Gundo's FM15 European Adventure Challenge™

Sektzia-Nes-Tziona.png

Nes Ziona - Israeli Premier League - Season 2021-22 Review

Season Summary

A few changes in the squad and in our improved reputation meant a season of adjustments. For a large part of the season, I think that we are doomed for the drop. In the first 17 matches, we manage only two wins and suffer 12 losses. That means we are in deep trouble. Only a dramatic turn in form could see us save our season. In the next 16 matches we climb back up the table with eight wins and only three losses. To be fair, in the first half of the season our record wasn't really telling the whole story. It was a matter of match after match of "how did we not get a result?". Obviously there were a few drubbing by the big teams but overall we played fairly well. I think it was a matter of teams playing us differently due to our relatively surprising first season in the Premier. It was also a case of me inserting in youngsters that may not have been ready for the step up. See the position graph here. In the end we survived which is what counts.

Table

Squad

Nothing new here in terms of performances. My main guys performed and were key.

Victor - Much better season from the now team icon. I changed my tactic to give him a supporting role this season instead of relying too much on him for offense. He was a step above everyone else in the National League but in the Premier he's not a superstar anymore. Decent output with eight goals and eight assists from the left side.

Jorge Santamaria – Jorge is the heart of the team. He played mostly as an advanced playmaker in the middle of the field. He's consistent but does often pick up knocks despite his high natural fitness. Finished the season with four goals and eleven assists.

Jorge Gil – Player of the year for us. Replaced Victor as our main attacking threat. He loves to run with the ball. Was named in the league's team of the year. He finished the season with 18 goals and seven assists. He's also our first player to be valued at over a million.

Iker Martinez – Last season I was disappointed in Iker's develpment and I expected more from him. This season it's the opposite...I was not expecting much from him but he forced his way back into the first team and improved a lot. I hope it continues. He finished with 14 goals and nine assists.

Transfers

We snatched up an Irish international named Robbie Flood from Shamrock Rovers mid-season. Very excited to add him to the team. Our turning around was partly due to his solid play in defense.

Finances

The board has decided not to invest this season and it shows. Red everywhere!

Goal for next season:

Aiming for mid-table.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disastrous start to the new season and all from an opening game that we should have won easily (18 shots to 6 and lots more possession!). 5 games in, 4 losses, 1 draw and a 0-4 cup defeat to Staal of all teams!

Not looking forward to loading FM up tonight and trying to break this disastorous run. It seems much harder to turn form around in FM15 than previous versions.

Any tips for breaking bad runs of form anyone??

The seasons started good for the club. We reached 2nd in the table after the first 3 months of play. After that we pretty much hung around mid table never really getting outside 5th-8th. A bad last month had the club finish in 8th spot though after being predicted to be relegated so all in all it was a good first season.

Top Performers:

• Daniel Johansson - The clubs top scorer with 17. The problem is he scored all but 3 of those in the first half. At 37 and his dip in form I don't see him coming back if he doesn't retire.
  • Joakin Lindberg - My other striker in the club who notched 13 goals and dished out 9 assists. Will be leaning on him to reproduce those stats next year with a new partner.
  • Martin Sjoblom - At the club when I arrived. Did not expect much from him as he wasnt even a starter. Once he got in though I couldnt take him out. 6 goals and 7 assists. Wage demands might prevent him from coming back.
  • Jonathan Lundin - The clubs star performer at 18. He scored 3 times and setup 13 more from the wing. The strikers struggles the 2nd half of the season hurt him getting more assists. Won leagues best midfielder.

Next season: Hopefully with the wage opened by leaving players we can bring in some more to challenge for a top 5 spot. Had a decent youth intake with some players that can step in and play some games. The best being Freddy Bengtsson who might just slot right into our starting right back spot.

GoalieManPat - The Football Manager

Is there a break in your schedule where you could schedule a midweek or off week friendly against a real small club and smack them around?

Decent first season, nearly always about avoiding relegation first year!:thup:

Yeah tried that and it did help slightly I think, to be honest this season will just be best forgotten and we'll be lucky to avoid the drop. I'm thinking about next season already and what I can do better in terms of player recruitment.

Been attempting this in Iceland, with very little success.

About to head to pastures new, I really want to do it in Scandinavia so maybe Norway or Sweden.

Norway is fun, if not a little frustrating and I enjoy it every version.

[

Finn Harps – 2015- End of Season Update

Finn-Harps-150x150.jpg

League / Graph : We started off a little slow as the team go used to my tactics. I purposely did not go mad in the transfer market as I wanted a settled squad. Things picked up after the poor start and we began to go on a monumental winning streak. We were the best team in this league by a country mile, given the poor start I think we did fantastic.

Cups : A quarter final appearance was great and I was a little gutted to go out when we did. I do enjoy a good cup run.

Transfers : Very quiet as more left than came in.

Finances : Poor as normal

Stars

Jordan Loftus – Great striker. He is on loan at the moment. I will really try to bring him in on a permanent deal but I feel it may be difficult. He ,may have another loan spell. He is good enough to produce at a high level.

Carel Tiofack – Not a great player but has over performed this year. He has earned his starting place for next year.

Sean McCarron – Another player who has played beyond expectations he is fantastic. I did not think he would score anywhere near the level of goals he has done this year.

Career Summary

Season   Team              League              Position   Achievements   Europe   SCC        LC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015     Finn Harps    Irish First Division     1st       Champions       N/A    1/4 Final   2nd Rnd

Next Season

The only requirement for next year is to stay up in the Premier League. I think I have a decent enough to squad to cope with the demands of a higher league but a few new faces wont go a miss. If the season goes ok I would like a cup run as the quarter final appearance was good this year.

So then...THIS happened...

A73649976D6946A4BAF5064233808E29B06CBE0D

they gave me every opportunity (and a one-month "shape-up" warning), but nothing seemed to work. Norway is unforgiving...

BC4860BF01451A98E862913215FDAF2D42B0DE5B

odd thing, though, while I was trying to save my job I had about 6 offers from other teams at my level in better circumstances throwing offers at me. If I hadn't been playing this challenge I would have taken one. I'm going to lick my wounds for awhile and maybe consider a re-start in another country.

ril_zps5f17c053.png

Randaberg IL - 2018 - Norwegian 2.Division Group 3

League table

Disastorous season from start to finish. Kenneth Grande was a huge miss and he couldn't be replaced. Lots of poor performances from an average bunch and player unrest for not giving other poor players game time. Got hammered 0-4 by Staal in cupen first round. A season best forgotten.

Squad

Star players

Mathis Bringaker - Had this youngster on loan in my first season and decided to give him a second chance and he did ok in place of Grande.

Klaus Vikesdal Petersen - Our best player, only problem is his age now and so it's another good player I will struggle to replace.

Martin Hummervoll - Joint top scorer with only 5! Won't sign a new contract.

The Next Martin Ødegaard's...

Aleksander Sivertsen - Become first choice and progressed alot in terms of attribute development from the start.

Sondre Jensen - Poor, handful of chances not taken and will likely be released

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance | Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2015 | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Christer Håland (15)         | 203       | None 
2016 | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Mathias Perttamo (11)        | 154       | None
2017 | 2nd Div |      4th     | 2nd Rnd   |      -      | Martin Hummervoll (8)        | 187       | None
2018 | 2nd Div |     11th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Hummervoll/Petersen (5)      | 150       | None

So then...THIS happened...A73649976D6946A4BAF5064233808E29B06CBE0Dthey gave me every opportunity (and a one-month "shape-up" warning), but nothing seemed to work. Norway is unforgiving...BC4860BF01451A98E862913215FDAF2D42B0DE5Bodd thing, though, while I was trying to save my job I had about 6 offers from other teams at my level in better circumstances throwing offers at me. If I hadn't been playing this challenge I would have taken one. I'm going to lick my wounds for awhile and maybe consider a re-start in another country.
Sorry to hear that. I think I'll be walking the same path shortly.

[

Finn Harps – 2016- End of Season Update

Finn-Harps-150x150.jpg

League / Graph : We started off well in this new season in a new league. We did very well in recording an early win. Things went slightly downhill from there as we struggled, injuries hit us hard this as we struggled throughout. When players were back fit then we were great but unfortunately that was not very often. In the end we did enough to secure another season in the Premier Division.

Cups : An early exit from one of the cups was not great but a semi final appearance in the other was fantastic. We were very unlucky not to get to the final.

Transfers : A few more decent players in to add to the squad depth.

Finances : Rubbish

Stars

Jordan Loftus – Another superb season from the loanee but as he was injured for so long he was not as prolific as he could have been. I again will try to get him.

Oisin Hassett – Another decent player who can play in multiple positions. He is a very good player and one that should improve.

Lorcan Shannon – Decent winger came in this year and did very well for us this year. Another who will get better.

Career Summary

Season   Team              League              Position   Achievements   Europe   SCC        LC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015     Finn Harps    Irish First Division    1st       Champions        N/A    1/4 Final   2nd Rnd
2016     Finn Harps    Irish Premier Div       9th       Survived         N/A     2nd Rnd   Semi Final

Next Season

Decent enough season for us this year, I would like to stay up again next year but hopefully with a bit more time to go. I think a mid table finish this year will be good enough for us. Again another cup run would be excellent for us.

Also, my job became very insecure when the season finished, I attended a Board meeting where they set me a target to get 9 points in my next 5 games. Pressure on...:(

And this is the opening 4 games that saved my job and ultimately got me a new contract. :D

Home 6-0 Pors WON

Away 0-0 Vidar DREW

Home 2-0 Asker WON

Home 2-0 Asane WON

Time knuckle down now and try to have a better season this time round!

Upside, Jordan Loftus who I have had on loan for two years has finally signed for me on a free after his contract expired with Sligo expired. Brilliant
Good job on survival Ashton. You don't half motor through the seasons!

And this is the opening 4 games that saved my job and ultimately got me a new contract. :D

Home 6-0 Pors WON

Away 0-0 Vidar DREW

Home 2-0 Asker WON

Home 2-0 Asane WON

Time knuckle down now and try to have a better season this time round!

Great stuff pal, could this be the year?

Good job on survival Ashton. You don't half motor through the seasons!

Off work at the moment so nothing else to do.

billetterie.jpg

Stade de Vidette, Boussu (home of Marcel Marceau - the town, not the stadium...)

Royal Francs Borains

club founded 1922

my manager

B65435AC51FB8CBEBE8729CA968596333577CB18

club information page

E506594255640278AF899A11855D47408F8C4298

The end-of-season results/promotions to the 3rd tier of Belgian football

4E4A8809DE77C4CB4E32804843712AA238096D96

[

Finn Harps – 2017- End of Season Update

Finn-Harps-150x150.jpg

League / Graph : We started off struggling this year as we seemed to be unable to pick up a win from anywhere. I eventually managed to turn the tide and we had a very decent mid season which meant that we pulled ourselves right up the league. We then suffered an awful end to the year as we struggled to get any wins and this meant that we got sucked into a relegation battle, eventually we had just about enough to stay up and secure our place for next year.

Cups : We really should have done better than we did this year and should have got a little further.

Transfers : All five players came in and did a job for us, we have a much better team than we did last year.

Finances : Rubbish

Stars

Eoin Barry – An excellent young player who came in this year. He is superb and hopefully will get better and better. I will be playing him in a much more prominent role next year.

Ciarin Coll – Somewhat of an unsung hero. This excellent player has been great for us since I joined the team. He is a fantastic player, really dependable and hard working.

Lorcan Shannon – Another great season from our best wide player. He is excellent and a real star, I am hoping that he will stay next year as he has been garnering some real interest from bigger teams here.

Career Summary

2015     Finn Harps    Irish First Division    1st       Champions        N/A    1/4 Final   2nd Rnd
2016     Finn Harps    Irish Premier Div       9th       Survived         N/A     2nd Rnd   Semi Final
2017     Finn Harps    Irish Premier Div       10th                       N/A     2nd Rnd   1/4 Final

Next Season

I would like to get into a final next year and try to bring home a trophy. I also would like to break into a more secure mid table spot. I was close to doing it this year so I don't see any reason as to why not.

God it is tough to bring players into my squad that will kick us onto the next level.

No one seems to want to come and those that do are not good enough to improve my squad. I feel that I may stick around the lower reaches of the Irish Prem for some time.

This new scouting system is not great

God it is tough to bring players into my squad that will kick us onto the next level.

No one seems to want to come and those that do are not good enough to improve my squad. I feel that I may stick around the lower reaches of the Irish Prem for some time.

This new scouting system is not great

That sounds like my struggles too, at least its making the game more realistic though.

That sounds like my struggles too, at least its making the game more realistic though.

It is certainly making it that. I have done another season very much the same really. Although next year should be better as I have gone for it a little more in the market with players contracts expiring

[

Finn Harps – 2018- End of Season Update

Finn-Harps-150x150.jpg

League / Graph : Inconsistent is the best way to describe our performance. On our day we were excellent and beat any team around. We did not have enough of those days though. We were miles away from trouble throughout and miles away from the top also. All in all we are now a stable Premier League team and I suppose that is all we can ask for. I was pleased but could not shake the feeling that it could have been a little better. I suppose we know have the best squad I have had here and we did finish with more points and higher than have done so far. Small steps.

Cups : Came up short in the Senior Cup but in the League Cup we excelled and were fantastic unfortunately we came up against the best team in Ireland in the semis.

Transfers : Players came in to make the squad better and they really did that.

Finances : Getting worse

Stars

Liam Flatley – Came in the off season and he has been superb this year. His name has been banded around for the Young Player of the Year

Peter Durrand – Came in last year and has been excellent for us. He scores for fun and has really come into his own since a below par first year

Lorcan Shannon – Fantastic season once again for the lad he is a belter and is doing really well for us. I am absolutely chuffed with his progression.

Career Summary

2017     Finn Harps    Irish Premier Div       10th                       N/A     2nd Rnd   1/4 Final
2018     Finn Harps    Irish Premier Div       7th                        N/A     3rd Rnd   Semi Final

Next Season

I will look to continue these small steps, I am pretty happy with the progress thus far and so I would like to continue. In an ideal world a top 5 finish and a cup that would be perfect.

yeah...I don't think I'm going to like Belgium - I'm signing these players I need RIGHT NOW, and evidently there's some sort of rule that if you sign a player at your level or below, you don't get them for a year. By the time they all arrive, I'll be sacked 9 months previously.

yeah...I don't think I'm going to like Belgium - I'm signing these players I need RIGHT NOW, and evidently there's some sort of rule that if you sign a player at your level or below, you don't get them for a year. By the time they all arrive, I'll be sacked 9 months previously.

Stick it out mate. Second season is always easier

[

Finn Harps – 2019- End of Season Update

Finn-Harps-150x150.jpg

League / Graph : Rubbish, would be the politest way of describing that season. We were not even nearly good enough. We were never in any real danger of going down, but never in any danger of getting an higher than we finished. We actually started off ok but could not maintain this throughout. In the end we finished with less points than we have ever had done so I am not pleased.

Cups : Brilliant. We got to the 1/4 finals of the League cup but the big story was the Senior Challenge where we reached the final edging past a superb Dundalk team in the process.

Transfers : Good players came in but did not do enough.

Finances : Getting worse

Stars

Liam Flatley – He had a good year but was nearly as good as last year. I would hope he returns to his former glory next season.

Gavan Holohan – Decent player who has been here for a few years now. One I have expected a lot more from, he has never really delivered but has been ok this year.

Stephen Dooley – Decent frst season here for us. Another one I think will go from strength to strength.

Career Summary

2018     Finn Harps    Irish Premier Div       7th                        N/A     3rd Rnd   Semi Final
2019     Finn Harps    Irish Premier Div       10th                       N/A     R/UP      1/4 Final

Next Season

God this season was poor. I suppose I will need to focus back on the league a little more next year. As always first job will be stay up and then go from there, I would ideally like to get into the top 6.

Oulun Palloseura

OulunPalloseuera.png

Ykkonen - 1st

Overview

I wasn't expecting promotion in my first season (particularily after the debacle in my failed attempt as Lillehammer) but we started strongly and kept up the momentum. Ilves ran us close for top spot but we secured promotion on the last day relatively comfortably in the end. Striker Kastrati was probably the star but most players aquited themselves well.

I have lined up a number of good young players to come in for next season. Vahid Hambo was the Ykkonen player of the season for Ilves and joins for £50k. He should form a strong partnership with Kastrati in attack.

The Team

GK Juhani Koponen

WB Juuso Majava

CB Alex De John

CB Aleksi Ojanpera

FB Alex Arinze

RM Yerai

AP Hafid Salhi

DLP Sergei Korsunov

W Ymer Xhaferi

AF Mika Ahonen

DLF Kastriot Kastrati

Incoming Transfers

Lauri Ala-Myllymaki

Solomon Duah

Vahid Hambo

Iiro Jarvinen

Robin Sid

Year	League Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	Cup	LigaCup	Achievement
2015	Ykkonen	1st	NA	NA	5thRnd	NA	Promoted

Oh dear not looking good for me. I think this could be my last year with the Harps as the board have put my job stability at unstable. I am awaiting for my call saying I need X amount of points in X amount of games.
I hate it when that happens! Good luck I'm sure you can come through this.

[

Finn Harps – 2020- End of Season Update

Finn-Harps-150x150.jpg

League / Graph : We did not do very well this year at all. We played well at the start of the year but were awful in the middle of the season. Towards the end of the year we turned things around and got ahead a little bit. All in all the season was not great but we looked a lot better than we were as others played worse. In the end the season was better than I thought but due to the poor performance of others.

Cups : Crap in cup. League cup did very well but came up short. The IAC was a new addition for us and we enjoyed it, it was great to get to the semi finals.

Transfers : Decent players came in. They all played a part for me

Finances : Crap

Stars

Liam Flatley – Not bad from him, he is ok but should be doing better in the position he plays in.

Gavan Holohan – Probably the best player this year in what was another poor year. He really did pull the strings from the middle of the park.

Anthony O'Haloran – Great season from the young lad. He came in this year which was superb so all in all he has done great

Career Summary

Season        League              Position  Europe   SCC        LC          IAC         Top GoalScorer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015         Irish First Division    1st     N/A     1/4 Final 2nd Rnd       N/A          Sean McCarron (23)
2016         Irish Premier Div       9th     N/A     2nd Rnd   Semi Final    N/A          Sean McCarron (15)
2017         Irish Premier Div       10th    N/A     2nd Rnd   1/4 Final     N/A          Bidemi Alofabi (12)
2018         Irish Premier Div       7th     N/A     3rd Rnd   Semi Final    N/A          Peter Durand (15)
2019         Irish Premier Div       10th    N/A     R/UP      1/4 Final     N/A          Jordan Loftus (9)
2020         Irish Premier Div       8th     N/A     2nd Rnd   Semi Final    Semi Final   Liam Flatley (18)

Next Season

I would like a better season and another push forward is needed really because I cant have another season like this one.

ril_zps5f17c053.png

Randaberg IL - 2019 - Norwegian 2.Division Group 3

PROMOTION!!!!!!:thup::thup::thup:

League table

Would never have expected to win the Title and promotion after initially playing for my job in the first five games of the season. It went to the final round of fixtures and a win would secure the Title and win we did, 2-0 away to 9th place Fana. Finally seem to be getting some where with tactics aswel, which is a relief! Cupen form, we faired slightly better and suffered a passionate effort in defeat against top flight Odd 2-3. Mathias Paulsen became RIL's leading appearence holder with 187. Achieved a record average attendance of 250.:)

Squad

Star players

Klaus Vikesdal Petersen - Super season again in the deep lying playmaker role; pulling the strings. Don't know how much he'll start next season due to his age and higher division but a credit to the club.

Espen Flære - Huge signing at the end of last season. Dominated charging forward from midfield.

Leif Rondesveit - This guy was the missing link in the puzzle and played the Complete Forward (s) role brilliantly. Top Scorer and a Dodgy haircut.

The Next Martin Ødegaard's...

Aleksander Sivertsen - This guy has become a huge part of my defence and he has fast become my favourite RIL player. We suffered for form when he was out injured for two months and on his return we picked up again.

One or two others I will track who have just come through the youth and look fairly promising.

Next season...

Survive and progress further than the 2nd round in the cup!

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance | Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2015    | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Christer Håland (15)         | 203       | None 
2016    | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Mathias Perttamo (11)        | 154       | None
2017    | 2nd Div |      4th     | 2nd Rnd   |      -      | Martin Hummervoll (8)        | 187       | None
2018    | 2nd Div |     11th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Hummervoll/Petersen (5)      | 150       | None
2019    | 2nd Div |      1st     | 2nd Rnd   |      -      | Rondesveit (13)              | 250       | Promotion!

Archived