Gundo's FM15 European Adventure Challenge™

Thanks Gundo :thup: There was a big drop in goals against last year compared to the previous one even if it was still high for my liking so with the little kitty we had i've concentrated mainly on the back.

Nathan Ake

Petar Golubovic

Francesco Lovric

Dionysis Manouras

A lot of crosses were responsible for goals against last season so Ake and Golubovic are being retrained to inverted wingbacks, ideally Ake would be CB but I couldn't find anyone else better so he'll have to do for now. Lovric is more a backup player than first team because I flogged Leandro and Jordy de Wijs to death last season and we were very lucky it was only a few games suspension here and there that hit us rather than the injuries everywhere else on the pitch but I can't take that to chance again and domestically he's certainly good enough to start against most sides. Manouras is Trani's understudy...or was but in the 3/4 games played so far he's played in AMC and handled himself well even bagging a couple. Tbh i'm not sure what to do with him now as he was signed as I said for rotation, especially before European games but i'm finding it hard to leave him out now and if come September he's still at this level then he'll be starting AMC without a doubt.

Some other news is that youth and training facilities are being upgraded and i've got the youth coaching up after a 2 and half year wait (this will take it to excellent) and the youth recruitment gets it's 1st boost which is brilliant for the long term goal of having a mostly Austrian side.

The stadium had a boost last year from 5k to 7.5k and already it's having another to take it up to 13.5k so we'll play until May at the Allianz Stadion, we are already getting over 14k (25k for the derby against Rapid) there so I think no sooner will we return to the Allianz then we'll be leaving again :D

Bar the board being tight with transfer funds I really feel something good falling in to place here, more than 10k extra people at worst attending than 2 years ago, facilities starting to improve now, bit of money in the bank with CL money yet to come and then at the end of the season all our sponsorship deals expire which you would think would go well beyond Austia Wien's £6M + with us now being the highest ranked club in the country so i'm really looking forward to seeing how far this club can go.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up for those looking to start in Scotland. Not sure if it is the latest patch that has tweaked reputations or not but a lot of Lowland League teams are now popping up. Been reloading for a while and have had Edinburgh City, Gretna 2008, Preston Athletic, Gala Fairydean Rovers, Threave Rovers, Dalbeattie Star and Edinburgh University come up.

For those playing in Scotland does anyone have kits for the Highland and Lowland League teams?

Not much action here this year? I'm sure this is normally more popular than the Big Euro Challenge?

I am going to be starting a game in Scotland with Edinburgh City. Been meaning to start a game in Scotland for a long time so hopefully it goes well. Should be fun long term to build them up and make them the powerhouse of Edinburgh and rival the big two in Glasgow. Will also try to update in here frequently to keep me more invested in the save. Have a bad habit of losing interest a few seasons in if things don't go my way.

Gundo's FM15 European Adventure Challenge - forchicago

huck.jpg

Challenge Details:

Country- Poland

League- I Liga Polska

Top Flight- T-Mobile Ekstraklasa

Title Holders- Legia

European Champions- Real Madrid

Doc Holliday, hero of the American West, has traded guns for football in honor of

The divisive character takes over recently promoted Limanovia of I Liga Polska. Gamblers the world round should place their over bets now. This team will know two simple words on the way to Champions League glory: push forward.

My game's on hold, I accidently bought a PS4...

That's a distraction alright haha.

Good Luck all new starters.:thup:

I am having major struggles again this year, as was the case on FM'14 early doors. I have been relegated twice now and just quit my latest save as we where doomed with 6 left to play. It's a familar story each time, start off ok/average, then once we hit a slump in form I find it impossible to pull ourselves out of the bad run.

Just starting again now and hopefully I can use the things I learnt so far.:o

Sektzia-Nes-Tziona.png

Nes Ziona - Israeli National League - Season 2018-19 Review

Season Summary

Another season of ups and downs. It seems like we cannot constantly do well, short unbeaten streaks are always followed by difficult losing streaks. I feel like this season we had the strongest squad in the four years I've managed Nes Ziona. Unfortunately, on the last matchday before the split of the season we suffered defeat while battling in the middle of the table. That defeat relegated us to position 9 and the bottom 8. We ended the season in that position with 60 points, the highest yet for the team. We also scored more and conceded less than the previous three seasons. The team is largely intact for the upcoming season so I'm expecting to finally challenge for honors next season.

Table

We had a pretty decent run in the cups this season. We made it to the quarters in the National League Toto Cup. It was only the second time in the four years of my reign that we got that far. In the State Cup, we made it to the ninth round for the first time.

Squad

Some good performances from my "big three" (Striker, left and right winger) this season. Sa'ar Benbenisti who I signed in the off-season was named in the National League team of the year. Usama Sha'aban was third in the National League Top Scorer. Here are the key performers this season:

Sa'ar Benbenisti - Great addition to the team! Really blended well into the team and played mostly on the right wing as winger. Scored 11 and assisted 13 in all competitions. I think he could have an even bigger impact in the upcoming season.

Usama Sha'aban - His best year since his first for the club four years ago. 19 goals in total. Consistent performer that chips in regularly.

Victor - Dependable and dangerous. Scored 14 and assisted 11 for his best season yet. The 22 year old still has a lot to offer to the team and hopefully we can keep a hold of him. One of my dilemmas has been how to better use his skills. I've been using him mainly as an inside forward on the left but has shown to be very dangerous as a winger on the right wing. The problem is by moving him on the right, he would replace Benbenisti and I don't really have someone to slot into the left side.

Transfers

I decided to use a more aggressive transfer strategy this season. I find it very difficult to improve the team and most players with decent CA don't want to sign for us. I signed lots of promising youngsters and a couple good first team central defenders in Dudi Tiram and Adi Mahfud. I'm also retraining a few players to other positions mostly because there seems to be a lack of good fullbacks in the country.

Finances

Finances are not bad but once again, we are only surviving thanks to investments. But on the bright side, when the prize money came in I was finally able to get my first upgrade to training facilities!

Goals:

This will be my fifth season in charge of Nes Ziona. I must see improvements this season. I want to make a play for promotion. Anything less than top 4 will be a disappointment.

How did you guys start out tactically in the challenge? Is it best to set-up cautiously/defensively especially if you are predicted last place? Then adjust to more offensive tactics as you strengthen ect.:confused:

How did you guys start out tactically in the challenge? Is it best to set-up cautiously/defensively especially if you are predicted last place? Then adjust to more offensive tactics as you strengthen ect.:confused:

Just can't stop leaking goals in my first season with Edinburgh City. Started with a 4-1-2-2-1 which worked well initially but then went downhill. Changed to a more attacking 4-2-3-1 but no luck. Then tried going a lot more defensive and cautious but this just stopped me scoring and didn't really stop conceding. I am now playing a standard 4-4-1-1 that is based around control/possession and is reasonably attacking. The early signs are quite good. I have come to the conclusion that you just have accept you will concede goals in the lower leagues with average defenders, and base your tactic around scoring more than your opponents.

Just can't stop leaking goals in my first season with Edinburgh City. Started with a 4-1-2-2-1 which worked well initially but then went downhill. Changed to a more attacking 4-2-3-1 but no luck. Then tried going a lot more defensive and cautious but this just stopped me scoring and didn't really stop conceding. I am now playing a standard 4-4-1-1 that is based around control/possession and is reasonably attacking. The early signs are quite good. I have come to the conclusion that you just have accept you will concede goals in the lower leagues with average defenders, and base your tactic around scoring more than your opponents.
Yeah I too have experimented, I think like you say you just have to accept you are gonna concede. Started this new save with Randaberg in Norway again and started it with a cautious 4-4-1-1. It's different to how I had started other failed saves, so maybe it will give me something more and time will tell I guess.

RIAzy8z.png

First Vienna FC 1894 Review 2018/19

Transfers - Table - CL Group - Manouras - Leszcuzuk - http://i.imgur.com/z5ULLE0.png[/img]"]Finances

Managers Thoughts

Another good season for us as we won our 2nd title and did it pretty comfortably. The defence still remains a concern as after a much better start to the season they seemed to go backwards and we starting letting goals in for fun again.

Our European campaign was yet another strong one and I was actually disappointed that after getting out of a tough group and seeing off Liverpool we went out against Porto who I seen as a beatable side but to be fair i'd have taken just getting out of the group at the start of the season.

The money from European football the last 2 seasons has really helped us move forward as a club, we have managed to fund a 2nd increase on training and youth facilities and no sooner had the grounds capacity been upgraded to 13,500 had the board announced another increase that will take it up to 18,500 which is exceptional considering 2 seasons ago there was only a 5k capacity. I'm pretty sure we will end up needing another extension next year too as when we were at the Allianz Stadion last year we could get 24k for some league games, pretty much touched the 18k mark for a lot of other games too and would practically fill 28k in Europe.

The aim for this year is another strong showing in the league and see how we do in Europe as finances have really been hit this pre season, partly due to my spending over the summer but also the capacity increase took a big chunk out of our finances.

Career Overview

Season   Division          Position    Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16  First Division    1st         League and Cup Winners  
2016/17  Premier Division  4th
2017/18  Premier Division  1st         League and Europa League Winners
2018/19  Premier Division  1st         League Winners              

Congrats on your second Title Dexter. Your progress has been very impressive. Even though you didn't win a Europa this year, beating Liverpool must of made you very proud.:cool:

PS. I was catching up on the new Lilyhammer season 3 last night and it reminded me of your challenge attempt with Lillehammer in this challenge last year.:lol:

HNK Šibenik - 2016/17 - Croatian First Division

League table - Positions

I think the position graph nicely sums up our season - we were never any position other than 5th, 6th or 7th. Happy with that.

Squad - Transfers - Finances

Still well in the red but we've more or less stabilised at about -£600k, although the board has just decided we need to improve the stadium with a £750k loan...

Star players

Luka Begonja - Signed for £46.5k from relegated NK Lokomotiva, added some much needed top flight experience to our midfield.

Drago Coric - Made the step up to the First Division with no bother, almost identical stats from last season. 23 goals, 8 assists, 7 PoMs.

Best new youth - None worth mentioning.

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance | Other
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16 |  2nd Div   |   1st     |  2nd Rnd   |      -      | Drago Coric (24)        |     3,550       | Promotion!
2016/17 |  1st Div   |   5th     |  2nd Rnd   |      -      | Drago Coric (23)        |     6,475       |     -

ril_zps5f17c053.png

Randaberg IL - 2015 - Norwegian 2.Division Group 3

League table

Finally! I have survived relegation, it took me 3 attempts with RIL but I have achieved it at last.:):):)

Squad

Most players are pretty dire and inconsistent in truth, hopefully I will be able to recruit better for next season.

Star players

Christer Håland - Inconsistent at times and not always started, but still finished top scorer with 15.

John Sanne - This ageing wide man had a really solid campaign despite his poor rating and scored some vital goals/assists.

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance | Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2015 | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Christer Håland (15)        | 203       | None 

FC Cherkaskyi Dnipro Cherkasy

9902c840-7750-4b97-8a35-b2e44041dc9b_zpse8eed926.png

Cherkaskyi Dnipro - 2014/15 - Ukrainian First League - who? what? where?

FC Cherkaskyi Dnipro is a professional Ukrainian football club based in the city of Cherkasy, Ukraine. Their home stadium is known as 'Central' and has a capacity of 10,321.

d3f00d6d-9c54-4cd6-b946-c6b776e6e7ae_zpsa5065a79.jpg

The city of Cherkasy is located on the bank of Dnieper River, some 200km south of the capital Kiev.

First News | Information | Profile |

My initial thoughts are that Ukraine will be a difficult challenge this season. A 16 team league has just one promotion spot. The league winner. With a Prem side coming down each season it will be really tough to build a team to challenge. At the other end of the table there are two automatic relegation spots (15th & 16th). The team finishing 14th has a playoff against a team from (the unplayable) 2nd league.

Good Luck benroscrow, nice introduction and looks like a cool club.:thup:

Thanks Gundo, I've done this challenge before but never got involved with posting until now. Not off to a good start. No win in first 3.

Another thing to note in Ukraine to make the challenge even tougher. We have to name 8 Ukrainians in the starting line up and Dynamo Kievs second team is in the league. Whilst I don't believe they can get promoted their team is much stronger than the majority of squads. Some good youth players.

Sektzia-Nes-Tziona.png

Nes Ziona - Israeli National League - Season 2019-20 Review

Season Summary

For the first time in my reign as manager of Nes Ziona I can say that we played well consistently all season long. We hovered around second place all season long but we were never able to catch Hapoel Haifa for first place. Promotion was secured with two games left. I think the success we had this season can be attributed to two things. Firstly, to having 3 good tactics to counter and exploit whatever our oppositions use. Secondly, we were lucky with the squad staying healthy for the most part. A very good season.

Table

We had a decent run in the cups this season. We reached the 8th round of the State Cup and the semi finals of the Toto Cup.

Squad

Obviously when you have a good season, you have performances to match your form. Victor was the standout player but everyone pulled their own weight...

Victor - Amazing season. Started every game for the club this season and finished with 25 goals, 26 assists and 14 MOMs in all competitions. Victor took home a few awards, being named in the National League Team of the Year as well as winning the NL Player of the Year and NL Foreigner of the Year. A very dominant season from our best player. I allowed him to be more attacking this season and he also gained the preferred move Gets Forward Whenever Possible. I hope he can handle the step up.

Transfers

A lot of transfers in, mostly young promising players. Swisa and Masawra are the two worth mentioning here. Swisa ended up taking over the left back duties and Masawra, a central defender, was signed in December to add much needed height out back. Masawra is a Israeli Under 21 player and he should be a mainstay for many years. I've decided to let go of Hugo for next season as he takes a foreign player slot and doesn't perform to warrant the team's highest wages. We will also be welcoming a compatriot of Victor in central midfield in July. The Spaniard Santamaria is a bit of a gamble as I haven't scouted him fully but he looks like he will be a great addition.

Finances

Finances are OK thanks to the board. We had to take out a loan to pay for an expansion of 500 for our stadium to meet the 4000 minimum of the Premier League.

Goal for next season:

Next season is all about surviving. That is all.

RIAzy8z.png

First Vienna FC 1894 2019/20 Season Review

Transfers - Table - CL Group - CL results - Ake - Hector

Managers Thoughts

The end of the season absolutely ruined it for me, i'm still fuming at our defending from Christmas onwards after we had seemingly been tightening up at last. I didn't mind conceding the 3 in the game against Liverpool so much as we went in to that game with a makeshift back line and our 3rd choice keeper and even the amount we conceded against Barca as they have an exceptional front line but the Paris games and some of the final league games were a disgrace and i've already been trying to work on short and long term solutions to the problem over the summer.

Career Overview

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019/20  Premier Division  1st         League Winners 

Congrats on your second Title Dexter. Your progress has been very impressive. Even though you didn't win a Europa this year, beating Liverpool must of made you very proud.:cool:

PS. I was catching up on the new Lilyhammer season 3 last night and it reminded me of your challenge attempt with Lillehammer in this challenge last year.:lol:

Ha cheers Gundo :D I enjoyed that save :D Been so busy that I still haven't managed to watch it all yet, think I have 2 episodes to go, it's a bit dafter than the previous seasons in parts but still a good little show to watch :D

Ok, I know I said I'll start on 1st January 2015. But I had time since I'm on leave for the next two days. Figured I could just begin.

So meet FC Djursland. A clean look kind of logo and the kits remind me of AC Milan. Those two were the only reason I picked it. Still can't figure out whether it's a silent 'D' or 'j'.

FCDjursland_zpsb57f8e31.png

FC Djursland

Geraint Alacarde has just been hired as the new manager of FC Djursland. The team plays their home games at Grenaa Stadion.

The transfer budget is £6.13k, while the wage budget is £2.56k, and current wages are "NA". Seems like there's some room to maneuver, though I'm a bit worried about the wage budget. The club balance is £61.31k which is also quite low. The team plays in the Grenaa Stadion with a capacity of 1500 which is quite impressive though.

Going to give this one a go. Chose Sweden and had a few options when holidaying. I saw Vastra already done in this thread, so I went with Enkoping who has some history o making it up to the top level in Sweden in the early 2000s. Look to lead them back.

Manager Profile

Also of interest, this is Enkoping's Centenary season. Got a transfer budget of 22.3k and a wage budget of 3851 of which only 1352 is being spent currently.

Sweden has 6 different leagues in Division 2 all with 14 teams, all of which only promote their champion while bottom 2 are relegated, and 3rd lowest plays a playoff game against a promotion candidate.

I'm in trouble again! Second season blues; in the relegation places at the halfway stage and finding it very difficult to escape. Hopefully now I'm upto the transfer window I can sign one or two that will make a difference. I had signed a replacement for John Sanne in pre-season, only he didn't perform and the veteran winger was re-introduced and he's been my best player! :o

ril_zps5f17c053.png

Randaberg IL - 2016 - Norwegian 2.Division Group 3

League table

We struggled for form in the first half of the season and I feared the worst. Different story second half though, as we picked and went on a club record 8 game unbeaten run. In the cup we never made it past the opening round, losing to Bryne from the league above 1-3. Elsewhere we survived a board takeover from a local businessman.

Squad

I think once we started to gel things picked up, but I am still far from pleased with the current quality within the squad.

Star players

Kenneth Grande - Player of the season. Assisted and scored some vital goals. My best signing for sure.

John Sanne - The veteran was the sole shining light in the first part of the season until he picked up an serious injury that kept him out for 2 months and after that he couldn't win his place back.

Klaus Vikesdal Petersen - The advanced playmaker had a much better season this time and pulled the strings through the middle.

Youth players of note

Aleksander Sivertsen - The Randaberg born youngster was given a run of four games in first team after being promoted and re-payed us with a goal and an assist.

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance | Achievements
2015 | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Christer Håland (15)        | 203       | None 
2016 | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Mathias Perttamo (11)        | 154       | None 

RIAzy8z.png

First Vienna FC 1894 2020/21 Season Review

Transfers - Table - CL Fixtures - CL Group - CL Final - Cup Final - Bahebeck - Hector - Rodriguez - Finances

Managers Thoughts

Well what a season that was!!!!!!!!

It's still sinking in but we've done it :D The final was horrible for 70 minutes as we trailed to a Ronaldo goal midway through the first half and they looked likely to add to it. The 2nd half started a lot better as I replaced Weiser who was poor at half time and brought on the exceptional Ivan who was a constant threat. I still didn't feel we quite looked like scoring and with Rodrigues also struggling I brought Zezinho on for him to add some legs at the back but it was at AMC I had a big decision to make as neither Rojas or Leszczuk were playing well and in the end it came down to who had the most ability and Rojas wins hands down on that front so I hauled Leszczuk off and brought on Henrique who turned the game on it's head with goals within a minute of each other. The excellent Rodriguez finished the game off 3 minutes later with a goal from a corner justifying my decision to bring him in 6 months early. He has been excellent since he joined and was exactly what we needed to tighten us up at the back. Gustavo must really be regretting going to Real and end up at Castilla whilst his replacement Bahebeck has been magical both at home and in Europe :D

The league was a stroll for us, scoring over 100 goals but obviously there was still some vulnerability at the back but that seems to have calmed down a lot since Rodriguez signed and my decision to stick with Moretti in goal rather than rotating him and Koingshofer. Bahebeck was obviously superb scoring at a similar level to the outstanding Hector who won't even be my first choice striker next season. The Cup was a pleasant one because we haven't even been in the competition after Christmas since the win in the first season but the reserves are now strong enough to beat most sides in the country and I only played a complete 1st team in the final, something I won't do if we make it again but I really wanted to win the trophy this season after previous disappointments.

I'm not resting with this season, I aim to make us the biggest side in the world from here now, there's lots of little challenges I have in mind

• Win the World Club Cup
  • More Austrians in the squad
  • Improve training and youth facilities and get the coaching and recruitment as high as possible
  • Larger stadium or even a new one named after myself (something I still have never managed on FM)
  • Remove full backs and get the true tactic with 3 half backs
  • Unbeaten season

Career Overview

2019/20  Premier Division  1st         League Winners
2020/21  Premier Division  1st         League, Champions League and Cup Winners

Kemikings.gif

Morning all - long time FMer but new to the forums; been waiting on FM15 for my new PC and first thing I wanted to do was join this! Been following with interest for a few weeks (Creepy? Probably).

I've taken over at the superbly named PS Kemi Kings in Finland. I was determined to find a fairly remote club for this and Kemi is one of few municipal areas in Lapland.

My Manager Profile can be found here

Don't think you have a reload date for Finland yet, but the Season Review for Finland comes out on November 24th 2014, so reload with that in mind.

The season doesn't start until mid-April, bizarrely, so lots of time to shape the team and get used to formations etc!

Continued good luck folks.

Season 2015 Review

FC Djursland

Season Review: First thing I did was to check whether the players had an outstanding contract offer from the club. Good thing I did, as it turns out all of them had one, and the wages offered were honestly, a bit on the high side for their level/quality. Reoffered them lower wages to ensure we did not bust the wage budget. Took a while to get the tactics down though, but seems like the team is getting the hang of it. I believe we'll do better with better defenders, so hope there's some wage surplus to play around with. Biggest challenge is to deal with the fitness of the team though.

Board expectations:

Second Division: Stay clear of relegation

Media prediction: 15th

Danish Cup: Competitive

Results:

Second Division: 5th | League Table | Player Stats

Danish Cup: Second Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Marco Elver: If I have someone I would consider to be my wonderkid, I would say Marco in a heartbeat. Honestly, I didn't expect much from him, because I play a Ramdeuter and his stats are not that good for a Ramdeuter. More suited to be a winger. But he somehow has that keen sense of space expected from a Ramdeuter, and scored quite a few goals from a cross to far post from the left back, popping up out of nowhere to just push the ball in. I had played with this tactic with Southampton, and I dare say, NONE of my Ramdeuters played the role as well as he did. Top scorer for the club, tied for most assist, and has the most Player of Match in the club.

Morten Hjorth: Our key man for the team. In my tactic, he's kind of a mix of 10 and false 10. Was troubled by injuries in the first half of the season, but more than made up for his absence in the second half.

Mathias Kirk: He didn't play well initially. Almost dropped him off, but good thing I stuck with him. Formed a great partnership with Marco Elver, his crosses finding the latter often, such that he tied with Marco on most assists for the club.

Youth Prospect:

Steen Brogger | Year 1

Martin Korsgaard | Year 1

Rene Rask | Year 1

Next Season's Goals:

1) Stay clear of relegation

2) Top half finish.

3) Strengthen my defence and midfield.

Year   Division          Position   Danish Cup      Notes
2015   Second Division      5th     Third Round       -

Sektzia-Nes-Tziona.png

Nes Ziona - Israeli Premier League - Season 2020-21 Review

Season Summary

We come into our first season of Premier League action not really knowing what to expect. We are easily the favourites for relegation with 300-1 odds to finish last. The board doesn't seem to have much hope either and only wants us to fight bravely against relegation. Two of my signings seem to be really good players in Santamaria and Gil but there are still holes in the lineup and players that I am not sure can make the step up. We start slowly winning one in our first eight but we never get blown away so I'm hopeful. We then proceed to win six matches in our next ten to push us up to (lower) mid table. At that point I know that our safety is pretty much garanteed. We spend most of the season in tenth or ninth spot (out of fourteen) but we are never in danger. We finish the season in 8th place. M. Haifa and M. Tel-Aviv dominate like never before in the league (since the start of the game anyways) and both finish with an incredible 93 points but the former winning the league with a greater goal difference.

Table

Squad

Last season, Victor stood out with an amazing individual performance that earned him many awards. This season, no one even came close to that type of performance but there were still some key players.

Victor- To be honest, I'm very disappointed with Victor in his first season in the Premier. I expected him to our star player this season. Scored six, only one in the league, and assisted in 11. Not good enough to be honest, especially after a record season where he scored 25 and assisted on 26. He needs to step up if he's to stay in the club. His position is key to our attacking side of the game.

Jorge Santamaria – As a mentioned in the summary, he was a great signing. Really blended well into the squad and played a key role as an advanced playmaker in the center of midfield. I'm expecting him to be even better next season.

Jorge Gil – Another great signing. He played mostly as a right winger replacing Benbenisti. Really fast and always dangerous. I'm looking for him to be a little more consistent.

Samir Masawra – Samir's acquisition was quite the coup last season. He's a very young central defender. I just need to find him a quality partner.

Transfers

Finances

Finances are definitely improving now that we are in the Premier League. Still need some help from the boad but not nearly as much.

Goal for next season:

Keep improving. Simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it does, I agree. I think most things have become more difficult in the last few versions. It does make you feel like you've really achieved something though when you do gain a promotion or have a good season.

I couldn't wait to give this a go again this year so I've parked my Dafuge challenge (by which I mean almost certainly will never go back to...) and am going to have a crack in Norway. I usually go for Finland but I couldn't find a team I liked beyond FC Futura but I couldn't for the life of me find an image of their stadium.

Anyway I've gone for Lillehammer, mainly because of cool colours and Olympic connections. Profile

Yeah it does, I agree. I think most things have become more difficult in the last few versions. It does make you feel like you've really achieved something though when you do gain a promotion or have a good season.

I like the extra toughness so far I just dont like the mechanics of the new scout system. Do they keep checking in on all players to update there scout report or just those on your shortlist? Just feels like a very clunky system right now.

Good luck Haines. I enjoyed my Finland save a couple years ago.

Are we allowed to sign players offered to us by agents who we can't scout?Also what is the best way to upload screenshots?

Same rules apply, you still have to be able to scout the player.

I couldn't wait to give this a go again this year so I've parked my Dafuge challenge (by which I mean almost certainly will never go back to...) and am going to have a crack in Norway. I usually go for Finland but I couldn't find a team I liked beyond FC Futura but I couldn't for the life of me find an image of their stadium.

Anyway I've gone for Lillehammer, mainly because of cool colours and Olympic connections. Profile

Welcome back and great choice of team.:thup:

I like the extra toughness so far I just dont like the mechanics of the new scout system. Do they keep checking in on all players to update there scout report or just those on your shortlist? Just feels like a very clunky system right now.

Good luck Haines. I enjoyed my Finland save a couple years ago.

I still haven't got used to the new scouting system either. I'm using it, but also signing as many proven performers as possible at my current level.

Season 2016 Review

FC Djursland

Season Review: Seriously, why must there be a mid-season holiday in the league? Just when my players start to get fit, they go away on holiday and come back after a month of binge eating and drinking. Well, anyway, we still manage to win the league and promotion, so I can't really get angry at the team, although there were a few moments where it looked like we were shooting ourselves in the foot. Had a bit of an injury problem mid-season as well, but we managed to tide through the crisis.

Board expectations:

Second Division: Mid-table

Media prediction: 15th

Danish Cup: Second Round

Results:

Second Division: 1st | League Table | Player Stats

Danish Cup: Third Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Marco Elver: Too bad he was out for 2-3 months because of an injury. He was even leading in terms of goals scored. But he came back from his injury well, and his form didn't seem to have been affected. Named in the 2016/17 2.Division Vest Team of the Year.

Morten Hjorth: A great season for him, stepping up in the absence of Marco. With 18 goals in the league. he's the 2016/17 2.Division Vest Top Goalscorer and was also named in the Team of the Year.

Casper Fiehn: One thing I don't like about him is that when he backpasses to the keeper, somehow, he often inexplicably passes the ball into the corner by miles away. But I'll close one eye for this season, since his freekicks and longshots saved our skins in some matches.

Youth Prospect:

Steen Brogger | Year 1 | Year 2

Martin Korsgaard | Year 1 | Year 2

Rene Rask | Year 1 | Year 2

Next Season's Goals:

1) Avoid relegation

2) Strengthen the team

Year   Division          Position   Danish Cup      Notes
2015   Second Division      5th     Second Round       -
2016   Second Division      1st     Third Round           -

It says in the opening post that if an agent offers a player it's ok to sign them. I signed a player I couldn't scout who was offered by an agent. I only signed him because he had international caps for his country. He's turned out to be outstanding as well.

It says in the opening post that if an agent offers a player it's ok to sign them. I signed a player I couldn't scout who was offered by an agent. I only signed him because he had international caps for his country. He's turned out to be outstanding as well.
Missed that! :) if everyone's happy with this, I don't have a problem with it as such. I always tend to play with agent offers turned off.

ril_zps5f17c053.png

Randaberg IL - 2017 - Norwegian 2.Division Group 3

League table

Our best season to date and we where still in the hunt for the title for much of the year. We had the best defence in the league with only 17 conceded and one game was a 5-0 defeat. Reached second round of the cup before being beaten 0-2 by Lyn from the division above.

Squad

Star players

Kenneth Grande - The wantaway winger was our best player, doubtful we'll be able to hold onto him after failing to clinch promotion.:(

John Sanne - The veteran had to play second fiddle to Grande and is looking to retire.

Klaus Vikesdal Petersen - Dominant through the middle again, and was a key playe in our high possession in matches.

Martin Hummervoll - Top scorer with only 8! I expected more from the youngster I'd signed from Viking pre-season.

The Next Martin Ødegaard's...

Aleksander Sivertsen - Didn't progress at all and only rare appearances in the first team.

Sondre Jensen - The most promising player we've had through the youth so far. Handful of first team starts.

2016 | 2nd Div |      7th     | 1st Rnd   |      -      | Mathias Perttamo (11)        | 154       | None
2017 | 2nd Div |      4th     | 2nd Rnd   |      -      | Martin Hummervoll (8)        | 187       | None 

Nice work Gundo. 17 against for a whole season is pretty darn impressive. Id take a player like Grande. Got a nice LM in my squad now whos been playing lights out but havnt been able to find anyone worth a damn for the right.
Cheers, yeah pleased with that but want to be an attacking force in future.Grande left in the end, he wouldn't renew his contract and worse still is looking like he's going to sign for rivals Vidar!

I'll post up some screenshots of my tactics tomorrow. It's basically a style of play modelled on Celtic's Ronny Deila philosophy in real life, only problem is because I don't have all the players of the quality required and due to the standard I'm playing at, it is far too defensive at the moment. Once I get promoted I can take it a step further maybe and get the required personel.

It's basically a 4-1-4-1 currently, as I say will post more up when I'm back at the laptop tomorrow. :)

*Update 23/1/15 Set-Up

Tactics_ Overview Overview_zps5cgdxkha.png

Archived