[FM16] Fiorentin-o? Never heard of them! A copycat youth challenge

smp20

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...I, I don't know what to say.

I'm not sure which is a crazier feat, reaching the final as SAN MARINO or losing 10-0 in the final. I need some time to process this.

PS, the Euro squad update was incredible and my favorite post yet. You have a knack for this. :thup:

That final must have been heartbreaking. Nothing wrong with defeat, but that scoreline. :(

It really was. I'm trying to be positive after such a good run but I don't think I've ever lost 10-0 before!

...I, I don't know what to say.

I'm not sure which is a crazier feat, reaching the final as SAN MARINO or losing 10-0 in the final. I need some time to process this.

PS, the Euro squad update was incredible and my favorite post yet. You have a knack for this. :thup:

I need some time to process it too. I've just watched the goals from all the games in the tournament. It was great fun to watch again until the final, where those 10 goals were torture...

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the squad post. I thought it would be good to show all the players :)

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads on here. It's probably the most remarkable progress I've seen in any thread, and to have such amazing success on both the club and national team fronts is truly mindblowing. I mean... a Euro final? With San Marino? No way. Keep up the great work. :)

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads on here. It's probably the most remarkable progress I've seen in any thread, and to have such amazing success on both the club and national team fronts is truly mindblowing. I mean... a Euro final? With San Marino? No way. Keep up the great work. :)

Thank you oriole01 :) whether I can keep it up I'm not sure, I can just hope we keep getting good prospects coming through. Our first 'golden' generation are now in their late 20s/early 30s so it won't be long until some of my favourite names will no longer be around :(

This ^. Wtf?

It really is nuts....I played the QF, SF and Final on the train...the people around me must have thought I was nuts!

Haha I did the same today too. Just not a set of games as big as yours! Really unlucky though, just a phenomenal run. I scrolled slowly as I was reading it to try and have a guess at the scoreline and just kept scrolling in disbelief. And then, sorry to say, burst out laughing when I saw 10-0. Just so cruel :(

FC_Fiorentino_logo.png

52e0e932e8b827ab3911c939be943b5e.png

In all the Euros excitement I forgot to take my usual end of season screenshots for Fiorentino for the update. We won the league and cup again, 19-2-0 in the league stage. See above the progress tracker. We are in a very healthy financial position. Interestingly, the other SM sides are all 2* rep as well bar one, and all bar one have new stadiums. We face Bala Town in the CL 2nd Qual Round, should be comfortably through.

Haha I did the same today too. Just not a set of games as big as yours! Really unlucky though, just a phenomenal run. I scrolled slowly as I was reading it to try and have a guess at the scoreline and just kept scrolling in disbelief. And then, sorry to say, burst out laughing when I saw 10-0. Just so cruel :(

I think we had a somewhat lucky run to the final and then faced a motivated, world class side. Our whole squad is worth less than £7m, Italy's is over £500m. It is the first real time that a team has managed to completely negate our system, defensively and offensively. 10-0 in a final is just pure insanity, could you imagine it :D

Haha, well I think if the Euro 2016 final was France vs San Marino, then yes...yes I could ;)

Going back to Fiorentino, how have you accumulated so much money? Is that all through player sales?

Haha yes, the real life SM side would probably end up in the end of a drubbing...

The last few seasons it has been purely CL money. We've never really sold players for high values.

Haha yes, the real life SM side would probably end up in the end of a drubbing...

The last few seasons it has been purely CL money. We've never really sold players for high values.

Ah yes I misread your progress as being qualifying rounds, not group stages. That'll be why then. Lovely job mate, keep it up :thup:

Amazing run in Euros, but what a game in the Finals against Italy.:) I'm very pleased with the coach's performance as long as they're given a ticket to the Confederations Cup if Italy won the World Cup or being the hosts. Probably, the biggest achievement in the history of the golden generation of San Marino NT. I would probably wait to see who's the Top 25 after UEFA Euro 2032.

Ah yes I misread your progress as being qualifying rounds, not group stages. That'll be why then. Lovely job mate, keep it up :thup:

Cheers :)

Amazing run in Euros, but what a game in the Finals against Italy.:) I'm very pleased with the coach's performance as long as they're given a ticket to the Confederations Cup if Italy won the World Cup or being the hosts. Probably, the biggest achievement in the history of the golden generation of San Marino NT. I would probably wait to see who's the Top 25 after UEFA Euro 2032.

Thanks sherwinriga, though I'm not sure if we would get the Confed...the World Cup is being held in China. Here are the rankings of the top 20:

3uDFYjD.png

what's the youth level for San Marino hard coded as?

I'm not sure, but I would imagine pretty low. I know that the state of importance is completely useless :p

Just realised I have forgotten to update the spreadsheet, we have had fairly basic recruitment for the past 3 seasons (i think) as well.

Honestly, I had just qualified from the CL group stages then this happens:

8cxd40H.jpg

My laptop wont even load up now, not giving any options to restore.

That would be awful if you lost it!

Recovered and I've only lost 3 games....though 2 of those games are important CL ones that previously I won 2-0 on both occasions.

58357287099bf96d7ae546ab568c2d66.png

This was our route to the group stages.

ccb7a8f703db8b7e1218405f33d90e8c.png

This is where I am now. I really can't see us beating Man City 2-0 again, the current holders!

9c9a7c689bc5d45b75a3d25e462ed167.png

No way...once...but never thought we'd be able to do it again. Bloody hell!!!

a49d573056e00a7fe0acf5d0417fb636.png

The FM gods are smiling down on us. Last time round, we finished 2nd. This time Red Bull beat Sporting meaning that we ended up winning the group! Man City end up bottom, disgraceful from the holders.

Oh wow. It's absolutely ludicrous how successful you are with this squad. I mean, skill-wise, it can't be more talented than Man City. Your tactics must be top class. Incidentally could I copy / get inspiration from your tactics? My current HJK (Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi) run could use a fresh injection.

Oh wow. It's absolutely ludicrous how successful you are with this squad. I mean, skill-wise, it can't be more talented than Man City. Your tactics must be top class. Incidentally could I copy / get inspiration from your tactics? My current HJK (Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi) run could use a fresh injection.

Hi Adonalsium, thank you I am very happy with my tactics. They're based on Ranieri's Leicester mixed with Arrigo Sacchi, of whom I created a really good tactic on FM13. You can find a link to download my tactic here, feel free to mess around with it and let me know how you get on :)

What a result!

Last time round it was better, 2-0 win and we had more chances, thanks to them being down to 10 men, but I will certainly take a 2-1 win in Manchester! Winning the group with just 9 points and -5 GD is just silly :)

b278a326c0f3973dca294bc6376e6339.png

The best side we could have drawn were Fenerbahce, whereas the worst was Bayern. We've drawn Spurs, who are a decent side. Currently, we've never won a European knockout game.

Will you be doing a thread or updating on the challenges forums? I got a new laptop in October 2013.....FM14 got a lot of game time!!

Frankly, that depends on what I choose to do! I'll probably try and do a full-blown save in here, instead of within the strict confines of a challenge. That will allow some flexibility as the save progresses if I need to spice things up a bit (i.e., take on international management, so that it becomes a club/country challenge). Laptop shipped today, so I'll have it sometime next week...

I remain absolutely blown away by your progress -- your 2032 regens are class, through and through. Shame about the 10-nil reverse to Italy, but making the final is extremely impressive in and of itself! Tremendous work!!!

Blown away by your progress! It borders on absurd. Congrats!

Quite interesting to see how the entire league has improved, rising tides and all that. Looks like you've got enough forward momentum now that there's no worries of stalling out.

Thanks all

:)

My computer blue screened and I've ended up having to play the Spurs game again. Not quite as prolific but we got through:

c607678ac61dff8f65590996a25dfabe.png

6b09c34a744cd39d5d607c453bdacecf.png

A tough tie against one of the most successful sides in Europe, although they haven't been quite as strong in the last 3 seasons. If I had to pick a team to face it would have been Porto

World Cup Qualifying Draw

28d0be4d1681279832095ab8de6c9ebd.png

6cbadeb4e80c791c3249d8103778962c.png

Certainly not an easy group, but a group we can qualify from for sure. We will be well up for beating Scotland who narrowly topped our group in 2030 qualifying.

Archived