[FM17]We've turned into a Monster....

BoxToBox

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, King Costly said:

Great read so far, original idea and presented really well. 

Bad luck with Besuschkow but it's a chance for somebody else to step up.

Cheers! Ortega will get more minutes, but he's not half the passer or attacker in general, but is much quicker.

5e4efeaa363e8944d09ad16623a4d222.png

Started November well, but you can see we hit a real nasty streak starting with Besus' injury. His injury wasn't the only problem mind, it was a run of very difficult games, combined with missing not only him, but my best LB Alba, and my other key CM Bakalorz. Still, plenty of upside, that Bayern game we lead for a while and it took a 94th minute winner to down us, a few days before that they lashed 8 past St.Pauli, a team that was expected to do better than us(we're predicted 18th).

The BMG game was special though, a top 5 team, hammered on their own ground. They played a 5-2-1-2 WB formation which is one of my favourites, so I had a good plan on how to beat it.

We concede a lot from crosses, which is partially due to leaving ourselves short on the wings, but I think our defence could be doing better. I may have to change something, but I don't particularly want to shake up a tactic that is working so well in most games to control possession and pretty much always gives us a chance of scoring.

a48139beb289eb06736eed7b2ba582c8.png

Leaves the window like this at the break, which is delightful, but still, it's quite amazing to think we could have done better......

That's a great start to the season mate.

If you can continue to consolidate, then next year you should really be able to make some progress. :)

Not that you haven't made fantastic progress already. :D

How are RBL doing in 2.Bundesliga?

Cheers guys! I've been delighted with the progress!

1 hour ago, davehibb said:

How are RBL doing in 2.Bundesliga?

They were leading the league for a while, but they've settled into the chasing pack, they sold too many key players in the summer(135m worth!) and it's hard to recover from that.

5 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Cheers guys! I've been delighted with the progress!

They were leading the league for a while, but they've settled into the chasing pack, they sold too many key players in the summer(135m worth!) and it's hard to recover from that.

Ouch, sounds like they will struggle to make it back. :(

Transfer window was relatively quiet, by my standards.

22ee8c6e45c918fb9664083317d71d95.png

Hubner wanted out when clubs were showing interest, and I wasn't too fussed about losing him, 3m profit is lovely too.

Fredriksen had just shown the bare signs of tutoring starting to work, his determination raised from 7 to 8, and his lack of professionalism on his report had changed from red to orange. Crazy money to turn down, though.

9b528b749204b4757ef4e516edc08023.png

Latest flow of US kids come in, this will slow up now as our standards raise.

Josh Lisch is here to be a tutor, soon as he turns 24. He's fairly rubbish as a player, but maybe has room to become useful.

Klostermann is real class, and I'm delighted he's come to us after a disappointing 6 months in France. He's really handy as when crosses come in from the opposite wing, he's another large defender in the box(besides the rest of his quality). A 24m release clause isn't ideal, mind...

Hanna returned to Leverkusen after 2 years on loan with us(I had a 3.5m option I didn't use), after one app in 6 months he was quite unhappy and available for just over half the earlier deal, a no brainer replacement for Hubner(as well as being able to cover on the left or midfield). Also, since he's been with us so long, and only turned 21 *after* the transfer was confirmed, at season's end he counts as homegrown at club.

The Klostermann deal also brought out Frieburg's manager moaning about youth development before our fixture, so I went into full Rafa Benitez "Facht" mode....

1898055539b48f84c43c97fa094581cc.png

Aye, curse us and our moneybag ways....

e1b5408d0df55fb320d68bc37b8fc097.png

bde53ce5e240a7d3eed6cd7807b2fbda.png

:idiot:

We won the game 1-0, a goal by 20 year old Dombrowski, who's been playing with us since the 3rd division, and will be club grown at end of season. Old man Klostermann had a fine debut with it...

5 hours ago, davehibb said:

Klosterman is quality.

Just got his first cap for me in season 3.

He was a must buy for me in any German save in 16.

3 hours ago, facman said:

Is it wrong that I immediately started humming

"Klostermann, Klostermann,

Does whatever a Klostermann does..."

to the tune of Spiderman, whilst thinking about Homer Simpson?

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

Youth intake day!

4f9f0333dd04fe503458d7b9e59cee3e.png

Some good results there, mixed in with an appalling Frankfurt game, unlucky Hoffenheim game and to be honest, I should have played a more wary, countering game than just going for it. Won't get any easier with Dortmund away up next.

e212907ef509afc5a84ccadf4d12a620.png

We've fallen back a tad, but are still in touching distance of Europe, which is far better than should have happened this season.

1aee094d622c0db7b78f5310a6f03804.jpg

They're all rubbish barring Haller. I'll pick up Fritsch, Hamann and Botzenhardt too, on the off chance.

42b733af0a033597bf523422c4276204.png

If Botzenhardt here actually hits his PA, he could be a useful player, to be fair. Massive lack of Professionalism, though, that we'll have to try and grind out of him.

024b24db01acc5bc7a5134e10fb3ce54.png

Haller is the star of the show, but comes with problems(not Professionalism thankfully). First Touch, Technique, Anticipation, Decisions, Determination are all good, and he's not slow. Rare for intakes he naturally a "wrong-footed" wide player which I'd usually adore.

He's not got the raw pace to stay out wide though, crossing, dribbling(or shooting  for an IF). Nor has he the passing and vision to stay in the middle. Off the ball, teamwork and work rate are all problems for any role.

So, he has a lot of work on, and I really need to quickly decide where his future lies, and there's a reason for that....

b4b05d5451db35a4b8ea73d877534684.png

:eek:

A generational talent! If he didn't have such confusing holes in his game, I'd literally be already reshaping the squad and tactics for his arrival....

As an aside, after the first season, I picked this lad up from RW Essen for 60k, as the scouts raved about him....

llu.png

Not only has he had some of the finest growth, he's murdering the youth teams, 28 in 20 uncompetitive, 26 in 16 U-19's, averaging 8.2.

4 hours ago, facman said:

Is it wrong that I immediately started humming

"Klostermann, Klostermann,

Does whatever a Klostermann does..."

to the tune of Spiderman, whilst thinking about Homer Simpson?

I'd be bitterly disappointed if this wasn't turned into a chant, considering the crap FGR were giving the poor Dagenham keeper :lol:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/songs_and_chants/245887/youre-just-a-****-tesco-sandwich-forest-green-fans-devise-brilliant-chant-for-dagenham-keeper-elliott-justham.html

15 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

I'd be bitterly disappointed if this wasn't turned into a chant, considering the crap FGR were giving the poor Dagenham keeper :lol:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/songs_and_chants/245887/youre-just-a-****-tesco-sandwich-forest-green-fans-devise-brilliant-chant-for-dagenham-keeper-elliott-justham.html

Brilliant!

31 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

:lol: Brilliant!

@deltablue @noikeee After you two mentioning Czech talent in Delta's thread, I though I had to point this guy out, talent hunting I spotted him listed as Dortmund's hottest prospect....

ab978da3bbbcfa8775b812222616bc8b.jpg

Crazy physical and mental attributes for a 16 year old, and all they paid was 1.2m and a loan back to original club Slovacko. He'll be a nightmare for defences yet....

A month and four games to go, normally I wouldn't post an update at this point, but it's a bit different....

f50bb84d910b14895cd43e496f582e7a.png

We took out Dortmund, and flew into form! The Hertha loss is very disappointing, though expected. They gave us trouble all last season, and are the ones that beat RBL in the Relegation/Promotion playoff. These results alone wouldn't be much interesting, but where it leaves us in the table....

2b2e3f7c17cd093b4fef171ce0d126ec.png

5th! A point behind BMG, and we hold the tiebraker so would be ahead of them if we equal points..... So, how's our run in?

run.png

Yup, straight to the just crowned champions to start a nightmare month..... Hopefully they're still hungover from celebrating. If we reach the final day in the mix, Hannover are very likely to already be relegated, so should be a routine fixture....... "Should."

f7c7fcfcfbf0a9d32faac50b3f837c4b.png

We won, as expected.

7c48773b3fb9d49334fd45060e9c25ce.png

BMG won, as expected. :(

3adc7d9ac10cafc2fcc0c46ae90a9bc5.png

... and Leverkusen took an absolute caning, I didn't realise until after that this was their fixture!

After a month of neck and neck, harsh battle for that 4th spot, Leverkusen choked the run in and drop out of the CL spots leaving BMG 3rd and us 4th! :lol:

70cb1a3b488d06bb6dd546e8f0a7d09f.png

Bayern were indeed still hung over, and we played out a draw where the only exciting part was both teams being reduced to 10 men. The Leverkusen result was mindblowing, Feigenspan was a man on a mission. The Schalke game was interesting in that despite the fact we have 4(!!!) rightbacks, all were injured and Bakalorz had to play there for a game.

c1891f2035a875c71f016343b55bed5d.jpg

All in all a fine season, way beyond expectations. Yet to find out if Stuttgart are relegated or not.

dcf9292212c39853afc0e681046f37a1.png2b5c44a964967571492ae57c207009c8.png

That's pretty much my starting 11, barring Klostermann. As for match of the season, you'd think pounding Leverkusen for six, BMG for four, or beating Dortmund 3-1 away would be more impressive.... The 0-0 with Bayern is probably my fave though, as that was well beyond expectations and kept us in the mix for CL.

3f6a8671e6ec155edf9e845e27b4275c.png

Actually quite angry with this, 9m and 80k spare wages. This is basically what I had remaining from last season's budget, with a boost to the wages. Especially annoying considering....

cc0714e831d573792fa436a0811485a5.png

More than enough to give me 20-25m to spend, I do need to increase the quality of the backups, and more importantly we need mids. Ristl hasn't pulled up any trees, nor has Meffert, so I'm not sure I'll keep either. Abu Hanna may be moved there full time, I could promote a good CB prospect.

:seagull:

354bb89695ba3284e70f9a7d45e7d6fe.pnga90e37aec789dd8481cd96d9e76f0d35.png

I asked them to expand the stadium, as we were cramming our 15,050 capacity weekly. They agree and I get a message that there's an expansion planned, and it;ll cost 7m, next day I get the message that it'll cost 11.25m, albeit with more seats, very next message is that they're also planning a new stadium.... Either something's dodgy, or the chairman likes his drugs.

EDIT: Stuttgart are indeed relegated, by a team that sneaked into the playoff spot of the 2. Bundesliga on the final day of the season....

cadc1cc7fccfe81fe991bd3815478766.png

The hyper derby is finally set to happen.....

2 hours ago, MadCatPT said:

Congrats on 4th place, that gives access to CL qualifying?

Yup, we're in the CL, somehow.

2 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

How have you done that? :D 

I wish I knew! Gotta give half the credit to Leverkusen, a -10 goal swing in the final month...

4 hours ago, davehibb said:

Congrats mate. Your guys more than held their nerve in those last four fixtures!

Nice to see Die Roten Bullen returning to the top flight too! ;)

I'm as excited that they're back as I am for us getting a CL spot.

Well, we return after an epic season to a season of great promise, the potential of Champions League football, we're moving up in the world, and finally the rivalry that the save is built upon can kick off, what could go wrong?

080c3ece6ae1082b3ebc666f1b979f4b.png

Some excellent consistency on pitch, after I drove the team through a harsh 11 game preseason. A nightmare CL draw on paper, Feigenspan ripped that paper to shreds in his continued effort to defy his 2.5 star 2nd Div. rating by the staff.

20ce9fe74d963d9708f78a0bdbd19b93.png

Which leaves us comfortable in the table to start with.

988851a3f676a57096a04598f0bc5d79.png

Fairly nasty CL group though!

So, we come to the meat of the summer, and the most important transfer window of this young clubs history. We sell a 50% on a player for 2m, and ask for a slight bump in funds during John Drake's contract negotiations, which left us with a lovely 14m and 90k wage surplus. I could work with this!

What did I need? Mainly a 1st choice holding mid, but also better depth at defensive forward, but I could have strengthened many places.

ea6967035a0269f86993f419dd655695.png

What did I get? Nothing, nada, zip. You lose! Good day sir!

What you see there is the usual poaching of prospects.

Yannick Gerhardt was available for 7.75m unhappy with relegation, and honestly I was mostly interested in his versatility, but he wanted to be paid a separate wage for each position...... He's not at Derby, earning a wage I'd have happily matched, but also offered CL football....

Marc Oliver Kempf was available transfer listed for 4.1m, but injury prone which I didn't mind, but mainly his agent wouldn't accept more than a 17m release clause which was completely unacceptable, along with not being very negotiable wage wise. He's now on loan at Derby....

Christian Pulisic was available, and we had a eye watering 23m deal in place(it was a struggle to negotiate), but he wanted 85k a week...... He moves to Chelsea, where he'll likely face the same lack of football that saw him leave Bayern. Also Dortmund.....

Johannes Geis was available, transfer listed for 5m, and a desperation shout as he doesn't seep particularly impressive, but he thought we were beneath him. He played in the Super Cup this year, that's uhh, something!

David Selke was transfer listed at PSG, for 15m, but again believes we're beneath him, Stoke look the likely contender for his signature in January.

:ackter:

So, um, good news then?

Tobias Kirchhoff moves from the U-19's to the first team, that's like a signing, right? Right!?!

I do expect him to displace Barry before the season ends.

We managed to fend off Leverkusen for Trevino, after they sold Jonathan Tah to Man Utd.

Joel Abu Hanna has become our holding mid.... I do think he'll work well there, though, it was something I had considered regardless of my hand being forced.

Meffert's loan has been extended, two more years.

What about all those youths that came in?

Robert Unsold actually does look a potential star, exciting prospect, despite his lacking technicals.

Kevin Tran actually looks fairly useful too! Which is good, as due to Hanna's switch, the lad is 3rd in the CB depth chart....

I'm actually incredibly unhappy with the transfer window, to be honest, that's football though, we'll move on and hopefully repeat last season's great season.

2574c6bc4614b271e079ebef5b191881.png

No matter what, they'll never take away the fact that we have the best staff team in the business. :D

Ouch, that CL group is going to be tough! That's the problem with being a bottom seed. I think your main aim should be to try to qualify again for next year, so that your European rating goes up and maybe you can get out of the bottom seed group. Good start in the league so far, although its early days.

Question, when you won the title + Champions league (which should be easily done in a few years because of the stupid high amounts of price money in germany) will you continue the save ?

10 hours ago, Torminator said:

Just read the name of one of your regens 'Robert Unsold', thats hilarious. You know you can never sell him right?

Thankfully Stuttgart didn't feel the same.

42 minutes ago, Alerion said:

Question, when you won the title + Champions league (which should be easily done in a few years because of the stupid high amounts of price money in germany) will you continue the save ?

I think the aim should be to hit number one in the world rep rankings.

28 minutes ago, LPQR said:

impressive progress here :) how has Max turned out for you so far? 

Not quite the talent he was for you, but still quality and a very important part of the team. Especially good at overlapping the AMC and punching holes in the defence, or keeping things ticking over when there isn't space for that.

fc9f4320fcdb4e8a2d7e1622d330c680.png

No new players, no problem!

https://i.gyazo.com/8ebabaa43e0139ed333e51dfb1e6f922.png

We've been on some pretty monstrous form, that's for sure! The Dortmund result was a surprise as we were tired and in the middle of a nasty run of fixtures, nasty enough that I just threw all the backups in against BMG and decided to eat the loss. Marvin Frisch had a better idea, mind..... We've been mostly good in Europe too, but that PSV game was the most fluky win you'd ever see!

bede8b0f3b7545209ae73b4046c837e3.png

Which catapults us into second! We'll drop off no doubt, if we're lucky we'll hold behind Bayern, but an excellent position to be in! RBL have disappointed massively! Especially bad as they've spent 45m, I think it's mostly junk though.

As for Europe, well, despite Barca beating us handily, they haven't won against the other two, leaving so far a wide open table!

b348c19474dd22a0c453f87d2453bd67.png

Certainly didn't expect this! If we can catch Benfica and PSV cold again, we may have out European future decided before having to face Barca again, probably not, but it'd be nice to go into that game at ease rather than needing something.

Looking ahead at the winter window in a few months, and there's still not much on the market, currently the only player who is both interested and interesting, is Timo Werner.

https://i.gyazo.com/e714dcd3580b19c704849bf09359f951.png

He's not really developed well, though, and would basically cost me the bones of the available budget.

Archived