FM09 Pre-order / delivery - keep it all in here please

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want to buy FM09 at midnite on friday the 14th like many people. My local gamestaion and game will not be opening at midnoght cause they claim it is only a small game with little intrest :O so does anyone know what the cchances are of asda putting the game on there shelves at midnight as they are 24 hours ! any asda employes here :p !

if you order online from GAME or a similar games retailer, it will most likely be delivered on Thursday morning

i dont wanna risk it coming late and my post dont cum till 1 lol so if it does come on friday i will have to wait till 1 or later

Please bear in mind that you won't be able to play if you get it on Thursday because of the new authentication process.Not what time on release day the activation will take place....probably not midnight though

what authetication process ?

i see now well it should open at midnight as i have paid for the game and on release date aswell so si anyhelp here will the process start at midnight ?????

i want to buy FM09 at midnite on friday the 14th like many people. My local gamestaion and game will not be opening at midnoght cause they claim it is only a small game with little intrest :O so does anyone know what the cchances are of asda putting the game on there shelves at midnight as they are 24 hours ! any asda employes here :p !

Last year and the year before I tried and no luck.

I work for asda (it is not 24 hour however)...As far as i know stores should have the game in advanced so if you go in around 12:15 or so aslong as they have it in stock they should be able to serve it to you...It will also depend on staff in different departments to whether they will have it out on the shop floor or be able to get it

Ordered mine from play.com for £29.99 it will possibly the best money i spend all year. Hope to get it Thursday morning think i have a good chance too because i pre-ordered PES09 among other games that were supposed to come out on the Friday i got on the Wednesday/Thursday so hopefully the same will happen here.

I have pre-ordered my game from play.com and they have a personalised sleeve offer on it. I am not particularly botherd about using this feature but orderedff play as they always send me stuff in time for release day. However, this message appears...

"Pre-Order Football Manager 2009 from Play.com and receive a unique code to personalise a professionally printed Football Manager 2009 sleeve! Codes and instructions will be sent during the week of release. On receiving your instructions follow the link to the Football Manager 2009 website, input your code and personalise one of three sleeves (see below)... then sit back and wait for your design to be professionally printed and delivered to your door! Pre-order before midnight on the 13th November 2008 to get this offer."

Im a little concerned that as a result of this feature that means nothing to me, I may not receive this title on release day. Does anyone else share my concernsor does anyone have any information on how it is going to work exactly?

Thanks

I have pre-ordered my game from play.com and they have a personalised sleeve offer on it. I am not particularly botherd about using this feature but orderedff play as they always send me stuff in time for release day. However, this message appears...

"Pre-Order Football Manager 2009 from Play.com and receive a unique code to personalise a professionally printed Football Manager 2009 sleeve! Codes and instructions will be sent during the week of release. On receiving your instructions follow the link to the Football Manager 2009 website, input your code and personalise one of three sleeves (see below)... then sit back and wait for your design to be professionally printed and delivered to your door! Pre-order before midnight on the 13th November 2008 to get this offer."

Im a little concerned that as a result of this feature that means nothing to me, I may not receive this title on release day. Does anyone else share my concernsor does anyone have any information on how it is going to work exactly?

Thanks

no i think you will get sent a sleeve through the post and you just replace the one that comes with the game.

I have Amazon Prime so I've pre-ordered it off there. I did that on September 5th, and they give you low price guarantee. This means that if the price drops between the time when you order it and the time it comes out you get it for that lowest price. £27 at the moment.

Im cut between pre-ordering off play.com and clan-games.com. I like the sleeve with play.com and everyone seems to get it before the realise date. Clan-games are very cheap but i don't know if i trust them.

It doesn't matter if you get it before the release date, you wont be able to play it until Friday anyway.

Just been doing some research on how much people are going to sell the game for. Found some massive differences!

Tesco Direct - £37.50 (What!!!!!, will it be the same price in the store?)

ASDA - £24

Game - £29

Zavi - £29

and then my favourite:

York City Club Shop - £15!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Football Manager 2009 is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

Seems we will be getting our copies early if they are getting ready for despatch 5 days before release - pity about the activation stuff though :(

They wont send the email out until they've posted the game to you. If you think about it, it stops people cancelling their order and still getting the sleave.

A sleeve is the front cover, so if they posted the game and then asked about the front there could be a few issues :p

Archived