Gundo's FM15 European Adventure Challenge™

No promotions or relegations from the bottom tier.

There is relegation in Scotland since this year. The bottom team plays a game against a lower league side, winner takes the place in the lowest division. (Team gets chosen 2nd may, if you reload the match you can get the lower league team promoted.

Not having any skin in this: Wouldn't it make sense if Holland goes to Big Euro, and Ireland comes here? They feel a bit out of place in big euro.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is relegation in Scotland since this year. The bottom team plays a game against a lower league side, winner takes the place in the lowest division. (Team gets chosen 2nd may, if you reload the match you can get the lower league team promoted.Not having any skin in this: Wouldn't it make sense if Holland goes to Big Euro, and Ireland comes here? They feel a bit out of place in big euro.
Ahh, didn't know it worked like that.

I'm afraid I was beaten to this, but I'm starting this challenge with Beerschot-Wilrijk. I always intended to give this a go in Belgium, and they are the no-brainer choice for a mediocre FM player like me.

Squad

Kind of my thought as well with regards to my mediocre abilities. Don't worry though, I play slow so you'll blow right on by me.

Aris_Thessalonikis.png

Aris FC 2015/16 Review

Transfers - Table - Cup - Nlundulu - Sounas - Finances

At the start of the season I didn't really expect us to get much higher than the predicted 7th but once the signings starting to pour in we had quite a strong side and it showed over the course of the season. In fact if it wasn't for having to play twice a week for the majority of the season after Christmas we would have probably won the division by a distance but the fatigue started to set in after a month of it and we had to settle for 2nd place.

Of course i'm not moaning too much as promotion was much needed given the amount of money we lost over the course of the season but that has also hampered us in some ways because we are limited on the wages we could offer. I am pretty happy with the signings made for the upcoming season though and as long as we avoid relegation this year then I would count it as a success.

We had 2 decent prospects in our youth intake, Dinopapas and Petrousis both potentially leading Superleague players so i'll keep an eye out on their development.

Typically the side I wanted to be originally MGS Panserraikos came up this year and to make it worse have 4/5 4* and above kids from their intake which would have been how i'd have played if I taken them over :rolleyes::D Hopefully if money starts to come in I can nab a couple :D

Unfortunately my original game became corrupted or something when I updated to the full game, has this happened to anybody else??.. :(

So I've started again this time with NK Zelina in Croatia.

Here is me - Manager Profile.

I know I am new to this so sorry if this is a stupid question but when I try to embed an image within my post it won't let me, does anybody know why??

Any help would be great :cool:

EDIT - Also my link to my manager profile doesn't seem to be working either , but I've used the same method I used on my original post :confused: , Somebody please help...

With img you embed pictures in a post (without the space before the final bracket. You have to host them outside the forum, as uploading is not allowed. That said, I prefer links for screenshots and only use the IMG tags for smaller pictures (logo, etc...) to keep loading times short (but maybe that's just me).

And good luck in Croatia of course

Aris_Thessalonikis.png

Aris FC 2015/16 Review

Transfers - Table - European Playoff Group - Cup - McClean - Nazari - Stojcev - Finances

Well if last seasons 2nd place was a shock then this was an even bigger one in the sense I didn't believe we'd finish in the top 4 until just after Christmas. The form of Stojcev was really surprising, he couldn't score to save his life last season and he only got a look in after Kis (who looks a far better player) had a shocking start to the season so it goes to show the better players in terms of attributes aren't always the right fit :D McClean and Nazari were excellent in midfield and their part deserves a big mention too.

We have a really big pre season coming up with the Europa League and domestic matters to contend with, so lots of scout reports to go through and hopefully build a squad to cope with the busy season ahead because this isn't what I expected at the start of the year and our poor finances is going to make it even tougher :(

Career Overview

Season   Division      Position    Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16  National B    2nd         
2016/17  Superleague   2nd        

There is relegation in Scotland since this year. The bottom team plays a game against a lower league side, winner takes the place in the lowest division. (Team gets chosen 2nd may, if you reload the match you can get the lower league team promoted.

Not having any skin in this: Wouldn't it make sense if Holland goes to Big Euro, and Ireland comes here? They feel a bit out of place in big euro.

;) I only added Ireland to Big Euro as I had noticed it not in here due to lack of Promotion/Relegation and some wanted to be able to use it. (Also why the title is 'Big' Euro this year :p)

Gundo if you want to discuss this, am keen, am happy to do the swap if you are going to let Ireland be playable in here, we'll take Netherlands, and you can have Scotland which now has Promotion/Relegation :)

After skipping FM2014 and forgetting my log in details for my old account (blowcrapup) I took the plunge and bought FM15 and decided to try Gundo's challenge. Considering so far my experience with FM15 is losing 7-1, 4-1 and 2-1 I don't expect this save to last very long.

So with out further waffle I can introduce the new manage of Leige in the Belgian Third Division A.

The reset date for Belgium is also still the 30th June.

*Edit* Forgot to say I am using FMC for this to ease myself back in. Hope this is ok.

;) I only added Ireland to Big Euro as I had noticed it not in here due to lack of Promotion/Relegation and some wanted to be able to use it. (Also why the title is 'Big' Euro this year :p)Gundo if you want to discuss this, am keen, am happy to do the swap if you are going to let Ireland be playable in here, we'll take Netherlands, and you can have Scotland which now has Promotion/Relegation :)
Yeah cool, Deal. :) It makes sense, I'll amend the opening post.

Nicely done Duropliponte. Being a participant in the youth challenge myself I fear the second season. After the thrill of keeping the squad up, you're basically left with the same team to do it all over again. I don't really know the level of players in the Belarussian second division.but i feel like Voitsekhovic is living proof of the fact that as long as a player has the physical stats he can be valuable in lower league footbal.

Giving this another shot (last year's got deleted accidently...)

763315_150105.jpg

stadion+sommer.jpg

FK Mjolner of Norway. Founded 1932, plays in Narvik Stadion (8000 seats). Yes, it's named after Thor's hammer. No, they're not that powerful.

The promoted teams for 2015 - Norway

5D38FFAAEE7AEFC5F6AD075485CD1174D957E58E

FK Mjolner's team screen

5D2AF116E5B79DAA8B9ABBDF3F9801FE41CE5BA9

Coach Kent Danielson starting profile

02130FCEB9137B924C34E4F354750B3018058D42

Aris_Thessalonikis.png

Aris FC 2017/18 Review

Transfers - Table - Europa Results - Europa Group - Cup - Castillo - McClean - Finances

An unexpected title but a pretty much deserved one. It went right to the final day and a nervy 1-0 win at home to Panachaiki sealed it on paper but it was probably gaining 4 points in as many days from Olympiakos that made sure for us.

The Europa run was a nice little distraction for us, we got pretty lucky with the draws up until the 2nd knockout where we gave a good account of ourselves but they were still tricky ties to play.

We had a board takeover mid season where the new board took a loan out to put us back in the black for a short while but without the £700k prize money we'd already be back in the red so it's vital we get some luck for the CL qualifiers to put us on a half decent financial footing and hopefully give us the chance to offer better wages as there are plenty of good players interesting in signing but we just can't afford them.

Career Overview

Season   Division      Position    Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16  National B    2nd         
2016/17  Superleague   2nd
2017/18  Superleague   1st        

Duroliponte Good season there and good to see one of your products already making an impact

johnnyquest looking forward to seeing which team you are.

podunkboy good luck with Mjolner

Some great puns it could make, podunkboy, lets say you have a particularly successful champions league group stage, "Mjølner hammers giants of europe!"

Not likely for the immediate future - I can't even hire a scout, making it very difficult to do my job...but then I found a 23-year-old GM candidate who with a little prodding took the Chief Scout position.

Well done on the Title. Not a bad link with Bayern too.:cool:

podunkboy good luck in Norway.:thup:

Cheers Gundo think i'm pretty lucky in the sense there is no money in Greece and there's only one team to challenge ATM, we've improved with 4/5 players over the window and managed to do a bit of work behind the scenes too so a good league position and run in Europe should set us up. The link with Bayern is handy but there seems to be nobody worth taking at the moment so i'll just take the free money :D

I've been sacked :mad: It is absolutely ridiculous, I signed a Dutch winger in the summer named Joroen Lulu, absolutely nothing to suggest he wouldn't settle in the scout reports but just before the transfer window he said he couldn't settle. I offered him a few weeks away which he refused so offered him out on loan but no clubs were interested as he'd just signed. This caused other players to say my treatment was unfair even though I did all I could to resolve the matter.

Things on the pitch hadn't been affected, we were top of the table, beaten Zenit and drew with Schalke in the CL group plus had over £9M in the bank so it is really disappointing. I was tempted to go back a week and see if I could change something but decided against it. Not sure what to do now, it's tempting to try Ireland but not sure yet.

Liverbird93 Good luck in Scotland

I've been sacked :mad: It is absolutely ridiculous, I signed a Dutch winger in the summer named Joroen Lulu, absolutely nothing to suggest he wouldn't settle in the scout reports but just before the transfer window he said he couldn't settle. I offered him a few weeks away which he refused so offered him out on loan but no clubs were interested as he'd just signed. This caused other players to say my treatment was unfair even though I did all I could to resolve the matter.

Things on the pitch hadn't been affected, we were top of the table, beaten Zenit and drew with Schalke in the CL group plus had over £9M in the bank so it is really disappointing. I was tempted to go back a week and see if I could change something but decided against it. Not sure what to do now, it's tempting to try Ireland but not sure yet.

Dexter​, that is seriously tough! i imagine you're gutted. it seems to me to be that players have a lot more power and influence so far from what i have seen.

Dexter​, that is seriously tough! i imagine you're gutted. it seems to me to be that players have a lot more power and influence so far from what i have seen.

Yeah it's really wound me up tbh :( It was totally beyond my control, hopefully it'll get toned down a bit in future patches as i'm sure I can't be the only one it's happened to.

Last year I was really set on doing the youth challenge but after failed careers in Turkey, Netherlands and Russia I decided to get away from challenges for a while. Bounced from country to country but never managed to manage a long save. This year I'm going to give this challenge a go. I'm trying Israel, a place where I never managed before. I will post my profile later on. Played a few games and it could be very challenging but hopefully I survive the first season.

Good luck to everyone!

Hello!

I've taken over HNK Šibenik, a Croatian side who play at Stadion Šubićevac in Šibenik on the Dalmatian coast, part way between the cities of Zadar and Split.

53801_ori_stadium_subicevac.jpg

Šibenik have quite an impressive history, no silverware to speak of but their league performances meant they were actually in Europe as recently as 2010, where they reached the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League. Unfortunately two consecutive relegations quickly followed this, but now the Narančasti are ready to bounce back.

We clinched the title with 2 games to spare. It was a struggle at times (like when our entire midfield was injured or suspended and we lost 1-0 to the bottom team Londerzeel), but in the end my squad was the strongest in the division and it told.

Finances are predictably dire though, and that's despite regular attendances of 8-10k in the third tier!

Full(er) season review when I get to the end of the campaign.

Here is my official entry into this challenge...

I will be managing Nes Ziona from the Israeli National League (second tier). Here is my Manager Profile.

Playing in Israel will be challenging with Foreign players rules. In the National Leage there is a limit of three foreign players in the starting eleven. In the Premier League, that number increases to five. I will probably try and develop my own players if the intakes look decent enough. Youth players cannot play competitively before they turn 17 though.

My playing time is limited with a young child at home by I'm really looking forward to the challenge!

-= Beerschot Season Review 2015/16 =-

Beerschot seems to be a good bet for this challenge this year, judging by how my meagre talents were able to take them to a pretty emphatic title-winning first season. We started fairly slowly but hit top spot exactly half way through the season, and then never gave up our lead, winning the title with two games to spare. We also won the Champions Playoff 1 - 0 (although my post-match team talk upset a few players as I thought there was a second leg to come, and wasn't happy with a 1 - 0 advantage from the "home leg" - d'oh!)

TABLE

As for our star players, Tom Pietermaat was a reliable midfield general while Wannes Van Tricht provided a bit of creativity. Dries Ventose top scored, but he only really came into his own when we signed Mehdi Chtara (pronounced Cheetara, by me at least) in December.

TRANSFERS

Liege 2015-16 Review

Leige managed to survive their 1st season back in the Belgian Third Division with a few games to go. The season started badly with us going on a 8 games losing streak (red box in Results Part 1) before a switch from 4-4-2 to 5-4-1 saw us go on an 14 game unbeaten run (Green box in Results Part 2). Other than that there is nothing really to report.

Next Season Goals

Improve the squad all round

Tweak the tactics a bit to try and lose less or have to avoid having to come back from 2 goals down

AIm for top half of table

League

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Season   |     Division      | Position | Achievements |
------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16     Third Division B     14th         None

RFC Liege 2016-17 Review

Improvement all around this year. There was a bit of a slow start but then we hit our stride and by game 7 we were 3rd. We managed to stick it out for 11 games before we lost our form and dropped to 7th. Apart from a few games where we would climb to 5th, we stayed in or around 7th for the rest of the season. Despite the improvement in the position we only managed to score 1 more goal although this may have been because the start of the last season could have happened before the patch sorted the ridiculous scorelines out. My top goalscorer last year on managed 12 this year instead of 23 but he is now 33. The players signed to replace him just couldn't perform.

Next Season Goals

Sign a goalscorer

Sign a top class defender

Aim for playoff spot or at least top 5

League

Results Page 1

Results Page 2

Season   |     Division      | Position | Achievements |
------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16     Third Division B     14th         None
2016/17     Third Division A     7th           None

_3B70WTNME.gif

Nes Ziona - Season 2015-2016 Review

National League:

We are predicted by the media to finish 11th (out of 16th). It's obvious that we will not make the predicted position without investing heavily in some reinforcements. The squad is large but the quality isn't there. We start the year with only one win in the ten first matches. During that time I'm debating what formation to use and I finally settle on a flat 4-4-2 and a 4-5-1. We then start collecting some points and when we move out of the relegation zone, we never look back. We finish the season in 13th spot, a bit lower than expected but survival was my only goal so I'll take it.

Cups:

Not much to report here, we participated in the State Cup and League Toto Cup but they were not our priority.

Transfers:

I really like the new scouting system in this year's edition but it means you have to take your time to get accurate reports. I'm allowed three foreign players in the starting eleven and the squad only had one so I add a Nigerian defensive mid and a Spanish winger. They were both key figures for us during the season.

Squad (best players):

Usama Sha'aban - Signed the striker at the beginning of the year when it became obvious that our options were not good enough. Scored a decent 16 goals and added five assists. Would be completely unnoticeable for weeks then would have a couple brilliant games which is frustrating but he was still my best option by far.

Tamie For - Probably the biggest surprise on the team. Did not expect him to play much of a role when I took over but ended up starting all but one league match. Was a rock in midfield and chipped in for five goals and eight assists. May not be around much longer as he will turn 34 in the summer.

Victor - Young Spanish winger signed early in the season. Much improved during the season. He scored six and assisted on 13 from the left wing playing as an inside forward.

Finances:

Bad.

Goal for next season:

I would like to be in the top 10 before the split after match 30. I would also like to figure out the finances, we can't keep losing this amount of money every year.

In the off season, the board decided that finishing 13th was not good enough, they wanted a respectable league position. They gave me an ultimatum of seven points in the next five games which I assume will be the first five league matches of season. The club has gone through a successful takeover during the summer but the ultimatum remains.

In the off season, the board decided that finishing 13th was not good enough, they wanted a respectable league position. They gave me an ultimatum of seven points in the next five games which I assume will be the first five league matches of season. The club has gone through a successful takeover during the summer but the ultimatum remains.

Strange one. Boards seem alot more trigger happy this version. In my save a manager got the sack after 5 games and they where only 5 places away from their predicted finish.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll be able to get them seven points.:thup:

HNK Šibenik - 2015/16 - Croatian Second Division

League table - Positions

Great start! After a few teething problems, we settled into a fairly reliable tactic and, despite the odd setback, wrapped up the title on the final day with a 5-0 win over Zagreb.

Squad - Transfers - Finances

Had a very generous transfer budget for a Second Division side, though I'm not sure what my board were thinking considering how much money we've ended up losing, despite me spending far less than I could have.

The squad is currently entirely Croatian, I'm going to see how long I can keep it that way.

Star players

Toni Spanja - At the club before I arrived, but relished in the AMC role behind Coric. Great talent for this level.

Drago Coric - Our most expensive signing, but it paid off with a 24 goal return (and 9 more assists). Too good for this level.

Best new youth - YP01 Valentin Jovanovic

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance | Other
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16 |  2nd Div   |   1st     |  2nd Rnd   |      -      | Drago Coric (24)        |     3,550       | Promotion!

763315_150105.jpg

stadion+sommer.jpg

FK Mjolner of Norway - End of season 2015

League results (A solid 9th out of 14): http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34104000777185585/D32A64A034E17B737FB3EF913BE9FCB1FB1CD5AD/

Finances (that huge spike is from making the quarters in the Norwegian Cup) http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34104000777186855/71A3CB1803262D3B37FEFE8D49967BD5556A0433/

Norwegian Cup Results: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34104000777184156/EE4F8EE57FCBF21A7C3E1B2DCADD0D7B25132F63/

(the 4-3 over Tromsdalen was a key factor in likely saving my job and my sanity)

2nd Division match results (no real consistency): http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34104000777184928/F5B9413A909E7B973552B834396E2986ABFFE5F5/

And the squad results: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34104000777181604/987E36EBDBC832F52FBBFAE1303C7308231BE867/

Top scorers: Borge Henrickson (AML) 18 goals, 7 assists 7.25 Glenn Martin Andreassen (ST) 16 goals 8 assists 7.07

Top assists: Andreas Sorgard Olsen 5 goals 10 assists

Under 19s squad: No immediate help in the pipeline with our facilities http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34104000777183376/C884F5B30BF14E6EA4AD195F99B4AA98DAF86992/

Club Details Screen: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/34104000777186136/5A3077078DC84DA1A93C164C6FD9A3AF00C6E82A/

So, in review, I kept us out of relegation, left us in respectable shape for next season, board renewed my contract for another year at another $25/wk, and I'm taking courses for my first coaching badge. We might challenge next season (although I'm promising nothing) because they've almost doubled my salary budget and tripled my transfer budget (although I'm smart enough to know not to use all of what they've given me...it never ends well). Still can't hire decent staff, maybe next season will be different.

Archived