Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by westhamrob:

WesthamRob Update KF Fjarðabyggð

KF Fjarðabyggð this is my team. I am the manager of KF Fjarðabyggð and i have no idea how to say their name!!!

Here Is My Profile

i put my rep as lowest possible but it went to national icon_confused.gif

That's normal for Iceland. I think the place is so small that everyone knows everyone anyway!

Best of luck. I'm of the opinion that this challenge is impossible in Iceland, so I hope someone proves me wrong!

Originally posted by westhamrob:

if i took a non icelandic player (out of contract) on trial and he accepted, can i then sign him permanent?

I believe so, yes.

You may need to post a screen shot proving that you did indeed take him on trial first.

Good luck to all newbies. icon14.gif

Seems Iceland is becoming ever more popular, I think it'll be a tough nut to crack the challenge in that country. But you've got to love the added difficulty. icon_cool.gif

My first go at any of these challenges, I was going to try Dafuge's with Harlow Town but they never came up so opted to try a Norwegian team in this challenge instead.

Seeing as Sandviken never get promoted I opted for a team that play's in green, I'm informed by the missus they play on an island which is not too far from Bergen so.

Nest-Sotra IL

My profile

Club info page

Now to set job adverts for staff & start to find player's for the challenge icon14.gif

(If I make any mistakes can people please point them out, I have no intention of cheating but first time going I may have understood things wrong with transfers etc)

I should point out I start with 5 youth players in my first team squad & 5 youth players in my actual U19 squad so a total rebuild like everyone else but I look forward to it.

The board have a 4 year plan to win the second division group 3 & this season to avoid relegation so I'm happy with that. I very much doubt I'll be that good at the start until I get a squad sorted but will update like others are.

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Asked for a feeder club & got offered a choice of 2 clubs.

Odd Grenland who'd pay £18.99k per season

Viking FK who'd pay £18.5k pe season

I indivated that Viking were my preference & I now have a feeder club to help me out icon_biggrin.gif

Good choice. icon14.gif

Norway is the place to manage if you ask me. icon_cool.gif That's where i managed in FM07's challenge btw.

Well my first friendly which was a home game against my new parent club Viking didn't really go that great as they played there whole first team.

No surprise that I lost as Ijeh totally ran my defence ragged, every ball forward he was able to get onto & either score or set someone up.

My gk seemed to be like most others & if it was on target it was a goal, I lose 12-0 in the end & conceeded 36 shots in total of which only 14 were on target.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come!

The good news is I do alot better against teams in my league. Started brightly & was in 5th place till around 10 games in & then had a bad patch where I dropped down to 9th. 7 points clear of relegation but nowhere near getting promoted this season as Start 2 have won all 22 games so far this season icon_eek.gif

Most the players I tried were pretty awfull especially my centre backs & central midfielders. Got lucky though as I signed 3 strikers who all seem to score enough goals for me so I feel confident with buying better defenders in the first end of season break I may make a challenge for promotion in the second season.

Will post a screenshot when I finish the season

Originally posted by RockLobster:

Decided to not to attempt the completely impossible with Iceland & went for the ludicrously difficult with Finnish side KajHa.

Here's the Profile

& heres the Squad.

Oddly all the contracts ended in 1900...

That does seem to be what happens with Amateur contracts.

Best of luck with it icon14.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

Season ticket sales

icon_biggrin.gif

Surely has a place in the records thread. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed it does, under the 'Hall of Shame' section icon_biggrin.gif

I beat the previous record by 6 tickets (that's more than a third of my total!!)

OK I am back in the game. Lets see if my first try at these type of challenges is successful. That awesome club that I was going to manage in the game I nearly started before the patch didnt get promoted this time so I had to settle for a slightly worse team.

K Patro Eisden Maasmechelen

Hopefully I can take them to being kings of Belgium and Europe.

Manager Profile.

Club information

A lot of random knowledge there. My nationalities are Australia and Macedonia.

Half of the first group stage is gone (I'm not even trying to describe how the system looks like, it's damn complicated), and the first team and the last (10th) in our group are separated by 6 points. We sit second with a 3-5-1 record icon_eek.gif

That's what I call tight.

Originally posted by DS:

A lot of random knowledge there. My nationalities are Australia and Macedonia.

Yeah there does seem to be a problem with knowledge in FM08, hopefully they'll sort it for the full release of the patch.

Can I just ask one thing? (Sorry for double post) Am I right in saying that you select a nation and go unemployed and go on hopliday for a whole season? Then once the first is over you retire and create a whole new player taking up one of the newly promoted sides in the bottom division of the selectd region?

Jake

Originally posted by ManUTDBoi17:

Can I just ask one thing? (Sorry for double post) Am I right in saying that you select a nation and go unemployed and go on hopliday for a whole season? Then once the first is over you retire and create a whole new player taking up one of the newly promoted sides in the bottom division of the selectd region?

Jake

That is correct. icon14.gif

FGS! I keep DPing. Right, last thing... im assuming each of the avaliable nations in their top divisions have spots for the Champ League?

Not necessairly. I think yes, but I'm not sure. If anything you would enter in the first or second qualification round.

Originally posted by Konquest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FGS! I keep DPing. Right, last thing... im assuming each of the avaliable nations in their top divisions have spots for the Champ League?

Not necessairly. I think yes, but I'm not sure. If anything you would enter in the first or second qualification round. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last year in my game, Northern Ireland didn't get a place in the CL, I had to win them one with a good performance in the UEFA Cup.

I just done a quick search and fond an amazing assistant to sign. He is dutch and a coach I think but I have offered him ass man and he seems to want it. Except I want to sign him on a full time deal while he prefers part time. I seem to have a huge first team squad but other clubs can just take my players since I dont think they have professional contracts since the team just turned semi-pro and I really need an assistant to help me see which players are good and which aren't but by the time I hire one most my squad will be gone. Guess I will have to decide myself.

Originally posted by emgergo:

Sazchu!

Didn't you have any problems with players registration for the Turkish second division? I've had a news item coming on 1st July to register players. No chance to register the new signings since then, although the rules say, registration is continous from 1st July to 1st September, coinciding with the summer transfer window. All the other teams have this problem too. This might be a bug, but I'm not sure.

At the current stage about 40% of the league's players are ineligible.

Any ideas from anyone who has managed in the Turkish 2nd Division?

Posted this in the bugs forum Greg.

Archived