Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by brigadier:

Well i had a and found out myself, however quickly quit because of the dodgey transfer windows there. I'll start a new one soon probably somewhere in Scandanvia.

What date was it? So i can add to my list, thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Reverand&Makers:

Update

Well after only 3 games in the league, my brief run as Bereza manager comes to an end thanks to a eejit of a chairman.

Although it did end prematurely I did have a great start to the season, winning 2 and drawing 1.

But i do have to say im gutted. icon_frown.gif

Looks like im going on holiday again until next year.

Sorry to hear that. icon_frown.gif Damn takeovers, there are still plenty of casualty's around who have suffered the same fate unfortunately. Better to have happed earlier rather than later if it was going to happen at all though heh?

Best of luck with your new club. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks icon14.gif.

And I already have my new club, will post the screenie later on. Couldnt be bothered earlier, was still fuming icon_rolleyes.gif.

Oh and on another note if you need the date to holiday around till for the Belarus leagues, I find it is best to holiday until around the 10th-20th of February icon_smile.gif.

Originally posted by Reverand&Makers:

Oh and on another note if you need the date to holiday around till for the Belarus leagues, I find it is best to holiday until around the 10th-20th of February icon_smile.gif.

That's great thanks Rev. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brigadier:

Well i had a and found out myself, however quickly quit because of the dodgey transfer windows there. I'll start a new one soon probably somewhere in Scandanvia.

What date was it? So i can add to my list, thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry dude, can't remember the exact date... though it was around the world cup final time, i remember.

Originally posted by kingrooney:

DS, my finances are steady at the moment, gradually increasing as the season progressed.

Finances

In pre season at the moment looking forward to my season in the 2nd division, though i will have to strengthen my team considerably as my main players last season were loans from my parent team Lokeren.

my scouts arent doing a very good job at the moment so ill have too look around a bit.

Good luck DS on ur 2nd division, an with ur finances.

Turns out I was 3rd division A also. Anyway haven't played much of 2nd season yet. About to go have a long session but my finances are much better now and I have only used a 3rd of my wage budget so thats maybe why. Player loans are great lol. Got 5 players in from my parent club compared to last season when I only took 2. They are my star players and I pay them no wages. Regretting selling my star player so cheap when my finances are a lot better now and making profits so I will be out of debt soon.

I signed some great scouts but pointless since I can only scout in Belgium at the moment. However A good thing to do is put a scout on the u19 competition and one on the u21 competition. You will mostly get reports about good youngsters who have no intention of joining your team but you will find a few that will want to join you.

Also Gundo I am in the second division not first and I am in 09/10

Konquest how is life in the Swiss league with the Mighty Martigny! That has a cool sound to it, all most as cool sounding as Mighty Metalec. Wink

Despite my pretty limited playing time, the Marvelous Martigny are doing relatively good. Made a few good signings before the first season and we started pretty good.

A few shocker wins despite being touted as heavy underdogs in the early season allowed us to be as up as 3rd place at a moment. But so far, it looks like it will be a controlled slide towards the bottom of the table. I just hope I can control it enough to avoid relegation. I'll do my first update during the winter break.

I'm glad to see that Dusan Nulicek is in my game. However, he's worth £160K, so I'll probably have to wait quite a bit before buying him. However, at 20 years old, he already looks incredible. I have added him indefinitely to my shortlist, hoping to add him to my lineup somewhere down the line. For those who don't know him, check last year's thread. He scored more than 200 goals for my Metalac side and was voted Fans Player of the Year for 10 consecutive years.

I'll keep you updated.

Gundo Just wondering if you've started this challenge or not?

Do you think the "confidence bug", which appears to be rife, will have a major impact on your challenge too? It appears to be hitting the "dafuge" challenge quite badly! I'm tempted to finish my current season in Dafuge's challenge and then start on this one; awaiting the release of a patch.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Konquest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Konquest how is life in the Swiss league with the Mighty Martigny! That has a cool sound to it, all most as cool sounding as Mighty Metalec. Wink

Despite my pretty limited playing time, the Marvelous Martigny are doing relatively good. Made a few good signings before the first season and we started pretty good.

A few shocker wins despite being touted as heavy underdogs in the early season allowed us to be as up as 3rd place at a moment. But so far, it looks like it will be a controlled slide towards the bottom of the table. I just hope I can control it enough to avoid relegation. I'll do my first update during the winter break.

I'm glad to see that Dusan Nulicek is in my game. However, he's worth £160K, so I'll probably have to wait quite a bit before buying him. However, at 20 years old, he already looks incredible. I have added him indefinitely to my shortlist, hoping to add him to my lineup somewhere down the line. For those who don't know him, check last year's thread. He scored more than 200 goals for my Metalac side and was voted Fans Player of the Year for 10 consecutive years.

I'll keep you updated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll look forward to reading your report. Signing a former Metalac legend sounds great, you must of worked miracles to have kept him at Metalac so long.

Originally posted by cookie15:

Gundo Just wondering if you've started this challenge or not?

Do you think the "confidence bug", which appears to be rife, will have a major impact on your challenge too? It appears to be hitting the "dafuge" challenge quite badly! I'm tempted to finish my current season in Dafuge's challenge and then start on this one; awaiting the release of a patch.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts! icon_wink.gif

I've not started this challenge yet no. I'm going to wait for the next patch before I settle down with a career game. I'd started dafuges challenge a while back but couldn't really get into it (I'd have flashbacks of my great game in Norway last season, which made it harder to concentrate icon_biggrin.gif ). I've just played various save games really, nothing longterm.

I don't know to what extent the "confidence bug" will affect this challenge, I suppose you'd have to ask the guys taking part so far.

Well with regards to what next... It's your call I suppose mate. I think i'm going to have a crack at this challenge in Norway again when the patch is released and hopefully it can be even more enjoyable than last seasons time in Stavanger, if that is even possible as I think that was my best ever CM/FM game (High Praise! icon_eek.gif ). icon_cool.gif

It would be good to have you back involved though. icon14.gif

Roll on the Patch release.

Originally posted by Alurny:

Alurny

Hey gundo,

Is it ok for me to start a new game? I'm coming towards the end of the first season and its so slow. icon_frown.gif

I might pick another league too. Maybe I will return to Austria? icon_smile.gif

*So slow due to the beta patch I stupidly installed.

I'm going to take another shot at this challenge alongside my Zacatepec game in my South American challenge. After last year's adventure with Svartviks in Sweden, this year I'm travelling to their Scandinavian neighbours in Finland, and I'll be taking charge of the mighty Kaarinan Pojat - better known as KaaPo.

With their enormous 750 capacity stadium, and a media prediction of 13th (out of 14), it should be a fun challenge again. I'm slightly worried that they're already in the process of a board takeover - hope my reign at KaaPo isn't too short-lived!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

Alurny

Hey gundo,

Is it ok for me to start a new game? I'm coming towards the end of the first season and its so slow. icon_frown.gif

I might pick another league too. Maybe I will return to Austria? icon_smile.gif

*So slow due to the beta patch I stupidly installed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's fine Alurny, enjoy the mountains of Austria. icon14.gif

Sacked!

After guiding the club to 12th, 8th and then 7th and losing just once in our last 10 games the board decide not to renew my contract!

Don't know whether to start a completely new game or wait for a job offer?

We reached safety with 4 games to go \o/

I've never thought this when the team were averaging 2.8 GA, but defence tightened up, and now we're quite decent.

Only challenge left in the season is making a top goalscorer out of my loanee ST icon_smile.gif

Update 2008-09

NK Slovan

Slovenian 2nd division

I took over a club with no staff and shocking squad. Went on a loanee signing, as no-one decent wanted to sign for us. Season got off, and I was not convinced by the 'quality' of the squad, so to say.

The Slovenian 2nd league has 3 rounds, 27 matches. The first third was quite awful, defence leaked in goals left, right and centre. Good that Dravograd was as bad, and Zagorje was even more hopeless icon_smile.gif I found out that the team knows **** about zonal defence, went to man marking, tweaked tactics and oops! Defence was still below par, but at least not shockingly bad. Attacking was consistently good all year, my loanee ST from Celje leading the troops. With a good run we pulled away from the relegation battlers, secured our place for next year, and ended up a comfortable 6th.

League table

Squad

Free signings on the way. I'd like to finalise some loans, or at least extend them. We'll see. Top scorer is surely on his way out, as he attracted loads of clubs from around the Balkans.

Decent season, I couldn't have wished for more. The divide between the top 4-5 teams and the rest is quite huge, so it'll take hard work to be competitive with the biggish clubs

Cup sucked arse. Ousted a non-league team, then went down on penalties at home against Bela Krajina.

Lowlight: Getting spanked by Bela Krajina 7-0 at home in the first friendly. icon_frown.gif

Highlight: Spanking Bela Krajina 6-0 away in the league icon_biggrin.gif

I forgot: I've never had such an injury-free season since I've been playing the FM series. One major injury and a few minor ones here and there, but as you can see, I had 9 players who played more than 2/3 of the games. So I was able to play with a more or less constant starting XI.

emgergo Excellent report. icon14.gif Loan signings can be huge when your at lower league level with limited resources, shame you can't hang on to him? but i'm sure there's more prolific front men out there. icon14.gif

What was your finances like for the season?

Originally posted by emgergo:

32K in the red.

Well under wage budget, but no income. I can just hope that one of my players will attract a bigger club, or we make a cup run. A former loanee has just signed BTW \o/

Super. Best of luck for the new season. icon14.gif

I predict a top 2 finish for you for the upcoming season, trust me i'm 'Mystic Gundo'. icon_wink.gif

Good report Emgergo.

Good luck for the new season. Congrats on staying up icon14.gif

Can't wait for the patch so I can join the fun. I guess it is good in a way as I have an exam on friday so I will actually revise in my free time! icon_smile.gif

Loaded up Austria [the date for new teams is the 24th of June however every reload made the same teams come up. I'm not sure why so I will have another go tonight to see if I get anyone different. All I see so far is the same 3 clubs icon_frown.gif

Can't wait to re-join the Challenge. One this exam is out the way I will be on FM much more icon14.gificon_smile.gif

I cant believe it. First season I won the 3rd division and now second season I have been in great form recently and am up to 2nd. Already have secured a play off place at least since I won the 2nd period of the league. But now my game has got a bug. Array access out of bounds keeps coming up when I think I am about to get a new contract. I hate you SI. Ruined my game.

Originally posted by DS:

I cant believe it. First season I won the 3rd division and now second season I have been in great form recently and am up to 2nd. Already have secured a play off place at least since I won the 2nd period of the league. But now my game has got a bug. Array access out of bounds keeps coming up when I think I am about to get a new contract. I hate you SI. Ruined my game.

Damn icon_frown.gif

I had my Dafuge game ruined after getting into league 2 on 2008 due to the beta patch killing it. Gutted for you icon_frown.gif

Austria is fine by the way. Different teams on reloads so no concerns there. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Damn icon_frown.gif

I had my Dafuge game ruined after getting into league 2 on 2008 due to the beta patch killing it. Gutted for you icon_frown.gif

Austria is fine by the way. Different teams on reloads so no concerns there. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I will keep my save in case the patch fixes it but I doubt it. Anyway I might eventually return to this challenge even if I have to start again.

Good report Emgergo.

Good luck for the new season. Congrats on staying up icon14.gif

Can't wait for the patch so I can join the fun. I guess it is good in a way as I have an exam on friday so I will actually revise in my free time! icon_smile.gif

Loaded up Austria [the date for new teams is the 24th of June however every reload made the same teams come up. I'm not sure why so I will have another go tonight to see if I get anyone different. All I see so far is the same 3 clubs icon_frown.gif

Can't wait to re-join the Challenge. One this exam is out the way I will be on FM much more icon14.gificon_smile.gif

Thanks for the Austria date Alurny, i'll add to my list. icon14.gif

Originally posted by DS:

I'm sorry to hear that icon_frown.gif . Hopefully the patch will fix it.

Have you tried reloading from your last save to see if you are getting the same happen (this has worked for me in the past with contracts)? And if that fails report it to SI, they may well be able to sort it out for you?

Keep us updated anyway.

Originally posted by DS:

icon13.gificon_frown.gif

Well following my sacking from Budakalasz i've decided to start a new game and hopefully learn from my mistakes. icon_smile.gif

After a year out of the game i head to Bulgaria and takeover newly promoted Botev Bali. The squad currently consists of two 17 year olds Kirilov and Kolev who are both on loan at the club, there are no reserve or youth team players.

The Chairman is apparently willing to listen to offers so maybe some unexpected investment will come our way.

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Good work johnny. icon14.gif

You must of been really bored. icon_wink.gif

I was, membrane protein structure isn't the most exciting topic ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Storzy:

I'm calling it a day for this challenge untill well get the next patch at least. I just can't face a long term game with it as it is

I'm exactly the same. Which at the moment is a good thing due to my exam on Friday! icon_smile.gif

Archived