When will be the data locked for FM17?

It varies, not just in what SI decide but also on how well something itself can be researched in whatever window is available. Something may happen before the data lock, and there is an awareness of it, but may not necessarily make it due to factors like not being able to get the whole story straight.

• 1 month later...

So hopefully - despite the data lock - Moussa Dembele (Celtic)'s superb form will be reflected in FM17.

5 goals in last 3 apps, as total 12 goals in 16 apps this season (so far). I'm hopeful since we benefit the goodness of Steam. Things are obviously not same with the old 'disc' days.

2 hours ago, talhak said:

So hopefully - despite the data lock - Moussa Dembele (Celtic)'s superb form will be reflected in FM17.

5 goals in last 3 apps, as total 12 goals in 16 apps this season (so far). I'm hopeful since we benefit the goodness of Steam. Things are obviously not same with the old 'disc' days.

Unless there is an obvious mistake in any player's attributes, it is highly unlikely that there will be any attribute changes till the next transfer window update

• Administrators

Yeah generally we're quite conservative about making major changes to players based on a fairly limited number of games. Dembele scored 15 goals in the Championship for a side within that league that were much weaker than Celtic obviously are in the SPL.  A number of people would also suggest the Championship is a harder league than the SPL (especially for those teams that aren't Celtic!) so his goalscoring record so far needs to be taken in perspective, even if he did score against strong teams in the CL.

52 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah generally we're quite conservative about making major changes to players based on a fairly limited number of games. Dembele scored 15 goals in the Championship for a side within that league that were much weaker than Celtic obviously are in the SPL.  A number of people would also suggest the Championship is a harder league than the SPL (especially for those teams that aren't Celtic!) so his goalscoring record so far needs to be taken in perspective, even if he did score against strong teams in the CL.

that's it! He is an exciting youngster indeed as we have seen against big teams this season.

I think it's right to be conserverative on Dembele. He seems to have scored an unsustainably high proportion of his chances so far this season which will inevitably drop off unless he gets himself in the right position more often. Definitely too early to say he's a better player than we thought rather than just in good form.

I always start my saves with the initial transfer season off as a sort of attempt at data integrity - it's like I'm picking up before the season with the team just as it was left off without getting an unrealistically duplicated chance at transfers. That being said, I've always wondered at what point the data was locked in - is there not a hard date, say the last day of the transfer window? For example, FM17 will start with Sam still in charge of England as that is how this season began, no?

1 hour ago, Weston said:

I always start my saves with the initial transfer season off as a sort of attempt at data integrity - it's like I'm picking up before the season with the team just as it was left off without getting an unrealistically duplicated chance at transfers. That being said, I've always wondered at what point the data was locked in - is there not a hard date, say the last day of the transfer window? For example, FM17 will start with Sam still in charge of England as that is how this season began, no?

There doesn't seem to be a hard date. There's probably an internal one where the data is confirmed, but it can be altered after that if something particularly major happens such as a managerial change.

2 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

There doesn't seem to be a hard date. There's probably an internal one where the data is confirmed, but it can be altered after that if something particularly major happens such as a managerial change.

Why should data be altered, though? If something major happens after the season has started shouldn't that be left undone for our go at the same circumstances?

13 minutes ago, Weston said:

Why should data be altered, though? If something major happens after the season has started shouldn't that be left undone for our go at the same circumstances?

Not really. I'm guessing the average person who buys FM wants it to be as up-to-date as possible.

6 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Not really. I'm guessing the average person who buys FM wants it to be as up-to-date as possible.

You want to start a game in July that has the transfer updates from the following January..? Could be cool to start a game in January with the January updates, but...

7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The official db has to be locked at some point, but there are third party updates available for any change that has not made it into the starting db.

Will we be told / able to find out what date / group of dates that lock point is upon release? Would you ever mix and match different dates for different things?

7 minutes ago, Swillo said:

After a quick search on the twitter, last years data lock was 8th October so Allardyce should be gone.

Oh damn, okay then. Maybe in the future we could be given the option to start our saves with a database from the date we start playing, or the last day of the transfer window, or the first day of the season, or the latest possible point etc.?

28 minutes ago, Weston said:

Which is weird, I mean it's strange that the database could essentially erase an entire managerial term from history.

If they have him in database as having been England manager then it will have to be without him taking charge of any games, unless they can set it up so that he is gone after 1 game (67 days).

On 9/29/2016 at 11:50, Weston said:

You want to start a game in July that has the transfer updates from the following January..? Could be cool to start a game in January with the January updates, but...

I've always wondered how difficult it would be to generate a subversion of the database that basically reverted any changes before a certain point, say the winter transfer window, so you could do just that. But if it meant hardcoding two different sets of dates for IRL transfers/extensions/hires/etc., I can see why it might not be worth it. 

1 hour ago, terrier26 said:

Will the early season form of Huddersfield Town be reflected in the player stats in new FM 2017?

Data is based upon a longer period than that generally speaking.. there is an evolution in players stats rather than revolution.

Archived