[FM17]We've turned into a Monster....

BoxToBox

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Aye, it's a shame, it'd be interesting to pop an MLS Monster up, but a bit pointless to just take over any old MLS club.

How about a Chinese monster club? :D In FM17 the top Chinese teams have finally been given financial muscle!

If you use the pack linked below you can get NINE (9!) league levels to China, that should give you a real challenge...

What I've kinda noticed playing in the Belgian 6th division is that player attributes seem to "bottom out" at a certain point. I guess their CA can only go so low.

Even in the Belgian 6th division you most commonly see players with most attributes at 6-11, with a few skills at 12-15 if you're lucky. I think basically you get the same players as what is generated when you play a "gray team" in a first round cup or something similar :) 

26 minutes ago, noikeee said:

So is this challenge completed and career over? With Man Utd coming 5th in the league I was now getting curious as to who would you play in the Champions League final next year. :D

Pretty much, there's not much else that can be done with it unless I switch to a youth only challenge which would probably be too easy in Germany with untold riches a maxed out academy and already a handful of world class homegrown youth.

As for the CL, I'd almost have put money on it being Man City. :lol:

3 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Dukla Praha save, the target being to have non-domestic kit sales in excess of...err...$2 million? 

I love getting that stat each year. I'm also away my laptop, so that number has been plucked out of thin air.

:idiot:

Jesus, you don't set half a challenge! :lol:

23 minutes ago, WeegieFM said:

@BoxToBox what an absolutely sensational career! Baubner is probably the best regen I have ever seen! We got another challenged lined up? I don't really know where you go after this right enough!!!

Had an idea, but gone a bit cool on it.

Thinking now just a regular save in one of the non big-5 Euro countries, like Switzerland, Austria, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, etc, or even a youth-only in one of them.

5 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Dukla Praha save, the target being to have non-domestic kit sales in excess of...err...$2 million? 

I love getting that stat each year. I'm also away my laptop, so that number has been plucked out of thin air.

:idiot:

All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit

9 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Just caught up with this. Unbelievable is the only way I can put it!

From the German Third Division to the biggest club in the world in what, 11 years? That's pretty special :D 

Cheers, the most amazing thing I think, was Jake Trevino, arrived in the first summer at 18 in the third division, took the starting spot, and was a key player for the entire 11 seasons. It was a close cut thing too, as he was chased at points by Juventus and Man Utd.

30 minutes ago, Ceching You Out said:

Well done @BoxToBox! Only trouble is you've finished much too quickly :lol:.

I honestly expected it to not only take longer, but for me to go slower, but I had a lot of free time, and plenty more coming up.

31 minutes ago, Ceching You Out said:

My vote (I may be a bit biased) is for a youth-only challenge in an unfamiliar league.

20 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Seconded! (I also may be a bit biased).

I was thinking Hungary but I've managed there before, for two seasons on FMT. Something more unfamiliar than that?

26 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I honestly expected it to not only take longer, but for me to go slower, but I had a lot of free time, and plenty more coming up.

I was thinking Hungary but I've managed there before, for two seasons on FMT. Something more unfamiliar than that?

How does something like the Faroe Islands sound? ;) 

If you're not a grinder, you may not want to go that tiny unless you're looking for a few decades with a single club. But there's a lot to be said for somewhere like Poland, Belarus, or Slovenia. The other countries you mentioned are good options too if you're looking for more of a head start.

Norway isn't a bad shout either -- Oslo City FC has always sounded like a blast given they're a heavily multi-cultural club that would bring through a lot of African and Middle Eastern dual nationalities. They're currently just outside the playable divisions, but that could be remedied by downloading a custom league or reloading after holidaying until they appear.

I downloaded an extra countries pack, and I've loaded up the Faroe Islands, so hope to have a thread up today/tomorrow. At the moment trying to figure out how to do all the bookkeeping(and what needs recording), as I've never done a save like this before. Well, I've done the odd youth save, with Crewe and Heerenveen, but never with a thread, bookkeeping, tagging and the like.

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I downloaded an extra countries pack, and I've loaded up the Faroe Islands, so hope to have a thread up today/tomorrow. At the moment trying to figure out how to do all the bookkeeping(and what needs recording), as I've never done a save like this before. Well, I've done the odd youth save, with Crewe and Heerenveen, but never with a thread, bookkeeping, tagging and the like.

When you say bookkeaping, what specifically are you referring to? I pretty much made mine up as I went along :lol: 

Just now, Jupjamie said:

When you say bookkeaping, what specifically are you referring to? I pretty much made mine up as I went along :lol: 

Recording the finances, club rep, facilities and the like as they rise and fall.

4 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Youth only in Kazahkstan.

:ackter:

Dang, Borat: Football Manager is a great idea too!

Archived