This isn't Spain. This is Catalonia, and we will be Top Dogs

SRL88

SANT-ANDREU_zps02a2dd62.jpg

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - February 2017

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps7032ca3f.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpse642744d.png

What an absolutely storming month which see's us climb well up the league table and possibly away from danger.

A second half own-goal gave us a very good point away to Real Sociedad which seemed to spur us on in the month. We battered Malaga in our next game, much to my surprise as Kike stole the show with a hat-trick in a 4-0 route. That was followed up with a display of a different nature, but an equally impressive result in a battling performance against Getafe. An early goal gave us the lead after a fast start. Both sides had their chances in the game but Getafe scored in the 75th minute which was really hard to take after a gutsy display. Luckily, we didn't allow that to affect us though because with just five minutes left in the game we managed to find a second goal which turned out to be the winner. We took a battering of our own against Villarreal but we managed to grind out a point when we probably didn't deserve one. The month rounded off with another hard fought victory, but this time it came against an excellent Athletic Bilbao side with the only goal of the game coming just past the half hour mark.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a month, hopefully that should secure safety!

Fingers crossed. We're certainly heading in the right direction.

Superb month :thup:

Cheers dude.

WOW that's a brilliant month and could just have well saved you! Keep clocking up the points and I'm sure you'll be safe :D
Brilliant turn around,a few more points should see you survive this season.

Thanks lads :thup:.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - March 2017

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps122b3654.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps71c35e1d.png

After an excellent February we had a bit of le-way in March which was a good thing, especially given that we had two really difficult fixtures during the month.

We put in a controlled performance against Almeria and a goal either side of the break was enough to ensure that we left with all three points. We took yet another thumping at the hands of Barcelona, but we gave a much better account of ourselves than at the Nou Camp. We had a fair few chances, hitting the woodwork twice in a battling performance, but their class was evident for all. We had to come from a goal down against Rayo to grab a point, but when we scored just six minutes before the break thanks to a thunderous free-kick by Andrea Russotto, I was looking for more from the game. Unfortunately, we just didn't get going in the second half and the game fizzled out into a pretty drab draw. We put in a solid effort to round the month off against Levante, but unfortunately, their superior players came up when it mattered and two late second half goals denied us a point.

Almost there now. Hopefully the consortium will put some money in for you :cool:

We're getting closer. A couple more solid months and we will be fine.

A great February and some good points in March. Doing fabulously well to be in midtable. :thup:

Cheers dude :thup:.

Great to see you climbing up the table! Even better to see consortium planning to take over your club :cool:

Will be nice if the consortium can pump some money into the club.

Great news about the takeover potentially!

On another note, what is the reward finacially for being promoted to the BBVA?

I can't remember what I was given just for achieving promotion now, but I have gone from the red to nearly £8m in the black over the course of the last year now.

That's much better :thup:
Much better. Should be safe. And a takeover too, would be good if they had a few bob spare, too.

Cheers lads :thup:.

Great season so far, but the bottom and mid table teams are very close, far from being safe from relegation. Good Luck!

Cheers dude.

There is an update coming up, so that will give you the full indication of how things are.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - April 2017

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsf5e64ede.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps9d3854e4.png

A very solid month which has officially sealed our survival in this division. It seems odd saying that when we're sat in 8th place in the table, but that has been the nature of this league.

The Osasuna game was very, very even, and with nothing in it, and both sides scoring a goal in either half, both sides played out a draw. The game against Granada was insane. It swung this way and that, but with the game level at 2-2, Granada added a further two goals and with twenty minutes remaining we faced an uphill task. We were heading for defeat, but two goals in four minutes late on allowed for us to salvage a very unlikely draw. We played out another draw, our third in a row against Mallorca before finally tasting victory in April. We were level with Tenerife at 1-1 but right on half time we scored a second goal which turned the game massively in our favour. The goal seemed to knock the wind out of our opponents, and it didn't take us long to further add to our lead. We scored two further goals before Tenerife scored a consolation goal in a 5-2 win. The result against Elche was definitely a smash and grab win, which is strange given the scoreline, but we shocked them completely. We scored on the counter to give us the lead, and from a corner on 53 minutes we doubled that lead. Elche pulled a goal back immediately and with twenty minutes left on the clock they levelled things. Much to my delight though, Kike scored our third goal, and finally got his name on the score sheet after having two goals earlier chalked off for offside to give us a brilliant away win.

Is a European spot up for grabs? I know this season it goes down to 7th due to Real and Barca being in the Copa Del Rey final.

Fabulous season all round though. :thup:

5th and 6th Definitely qualify for the Europa League, 7th does, depending on the Copa del Rey winner.

i went through 5 before mine went through with Everton

I am hopeful something will happen in the near future, although I would prefer a tycoon :D.

Brilliant as always, how could I think otherwise. :applause:

Btw, your older threads and dafuge were my inspirations to join this community and to start a thread of my own, so thanks for that as well. :thup:

Thank you for the kind words :). Always means a lot to see people posting things like that.

Well done on survival. I know it looks comfortable now but it was anything but that for the majority of the season :D Shame about the consortium pulling out but hopefully you'll manage some money to build for next season.

Cheers dude :thup:.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - May 2017

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpse9869541.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps3bd21cde.png

Not the greatest end to the season in the world, but it wasn't as though any of that mattered with survival already sealed.

We got off to a great start against Sevilla by taking the lead inside fifteen minutes and we ended up going in at the break a goal up. Our lead didn't last long into the second half though as Sevilla levelled things after 53 minutes, and just when it seemed like we could grab a brilliant point, we conceded with just two minutes left on the clock to completely deflate us as we fell to defeat. Luckily we bounced back well with a good victory over Espanyol. We once again went in at the break a goal to the good, but came out quickly in the second half and doubled our lead. Espanyol did pull one back, but we doubled our lead once again in the 66th minute and managed to see the rest of the game out to give us a good win. We put in a good shift against Valencia to round off the season, having some really good chances to grab a point late on, but it wasn't to be.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Review - 2016/17

Liga BBVA

Results (Aug - Dec) - Results (Jan - May)

League Performance: 10th

An absolutely unbelievable debut campaign at this level. I honestly didn't think we would ever find ourselves looking as comfortable as we did, but we somehow made it happen. We had such a tough start in the league as well with our first five away games being against some of the leagues biggest sides, but once we found that first win in October we pushed on and lost just six games from then until the end of the season. If I am being overly critical, we drew too many games for my liking, but I am pleased with the resilience we showed to avoid defeat.

Copa del Rey

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Fourth Round

We weren't expected to do anything in this competition and that was the case as we were knocked out at our first hurdle.

Squad

I have nothing but praise for the players and the squad as a whole. We definitely over-achieved with the squad we had, but our achievements should allow us to bring in better players. We were lucky in the sense that we never really suffered from injuries this season, allowing us to play our big hitters throughout.

Transfers - Finances

We brought in a lot of players during the season in order to survive, spending big for a club of our standards.

The finances look fantastic too, something which is remarkable from where we started.

Player of the Season

1st - Leoncio Diaz - A deserved position for him in my opinion. He was brought in as a third, maybe even fourth choice centre back, but quickly found his way as one of my main two and played practically every game. A superb season for someone of such a tender age.

2nd - Andrea Esposito - He definitely stepped up to the mark this season and out-performed his attributes against some of the best strikers in the league. His contract is due to end though, and his demands are too high for someone at his age so he will likely be leaving the club.

3rd - Osnar Noronha - Probably a little unfair on some of the players who had been here all season, but his signing in January was something else and he was very important in the second half of the season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Copa del Rey | Copa RFEF | Notes |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2013/14 | Segunda Div. B3 | 3rd | Second Round | First Round | Promoted via Play-Off's |
| 2014/15 | Liga Adelante | 5th | Third Round | - | Play-Off Semi-Final |
| 2015/16 | Liga Adelante | 1st | Second Round | - | Promoted as Champions |
| 2016/17 | Liga BBVA | 10th | Fourth Round | - | - |[/Code]

[center][size=3][b]Next Season[/b][/size]

Obviously we would like to push on, but in reality anything similar would be fantastic.[/center]

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Preview - 2017/18

Board Expectations:

Liga BBVA: Stay clear of Relegation

Copa del Rey: Reach the Fifth Round

My Expectations:

Liga BBVA: I think the boards expectations are fair, but anything close to where we finished last season would be very nice

Copa del Rey: I think we are about ready for a nice little run

Budgets:

Transfer: £9m

Wage: £226,752 (currently spending £183,253)

Balance: £15,695,369 (+£9,418,621 since last season)

Projected Balance: £27.02m

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zpsebdfc2a9.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps870fba37.png

I am delighted that there is some good news coming regarding the facilities, but it is getting very tiresome having to argue with the board in order to get it.

This is the first thing in my four years at the club that they have agreed to something I think.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Pre-Season - 2017/18

Friendlies

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsf7d37538.png

A very quiet pre-season really as we didn't play too many fixtures. We did do pretty well though in the games that we did play and only lost the once, that being in a Friendly Cup hosted by German side Borussia Monchengladbach.

Transfers - In

Georgi Terziev - £1.6m - Signed from relegated Rayo to fill the void of departed players. He is a solid player who will hopefully improve our defence from last season.

Franck Flakonga - Loan - I really only brought him in to give us another option. He is a solid player who should chip in when called upon.

Daniel Donatelli - Free - A solid young goalkeeper who should improve nicely. Definitely beefs up competition for places.

Daniel Schwaab - Loan - Really just an extension of the loan from last season. Did well for us so I retained his services for another year.

Rodrigo Dourado - Free - A brilliant looking player for us to have on board. Has his best years ahead of him so he should be a solid player for a few years to come.

Imoh Ezekiel - £4.5m - We smashed our transfer record to bring him in so there will be pressure on his shoulders immediately, but he has attributes in all the right areas for a striker.

Ruben Ricardo Carabali - £700k - A seriously cheap transfer for someone who is already so good. Should be a major player in the coming years.

Stanley Okoro - Free - Another brought in from a relegated club, this time signing from Almeria. He looks a fantastic acquisition.

Transfers - Out

A lot of activity going out of the club this summer with numerous players leaving at the end of their contracts. We also made a little bit of money off a few sales, but the stand-out departure was that of Leoncio Diaz who joined Sevilla after they triggered his release clause. I tried to sign him to a new deal, but he opted to leave the club instead.

A great first campaign in La Liga. Yes you suffered some heavy losses against the biggest teams, but you competed really well against the rest and to finish just in the top half of the table is an outstanding achievement. Very well done indeed. :)

Some good transfers heading into the new season; Terziev and Ezekiel really look nice. Pity that the tycoon hasn't taken over yet - hope he does and brings some funds to take the club forward as quickly as possible.

A great first campaign in La Liga. Yes you suffered some heavy losses against the biggest teams, but you competed really well against the rest and to finish just in the top half of the table is an outstanding achievement. Very well done indeed. :)

Some good transfers heading into the new season; Terziev and Ezekiel really look nice. Pity that the tycoon hasn't taken over yet - hope he does and brings some funds to take the club forward as quickly as possible.

We definitely suffered some big defeats, but then again, who doesn't against those sides really. We got the results in the games that mattered in order to keep ourselves in the division. Chuffed with how we did :).

Unfortunately, the takeover has missed the transfer window, and it isn't the tycoon as the club seem to have accepted the consortium bid. The transfer embargo is now in place.

Well, that was excellent after a tough start. Ezekiel doesn't look too bad.

Cheers dude.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - August 2017

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsc2a0d876.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps43fa5fcc.png

A mixed and unspectacular start to the season, but much easier than last season and we are off the mark early which is nice.

I was very disappointed with our performance against Granada because we just didn't get our usual passing game going. We gave the ball away cheaply throughout the game which was our downfall. We did well to score in the 20th minute after going a goal down, with Stanley Okoro levelling the game for us on his debut. Going in at half-time level, I thought we could kick on but we didn't and conceded two cheap goals as we fell to opening day defeat. Luckily, we bounced back with a solid performance at home to Real Betis. A goal in each half, including home debut goals for both players gave us a solid 2-0 win.

Transfers - In

The Rest of the Business

Moussa Gnahoua - Loan - A good deal to pull off for a loan. He is a solid player and in a position we needed to strengthen.

Andrea Esposito - Free - After leaving at the end of the season I finally managed to get him to agree a contract with us. He is past his best and probably isn't as good as who we have now, but I still needed defenders and wanted someone I trusted.

Angelo Galli - Loan - Another option for us to have when we have been light in positions. A solid young player.

Kaan Aksoy - Loan - Our abuse of the loan market continued and once again I managed to bring in a solid back-up for the season.

Very handsomely done last season in the end :thup:

Looks like the February performances spurred the team on for the rest of the year.

Why thank you :).

We definitely had a turn in form, and personally I think that was down to the signings which helped the team massively.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - September 2017

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps38e481fe.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps72bf4874.png

A nice little month for us, with more points surprisingly being picked up on the road than at home.

Our first half display against Real Sociedad was solid enough with both sides playing out an even priod, but a huge five minutes into stoppage time Imoh Ezekiel scored his first goal for the club to give us the lead. The second half was all about us clinging on for the win though as Sociedad controlled things, but our defence was more than up to the task as we managed to hang on for all three points. We put in a poor first half performance against Espanyol as we went in at the break a goal down, but it didn't take us that long to equalise. We had our chances in the game to win it, but couldn't take them and the game fizzled out into a draw. We once again claimed another 1-0 win on the road, but we were second best throughout. The only goal of the game came thanks to a hoof forward from our defence, and a mistake in their back line allowed Franck Flakonga to run through and coolly slot the ball home. The month did round off with disappointment as we put in a shocking display against Malaga, falling to a 2-0 defeat.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps3af6fb7d.png

So with the transfer embargo lifted from the club, they have announced that they will further upgrade the facilities from what the former owners announced they would.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps229c3002.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zps62e54641.png

Great news as well that I am going to be able to spend a little more cash come January.

Archived