Gundo's FM15 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sacked : Dressing room disharmony, poor performances for more than three years. I am gutted to have got the bullet. Absolutely gutted

Really sorry to hear that Ashton. Player power in this version is very high, too high in my opinion. I've had a few issues also the past couple of seasons.:(

What next for your?

Player power seems to be stupidly powerful. I think that teamed with a particularly poor season resulted in my long tenure being over.

I am having a little look around with players now but I think Wales is the most probable. I will start something tonight but as I start my new job tomorrow I wont be playing at the same speed.

Oulun Palloseura

OulunPalloseuera.png

Veikkausliiga - 10th

Overview

The season started disastrously with thrashings in the cups and seven straight league defeats. Improved form immediately prior to the mid-season break saw us pick up 7 points from 3 games giving us some hope. The second portion of the season was much improved. Form never exceded that of a mid-table team but this was sufficient to drag us clear of trouble and we were fairly comfortablely clear of relegation in the end.

The team was heavy on domestic imports initially and in retrospect I probably overspent. £200k went on four young Finns, of whom only Obed Malolo was starting regularily by the close of the season. A number of quality Foreign arrived during the season, mainly due agent recommendations. The likes of Nigerian striker Uche Agba and Argentine midfielder Sebastian Gonzalez did extremely well. Both will probably be sold in the summer to bring in some transfer funds.

Next season I am aiming for finishing more comprehensively in mid-table and perhaps push towards Europe.

The Team

GK Vlado Giljen

FB Boris Rotenberg

CB Tapio Heikkila

CB Aleksi Ojanpera

WB Jyrki Salmi

W Walter Busse

DLP Glen Kamara

AP Sebastian Gonzalez

WM Obed Malolo

DLF Lauri Dalla Valle

AF Uche Agba

Year	League 		Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	Cup	LigaCup	Achievement
2015	Ykkonen		1st	NA	NA	5thRnd	NA	Promoted
2016	Veikkausliga	10th	NA	NA	6thRnd	GrpStg	Survival

I take back everything I might have hastily said about Belgium (at least for now)...I'm LOVING it at Francs Borains. Injuries so far are manageable, my tactic is solid (although I can't wrap my head around a 4-4-2 diamond with no one solidly stationed in the middle of the pitch), and we're in first, one point ahead with a 7-2-0 record. I still live in fear of the coming hard fall back to Earth, but for now, thing are well.

Sorry to hear about your untimely termination, ashton321 - not much worse than logging three seasons and then sent packing.

I was gutted. I had done 6 seasons nearly 7.

I have restarted with Llandudno were doing really well and really enjoying it thus far.

Gundo - cracking news looks like onwards and upwards for you.

podunkboy - seems to be going well so far mate keep it up.

Season 2017 Review

FCDjursland_zpsb57f8e31.png

FC Djursland

Season Review: I'm playing this career quite slowly because I've started full-time work and the way I play FM has changed this year. Anyway, I have to say that I'm impressed we managed to finish the season well above expectations. With 3-4 games left, it would seem we would end in 7th or 8th position, but since the gap in points between the 3rd to 11th placed team were not too wide, we did well enough to secure 4th place. Not bad for a newly promoted team.

Board expectations:

First Division: Avoid relegation

Media prediction: 12th

Danish Cup: Second Round

Results:

First Division: 4th | League Table | Season Summary - Forgot to save the "Player Stats" page.

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Marco Elver: Personally, I was worried he was underperforming, but looking at his stats now, maybe I was wrong. 10 goals and 19 assists isn't underperforming at all. 2017/18 Fans' Player of the Year, Most Assists in the league and named in the Team of the Year.

Mikkel Romer: Managed to dislodge Morten Hjorth after finding his form. A bit worried that he isn't gonna improve though. Names in Team of the Year for the First Division.

Soren Thomsen: Another player who probably will not improve. Nonetheless, had a good season and performed consistently. Having problems finding a replacement though.

Youth Prospect:

Claus Iversen | Year 1

Martin Korsgaard | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3

Rene Rask | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3

Next Season's Goals:

1) Mid-Table

2) Strengthen the team

Year   Division          Position   Danish Cup      Notes
2015   Second Division      5th     Second Round       -
2016   Second Division      1st     Third Round     Promoted
2017   First Division       4th     Second Round           -

billetterie.jpg

Gee, that went well...

21606B410049EE33B7D0515A2B87651FC6601E04

BD33D4CD2AD2FF7C2086B043390FBE67CD95FE2B

7FD5DAAA92249C55DCF83FBE02A179EC428D2BCF

Season review - I really was worried when I started the save and discovered that due to the rules of Belgian football, you can't sign players at your league level or below for immediate transfer, leaving me with a pile of prospects I wouldn't see for an entire year. As a result, I had to pull in four loan players to shore up the team and fill in with some free agents. Injuries were amazingly never a real problem, I never had more than 2-3 players out for no more than 1-2 months at a time.

The third level of Belgian football qualifies teams for the playoffs every 1/3rd of the season, and I missed qualifying the first two times by one point each time, so it was with tremendous relief that we clinched the league and the automatic playoff promotion with two games to spare.

Top players for the season included 32-year-old striker Yannick Lacam, who knocked in 37 G and added 14 A in 37 appearances, and 36-year-old Sebastian Alliotte, who added 18 G and 8 A in 30 appearances.

Next season should be interesting, as the club is still semi-pro, scraping every available penny to stay afloat (they reduced my available transfer income to 5%), and they can't seem to find money to relay the pitch, send anyone on coaching courses, or upgrade our downgraded training facilities. But with my new signings from last year and a couple pick-ups (and dumping half my coaching squad for upgrades), we might just avoid relegation next season. In fact, to get another $3k/wk in player salary, I'm betting on us staying up.

Sektzia-Nes-Tziona.png

Nes Ziona - Israeli Premier League - Season 2022-23 Review

League : We start the season by losing our first two matches against teams we should be beating. I'm panicking. I do a lot of game and squad analysis and come to the conclusion that we've probably been unlucky or we're just that bad. Then we proceed to only get beaten twice in the next 14 matches. We establish ourselves in the third position in the table below the "big two". We then hit a very bad stretch of games during the usual adjustment period of December to February. The good news is that the teams below us are equally bad during that time so we get to keep our third position. We pick ourselves up and we battle to the end for a European spot that we clinch with four matches to go. Europa league, here we come.

Squad : Iker Martinez had a great season with 29 goals in all competitions along with fellow Spaniard Jorge Gil who finished with 16 goals and 16 assists. I'm very happy with the youngsters Hafton and Kahila who are finally giving me hope that we'll end up with decent fullbacks in the future.

Finances - Transfers - Squad Depth - U19 Squad

What's next?: With the Europa Cup coming up, we may need a bit more depth in most positions. As I've mentioned before, it's difficult to find good domestic players and we're limited to five foreign players so getting quality is challenging. I try to buy young and develop myself. My only goal this season is to improve some of our facilities.

Oulun Palloseura

OulunPalloseuera.png

Veikkausliiga - 1st

Overview

I thought it was a little harsh when we were tasked to challenge for the title. I was aiming more for mid-table with a possible run at Europe. In the end we started strongly and were top for most of the first two thirds of the season. Poor form in the run in cost us however and we were dragged back into a pack of 5 chasing teams. Going into the final 3 games we were well off the pace and six points behind top placed VPS. A draw and a win left while VPS lost both their games left us second placed going into the last game of the season. The final game was away at VPS. A win would be enough for us to take the title. Four clubs were within a point of us however meaning we could have ended up outside the European places altogether if we failed to win. Goals from Cuero and Koski secured a 2-1 win. We took the title with 59 points, Jaro finished on the same points but goal difference saw us top. Three other teams all finished a point behind us on 58 points.

The team has a handful of quality South Americans supplemented with a few experienced re-patriated Finnish internationals and a handful of promising youngsters. We have a small squad however and not a massive amount of funds to expand it. Hopefully a run in Europe next season might give us funds to expand and push on. We have progressed more rapidly than I expected. I certainly didn't expect to be winning titles so soon.

The Team

GK Teppo Marttinen - 20 year old Finnish keeper signed from JJK at the start of the season on a free.

WB Jukka Raitala - Finland international fullback. Signed from Heerenveen at the start of the season. Previously played in La Liga and the Bundesliga.

CB Jeol Mero - Centre-back signed from Gladback in the Bundesliga in July.

CB Bruno Valdez - Paraguayan Centre-back signed from Cerro Porteno at the start of the season.

FB Jyrki Salmi - 18 year old fullback. Has played 2 full seasons since signing as a 16 year old. Developing steadily.

WM Edwin Cardona Colombian winger was the start of the season with 9 goals and 12 assists in the league.

AP Tuomo Koski - Young playmaker won his place early in the season. Had a decent season and looks one for the future.

DLP Sakari Mattila - Defensive midfielder played in Italy, Switzerland and Norway before signing last season.

W Obed Malolo - 20 year old Finn had a good season. Has developed well since joining from HJK last season.

AF Mauricio Cuero - 24 year old Colombian. Started the season strongly but suffered a goal drought towards the end of the season.

AF Lauri Dalla Valle - Finnish forward once on the books of Liverpool and Fulham. Scored 18 goals.

Year		League Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	Cup	LigaCup	Achievement
2017	Veikkausliga	1st	NA	NA	QtrFnl	Winner	Champions, Liga Cup winner

Oulun Palloseura

OulunPalloseuera.png

Veikkausliiga - 5th

Champions League - 2nd Qualifying Round

Suomen Cup - Winner

Overview

A disappointing season in the league on paper with a fifth place finish. It was positive though in the sense that I have a number of young players who are developing well. In the end we still qualified for Europe as we collected the Suomen Cup with an extra time victory over FC Haka.

The star of the side is undoubtably Tuomo Koski. I signed him as a 16 year old three seasons ago from TPS, by the start of this season he was attracting bids from some of Europes including Valencia and Sevilla. I turned down a £3m offer in February, although the money would help push on the club on a level I like developing homegrown players so am reluctant to sell him. He is already a fixture in the Finnish national side and was 2nd place in the Veikausliiga player of the year awards.

The Team

GK Frederic Gotte - Finnish International keeper released by Monaco in July. A big signing for the team.

WB Jukka Raitala - Fullback capped 30 times by Finland. Arrived from Heerenveen two seasons ago.

CB Joel Mero - Centreback signed from Gladbach last season.

CB Tapio Heikkila - Spent most of last season on loan at Eupen. Returned and won his place back. Signed 3 seasons ago from HJK.

FB Jyrki Salmi - 19 year old fullback has been a fixture for 3 seasons.

WM Edwin Cardona - Colombian right midfielder was less effective than last season. Injuries didn't help.

AP Tuomo Koski - Star 19 year old midfielder. Signed a new 5 year contract in July despite interest from Spain and England.

DLP Fredrik Lassas - 22 year old Finnish internation Had a decent season in the deep midfield role after arriving from HJK for £100k.

W Obed Malolo - Young winger and captain of the side. May be replaced this season by a player with more pace.

AF Juha Muurimaki - 17 year old played a handful of games mainly on the right wing. I have decided to give him a regular place next season.

DLF Lucas Lingman - 20 year old number ten with 4 caps for Finland. Arrived from HJK for £150k last preseason.

2018	Veikkausliga	5th	2ndQlf	NA	Winner	QtrFnl	Cup Winner

Would it be okay to partake in this year's challenge using FM14?
Yeah I don't see why not, just remember to use the [FM14] at the start of your end of season report so others can distinguish between what version. :)

[FM14]

HK's 2014 Season

Competitions

Table - League Positions - Upper League Cup - Icelandic Cup - Transfers - Finances

Key Players

Hafsteinn Briem - 23 year old Centre Mid signed for £20k. Worth every penny, when he played well, we played well. 11 assists from 33 matches was a great return from Briem, captained the side on one or two occasions. Future full time captain.

Guðmundur Steinn Hafsteinsson - 25 year old Striker signed for £8k. Did a great job as the lone striker, happy to bang goals in from 30 yards but uncomfortable with tap-ins! 11 in 30 was a decent return but looking for a 1 in 2 man next season.

An up and down first season which started really positively but ended with a sour taste of what could have been. Going into the last two matches we faced third placed Haukur who were level on points with us but had inferior goal difference, and runaway leaders Fjolnir. Our penultimate league fixture against Haukur was almost a winner-takes-all match, which we unfortunately bottled, losing 2-1 to a last minute goal after we had both been reduced to 10 men. We were 1-0 down at half time and 10 minutes into the second half I decided that we had to go gung ho as we just could not afford to lose this match, we managed to draw level and then, uncharacteristically, I decided that I would hold back a little as I didn't want to risk conceding a late goal...

Now my emotions have settled, I am very happy with our first season, I set myself the target of finishing third in our Upper League Cup group and to survive our first season in the First Division. As you can see we more than surpassed both targets.

Highlights of the season include getting to the Cup semi-final and losing narrowly to KR who would go on to finish fourth in the Premier Division.

We took four points from Fjolnir, who were comfortable winners of the division, so that bodes well for next year.

Year League         Pos. Upper Lge Cup  Icela. Cup Achievement
2014 1. Deild Karla 3rd	  Semi-Final     3rd Rnd   Consolidated

Is anyone receiving offers for your good players? I have a couple really good players and find it weird that no one ever comes in with a transfer bid for them. If I had to guess it's probably due to having only the one nation loaded.

Is anyone receiving offers for your good players? I have a couple really good players and find it weird that no one ever comes in with a transfer bid for them. If I had to guess it's probably due to having only the one nation loaded.

Not yet, but I'm not in the top flight yet and I don't have any top players, just couple of consistent ones.

JuulDK - Gundo's European Adventure Challenge - Denmark - AB Taarnby

782-ab-taarnby.jpg

THE BEGINNING

Manager Profile

Club Info

Facilities

Squad

So... This is my very first FM challenge ever. I've played Football Manager like crazy ever since I remember, all the way back to when it was called Championship Manager, but I've just never felt like trying out this sort of stuff. But now I'm all for it, and I'm gonna give this a go as my first, so here goes my FM Challenge virginity ;)

While holidaying the first season I was hoping for some new teams to get promoted instead of the usual teams like FC Djursland, Aarhus Fremad, Otterup and so on. But when that sadly didn't happen, I chose to go with AB Taarnby. AB Taarnby is a club from Amager near Copenhagen, which was founded in January 2009 when Taarnby Boldklub and Amager Boldklub 1970 merged together.

The 2015/16 season will be the first season ever in the Danish Second Division, so of course the goal is to avoid relegation. The media prediction is a 14th place out of 16 teams. I don't really know if my personal goal is that much different from the board's goal since I don't know the club and players that well, but Top 10 would definitely be a job well done.

I'm planning on using a self-created tactic. The formation is a 4-1-2-2-1 (4-3-3), and you can take a look at it here if you want to :) So now I'm off to secure that my team is ready for the new season and the new tactic.

'Till next time....

Sektzia-Nes-Tziona.png

Nes Ziona - Israeli Premier League - Season 2023-24 Review

League : We start the year with a bang with eight wins and one draw in our first nine matches. We're first in the league at that point. Our form then dips a bit with losses mixed with wins and we settle as a strong second place team. A tough stretch of games during the usual difficult January and February months allows M. Haifa to catch up and take over second place. We end up finishing in third position for the second year in a row but with a team record 62 points. With the league reputation increasing, that third place will now result in us going straight into the group stage of the Europa League.

Europa Results : So with last year's third place finish, we begin our European adventure in the third qualifying round. Unluckily we get a very tough draw by getting Ligue 1 outfit LOSC. Looking at their team, they are definitely a notch above us. In the first leg at home we surprise everyone including ourselves with a very entertaining 4-2 win. Unfortunately, the return draw sees us completely dominated and we lose 3-0 to get eliminated.

Squad : Jorge Gil is once again our player of the year. He finished the season with 18 goals and 17 assists. Other strong notables were our strikers Iker Martinez and Firas Khalaf. They combined for 38 goals. We play primarily a one striker tactic so I usually go with who's hotter.

Finances : Finances are awful. We've been in the red for the last two years resulting in my wage budget being cut by roughly a third before the season started. Some big contracts are running out so we may see some changes sooner than later. Hopefully being in the group stage of the Europa will mean a profit.

Transfers : snagged Eyal Dahan from M. Haifa at the beginning of the season as a backup and he's been a very pleasant surprise. Very good technique and he seems to really enjoy playing as a playmaker. He could become a key member of the team.

Overview

A second consecutive 5th placed finish. Not as good as I would have wanted but there are a large number of youngsters in the side. We have a good basis for going forward. I shipped out all the remaining foreigners in the team and brought in some of the most promising young finns to take their place. We were duly inconsistant but as these players gain experience we will improve. I am hopeful of a top four finish next time out and would like to have a go at the title.

The Team

GK Frederic Gotte

WB Kalle Ollikainen

CB Vaitteri Moren

CB Dani Hatakki

FB Jyrki Salmi

WM Axel Ahlberg

AP Tuomo Koski

DLP Fredrik Lassas

W Jyrki Niskanen

AF Juha Muurimaki

DLF Lucas Lingman

2019	Veikkausliga	5th	NA	3rdQlf	QtrFnl	QtrFnl	

782-ab-taarnby.jpg

So the first transfer window has just closed, and I was very active since I needed to shape my squad so that it fits my tactic, and I arrived at the club as the only staff member so I also needed to hire all new staff. Here you can take a quick look at how my first couple of months has progressed.

2015 Season

Competitions

Table - League Positions - Upper League Cup - Icelandic Cup - Transfers - Finances

Key Players

Rúrik Porfinsson - 23 year old RW, has improved massively since last season, taught him the pass instead of shoot PPM which has enabled him to make better decisions from tight angles! 17 goals, 5 assists from 34 matches took us to the title.

Arnar Már Gudjónsson - 28 year old CM that has replaced Briem (he's moved to the CMs position) as Advanced Playmaker, everything goes through him, really solid. 13 assists and 3 goals in 33 matches.

Overview

The season started well with us finishing third in our Upper League Cup group, thus qualifying as one of the two best third placed sides. This drew us against a strong KR team, which we took all the way to penalties and unfortunately lost after a 1-1 draw. The match was full of chances but neither of the two teams could convert more than their solitary goal.

Every two years, the position of Chairman is voted for by supporters and on the 14th April a new Chairman, Ómar Porgeirsson was elected and he instantly loaned the club £230,000 to clear debts and help running costs, this is being repaid, with a £70,000 interest, over the next 15 years. Let's hope we can clear that before then!

We did a lot better in the Icelandic Cup this season, we comfortably dispatched non-league Skallagrimur, then beat high-flying Úrvalsdeild side and local rivals Breidablik on penalties, followed by seeing off promotion-chasing Fram in the fourth round, before being beaten by ÍA in the quarter final, who would go on to win the cup, beating KA in the final. Incidentally, both finalists are in our division, meaning ÍA will play in the Euro Cup next season!

We were really solid this season, as I was hoping we would be, and comfortably won the league, even if Fram did take it to the last match of the season, in truth we were the best team in the league and deserved to win the title. We exceeded expectations in both cups, losing to stronger opposition in the Upper League Cup and to the eventual winners in the Icelandic Cup.

Next Season

Judging by our performance in the cups I think we're better than some of the teams in the top division, first season in any league I just want to stay up but I'm confident of a mid-table position.

2015 1. Deild Karla 1st   Quarter-Final  Qtr-Final  Promotion

Gundo's European Adventure Challenge

AB Taarnby

2015/16 Season Review

782-ab-taarnby.jpg

League Position: 13th

As mentioned in the season preview this was the very first season ever in the Danish division system for AB Taarnby, so the Board's aim were to survive relegation while I personally would've been more than satisfied with a Top 10 finish. When we reached the dreadful winter break we were in 10th place, and we managed to stay in that position after the first two games after the break. But despite a couple of what I personally call great signings for a team like AB Taarnby, it went downhill from there. Fought to stay in 12th place until only three matches remained. I lost match number 28 and went to 13th position int he league. Got a message from the Board that I needed a win in match 29 to be sure to avoid relegation. Only got a 2-2 draw even though I was up 0-2 with seven minutes remaining, but it proved to be enough to avoid relegation with one match remaining anyway.

DBU Pokalen

After a pretty secure win away against Nr. Aaby from the Danish lower divisions, I drew FC Vestsjælland from the Danish Superliga. Managed to do really good in the first half going to break behind 0-1, but with a quick goal and a late goal int the second half I went behind 0-3 before I managed to get an overtime goal to get knocked out of the league with a 1-3 loss. Not that bad again against a Superliga team.

Top Three Players

1. Morten Foged No doubt about it... Foged was easily my best and most important player this season. With 21 league goals in 29 matches he became the joint Division Top Goalscorer, which I think is pretty well done when playing for a team who's debuting in the division and who nearly got relegated. He also contributed with 5 assists plus a goal and two assists in the Cup, and ended with an average rating of 7,07 for all competions.

2. Peter Westlund Westlund was one of the seven players I signed during the Summer transfer window. After some great performances during the pre-season, he quickly earned himself a spot in the starting lineup. Three goals, nine assists and a single MOM award secured him not only a third place on the Most Assists list, but also a second place on this list.

3. Morten Sichlau-Pedersen Sichlau was by far my best defender this season. An overall average rating of 6,88 in 32 matches perhaps doesn't seem like much, but he was a pretty consistent player. One goal, one assists, one MOM award and only four yellow cards...

Biggest Transfer On Paper

Tobias Grahn 117 games in the Danish Superliga for clubs like Lyngby, Aarhus GF, Odense and Randers... 96 matches in the Swedish Allsvenskan for clubs like Öster, Malmö, Mjällby and Örebro.... 44 maches in the Norwegian Tippeliga for Vålerenga... 13 matches in the Bundesliga for Hertha Berlin... 8 matches in La Liga for Gimnastic... And 4 matches and 1 goal for the Swedish national team... When I signed Tobias Grahn during the January transfer window from Gentofte-Vangede, he was without a doubt the biggest signing this season and in AB Taarnby history. Sadly at the age of 36 he can't play every game in the season any longer. Ten matches and sadly not a single goal or assist, and with an average rating of 6,75 I'm not sure I can come to any other conclusion that I hope he does better next season.

Proved To Be The Best Signing

It was a close call between Peter Westlund and Emil Erbas, but I have to say Peter Westlund. Again, three goals, nine assists, one MOM award, third place on the Danish 2. Division East Most Assists list, and an average rating of 6,91. He's my choice as the best signing of the season.

Next Season

Well... My personal aim for what I would be contend with achieving is once again a spot in Top 10. But with my top goalscorer and MVP of the 15/16 season Morten Foged leaving the club as his contract expires and he wants to test himself on a possible higher level, Søren Weibel and Anders Syberg retiring, and three other players leaving due to their contracts not being renewed, I think it's difficult for me to say already that I won't be fighting to avoid relegation against next season. I need to reinforce my defensive line, as I'm planning on finding better players for both Full Back positions. On the midfield I need to get my two January signings Tobias Grahn and Niclas Rønne going, while I think I need to go out and find myself a suitable replacement for Morten Foged up front, as I'm not entirely convinced that Mikkel Tribler is the guy to go with.

I'm doing really crappy right now in Israel. We're doing great in Europe surprisingly but in the league we can't score and are in a relegation battle. The board wants us to compete for the title this year but they are not giving us any money for wages. The amount of games we're playing is hard on the squad. We have a bunch of injuries and we always have to field a team of tired players. Everyone is unhappy and players are starting to complain. Not sure I'll survive this season :-(

Sorry to be such a downer, I just needed to voice (or write) my frustrations...

I'm doing really crappy right now in Israel. We're doing great in Europe surprisingly but in the league we can't score and are in a relegation battle. The board wants us to compete for the title this year but they are not giving us any money for wages. The amount of games we're playing is hard on the squad. We have a bunch of injuries and we always have to field a team of tired players. Everyone is unhappy and players are starting to complain. Not sure I'll survive this season :-(

Sorry to be such a downer, I just needed to voice (or write) my frustrations...

Sounds rough mate... Hope you pull through, and good luck.

Season 2018 Review

FC Djursland

Season Review: Hmm... Great season, I guess, since we got promoted, though I didn't expect that to happen this year. Nonetheless, worried whether we can stay up in the Superliga next season, considering we are still semi-pro.

Board expectations:

Media prediction: 11th

Results:

First Division: 2nd | League Table | Player Stats

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Thomas Ibsen: In my opinion, the most consistent player from our side. Performs his role as a roaming playmaker well enough that I'm torn between trusting him with next season, or getting a better ability player. Named in Team of the Year for the First Division.

Sven Svalina: One of the main reasons we got promoted, he broke a few club records such as most goals in a game and most goals in a season. Named the Top Goalscorer of the Year for the First Division and in the Team of the Year.

Marco Elver: I had actually bought someone else to take over him, but Marco proved me wrong by performing better than his counterpart and rewarded us with 16 goals in the season. Named in the Team of the Year.

Youth Prospect:

Claus Iversen | Year 1 | Year 2

Martin Korsgaard | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4

Next Season's Goals:

1) Avoid relegation

2) Strengthen the team

3) Go pro

2018   First Division       2nd     Second ROund    Promoted

Season 2018 Review

FC Djursland

Season Review: Hmm... Great season, I guess, since we got promoted, though I didn't expect that to happen this year. Nonetheless, worried whether we can stay up in the Superliga next season, considering we are still semi-pro.

Board expectations:

Media prediction: 11th

Results:

First Division: 2nd | League Table | Player Stats

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Thomas Ibsen: In my opinion, the most consistent player from our side. Performs his role as a roaming playmaker well enough that I'm torn between trusting him with next season, or getting a better ability player. Named in Team of the Year for the First Division.

Sven Svalina: One of the main reasons we got promoted, he broke a few club records such as most goals in a game and most goals in a season. Named the Top Goalscorer of the Year for the First Division and in the Team of the Year.

Marco Elver: I had actually bought someone else to take over him, but Marco proved me wrong by performing better than his counterpart and rewarded us with 16 goals in the season. Named in the Team of the Year.

Youth Prospect:

Claus Iversen | Year 1 | Year 2

Martin Korsgaard | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4

Next Season's Goals:

1) Avoid relegation

2) Strengthen the team

3) Go pro

2018   First Division       2nd     Second ROund    Promoted

Very impressive man!! Good luck to you in the Superliga.

But... What the f*** is Brøndby doing in the First Division?? :confused::eek:

I'm planning on starting a Gundo's save (I know I'm a bit late to the party), but am torn between four different countries. I don't know whether to play in Belarus, Croatia, Serbia, or Slovakia. Which of those countries is the best to manage in, and why?

Very impressive man!! Good luck to you in the Superliga.

But... What the f*** is Brøndby doing in the First Division?? :confused::eek:

Hahah no idea. But they are getting promoted as well. Their team was too strong, don't think I ever managed to beat them.

I'm planning on starting a Gundo's save (I know I'm a bit late to the party), but am torn between four different countries. I don't know whether to play in Belarus, Croatia, Serbia, or Slovakia. Which of those countries is the best to manage in, and why?
Your probably best to check each nations division's and how they are set up, narrow it down that way maybe? It's never too late, you can start this challenge anytime. :)

Your probably best to check each nations division's and how they are set up, narrow it down that way maybe? It's never too late, you can start this challenge anytime. :)

I've narrowed it down to Serbia or Slovakia now. I think I'll go with Slovakia. Their second division only plays 22 matches per season, so the first season or two will fly by.

I know this isn't the right place for this but I'd like to get opinions from people playing the same challenge. I have a striker Emil Atlason, who is probably one of the better strikers in the league. He does a good job for me but his conversion rate is horrendous:

Played 26

Shots 106

Shots on Target 32

Scored 12

So he scores 1 goal for every 9 shots and 3 out of 10 shots are on target. He plays as a False Nine in a 4-5-1 formation with 1 DM, 2 CM (CMs, APa) and 2 Wa.

Any advice? Thanks.

868-335e1f77089b09c7ad4e988f701559f4.SVG

Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs 2017 Season

Competitions

League - Upper League Cup - Icelandic Cup - Europa League

Key Players

Emil Atlason - P34, 20 Goals, 15 Assists. In his third season for the club, I felt Emil really started to make that position upfront his own; exactly what I was hoping he would do at the start of the season. Big game player and still only 24.

Gabríel Ingi Agnarsson - P36, 8 Goals, 14 Assists. A huge signing for us, Gabríel was the key this season, not just in his performances but because it allowed us to move hugely influential playmaker, Gudjónsson from the Advanced Playmaker central position (which is where Agnarsson now plays) to right back. Going forward, we now have that extra option which we didn't have. Only 20 years of age too.

Ingimundur Níels Óskarsson - P31, 18 Goals, 8 Assists. In his second season for the club, Oskarsson hit the ground running with 5 goals in the Upper League Cup and maintained a brilliant level of performance throughout the season.

Exciting Youth Prospects

Rúnar Eiriksson - After breaking into the first team last year, he was an ever-present this, cementing his place as our Deep-Lying Playmaker. Absolutely solid, no fuss, moves the ball well doesn't score many or make many mistakes, does a great job for the team. 18 years old and I like to think he could be playing for HK for a long time.

Einar Karl Júlíusson - Came through our youth setup last season and I liked the look of him, so I asked Oskarsson to tutor him and that seems to have worked wonders (I've done the same with all other prospects). At 31, Oskarsson won't be in the team for much longer so by the time he retires, I anticipate Júlíusson will be ready for regular first team football.

Porvaldur Sigurdsson - I really like the look of this lad, came through our youth setup in August so has only been at the club for a couple of months but he looks sharp whenever he comes on and plays the False Nine role well. Double figures for Heading, Aggression, Composure, Finishing, Dribbling, Decisions, Determination, Off The Ball, Jumping Reach and Strength, amongst others, means he has huge potential to lead the line for us in future.

Overview

An awesome season. I was quietly confident we would mount a title challenge, particularly because the other teams just aren't strong enough. KR won the league back-to-back and they have a tiny squad with sporadic quality. We were top for the majority of the season, only being replaced when we had fixtures rearranged. After being eliminated from the Upper League Cup, we played 30 matches in 19 weeks, averaging a match approximately every four days. I felt we rotated the squad well and always had a decent youth player to step in and do a job for the team.

Our European adventure got off to a perfect start, racing into a 4-0 lead at HT, away against Slovenian side Celje, only for us to be pegged back to 4-2 (I have to confess a poorly judged teamtalk didn't help). We then lost the return leg 1-0 at home but the match was almost a formality. We then faced Maccabi Tel-Aviv, who I've met a few times in previous FMs and they've always been one of the better sides in the early qualifying rounds so knew we would be in for a tough match. In the home tie, we were winning 2-1 only for them to score just before HT and then again after the break. I thought a 3-2 loss was respectable. In Tel-Aviv, no doubt with a hostile home crowd, we lost 2-0 and kissed goodbye to the European dream. I was happy with that first outing though, the club probably make somewhere between £100k - £200k, which is a lot of money considering last years turnover was just shy of £1m.

Our Icelandic Cup run was a bit ropey, we saw off non-league Kári, before needing penalties to beat Fjolnir. Then we narrowly beat Njardvik before, again, edging past Tindastóll, a Div 1 side. We faced major rivals and, annoyingly, a huge bogey team for me but beat them 1-0 in the final with a scrappy goal from a corner. What do they say about the best sides finding a way to win!? I looked through and we scored 9 goals to win the cup, with not one player scoring more than one goal each!

Next Season

Win the Upper League Cup, Icelandic Cup and Úrvalsdeild, make as much money from CL and keep bringing youngsters through.

2015 1. Deild Karla 1st   Quarter-Final  Qtr-Final  Promotion
2016 Úrvalsdeild    4th   Quarter-Final  Qtr-Final  Qualified for Europe!
2017 Úrvalsdeild    1st   Quarter-Final  Winners   League & Cup double, qualified for CL!

Overview

A much improved performance this season. We were tasked with winning the title and in previous seasons 64 points may have been enough. We in fact won the league in 2017 with only 59 points. Unfortunately HJK accrued a ludicrous 87 points from 33 games. Our team is young though and we can improve and develop, the target has to be the title next season.

The Team

GK Frederic Gotte

WB Bjorn Skoog

CB Labinot Bogujevci

CB Dani Hatakka

FB Jyrki Salmi

WM Axel Ahlberg

AP Tuomo Koski

DLP Fredrik Lassas

W Jyrki Niskanen

AF Juha Muurimaki

DLF Lucas Lingman

2019	Veikkausliga	5th	NA	3rdQlf	QtrFnl	QtrFnl	
2020	Veikkausliga	2nd	NA	NA	Semi	Final	

ril_zps5f17c053.png

Randaberg IL - 2020 - Norwegian Adeccoligaen

League table

Decent first season in Norway's middle tier and just managed to avoid the drop with two games to spare. Same again next season will do for sure.

Got job interview offered to me for a few jobs this season, the main one being Ranheim. The stadium got expanded from 1200 to 2400 and while that went on we playing at the Viking Stadion. I must focus on bringing in better players in one or two positions now in preparation for next season.

Squad

Star players

Klaus Vikesdal Petersen - This was the first season the club favourite started to show his age and his declining physical attributes.

Leif Rondesveit - Top scorer again and I feel I have confidence in this guy leading the line.

Arent Emil Hauge - Free scoring, assist making wide player, delighted with the way he lifted his level of performance in the higher division.

The Next Martin Ødegaard's...

Aleksander Sivertsen - Did well, this strong central defender and also captained the team alot this term. Long future at the club expected and still only 20.

Still struggling to get top players through the youth, mainly down to not being allowed to upgrade facilities.:thdn:

Next season...

Survive again and a cup run!

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance | Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2015    | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Christer Håland (15)         | 203       | None 
2016    | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Mathias Perttamo (11)        | 154       | None
2017    | 2nd Div |      4th     | 2nd Rnd   |      -      | Martin Hummervoll (8)        | 187       | None
2018    | 2nd Div |     11th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Hummervoll/Petersen (5)      | 150       | None
2019    | 2nd Div |      1st     | 2nd Rnd   |      -      | Rondesveit (13)              | 250       | Promotion!
2020    | 1st Div |      1st     | 3rd Rnd   |      -      | Rondesveit (13)              | 311       | None

Extremely excited about Rúnar Eiríksson. At just 17 years old, he's got potential to play for HK for a long time. He supports HK, I'm one of his favourite people so really excited to see him develop, especially as he came through our youth setup, which I've been bugging the board to invest heavily in (to their credit they have).

Rúnar fits in nicely to my slightly adapted 4-5-1 with three CMs, two wingers and a False Nine. I'm playing him as a DLP alongside Briem as a CMs and a new signing, Gabríel Ingi Agnarsson, who also has potential to be one of the HK greats, if he stays around long enough. Those three in midfield have dominated every match so far this season, we've won 9 out of 10 including a 5-2 drubbing of champions KR in their own backyard.

Archived