Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Cheers johnny/emgergo[/b. icon14.gif

"A membrane protein is a protein molecule that is attached to, or associated with the membrane of a cell or an organelle. More than half of all proteins interact with membranes. Membrane proteins can be classified into two groups, based on the strength of their association with the membrane."

johnny I'm not surprised you became bored. icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Storzy:

I'm calling it a day for this challenge untill well get the next patch at least. I just can't face a long term game with it as it is

Storzy there are a fair few waiting for the Patch before we all get our teeth into this challenge. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

"A membrane protein is a protein molecule that is attached to, or associated with the membrane of a cell or an organelle. More than half of all proteins interact with membranes. Membrane proteins can be classified into two groups, based on the strength of their association with the membrane."

johnny I'm not surprised you became bored. icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Amazing what 'Wiki' can through up. icon_biggrin.gif

I've either made my stupidest loan ever or my instincts were right.

There's this guy, a young pacey striker, gifted with very good technique as well. He's from the youth academy of my parent team Domzale. He had been on loan at Bela Krajina last year, a team which we met 5 times - he scored 6 goals against us, causing havoc in my defence.

Loan period was off, he returned with a broken thigh to Domzale.

I've loaned him. The guy is out for approximately 2 more months (a month's gone from the season already). I knew that he would surely miss the first third of the league, but when (and if...) he recovers, he'll be more valuable than all my other strikers together.

I'm really curious how the loan will turn out to be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

I cant believe it. First season I won the 3rd division and now second season I have been in great form recently and am up to 2nd. Already have secured a play off place at least since I won the 2nd period of the league. But now my game has got a bug. Array access out of bounds keeps coming up when I think I am about to get a new contract. I hate you SI. Ruined my game.

I'm sorry to hear that icon_frown.gif . Hopefully the patch will fix it.

Have you tried reloading from your last save to see if you are getting the same happen (this has worked for me in the past with contracts)? And if that fails report it to SI, they may well be able to sort it out for you?

Keep us updated anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tried it but I still got the error. Reported it in the bugs forum but no help as of yet.

Vidir Gardi, Season 2008/09, Icelandic First Division

League icon_biggrin.gif

Lower League Cup icon_biggrin.gif

So a trophy in the bag and promotion secured, a good first season. We lost the league with 2 games to go after leading all season. I took advantage of the misconception that we'd head straight back down by developing a strong counter attacking formation. The first half of the season we were unbeaten but the return games we really declined, it was a shame not to complete the double but at least we're up.

I trialled around a hundred players and secured a number of key signings. A few of these players really turned out to be gems and in pre-season I've really had to try hard to keep hold of a few of them. With the new season approaching, I've kept the squad together and added one or two improvements. My aim is to suprise the big clubs early on and stay up. Anything else is a bonus.

If anyone wants other screenshots let me know icon14.gif

DS I see you are from Melbourne, Australia. I suppose you'll be watching the Melbourne Cup (today when you read this i think?) 'the race that stops a nation'. I live in the UK (where it'll be on 4am English time) i plan to get up at 4am in the morning to watch it! Come on the UK horses. icon14.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

League icon_biggrin.gif

So a trophy in the bag and promotion secured, a good first season. We lost the league with 2 games to go after leading all season. I took advantage of the misconception that we'd head straight back down by developing a strong counter attacking formation. The first half of the season we were unbeaten but the return games we really declined, it was a shame not to complete the double but at least we're up.

I trialled around a hundred players and secured a number of key signings. A few of these players really turned out to be gems and in pre-season I've really had to try hard to keep hold of a few of them. With the new season approaching, I've kept the squad together and added one or two improvements. My aim is to suprise the big clubs early on and stay up. Anything else is a bonus.

Superb season. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

League icon_biggrin.gif

Superb season. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that. icon14.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

League icon_biggrin.gif

Superb season. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah I got dumped out 4-2 in the Semi's by IR. Only to beat them 3-2 in the league at the same ground. :/

I'm so sick of the mindless, disrespectful, negative comments in general questions forum. Alot of us all know how much time and hard work SI colleagues put in to this game, it must be so disheartening reading such drivel. Sure there are problems, what PC game doesn't have it bugs ect. Which reminds me , how lucky are we to have our own area for challenges/sign ups ect. with a decent bunch of users and a pleasant atmosphere.

Rant over. These mindless fouls really **** me off! icon_mad.gif

I'm so sick of the mindless, disrespectful, negative comments in general questions forum. Alot of us all know how much time and hard work SI colleagues put in to this game, it must be so disheartening reading such drivel. Sure there are problems, what PC game doesn't have it bugs ect. Which reminds me , how lucky are we to have our own area for challenges/sign ups ect. with a decent bunch of users and a pleasant atmosphere.

I agree totally. icon14.gif

I really do think us having our own forum is a great idea and is working brilliantly well, but we still need a mod to sort of the little matters imo.

Yeah. you must've seen some of my replys icon_smile.gif

Don't get me started on them. I agree with your sentiments exactly, its really good to have this section, where people can have a laugh and enjoy the game (and other peoples games).

I am really glad I found these forums a couple of years ago, they really have added to my Football Manager enjoyment. Challenges like this and dafuges really get you into the game (so much so I even have a new laptop on the way this week icon_biggrin.gif )

So Gundo , steer clear of general questions - its bad for your health, and somehow, even managers to detract from your own enjoyment of the game!

Long live the Challenges forums!

Originally posted by Supermas2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Don't get me started on them. I agree with your sentiments exactly, its really good to have this section, where people can have a laugh and enjoy the game (and other peoples games).

I am really glad I found these forums a couple of years ago, they really have added to my Football Manager enjoyment. Challenges like this and dafuges really get you into the game (so much so I even have a new laptop on the way this week icon_biggrin.gif )

So Gundo , steer clear of general questions - its bad for your health, and somehow, even managers to detract from your own enjoyment of the game!

Long live the Challenges forums! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with everyones sentiments in this thread.

Either I am getting old and grumpy or GQ is actually, somehow getting worse.

I really appreciate having this separate forum now. I see the same familiar names, people I know are quality posters and I like they way we all get on, have a laugh and support each other.

GQ is just a wasteland. I feel really sorry for those who actually post good threads with good ideas only for them to see it sink under a bunch of threads littered with txt speak, abuse, moaning, whining and claims of cheating AI and super goalies. I have probably been around too long. icon_smile.gif I also feel sorry for SI in a way as the useless drivel fed up in there is no use to developing their product.

I could rant more but I will shut up.

I am just thankful for those upstanding members of this subsection that make it the great place it is. Were like LLM with less Spam icon_smile.gif

I *really* need this patch soon. I am having withdrawal symptoms icon_wink.gif. I better get onto this revision sometime soon as well.

I also had a long, hard day on placement today ( I am a student nurse) and so I am glad I can come in hear and let off steam. Apologies for the rant.

Oh and congratulations to iacovone for a fantastic season. icon14.gif

DS I see you are from Melbourne, Australia. I suppose you'll be watching the Melbourne Cup (today when you read this i think?) 'the race that stops a nation'. I live in the UK (where it'll be on 4am English time) i plan to get up at 4am in the morning to watch it! Come on the UK horses. icon14.gif

Sure. It will be my only break from FM today since I got my game working again yesterday. I thought my whole 5 day weekend would be ruined but my game is working again and so all good. Update is coming up.

Although

Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

Football Manager Manager

Ever wonder what those FM addicts do in their spare time?

Now, not only can you find out, but you're in control! Organise the time of your favourite FM player. Take control of Amaroq, Jimbokav, or start as a LLMM and troll your way through the FM Forums.

Should Ackter spend that extra hour in windowed mode so he can police the forums? Should Jimbo put the mouse down and play with his kid? The choices are yours!

made me LOL. Posted by Chyis (I hope I spelt that right!)

icon_smile.gif

Awesome News

Patro Eisden 09-10

I got my game working again. I reloaded again on the day before I got the bug which ruined my game and this time I lost the next game instead of winning it and the bug didnt come up. I started getting the "Array access out of bounds" again but I could still continue. However I thought it still wouldn't offer me a contract and so I was just going through the season to see what happens and wasnt really into it much and my teams form worsened and we end up slipping from 2nd to 5th. Still we made it to the play-offs and we didnt get the promotion spot. So another season in the 2nd division. I guess a 3rd straight promotion was to much to ask for. I did get that new contract right at the end of my contract and so the bug didnt screw up the game to much. I really used loan signings this time bringing in 5 players from my parent club Standard. Also I picked up an awesome striker. He has finishing 16 which is too good or this league and so he is a goal machine. The problem is he is injury prone. He was averaging nearly 8.5 early in the season but then injuries hit and he would keep getting injured and in the end his season average was only 7.5 but that is still awesome. This season also included my first buying of a player with money and also my first dip into the January transfer window. This was allowed due to my huge financial recovery which I had to do myself since the board is clueless. The board is willing to expand the stadium at the end of every season but they still haven't improved training or youth facilities.

Transfers

Table

Anyway for the new season we are ready to demolish the league. I have put together an awesome squad which should have no trouble winning the 2nd division. I love how my scouts have developed. I have replicated my star striker 3 times it seems. I have signed another 2 strikers that are just like him. High finishing but injury prone. They wont be able to stop scoring next season.

Also guys in case you dont know there is an updated beta patch. Check in the general questions forum. You download it from the same link you downloaded the original patch. This one is 27.5mb instead of the 10mb the other one was.

Originally posted by DS:

Awesome News

Patro Eisden 09-10

I got my game working again. I reloaded again on the day before I got the bug which ruined my game and this time I lost the next game instead of winning it and the bug didnt come up. I started getting the "Array access out of bounds" again but I could still continue. However I thought it still wouldn't offer me a contract and so I was just going through the season to see what happens and wasnt really into it much and my teams form worsened and we end up slipping from 2nd to 5th. Still we made it to the play-offs and we didnt get the promotion spot. So another season in the 2nd division. I guess a 3rd straight promotion was to much to ask for. I did get that new contract right at the end of my contract and so the bug didnt screw up the game to much. I really used loan signings this time bringing in 5 players from my parent club Standard. Also I picked up an awesome striker. He has finishing 16 which is too good or this league and so he is a goal machine. The problem is he is injury prone. He was averaging nearly 8.5 early in the season but then injuries hit and he would keep getting injured and in the end his season average was only 7.5 but that is still awesome. This season also included my first buying of a player with money and also my first dip into the January transfer window. This was allowed due to my huge financial recovery which I had to do myself since the board is clueless. The board is willing to expand the stadium at the end of every season but they still haven't improved training or youth facilities.

Transfers

Table

Anyway for the new season we are ready to demolish the league. I have put together an awesome squad which should have no trouble winning the 2nd division. I love how my scouts have developed. I have replicated my star striker 3 times it seems. I have signed another 2 strikers that are just like him. High finishing but injury prone. They wont be able to stop scoring next season.

Thanks for the update!

Glad you got it working again. I am sure you will demolish the league next season icon_smile.gif

Congratulations of the new contract! This bug is annoying at present and I am glad it was picked up.

Any chance I could see a screenshot of your star striker? Just out of interest! icon_smile.gif

Haven't been giving my Magherafelt game much time lately, have been too absorbed in my dafuge save.

Good to see people doing well, fantastic first season iacovone, and congratulations DS on getting your save working again!

I'm sure I'll pick up my Magherafelt game sometime soon, probably when my Guiseley side hit a rough patch.

As far as waiting for the patch goes, I haven't experienced any particular troubles as yet (probably due to not exceeding expectations!), so I'm happily plowing on.

I will be trying this challenge soon, as long as I complete dafuges challenge, or get stuck in a rut. Played this challenge last year after my Merthyr game in dafuges hit a brick wall, and thoroughly enjoyed my time in building Killylagh up into the best team in Northern Ireland, whilst only having limited European success, it was a superb challenge, and one that I hope to be a part of soon in the near future.

Also I agree with you Gundo about the GQ, I sometimes go on there and have a little scout about and cant believe what some people post in there, absoloute drivel. Always makes me laugh the way people harp on about the same things over and over again.

Good luck everybody though, and hope you all enjoy the callenge as much as I did last year icon14.gif

Originally posted by bnek:

Erm ok, i'm 3rd in the league after 22 games with 8 remaining i've been sacked?!

Sorry to be negative but i'm going to wait till the patch comes out.icon_frown.gif

Unlucky icon_frown.gif

Looks like you will have to join FM rehab as we wait for the patch together icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bnek:

Erm ok, i'm 3rd in the league after 22 games with 8 remaining i've been sacked?!

Sorry to be negative but i'm going to wait till the patch comes out.icon_frown.gif

Unlucky icon_frown.gif

Looks like you will have to join FM rehab as we wait for the patch together icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear that bnek. Welcome to the group of people in here who are eagerly waiting the next patch.

ok gundo, i'm taking a break from my dafuge game before i hang myself, and having a crack at this. i've never managed in FM outside england, so naturally i thought slovakia would be a good place to start.

i had the choice of 2 teams.

Puchov had a 6000 capacity stadium, the majority of a squad and were predicted 11th[out of 12]

I however chose Stropkov, with a 3000 capacity, a 40 yr old DM and a prediction of dead last. Well, i dont want anyone saying i took the easy route icon_smile.gif

Now i find that i have no players and the season starts in a little over 2 weeks.

I'm expected by the media to be relegated, but they reckoned without the mighty migwar..

i'll update when [if] i get any players

You can scrub mine and Jr's name from your table the next time you update it Gundo icon_frown.gif.

I've given up on this shambles and will be re-installing FM07 at the weekend. If I still have my 07 save and it still works after the reinstall, (not sure if that's possible or realistic), then I will be continuing by Lisburn Rangers save icon_biggrin.gif.

Jr is going back to a mix of Travian and Runescape icon_rolleyes.gif.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

You can scrub mine and Jr's name from your table the next time you update it Gundo icon_frown.gif.

I've given up on this shambles and will be re-installing FM07 at the weekend. If I still have my 07 save and it still works after the reinstall, (not sure if that's possible or realistic), then I will be continuing by Lisburn Rangers save icon_biggrin.gif.

Shame to hear that Jimbo.

But good luck on continuing your quest to win the CL with Lisburn Rangers. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

You're not leaving for good tho' are you? icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by sebzilla:

Woo first forum post!

I hereby undertake the challenge, and will go with Slovakia as my nation of choice due to once having been there. Huzzah!

Updates to follow.

You'll just need to post your manager profile screenie before you can be included in the table . Welcome and best of luck. icon14.gif

migwar & 3Sixty welcome, and best of luck. 3Sixty - Sorry i don't have the pro/rel date for Iceland yet, but i'm sure some of the guys playing their will be kind enough to post it next time they're on. icon14.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

You're not leaving for good tho' are you? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll be back, once it's fully patched up.

Really couldn't wait for the patch any longer so I started in Croatia.

I am not sure if I will carry on as of yet. Mainly testing out the game using LLM rules (which I intend to do on my new patched file or this one if it continues)

I don't know if you want me to post my profile anyway?!

Originally posted by Alurny:

Really couldn't wait for the patch any longer so I started in Croatia.

I am not sure if I will carry on as of yet. Mainly testing out the game using LLM rules (which I intend to do on my new patched file or this one if it continues)

I don't know if you want me to post my profile anyway?!

Yeah post your profile if you can, even if your thinking of starting again when the patch is released. icon14.gif

Originally posted by migwar:

ok gundo, i'm taking a break from my dafuge game before i hang myself, and having a crack at this. i've never managed in FM outside england, so naturally i thought slovakia would be a good place to start.

i had the choice of 2 teams.

Puchov had a 6000 capacity stadium, the majority of a squad and were predicted 11th[out of 12]

I however chose Stropkov, with a 3000 capacity, a 40 yr old DM and a prediction of dead last. Well, i dont want anyone saying i took the easy route icon_smile.gif

Now i find that i have no players and the season starts in a little over 2 weeks.

I'm expected by the media to be relegated, but they reckoned without the mighty migwar..

i'll update when [if] i get any players

hmmm, it looks very interesting icon_smile.gif what year are you in?

Alurny starts afresh in croatia

I am just coming up to the winter break, sitting mid table thanks to some honorable displays by Bobinho. (Yes, that name is fake) icon_wink.gif

One minor frustration: I only managed to get in 5 signings before they did this to me icon_frown.gif

So I am just waiting for that to go away, praying I avoid the sack and then I can sign my scouts reccomendations.

Fingers crossed. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

Any just as I post I got this. Hmm.. I bet i get sacked icon_frown.gif

icon13.gif

Fingers crossed for you mate, although it doesn't look too good. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sacked.

Gutted.

I guess this is a sign to wait for the patch. icon_frown.gif

Now I've calmed down a bit icon_wink.gif

I don't like board takeovers. I was doing well for once icon_frown.gif

Gundo, I was wondering if it was possible to play this with the fake players box ticked? Or will that make me have an advantage/disadvantage?

If not then I will start my post patch file with real players icon_wink.gif

Archived