Players complaining about lack of first team football....

Playing as Arsenal 4th season just had 2 players complain about lack of first team football in pre-season plus Gotze complaining about first team football again less then a month later after only 3 first team fixtures due a 2 week international break, he was involved in 2 of them 3 games.

Yea I've had this with all 3 teams I've managed so far. Its still not ideal with the patch but was much worse beforehand. Telling them there 'is plenty of football left to be played this season' does hold them off for a bit but I've always got minimum 3 players unhappy about game time, usually just from missing a few games on the bounce.

• 4 weeks later...
I start a new game with patch 15.3.1......and still lack of first team complaining. I play with chelsea which azpilicueta and ivanovic rotate every match. But in 4th match azpi complaining and ivan complain too. WTF....

What are their personalities and squad status?

azpi first team and ivan rotation. but i think it doesn't have relationship. i used to try play with munchen with patch 15.3.1....and in the begining i change all my squad status into rotation status. including lewandowski, robben, lahm and neuer. but in couple of match they start complaining lack of first team. alaba.....boateng....muller......every week there always a player complain....WTF

azpi first team and ivan rotation. but i think it doesn't have relationship. i used to try play with munchen with patch 15.3.1....and in the begining i change all my squad status into rotation status. including lewandowski, robben, lahm and neuer. but in couple of match they start complaining lack of first team. alaba.....boateng....muller......every week there always a player complain....WTF

To be fair, just changing a players status won't really change his expectations. Those players are not going to accept bit parts in the team whether you call them Key players or Back Ups.

As for the chelsea issue. You need to check how many games they played the season before. If one of them didn't play in the last ten games of the previous season, that I think, carries over into the new season.

• 4 months later...

There is certainly an issue from time to time especially with regard to coming back from injury. In a previous save I had Andy Carroll moaning after being out for months injured. I had played him for 20 minutes or so in reserves fixtures and was slowly upping it for fitness and also had him on the first team bench for a few games getting 15 minutes here and there and after about 4 games he started moaning. Didn't exactly pull up any trees with his performances either!!

Rather than the fact that they have a moan I think it's the responses that you as a manager can use that are a bit limited. They are basically either "yes I'll play you" or "ok I'll let you go". Not really much in between and the responses either are a prelude to confrontation or resignation. There isn't really a chance to explain the reasons why or have a discussion. There is no option really to say "look the team is playing well, we are 4th in the League I can't really change a winning team". Or "look you have had an injury/struggling with fitness/out of form so I know you aren't in the side at the moment but are a valued part of the squad and you will get your chance." Something along those lines.

Plus some of their responses can have your head banging against a brick wall. If they have had two or three games but haven't exactly excelled when you say "the last time I played you you didn't exactly perform" they get their back up rather than them admitting they haven't played well which is a frustration but as I say above it can be too confrontational.

If responses were more varied and empathy was shown rather than black and white answers it could be made easier.

******Just an addition to the above. In my current save Carl Jenkinson was moaning about a lack of first team action so I threw him in. 9 starts (in a row) later he is still unhappy!! Mark Noble has started 7 games out of 10 and is still moaning. Really needs to be toned down for FM16.

There is certainly an issue from time to time especially with regard to coming back from injury. In a previous save I had Andy Carroll moaning after being out for months injured. I had played him for 20 minutes or so in reserves fixtures and was slowly upping it for fitness and also had him on the first team bench for a few games getting 15 minutes here and there and after about 4 games he started moaning. Didn't exactly pull up any trees with his performances either!!

Rather than the fact that they have a moan I think it's the responses that you as a manager can use that are a bit limited. They are basically either "yes I'll play you" or "ok I'll let you go". Not really much in between and the responses either are a prelude to confrontation or resignation. There isn't really a chance to explain the reasons why or have a discussion. There is no option really to say "look the team is playing well, we are 4th in the League I can't really change a winning team". Or "look you have had an injury/struggling with fitness/out of form so I know you aren't in the side at the moment but are a valued part of the squad and you will get your chance." Something along those lines.

Plus some of their responses can have your head banging against a brick wall. If they have had two or three games but haven't exactly excelled when you say "the last time I played you you didn't exactly perform" they get their back up rather than them admitting they haven't played well which is a frustration but as I say above it can be too confrontational.

If responses were more varied and empathy was shown rather than black and white answers it could be made easier.

******Just an addition to the above. In my current save Carl Jenkinson was moaning about a lack of first team action so I threw him in. 9 starts (in a row) later he is still unhappy!! Mark Noble has started 7 games out of 10 and is still moaning. Really needs to be toned down for FM16.

on carl jenkinson : are you make promise to him? if yes, then u can view your promises on "home>promises" usually it takes 30 to 60 days before he happy about the first team play thay you give to him

I'm on Sept 15th and Lambert wants to speak to me and wants to leave because of a lack of playing time despite being a rotation player and playing 2 our of 5 matches. I say "Berahino is in the form of his life" He tells me Berahino hasn't been that good despite having 7 goals in 4 Prem matches and he's just scored a hat-trick on the same day. Now i need to sell Lambert. If he's a rotation player, why isn't he happy with 2 starts from 5 and 2 more sub appearances as well? And Berahino hass been in good form but Lambert seems to think 7 goals in 4 matches isn't good form.

I'm on Sept 15th and Lambert wants to speak to me and wants to leave because of a lack of playing time despite being a rotation player and playing 2 our of 5 matches. I say "Berahino is in the form of his life" He tells me Berahino hasn't been that good despite having 7 goals in 4 Prem matches and he's just scored a hat-trick on the same day. Now i need to sell Lambert. If he's a rotation player, why isn't he happy with 2 starts from 5 and 2 more sub appearances as well? And Berahino hass been in good form but Lambert seems to think 7 goals in 4 matches isn't good form.

Perhaps he doesn't like being a rotation player?

Well...most footballers are thick as a pound of steak mince, so are you really surprised? I've had a few players say that when I use that option, and I just put it down to a mix of sour grapes and Bendtner-ism. Doesn't mean you need to listen to them.

Keep in mind too that a guy like Lambert is also an England international. So he may well believe that if he is good enough for the national squad, he's good enough to be at least a first-team, if not key, player for his club--and understandably so. He might be a bit thick for not recognizing that Berahino is in fine form, but really what this comes down to is he thinks he's good enough for first-team football and he's pressing for it. So of course you've got to make a decision.

One of my players had already been banned for two games because he was sent off. He played 3(3) out of 8 of the games. This last one he was once again sent off and three days later he wants to discuss his lack of first team football... Maybe if he was able to play 30 minutes without being set off I could give him his first team football opportunity. :)

With the early signs of issues with discipline on the pitch is there any reason to be surprised that the player tends towards irrational & ill-disciplined behaviour off the pitch? I'd be looking to get shot of the bloke as soon as possible.

So, what do you do about this: when I took over at Man Utd, there was a Dutch DM/DC on the roster (Riechedly Bazoer) who didn't really fit into my tactics. I'd give him spot duty, but not enough to make him happy. I've listed him for loan, I've put him on the transfer list, I've tried to loan him to our affiliates (which he always refuses), and so in the last year of his contract, he's generating more-than-weekly complaints in the press. The summer transfer window closed and none of the "interested" teams would put in a bid. I get a "player wants to talk to you" and it's the "I'm not happy about this situation and I have no problem letting my contract run out and leave for free", and the only two options I have are "I'm fine with letting you rot in the reserves as I won't be held ransom" and "You won't see the end of the contract, I'm going to sell you off"...I can't sell him, no one wants him, and if I stick him in the reserves...will he shut up? Because I'd pay him $120K/week for him to shut his festering gobhole.

I picked "looks like I'll sell you off" and he says "thanks, boss, that's all I needed to hear". Now the hard part, selling a whiny little puke to someone for anything near his value.

He probably wont stop complaining if you move him to the reserves but if you have no intention of using him other than as a last resort there's not much more you can do.

Until recently I hadn't notice any issue with players wanting to leave, id managed in France for years and England without issue. It want until I started a save in Germany that I notices a potential issue. Very early on in the season (9 games in) I had already had 7 players complaining about the lack of first team football and it spoilt the experience becuase I just wasn't enough games to give them the game time

I wonder if the issue is cause becuase in Germany it's 1 game a week and the lack of first team football it triggered more on games within a certain space of time rather than ratio of games played and missed?

Archived