Sterling on a free transfer :idiot:. Okay, he demands still a little too much for me but it's only matter of time when he reduce his demands.

I'm in october and still no one wants him.

5 points in the first 9 games - And then we broke the curve

5 Wins, 4 Draws and 1 loss - A pretty good recovery especially with my key DC, MC and for the final 5 games ST out injured.

Then we meet FC Oss and looses painfully 3-1 in a game we dominated 16-6 shots, 4-2 CCC

The end result?

ZpqcCIU.png

I guess Holland just is not meant to be for the Big Euro. I hope Muttley has better succes.

Pretty frustrated over the timing. Especially as there's only 3 points between us at 16th and Cambuur at 9th...

Well after trying the San Marion challenge and being fired in the first season, I'm going to give this a shot. I'm going to go with Netherlands as I've never managed there before. Setting up my save now.  Should give me time to read over all the updates while it sims the first season.

NbKXt.png

Gelders Veenendaalse Voetbal Vereniging

Netherlands - Jupiler League 2017/18

Club Profile  Club History  Club Finances  |  Manager Profile  Facilities

Founded in 1947, Gelders Veenendaalse Voetbal Vereniging or more commonly refereed to as GVVV, are a professional Dutch club currently playing in the Jupiler League. GVVV are one of seven football clubs from Veenendaal. The club play their home games at Sportpark Panhuis and posses basic training facilities and very basic youth facilities. The club also has basic junior coaching and a basic youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately know as De Blauwen. Although they have never won a competition, the club are enjoying probably their best spell of success this decade. GVVV finished runners-up in the Dutch 3rd tier for the only time in 2014. This marks the first time the club has ever played above amateur status.

GVVV have just taken a risk in recently appointing new unknown 34 year old manager Marnix Zeeman. Zeeman is reportedly delighted to be given the opportunity to hone is management skills at Sportpark Panhuis, and the De Blauwen supporters will certainly be hoping that Zeeman can take their team to new heights. With it being his first job in management, all eyes will be on Zeeman as he attempts to make his mark not only on the club but on the game in general. However with the team heavily marked for relegation, will he be up to the challenge.

Zeeman will not only face the struggle of fighting against relegation this season, but he will also need to bring in an entire backroom staff. It has been reported that the entire staff walked out with the previous manager following his sacking. Many supporters and pundits are marking the tast at hand for Zeeman impossible. With only 28 days until league play starts it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

-----

I literally haven't done anything in the game yet. Note even attended the welcome meeting with the chairman. I'll post a pre-season wrap up before I play the first league game. With all the transfer news and talk about the tactics.  I also didn't post anything about the starting squad, because I know nothing about them yet and everything is blank, because no staff!

To do list:

• Hire an entire staff, I'm the only staff member
  • Upgrade some amateur players to pro
  • Figure out a tactic/formation
  • Take a look at the youth
  • Try not to freak out

NbKXt.png

Gelders Veenendaalse Voetbal Vereniging

Netherlands - Jupiler League 2017/18

Pre-Season Wrap-up

Season Preview  Season Expectations  |  Friendly Results  |  Current Squad  Transfers

Staff and Transfers

So the first thing I did was place ads for every staff position I needed filled. They all came back pretty quick with hits. Most within the first week. I might have jumped the gun on a few with early applications, but I didn't want to be without key staff for too long. Ended up snagging this assistant manager from the first batch that applied. I probably could have gotten someone a slightly better had I waited a week or two. Here is a look at our full staff. About on par with average for the league. Most of which will be replaced next year if we stay up most likely. Key word, if.

After staff was all sorted it was time to take a look at the squad and see what needed to be done. Ended up release a lot of the guys that were in the squad when I took over. Thankfully they were on amateur contracts so there was no fee involved in releasing them. Ended up nine first team players and one reserve player. Which left us with three youngsters in the reserves, who will also end up being let go end of their youth contracts. And on the flip side, I've signed thirteen players, and have a fourteenth I'm waiting to confirm. Two of the players brought in were from loan. I'm also still scouting a lot of players to try and bring in before the close of the window. And thus far I've been very frugal and haven't spent any real money. But that will change if any of the players being scouted pan out. One of the youngsters I signed was offered to me by an agent. A 19 year old Spanish attacking midfielder. I'm paying him more than I should be, and gave him a key player status to sign him. Which was probably a mistake. But some of his current stats are pretty good, and his 19 determination sealed the deal. He should develop into a star player given a few years in a starting role. And we are now currently spending 4k less a week on wages than allowed. So I'm hoping to bring a couple center backs to strengthen the back line. We could do with some depth in other places as well, but center back is my main focus right now.

Stand out signings thus far: Wessel Dammers (loan) | Joey Belterman | Valentin Milla | Martijin de Zwart | Sandro Calabro

Stand out players retained from last season: Jamarro Diks

Tactics

After thinking about it for a while, and with the players currently in the squad, we are going to run with a 4-4-1-1. At least for now. Its done us okay in the pre season. The back four is very defensive, and I've played every game start to finish on standard with only two instructions. Work the ball into the box, and look for the overlap. As you can see from our preseason run (top menu) we did pretty good. I was honestly shocked to get 0-1 losses to Empoli and Stuttgart. And doubly so when we beat Bordeaux 1-0. After those games, it was very disappointing to lose to VVV 1-3.

NjmSK.png

I'm sure I'll end up changing this around a little based on how we perform early on in the league. I might go a little more defensive in the midfield also. Maybe go with a deeplying playmaker or a ball winner. And all my wide mids can also play defensive wingers, so that might be something I look at too. Maybe look to play on the counter with a higher pace too. But for now I'm sticking with what we managed to use so effectively in friendlies.  I do however need to get a second and maybe a third tactic training as I only have this one thus far.

Oh and I'm on to my first coaching course already. Now on to the season. I'm going to be very disappointed if I end up getting sacked in this first season, after spending so much time with this already. Wish me luck!

I'm gonna give it another go. I once finished it in Germany and that's the course I'm gonna take again.

Short seasons are great for my amount of time to play. FMT once again for this one.

I'm gonna play as alter ego Benno Stüber. - Golden Boy, Europes and Champions League best player at 20 in my Wuppertal Big Euro Save.

I'm gonna control Carl Zeiss Jena - Mostly because I couldn't get Hessen Kassel after reloading 7000 times. I like Jena though. Home of one of my sweet spot players... Bernd Schneider :-)

League history - Finances - Squad

Well. Here was the first game of the season.  But then here we were 13 games in to the season.  And it kept getting worse. I was given an ultimatum of getting 7 points in 5 games. And some how I pulled it off! But, here was our results to that point. And here was the table at that point also. And then seven games later, this happened. But it was all worth it, because I was fired by Marcel Boogers!

I'm not really sure of all the rules. I don't get why I was relegated in 19th position. And how a team with less points than us was in a playoff spot in 20th. I see nothing about this in the league rules. Very confused. I might try again, but not right this minute.

@oulzac

the table is divided into 4 periods. If the 20th placed team topped one of the period they enter playoffs and can't get relegated.

So in theory they could play well for 9 games and get 27 losses in the other 27 games. And still not get relegated.

10 hours ago, Muggert said:

@oulzac

the table is divided into 4 periods. If the 20th placed team topped one of the period they enter playoffs and can't get relegated.

So in theory they could play well for 9 games and get 27 losses in the other 27 games. And still not get relegated.

But they didn't, that is the problem. They were at the bottom of the table with me the entire season. At no point were they ever higher than 18th. Yet some how they managed a playoff spot.

5 hours ago, oulzac said:

But they didn't, that is the problem. They were at the bottom of the table with me the entire season. At no point were they ever higher than 18th. Yet some how they managed a playoff spot.

The periods reset every time. So if they had 0points from the first 27 games and technically were already relegated, they could save themselves by topping the table in the last period.

Try going to the table and look at the periods. Table -> Stages -> Period

They're probably topping one of them. Based on your screenshots I would think it was Period 3

@Muggert Yeah, third phase, they were the best of the teams who were not already highlighted blue for a playoff spot. Due to all their draws. Oh well.

I'm going to try this again, and staying in the Netherlands. Not going to go full on into the first post like before, because you know, I might not make it past the first season. I'll post a start update shortly, once I figure out a team.

EDIT: or maybe tomorrow. I'm tired of reloading trying to get the team I want.

I'm trying to get Kozakken or TEC VV. I'd even settle for Excelsior or Koninklijke. Maybe even Barendrecht. But these teams never come up. Its always the others. Spakenburg comes up the most. You have like a 35% of getting them it seems. I may just roll with them. They have a nice big stadium to start. And a decent squad compared to the rest of the ones that appear. But I'm also going to keep trying for a while to get the others. I'd at least like to see what they offer when they do eventually come up.

2018/19 Season Review

Standings - Squad - Finances - Transfers - Awards

Fans' Players of the season:

Finn Porath - Manfred Starke - Justin Gerlach

Season review:

Started off slowly, but then ran into a succesful stretch of games, and even though we didn't win any of the last 6 games, relegation was pretty far away.

Season preview:

I need to strengthen the team allround. Get a couple of great players in and then once again fill up with a bunch of loanees.

RyNlIYU.png

It was never my season. Could never get a much better team than last year to perform. Finances cribbling and ending in 7 losses in a row and a sacking.

Well... At least I was occupied for a few weeks :-) ... FM17 and me haven't really started to cooperate yet. Maybe It's time for a journeyman save.

Unterhaching

628px-spvgg_unterhachrhuuv.thumb.png.f912f81ac3a07949af8cb11f3f2c0211.png

So, not being as much of a masochist as you Dutch-league maniacs, I decided to start Markus Berger’s career in Germany, at newly promoted Unterhaching.

They might have low expectations for the season but they also have pedigree, having played - briefly - in the Bundesliga within recent memory, and possess a good youth setup and a slightly odd but big-enough stadium. And a world class bobsleigh team. So at least they're better than local rivals Bayern at something! 

Season #1

The starting squad was oddly imbalanced, with talent up front, no real central midfielders and some horribly slow defenders. And I have no idea how the board managed to lure this Brazilian in on a part-time contract, but non-EU players are ineligible to play in the third tier so instead of building a team around him, I had to pay off the remaining year of his contract to get rid of him.

But filling in squad gaps at short notice with very little money is what loan markets are for. Setting up with a back 3, wingbacks and a (usually) strikerless hard-pressing midfield, I was pretty confident I could beat the media’s expectations of relegation, especially as the results started to roll in.

The season opened like a dream, with four big wins in a row. Defeat to Magdeburg in the fifth game of the season might have seemed like a reality check, but it soon became clear that they were my main title rivals. A long unbeaten run followed and even a spate of draws couldn’t stop me being top halfway through the season. A surprise defeat at Paderborn left me second at the winter break, but more importantly in an automatic promotion spot with a comfortable lead over third place .

After beating Magdeburg they hit a weak run of form, and the title race became a coronation procession. The signing of Palacios Martinez certainly helped my goalscoring form.

We clinched the title at Wolfsburg, in front of a grand total of 20 travelling fans. That's not even a full bus! Only a humiliating and unexpected 3-0 defeat in the penultimate game stopped me breaking the division points record.

Squad and Signings

Klunter came in on the biggest wages, and has the ability to go with me all the way to the Bundesliga, in the unlikely event he wants to stay that long

Spikic is a very decent defender for this level, though he hasn’t really kicked on like I thought he might. Vitzhum was something of a panic buy on excessive wages because I didn’t like my left back options, and I don’t rate Friedl as highly as my scouts

Mickel came in mid season and made the goalkeeper spot his own

But it was the generosity of bigger teams letting me have their promising youngsters for zero wage contribution (and Germany permitting unlimited loans) that let me completely remodel my squad on a tight budget

Schreck - is he the next Wayne Rooney? - became a fan favourite and had his loan extended to next season

Palacios Martinez came in the winter break to provide more goals, and so I was delighted to be able to sign him permanently on a free at the end of the season

Brasnic helped the goal tally too

Fritsch was a rock at the back and Geiger provided creativity in midfield. Several more players provided rotation options 

From the original squad utility Dombrowka was club captain and eventually earned himself a regular spot in midfield, and long-serving Bigalke provided plenty of flair. I let my starting star player Stephan Hain go to Darmstadt for £475k after figuring out I could loan in even better players 

Youth

Ivanov, from last season’s intake, clearly has major potential as he's attracting interest from bigger clubs clubs

Feuser was picked as the star of this one, and there were a couple of others that might make it. But  I knew my HOYD had to go when he boasted about his influence on some of my players’ awful personalities.

Next season

I'm pleased to have secured Schreck on a longer term loan as well as Palacios Martinez on a permanent deal, but that defence and midfield is going to need an overhaul to be up to second division standards. Fritsch not agreeing to extend his loan contract was a disappointment

Thanks. Second season going really rather well.

Yeah, Germany is ideally suited for this challenge: small clubs have pretty decent setups, there's loads of money in the top two divisions and permissive rules on loans. Plus the players are professional enough to be relatively nice to you and an interesting mix of opposition teams and playing styles. Terrible weather though.

And I think the German Second Division is the most competitive I've ever played in. 

R1YZN.png

Having another go at this, and the never-won-before league of Holland. Reloaded for about 3 hours to get a different team than the usual suspects as VVSB, Spakenburg, GVVV, Katwijk. Finally managed to get a new team, in the likes of BVV Barendrecht. The club is from a city south of Rotterdam, with no real history to brag about. We also didn't had any staff at the club so my first priority was filling in those positions, so I can then have a better look of our terrible terrible squad. Time for Sem Meyer, our completely fictional Manager of Barendrecht to take over and lead this club to the Big Euro Challenge. Let's take a moment to wish him luck in this endeavor, and hope we will avoid the terrible curse of dutch sackings!

We went completely over the transfer period, changing almost the entire team in the process. We did so many Transfers that they don't even fit in a single screen, and released as much as we could of the old players. Somehow that wasn't enough, as we didn't delivered in the games at all. In the first half of the season, we only won three (you read that right - 3 out of 19). And those were all against B teams somehow (Jong Ajax, Jong Utrecht and Jong PSV). Way to many 0-0 draws for my liking (7 of them), but I guess each points counts, right? Would be great if we could score more, but I guess one can only hope. Oh, and we got out of the Cup in the first game (true it was against Go Ahead Eagles - top flight team).

RayvM.png

This are the Players from the first part of the season. One can only notice a single average about 7.00, or that our main goalscorers are 2 players with 3 goals each, and the best passing man only has 2 assists. I guess its safe to say by now that we are bad. And that Holland really is a big challenge as the name says it. But somehow we weren't the worse of the team, as we find 3 below us in the table - but only 3 points from us and the relegation spot. If only we could hang on in the second part of the season, maybe we can build up a bit in the second season more. Fingers crossed.

RHzKp.png

m3GgxFN.png

Announcement : Manager Profile : Club Profile : Club Leagues : Squad

I have returned. After my save with Electrico previously I havnt been able to get into another game since then so now I am coming back. This time I am taking on the challenge in Italy with Cuneo 1905. To add a little spice into the challenge this go around I will focus on a domestic only approach. I will only sign and play Italian players and staff (not including me). Any non Italians on the club when taking over will be moved or not played until their contract runs out.

R1YZN.png

I guess it wasn't that bad of the season. After all, we were by far the weakest team in the league. And somehow in the fixtures of the second part we managed to grab another six wins and some draws. We finished in 17th but were not threatened by relegation as they were a solid margin of 17 points to Ajax B who somehow relegated. I guess they were that bad being the only team in the league we managed to beat home and away.

Players performed admirable but after the last game of the season I terminated the contracts of those not getting much game time and also released those loan players. That saved us a lot of space for the wages and our finances are looking rather healthy at the moment. Not much can be taken from the youth intake, but I've already started scouting players who can join us for free next summer. Board increased the youth development budget but I don't think much to come out of it. They have rejected by requests for new training or youth facilities, and I can't say I blame them that much. 

Rpkqp.png

• 2 weeks later...

Remember me? Well I have been playing this challenge, just not been having time to post, my L'Aquila save is continuing...quick rundown of season record here:

L'Aquila Calcio 1927
Year Division Pos Serie C Cup Italian Cup Europe Achievements
2017/18 Serie C/B 10th 3rd Round N/A N/A Made Promotion Playoffs
2018/19 Serie C/B 7th Group Stage N/A N/A Made Promotion Playoffs
2019/20 Serie C/B 6th Semi-Final 2nd Qual Round N/A Promotion via Playoffs
2020/21 Serie B 20th N/A 3rd Qual Round N/A Relegated

I am hoping at the end of this current season to do a rundown of the previous seasons, and the full report of this season.

Unterhaching: Season II

Or "How Lukas Klunter learned to stop requesting transfers and love Unterhaching and his manager"

Having just been promoted to the 2.Bundesliga I didn’t greatly fear relegation, but at the same time, the gap between my side and giants like newly-relegated Werder Bremen and Frankfurt was huge on paper. After an intense pre-season clearout and loan-in, we were probably a middling side in terms of ability for the division, despite still not having spent a penny on transfer fees. Lukas Klunter, one of my first signings last season, was arguably still my best player

The 2. Bundesliga was so close. Teams shot up and down the table, with most of the division within a few points of each other all season. Third placed Heidenheim lost nearly a third of their games, and finished only 16 points ahead of bottom of the table Bielefeld. They were also 18 points behind top of the table Unterhaching

The title was a two-horse race from fairly early on, with most of the division taking more points off each other than me. With just two automatic promotion spots, I was also hugely helped by Werder Bremen being inexplicably awful. Frankfurt put up a real fight for the title, but won just two of their last seven games (and lost the cup final after an impressive cup run).

And thus after consecutive promotions Klunter decided that I must have had his best interests at heart after all when repeatedly refusing to sell him to a “bigger” club and decided that Unterhaching was his favourite club and I was his favourite person in the game

It wasn’t quite the perfect season, as I went out of the cup in the first round 3-0 to a Nurnberg side I'd beaten earlier that week.

Transfers

I’d permanently signed Palacios Martinez who was again an important goalscorer, and retained some loanees from last season including the less-free-scoring Schreck. But the squad needed a rebuild. I went shopping on the free transfer markets again and started clearing out the deadwood. Out went Jim-Patrick Muller, a nice winger who never really produced enough goal threat at AMC. The departure of  long-serving flair player Bigalke on loan to Magdeburg was a bit more controversial, but he’d always been a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer (He managed to score for me any way; an own goal Magdeburg picked him against me :)) Magdeburg also snapped up prospect Friedl on loan and the board bit their hand off when they offered £235k for him

The fans weren’t entirely convinced, by the any of those moves and I didn’t exactly splash out on transfers either. 

The big-wage signing was Schonfeld, a similar type of player to Geiger but a sizeable upgrade, despite my coaches being unimpressed, and he did a nice job of running the midfield for me. Usually he was partnered by Hosogai, who came in part-way through the season whose mediocre average rating belied a lot of defensive work and a 92% pass rate (also a great tutor and versatile)

Robin Becker came to play left or right back (depending on whether I played Klunter in the centre; he ended up almost always on the left and was excellent). 

Once again, it was free loan signings that made the difference, but this time I was able to go overseas.

I’d found Kabongo in France but snapped him up on a two year loan after Arsenal spent £6.75m on him (thanks for spending all that money and letting me have him wage-free guys!). His finishing verged between sublime and ridiculous, but he had pace and strength to burn. Harry Wilson, a full Welsh international loaned for nothing, added flair and set pieces to the forward line. Kober, Bormuth and after some rapid improvement Peter Rook were all integral to my defence and  Egan from Sunderland was a useful midfield option. It was a sign of how good I’d got that last season’s star Geiger terminated his loan in mid-season because he couldn’t get a game

Some signings has less impact: Dzalto boasted similar attributes to free-scoring Palacios Martinez though they slid shortly after he signed. But he never looked like scoring in the six games he played and then kicked up a fuss about being rotated out of the side, so off he went on loan. Last season’s loanee Dietz was signed permanently and managed two goals and a red card in four eventful starts before (correctly) deciding he wasn’t good enough and allowing me to sell him for a profit. Bounou conceded just twice after being signed in the winter break, but that's because he spent most of the time injured

My highest profile signing so far is a £25k per annum coach named Francesco Totti

Youth

After the appalling personalities of last season’s youth intake (especially the ones my HOYD said he’d affected) in came Hans Jorg Butt (the penalty taking former Leverkusen goalie) to be HOYD

A decent intake albeit with an inexplicably large number of low determination players.

Mpong is a strange regen: tiny but quick and strong for his age, and apparently with no footballing ability whatsoever bar his imagination but very highly rated by coaches. Dohring is another keeper, so at least I have an overflow of talent in one area 

My scouts think a few of my youngsters have Bundesliga potential, but now it’s Hornig from last season’s intake that other clubs are interested in. It’s Pino from last season’s intake whose development has amazed me though. If it wasn’t for his poor natural fitness I’d say he’s a dead cert to be a squad player at least.

My U19s came runners up to Bayern in their league, which might be more down to the other big clubs sending their best youngsters off to their B-team than a particular depth of talent.

Summary

So a record breaking season. Most goals and best defence by miles my defence conceded just 20 league goals all season, 18 fewer than the next best team. Some records I’ll probably never break: a 9-2 win with Palacios-Martinez scoring 5 goals in it, which was fair revenge for how they knocked me out the cup

And my domination of the division's individual stats and team stats was just embarrassing

The Bundesliga promises to be trickier. My wage allowances went up a lot (though I’d lost out on a long-term defensive target by the time the board got round to announcing them) but there are a number of individual players earning more per season than my entire club spends. And whilst collectively my defence was outstanding this season, individually they shouldn’t be able to cope with the likes of Lewandowski and Aubemyang (both still going strong)

So far, gambling on quick-fix loans rather than squad building has paid off spectacularly, but I’m going to have to spend a lot of time in the transfer market this summer. At least I’ll have the money to do it this time.

So i spent over an hour to write my 1st season review with Sant Andreu in Spain and i ended up accidentally clicking a link while on the tab where i was writing the review. Needless to say everything is gone and i doubt i can recover any of it so here is the TLDR cause i really don't want to write it all over again:

We almost got relegated but won the Relegation Playoff Final so we are safe for now. We also managed to get to the 4th round in Copa del Rey. Some good signing and a decent squad to build upon for the next season.

Nice on survival Andy, yeah I try to write up in Notepad just so I don't run into that issue and then do formatting afterwards, it's a pain, but don't lose it like on here.

Though think with the new edit boxes you can copy paste from Word/Google Docs with formatting now, I hate that you can't use the source edit version anymore

On 7/27/2017 at 00:19, Andy Sava said:

So i spent over an hour to write my 1st season review with Sant Andreu in Spain and i ended up accidentally clicking a link while on the tab where i was writing the review. Needless to say everything is gone and i doubt i can recover any of it so here is the TLDR cause i really don't want to write it all over again:

I know that feeling only too well...

Good luck for building on that first season's survival and pushing on next season. And for more luck writing up the season report too :)

Sakaryaspor2.png.bb3d5a5a70ec889c492df1a87d8d584e.png                                                                                                                                                                                             

Many a club can fall into oblivion, it's how the club evolves to the situation that defines them. Turkish Cup Winners in 1988 and a member of the Süper Lig as recently as 06/07 the last few years haven't been so kind with the club dropping down to the fourth tier of Turkish Football. In a bid to return to previous heights the club in 2016 moved to a brand new 28,000 stadium built to Süper Lig and UEFA Standards , a statement of intent and following promotion to the TFF Second League there a press conference was called to announce the arrival of Hakan Can

Alongside Hakan , the clubs newest signing was also unveiled to the media , Serhat Çakmak a product of the famed Ajax Academy had agreed to join following been released from FC Utrecht. During the Interview Hakan expressed his visions of a heavy reliance on players who would qualify for the national side and that nothing other than promotion would be deemed good enough. Nomadic midfielder Sertaç Gökaltın arrived a few days later and was key in supplying Serhat Cakmak and his partner in crime Abdülkadir Akyıldız who would go on to win the leagues golden boot.

The league itself was a cakewalk and armed with a decent budget Sakaryaspor will be looking to make a decent fist of things within TFF First league. The main focus will be replacing my GK and DMC who are both 37 and on verge of retirement.  Elsewhere Beşiktaş won the double for a second successive season but as per usual Turkish clubs had little impact in european competitions

LLR’s L’Aquila Save

xdvvIiC2GTTGzwVV4MdGywhBJIVGuZSCRZ6RyA79Q6_limpWG3QtuUae5iAH6qEE16t_QopTFBjGMAmfNoQ0zojl-okBeVyk0YMLEmSmZfuWYRpNKT_dHcg2ax_sBGVOWvu-GzTj

2017/18 End of Season I Update

Brief Rundown

Serie C/B: 10th (Promotion Playoffs)

Serie C Cup: 3rd Round

Transfers: 33 In (€0) 11 Out (€0) 13 Loans

Finances:  € 600k (33rd in Italy)

Squad Stats: 1st Team, Under 20s, Under 18s

2018/19 End of Season II Update

Brief Rundown

Serie C/B: 7th (Promotion Playoffs)

Serie C Cup: Group Stage

Transfers: 17 In (€0) 27 Out (€250k) 3 Loans

Finances:  €0 (80th in Italy)

2019/20 End of Season III Update

Brief Rundown

Serie C/B: 6th (Promoted via Playoffs)

Serie C Cup: Semi-Final

Italian Cup: 2nd Qualifying Round

Transfers: 18 In (€0) 28 Out (€375k) 8 Loans

Finances:  € 0 (81st in Italy)

2020/21 End of Season IV Update

Brief Rundown

Serie B: 20th (Relegated)

Italian Cup: 3rd Qualifying Round

Transfers: 21 In (€375k), 24 Out (€125k), 13 Loans In, 11 Loans Out

Finances:  €1.3m (44th in Italy)

VMeO0FQceQ7zkKPeL9utCvb39RecHtXcJcSChJj7

ASD L'Aquila 1927

xdvvIiC2GTTGzwVV4MdGywhBJIVGuZSCRZ6RyA79

End of Season Update

Serie C/B 2021/22

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 1st

Actual: 2nd (Promotion Playoffs)

Serie C Cup: Quarterfinal vs Ancona

Coppa Italia: 1st Qualifying Round vs Renate (Pens)

The Manager: Jono Newton - History

Finances:  -€3.3M (82nd in ITA)

Season Tickets: 622 (NC), Avg Att: 2,047

The Squad: First Team, Under 20s, Under 18s

Transfers: 2021/22 - Loans (€1.865m profit)

The Season in General

Well this season didn’t go quite as expected, it should’ve seen us breaking even, especially with the amount of money we got in transfers, and the board only giving us 5% back from it as well. Overall I improved the squad again, and we should’ve been able to get promoted straight back up, we lost twice to Perugia which didn’t help, and then bombed in the playoffs.

The League

Our team should’ve gained promotion, we played great for long stretches of the season, led by an amazing 39 goals in 38 games by Coda, he was incredible upfront, but he won’t be back next season as I promised promotion and couldn’t get there. The players were some of the best in the league without question, I am hoping to get the loanees back next year, and hopefully strengthen the rest of the squad as well. If we can do even better we might be able to break some of the records in this league again.

Player Stats

Team Stats

The Cups

Didn’t go very well this season, we were out early in both of them.

The Club's History

League Records

L'Aquila Calcio 1927
Year Division Pos Serie C Cup Italian Cup Europe Achievements
2017/18 Serie C/B 10th 3rd Round N/A N/A Made Promotion Playoffs
2018/19 Serie C/B 7th Group Stage N/A N/A Made Promotion Playoffs
2019/20 Serie C/B 6th Semi-Final 2nd Qual Round N/A Promotion via Playoffs
2020/21 Serie B 20th N/A 3rd Qual Round N/A Relegated
2021/22 Serie C/B 2nd Quarter-Final 2nd Qual Round N/A Made Promotion Playoffs

Club Records & Competition History

All Records:

Most Points in a Season: 72

Most Wins in a Season: 22

Biggest Win: 4-0 vs Pordenone

Highest Transfer fee recieved: 725k for Asante (DL)

Most Season Goals: 43 (Massimo Coda)

Most Season league Goals: 37 (Massimo Coda)

Most Season Assists: 17 (Umberto Antonucci)

Youngest Player: 16yrs 56 Days (Sidney)

Oldest Player: 33yrs 195 Days (Massimo Coda)

Oldest Goalscorer: 33yrs 178 Days (Massimo Coda)

Competition history:

Under 20s Group 3: Winners 2018

Under 20s Group 4: Winners 2019, 2020

Under 18s Group 4: Winners 2022

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats

Key Players

Massimo Coda (ST) - An amazing season here for Coda, he managed to get 43 goals throughout the season, 37 in 38 league games to set a new league record, it will take a real effort to replace him, he is leaving due to not meeting the promise for him to gain promotion.

Vid Belec (GK) - Our defense wasn’t good enough, real part of our issue gaining promotion. But Belec made some epic saves throughout the season and got us home, he will also leave at the end of the season though, due to the same promise.

Umberto Antonucci (AML) - Was in on loan for the season, he was the leading provider of assists, mostly to Coda in the middle. Is going to be a big missing piece for our next season.

Layousse Diallo (DC) - A good season in the middle at the back, but as mentioned we conceded too often, we need help back here.

Alberto Tarabusi (AMR) - Another loanee on the other wing, he finished with 12 goals and 13 assists as the final part to our front three.

Youth to Watch

Sidney (MC) - He played a few games through the season, is only 16, but looked to fit in with the team.

U20s: Under 20s Stats

Group 4 - Runners up this season in a good run

U18s: Under 18s Stats

Group 4 - Our Under 18s won the league this time around

The Best of the Best

Caps   Goals   Assists  
Gecchele, Pietro 143 Coda, Massimo 52 Gecchele, Pietro 20
Marino, Lucas 90 Smrtnik, Ziga 33 Antonucci, Umberto 17
Feola, Ivano 87 Butic, Karlo 23 Pittnauer, Michael 16
Lauro, Michele 86 Schiavi, Nicolas 16 Coda, Massimo 15
Spinozzi, Emanuele 84 Pittnauer, Michael 13 Tarabusi, Alberto 13
PoM   Clean Sheets   Avg Rating  
Coda, Massimo 15 Feola, Ivano 28 Coda, Massimo 7.39
Gecchele, Pietro 10 Faggiano, Stefano 15 Antonucci, Umberto 7.26
H'Maidat, Ismail 8 Belec, Vid 14 Simoes, Joao 7.21
Pittnauer, Michael 6 Massolo, Samuele 3 Tarabusi, Alberto 7.2
Smirtnik, Zigal 6 Crispino, Diamante 2 Diallo, Layousse 7.17

The 100+ Club

Peter Gechele (143*)

The Awards

L'Aquila

Fans PoY: Massimo Coda

Goal of Season: Umberto Antonucci

Signing of Season: Mimito Biai (Free)

Young PoY: Umberto Antonucci

Best XI: Belec, Simoes, Diallo, Nascimento, Badan, Canessa, Cappiello, Tarabusi, Biai, Antonucci, Coda

Subs: Silva, Diaby, Bordin, Portanova, Guerrini, Del Fabro, De Santis

All Time XI: Feola, Gecchele, Marino, Serperi, Asante, Lauro, Maietti, Spinozzi, Pittnauer, Antonucci, Coda

Subs: Belec, Burgy, H’Maidat, Tarabusi, Smrtnik, Smioes, Kyeremateng

Serie C/B

Player of Year: Massimo Coda (1st), Umberto Antonucci (3rd)

Top Goalscorer: Massimo Coda (37)

Team of Year: Diallo, Biai, Coda

Thoughts of the Future

Predicted Finish: 1st

Expectations: Win the title

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Archived