This isn't Spain. This is Catalonia, and we will be Top Dogs

SRL88

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decent start, there's some good sides in that division so it's going to be a tough year but i'm sure you'll pick up a decent amount of points :thup:

Cheers dude. I'm thrilled with how we have performed thus far. If we can continue in this fashion, we will be fine.

SANT-ANDREU_zps02a2dd62.jpg

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - October 2014

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsb7a16981.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps024c72b6.png

A very nice month for us, and a good little defensive record to go with it.

We were never truly at our best in any game during October so it was nice to come out with three wins, the first of which came away to Leganes. A superb free-kick by Xavi Jimenez put us in the lead but from then on it was more about trying to pick them off on the counter. We tried sticking to our usual game but it wasn't working and at half-time I made a few changes. We were much improved in the second half and were a lot more comfortable, finally sealing the game in the final ten minutes for the win. We followed that up with a very good win at home to Gimnastic with a brilliant double coming from that man Xavi Jimenez again. The Numancia game was definitely our worst performance of the season so far. We were never in the game at all but an own-goal in the 74th minute gave us the chance of an unlikely point. That seemed to spur us a little and we had our chances, but couldn't convert them. Against Sabadell we were the better side but struggled to break them down and it took a late penalty, but was a win we needed on the back of defeat.

Copa del Rey 3rd Round

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps1534ef88.png

We were never in this game at all. I rested players and we were suffering from injuries so it wasn't my first eleven, but it doesn't excuse the performance we put in. It was bad!!

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - November 2014

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zps10dcfefa.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages-2_zpsda830b3a.png

A month I am extremely pleased with, especially considering we had three really tough away fixtures during the month as well.

Probably the most important result of the month, and our season got November under way as we faced our city rivals Barcelona 'B' at the Narcis Sala. It wasn't our most fluid of performances but we got the job done with two well worked goals. The two fixtures away to Oviedo and Betis were as tough as we could have asked for really and I didn't expect much from either game. We did OK in both fixtures but we struggled against two better sides. We did manage to put those results aside with two very hard fought wins to go into December with. The first came at home to Alcoron where a penalty in the final fifteen minutes gave us the win. For the first hour of the game away to Mirandes we were shocking and really should have been out of site but a mixture of poor finishing and good goalkeeping kept us in it. That allowed for us to pull off an unlikely, and probably undeserved comeback to seal a 2-1 win.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - December 2014

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsb7b2bcbb.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages-3_zpsdc7a83d0.png

A solid, yet unspectacular month to take us into the winter break.

The game against Alaves was one of those bonkers games where defending went out of the window. We scored the first goal of the game in the 23rd minute, and the goal scored by Marco Konigs on 28 minutes was the third of the game in just five minutes as the score sat at 2-1. Alaves came out fighting in the second half and by the hour mark were 3-2 up. We kept pushing and finally found an equaliser in the 84th minute to give us a point in a highly entertaining 3-3 draw. We were made to battle for the win against Lugo, especially in the second half. We were the much better side in the opening period and held a deserved 1-0 lead at the interval, but in the second half we were forced to battle in order to hang on for the win. I was disappointed that we only managed a point against Valladolid because we really should have taken all three. A fantastic free-kick had us a goal up at half-time, but the chances we had in the second half just have had us out of sight. It was just one of those days though and when Valladolid scored in the 86th minute I knew it just wasn't to be.

You're going along outstandingly well. It looks like your players have really stepped up in the higher division.

Definitely. We've been fantastic in the first half of the season but we have to keep it up.

Brilliant work in the first half of the season,looks to be extremely close in the league so hopefully you can take advantage of any slip ups and sneak a playoff spot.

Cheers dude :).

I think a play-off spot would be a bit ambitious. If we can finish mid-table I would be chuffed.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - January 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps5e35f564.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps3321a5a1.png

A month which was littered with draws, which at times was disappointing and at others I was pleased.

We fell behind against Murcia and did well to be level by half time. In the second half we were fantastic with a very controlled performance and really should have taken the chances that we had. Having settled for a draw we travelled to Girona where we got off to a fast start as we were a goal up after ten minutes. We had a mass amount of chances but just couldn't take them before conceding just after the break. A penalty had us in the lead once again but our defence made continuous mistakes against our struggling opponents and we could only manage a draw. The two goalless draws that followed though were solid results considering our opponents. Against much better clubs we kept two clean sheets and frustrated our opponents throughout both games.

Transfers - In

Didac - Free - Having been released by ourselves at the end of last season (not through choice), he was still available come the end of January and I was thrilled to snap up one of our better performers last season.

Joseba Beitia - Free - A very good attacking minded midfielder. Thrilled with his capture and hopefully he will be a good attacking option for us.

Vito Falconieri - Loan - A solid striker to have at the club and a bit of a different option for us to have at the club.

Jose Miguel Morales - Loan - Another of last seasons players. This one left for Granada at the start of the season and has been loaned back to us by our parent club.

Andreas Ludwig - Loan - A cracking capture for the club. Very solid winger.

Transfers - Out

A few departures during the month which enabled us to bring others in. The two loans were players sent to our feeder club while I allowed two players to leave permanently who weren't featuring for the first team.

Strange month that because 2 of those draws were good results. Still only 2 points from a play off spot though so it is still a decent month for you.

Definitely. Even the Murcia game wasn't easy on paper, but a win away to Girona would have been beneficial.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - February 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps36bbde4a.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpsb9286b14.png

A superb month all-round for us. We were fantastic going forward but absolutely fantastic defensively.

We played out a hard-earned draw away to Ponferradina which was our sixth in a row in the league. Going into the Zaragoza game we were in much need of a win but we weren't at our best in the game as Zaragoza dominated throughout. We scored the only goal of the game right on half-time but it was against the run of play. Things didn't improve much in the second half for us going forward but our defence was on fine form as we held out for a 1-0 win. That gave us a lot of confidence for the rest of the month and a fantastic counter attacking performance away to Hercules saw us pull off a fantastic victory. We scored early on which gave us something to hold onto and just past the half hour mark we perfected a brilliant counter attack from one of their corners to make it 2-0. Hercules battered us in the second half, but once again our defence was resolute and keeper on fine form as we held on to our two goal lead and then added a third with fifteen minutes remaining to seal the game. The Cordoba game was an absolute corker in the first half. We fell behind inside five minutes but soon equalised. In the space of three minutes we took the lead and then doubled it before they scored in the 44th minute as we went in 3-2 up at the break. The second half was a lot calmer but we managed to score in stoppage time to seal the win. The Leganes game was very uneventful with little action happening. When we scored in the fourth minute we were always in control, but with very little happening there was always that worry of us conceding late on, but all doubt of that went when we doubled our lead with fifteen minutes remaining.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - March 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps05dc9182.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpsd7e036e6.png

A storming month as we claimed four wins from four to put ourselves right in the automatic promotion battle.

We didn't put in our best performance away to Eibar and were probably second best for much of the first half but once we found that first goal with five minutes left in the half it deflated our opponents. It allowed us to come out and control things after the break and even though we weren't at our fluent best we managed to add a scruffy second goal to seal all three points. We were at the races from the off against Gimnastic and in the 26th minute took the lead thanks to a brilliant strike by Hoffenheim loanee Andreas Ludwig. Before the break we managed to add a second to put us in further control and with twenty minutes remaining in the game we scored a third to seal all three points. The Numancia game toyed with my nerves for a lot of the match. A goal inside fifteen minutes gave us the lead but we lost almost immediately and went in at the break level. Just after the break we conceded a very poor second to leave us chasing the game. We managed to find that equalising goal on 65 minutes but the remaining time in the game was really nervy. Both sides had chances, and good ones too. It could have gone either way, but it was us who found the winner with just three minutes remaining thanks to a great strike from the edge of the area by Iosu Ozkoidi. We did all the hard work in the first half away to Sabadell with four goals inside the first forty five minutes. That allowed for us to take our foot completely off the pedal after the break, and although we conceded one, we eased to the three points.

I just saw u started a new career great stuff mate , i am glad you decided to give it another try after the bad misfortune u had with the last save , you and dafuge are the reasons i stoped lurking around here and decided to post and make my own story keep it up mate and be the next catalonian giants.

I just saw u started a new career great stuff mate , i am glad you decided to give it another try after the bad misfortune u had with the last save , you and dafuge are the reasons i stoped lurking around here and decided to post and make my own story keep it up mate and be the next catalonian giants.

Thank you for the kind words :).

I take it from what you have said the top two go straight up, and 3rd-6th go into playoffs? If so then keep it up, you have a great chance at automatic promotion! :)

You would be correct. Automatic promotion is definitely on our radar now.

Is there 10 games left? 8 points behind, you can still win the title. KUTGW enjoying it so far.

Haha I wouldn't go that far mind :D.

Have only just found and read this thread.

You're doing extraordinarily well. La Liga looms and will surely be a step up too soon?

Brilliant stuff!

I thought this was a step up too soon in fairness. You never know :thup:.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - April 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps61699668.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpsd086711d.png

A very frustrating month as our promotion hopes suffered a set-back, but we're still well and truly in the mix.

We lost the 'Barcelona Derby' against our rivals in a poor performance. We took the lead but spent much of the time after that on the back-foot which was frustrating to say the least. We conceded on the hour and with nine minutes remaining we conceded again and failed to find an equaliser after. We managed to grind out a 1-0 win at home to Oviedo thanks to a well-worked team goal which turned out to be the winner. I was gutted with defeat against Betis, mainly because we were a goal up until the 89th minute. We were battered, there is no denying that as we mustered only five shots at goal to their thirty, but we held a 1-0 lead thanks to a brilliant finish just past the half hour mark. Once we conceded though in the 89th minute I had a sense of what was to happen and that was exactly what did happen as we fell to a 2-1 defeat. After falling a goal down to Alcoron after just four minutes we battled back well to go in 2-1 up at the break. The second half was very tight with neither side creating many chances but we suffered from late goal syndrome once again as we conceded in the 88th minute to deny us all three points.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - May & June 2015

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsdcbe89b9.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages-2_zps2ce73343.png

I have mixed feelings about our run-in during the final games of the season because going into the last three games I was delighted, but after that we just completely stopped playing.

We dominated the game against Mirandes with a fabulous display. Miguel Herlein was the star of the show with a part in all three goals, scoring one and providing the assist for the other. We never looked in trouble and were constantly a threat going forward. Against Lugo we weren't as good as against Mirandes, but we were effective enough to grab all three points. We conceded very early in the game but soon sharpened up and had levelled the game before the half hour mark. The second half was cagey but there was still chances for both sides and when we took the lead it seemed to deflate our opponents and a few minutes later we picked them off easy to seal the game. We took an early lead against Alaves who went on to cause us a few problems after, but having a man sent off before the break changed the game and we went on to control things from then on. We left it late to add a second, but once the red card was shown, the result was never in doubt. The final three performances were shocking in contrast to what proceeded them. Leading 1-0 against Girona, we conceded late on to deny us the win, but in truth we didn't deserve all three points and the final two games of the season were shocking as we folded without any fight.

We have qualified for the Play-Off's which is very pleasing in our first season at this level, but it would have been nicer to go into them with some sort of form.

Good luck with the play off :thup:
Good luck in the playoffs, hopefully your form will pick up for them :thup:

Cheers lads :).

You may be a little disappointed with not getting promoted automatically, but you've had a great debut campaign in Liga Adelante, and you may of course still get promoted. Good luck in the playoffs.

Definitely agree with you there. We've had a great season and no matter what, we should be proud.

Close, but a great season and to have a shot in the playoffs is fantastic.

The dream is alive!

Cheers dude :thup:.

Liga Adelante Promotion Play-Off's

Semi-Final

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpse7903b08.png

Final

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages-2_zps65356cb6.png

Unfortunately for us it just wasn't to be. We gave it our all and had a first leg lead, but a red card after 70 minutes cost us massively as we went on to concede two goals too leave us with an uphill task in the second leg. We weren't at our best, but had our chances in that game and just couldn't take what chances we had and ended up falling to a late defeat.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Review - 2014/15

Liga Adelante

Results (Aug - Dec) - Results (Jan - Jun)

Play-Off Results

League Performance: 5th - Knocked out in Play-Off Semi-Final

Despite our end to the season and the disappointment of the Play-Off's, I really should have no complaints about our season overall, especially with it being our first season at this level. We started slow but soon found our stride and started picking up wins and by Christmas we were right up there with the leading pack. Our form from November was brilliant really and we went on an 18 game unbeaten run which was fantastic. Our promotion bid fizzled out in the end was we had to settle for the Play-Off's, and Valladolid were just too strong for us.

Copa del Rey

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Third Round

A round better than last season, but given our opponents in the Third Round I would have liked to go a little further. We were poor in that game so it just wasn't to be.

Squad

There are a few loan players missing from the squad list as they were twisting towards the end of the season too much and I decided to terminate their loans, but overall we had a brilliant squad this season and I am proud of every player. Once again though we need to move forward and changes need to be made.

Transfers - Finances

We had a bit of a bonkers season in regards to transfers with incomings and outgoings. We never spent a penny despite all the signings.

We're back in the black as well with the finances. The extra step up in league has helped massively.

Player of the Season

1st - Xavi Jimenez - I could hardly deny him this honour for a second year running. Even at his age he impresses continuously and was our top goalscorer.

2nd - Miguel Herlein - A much improved season from him as he started to mature as a player.

3rd - Dani Torres - Given the fact that we had the second best defence in the league I felt the need to include a defender in this list, and looking back at things, the signing of this guy massively improved our defence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Copa del Rey | Copa RFEF | Notes |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2013/14 | Segunda Div. B3 | 3rd | Second Round | First Round | Promoted via Play-Off's |
| 2014/15 | Liga Adelante | 5th | Third Round | - | Play-Off Semi-Final |[/Code]

[center][size=3][b]Next Season[/b][/size]

In a way I suppose anything other than similar would be failure, but we should really be looking to further solidify ourselves in this league.[/center]

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Preview - 2015/16

Board Expectations:

Liga Adelante: Achieve a Mid-Table Finish

Copa del Rey: Reach the Third Round

My Expectations:

Liga Adelante: I set the expectations, so that is my aim also

Copa del Rey: A trip to the Nou Camp would be nice

Budgets:

Transfer: £20k

Wage: £36,555 (currently spending £34,243)

Balance: £617,513 (+1,076,457 since last season)

Projected Balance: £2.01m

NIce season, even with the playoff loss, and nice new sponsorship deal. Looking forward to the next season!
Just caught up on your thread. Fantastic progress mate. Good luck with the next season.
Quality season despite missing out on the playoffs :thup:

Cheers lads :thup:.

I think missing out on promotion last season should turn out to be a good thing this season. Probably it wouldve been too early to get to the primera division that quickly.

Good luck for this season :)

I definitely agree with you. Promotion would have been more of a hindrance than a gain. A few seasons at this level will do us good.

I don't think it'll be long for your time to come.

Probably not in truth :D.

Archived