• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SANT-ANDREU_zps02a2dd62.jpg

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - March 2014

Segunda Division B3

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps82433903.png

SegundaDivisioacutenBGrupo3_OverviewStages-2_zpsb3883ef8.png

A brilliant month, despite their being a defeat in there which seems to have opened a bit of a gap now to the sides below us, leaving it a three horse race for two promotion spots.

The game against Espanyol 'B' never really got going at all and a goal in just the tenth minute of the game was enough to give us a difficult three points. Our attack was well and truly on-song away to Llagostera with two goals inside twelve minutes putting us in control of the game. We weren't troubled too much, but our defence did its job when required to do so and that allowed us to pick our opponents off on the counter. A third goal was added from a corner before a wonderful goal on the counter sealed a 4-0 win. Our only defeat of the month came in a really poor performance away to Hospitalet but we managed to get back on track with another high scoring win. We did all the hard work in the first half with all of our goals coming in the opening period. As expected, we were given a difficult game away to Reus and after falling behind in the first half we did really well to score just before the interval to give us a good platform ahead of the second half. That equalising goal was massive because we went on to score what turned out to be the winner before the hour mark to give us a really good win on the road.

Good start overall :thup: Shame you had that bit of a wobble otherwise you could have been pushing for top spot.

Definitely. If we didn't have those two poor months it could have been a different story, but given our media prediction at the start of the season I am really pleased.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - April & May 2014

Segunda Division B3

April Results

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps389a0e9d.png

A solid month against some top sides, two of which are in contention for a Play-Off spot as we kept our push going.

There was never going to be much in the game against Valencia and that was exactly the way it was. Both sides were content with a draw but a thundering header by Samba Kanoute gave us a late lead and a massive three points. The game against Alcoyano was definitely a game of two halves and I was really annoyed that we failed to win the game. A superb first half had us in complete control at 2-0, and even after the hour we were looking comfortable, but a complete collapse in the final half hour of the game meant we had to settle for a point. It was the complete opposite against Lleida as I was pleased to come away with a point in this game. It was a poor showing from ourselves so our defence had to be on top form, and they were. The month rounded off with a brilliant win against leaders Gimnastic. We put a great shift in throughout the game and a 2-0 win was the least we deserved.

May Results

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps866ff028.png

SegundaDivisioacutenBGrupo3_OverviewStages_zps9e66bd8c.png

Two comfortable fixtures rounded off the season for us which allowed us to comfortably qualify for the promotion Play-Off's.

We surprisingly fell behind against Ontinyent in the first half, but after a stern talking to at the break we came out much better and on the hour we levelled the game thanks to a brave header by Ruben Fonte. We could have scored a second as we had some good chances, but a point was enough to seal Play-Off qualification. The regular season rounded off in style away to already relegated Constancia with two goals in each half taking us an easy 4-0 win.

2013/14 Second Phase Play-Off First Round Draw

SegundaDivisioacutenB_OverviewStages_zpse1628ba3.png

No matter who we drew it wasn't going to be easy, and we have been handed a tie against Segunda Division B1 side Burgos who finished third in their respective league. I'm glad we have the second leg at home.

Hopefully you can nick it a win at their place before 2nd leg at home.

It would be nice, but it won't be easy.

Getting exciting. Good luck.

Cheers dude :thup:.

Well done in getting into the playoffs. The four cleansheets you had in four of the final six games were big factors. :D

Haha. That will satisfy you own needs for clean sheets :p.

Still a few more hoops to jump through, which won't be easy.

It certainly won't be easy. I personally don't think we are ready as a club to go up.

Never seen this particular playoff system - should be good :thup:

Neither have I :D.

Segunda Division B Play-Off's

First Phase Play-Off Semi-Final

SegundaDivisioacutenB_OverviewStages-2_zps14d6bdf1.png

Second Phase Play-Off First Round

SegundaDivisioacutenB_OverviewStages_zps3d6775dd.png

It was tough, that's for sure but we managed to go through on away goals. We put a cracking shift in during the first leg which allowed for us to claim a 2-1 win. It was as if the players thought that was job done though because we weren't at our best in the second leg and lost the game 1-0.

Second Phase Play-Off Second Round Draw

SegundaDivisioacutenB_OverviewStages-3_zpsfdec2f5e.png

Definitely the best draw we could have hoped for out of the teams remaining. They finished third in their respective league, the Segunda B Division Group 4.

Segunda B Division Play-Off's

Second Phase Play-Off Second Round

SegundaDivisioacutenB_OverviewStages-4_zps415d82c8.png

Superb work from us to leave us with just one step for promotion. We played out a 1-1 draw in the first leg at Linense but a fantastic second leg display at home saw us through. We conceded first after just seven minutes but that spurred us on and were 3-1 up in the tie by half-time. A fourth was added in second half stoppage time in a comfortable win.

Second Phase Play-Off Third Round Draw

SegundaDivisioacutenB_OverviewStages-5_zps5f5479f3.png

With the teams left there was no chance of an 'easy' draw, but ouch!! This is not going to be easy at all, and with the first leg at home, for me, it makes it even tougher.

Segunda B Division Play-Off's

Second Phase Play-Off Third Round

SegundaDivisioacutenB_OverviewStages_zpsfddccd0b.png

Unbelievable work from the lads. I am in absolute shock. We weren't that good in the first leg and despite taking the lead in the game Albacete swamped us and really should have taken a lead back into the second leg. We were fantastic in the second leg though and caused them a lot of problems. We found the only goal of the game from the penalty spot just before the break and held on for an amazing result.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Review - 2013/14

Segunda Division B Group 3

Results (Sep - Dec) - Results (Jan - May)

Play-Off Results

League Performance: 3rd - Promoted via Play-Off's

A superb season which came as a complete shock. When I saw the media prediction of 15th I was expecting us to be in for a long old season but that was completely thrown out of the window. We started the season strongly but a poor November and December going into the Christmas period really dented any hopes of top spot but we were always in and around the Play-Off's. After Christmas our form improved dramatically and we suffered just one defeat until the end of the regular season to seal a Play-Off spot.

My shock at our amazing season was already at a high, but was topped off in the Play-Off's with six fantastic performances. We got a little lucky against Burgos with us having to rely on away goals but after that, despite a couple of draws in two of the two first leg ties we more than warranted our promotion with some fantastic displays.

Copa del Rey

Competition Performance: Knocked out in Second Round

I would have probably liked to go a little further in the competition and maybe have a tie against one of the bigger clubs but it wasn't to be as we exited the competition at the first hurdle.

Copa RFEF

Competition Performance: Knocked out in First Round

I wasn't that fussed about going out in this competition given the draw. Racing were a much bigger and better club than ourselves and we were swept aside in the second leg.

Squad

I can't give enough praise for the players for the players at hand this season as they were absolutely superb. Pretty much everyone performed above expectations and most will be given the time to shine next season.

Transfers - Finances

All of the dealings this season were free's or loans. No money was spent and nor was any brought into the club. It was just really difficult to do with the players I had and the budget I had to make signings.

The finances aren't great and only look as good as they do because the owner put £500k into the club. It is very difficult to make money in the lower leagues.

Player of the Season

1st - Xavi Jimenez - There was never a question in my mind about this one. Even at his age he was by far the stand-out player at the club. He wasn't a starter at the beginning of the season but once he was thrown in he impressed massively and was an ever-present. His performances warranted him an extra year on his contract.

2nd - Didac - He had a very solid season despite missing parts of it due to injury. He was good at the back and chipped in with goals as well.

3rd - Ibon Gutierrez - Was one of those players who didn't blow me away but just chipped away with solid performances and rarely missed a game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | League | League Position | Copa del Rey | Copa RFEF | Notes |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2013/14 | Segunda Div. B3 | 3rd | Second Round | First Round | Promoted via Play-Off's |[/Code]

[center][size=3][b]Next Season[/b][/size]

I would be daft to hope for anything more than survival, and even then, I think we will struggle massively.[/center]

Great job on the promotion. It's great when the team comes up big at just the right time. So many times on FM it's the other way around :). What sort of points were good for survival in the Adelante last season?

Great job on the promotion. It's great when the team comes up big at just the right time. So many times on FM it's the other way around :). What sort of points were good for survival in the Adelante last season?

Cheers fella :thup:.

43pts would have kept you in the league last season with two teams going down on 42pts. I honestly don't think we will achieve that. I'm not optimistic :(.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Preview 2014/15

Board Expectations:

Liga Adelante: Stay Clear of Relegation

Copa del Rey: Reach the Second Round

My Expectations:

Liga Adelante: I honestly don't think we're strong enough to stay in the division

Copa del Rey: My focus is elsewhere

Budgets:

Transfer: £0

Wage: £20,664 (currently spending £22,278)

Balance: -£458,944 (-£619,786 since arrival)

Projected Balance: £592k

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Pre-Season - 2014/15

Friendlies

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps6d29c255.png

Given the season we are undoubtedly in for I felt it was essential for a pre-season like this. Other than the Granada game which was a must as part of our agreement I set the rest up myself in order to gain confidence going into the season. We needed wins under our belt and that is exactly what we got with some nice wins. Losing just the once was also a massive bonus.

Transfers - In

Marco Konigs - Loan - We started pre-season with just one out and out striker so it was essential that we strengthened upfront. I managed to find this lad in the 3. Liga in Germany and picked him up on loan with us paying nothing at all towards him.

David Viana - Free - He played well on loan for us last season so I thought it was worth bringing him in permanently.

Iosu Ozkoidi - Loan - Last season I felt he didn't perform to the best of his ability and he missed action due to injury. I felt there was more to come and he doesn't cost much either.

Goku - Loan - Our first case of raiding Grenada for players on loan. A decent winger.

Jose Del Amo - Loan - We needed a right-back and we had to wait a fair distance into pre-season, but I finally managed to sign one.

Ivan Rubio - Loan - A really solid midfielder for the club and will go a long way to helping us in our battle for promotion.

Samba Kanoute - Free - He was fantastic last season for us when on loan and it was impossible for me to pass this deal up.

Samuel Marfil - Loan - Definitely our best signing of the summer. He is a brilliant defender and will be essential over the coming season.

Transfers - Out

A few departures over the course of the summer. I didn't want to lose Didac at all but I just couldn't afford his wages and I am sad to see him go. The other people leaving at the end of their contracts were set in motion for a while while we also sold a couple of players which helped the balance a little.

Well done on promotion. Those playoffs can be a real pain in the backside :D

It is yeah, but I seriously wish we didn't. We don't have the money to be able to build a squad at all. I'm struggling.

Amazing achievement! Good luck for the season ahead. How many teams are relegated?

There are 4 relegation places in the Adelante.

Terrific achievement getting promoted in the first season. To beat Burgos and Albacete is outstanding. :thup:

Cheers dude. Much appreciated. I also feel a lot better at the end of August now. The board increased my wage budget and it has allowed me to bring in a few cracking players.

oh dear SRL, you've done a me in the dafuge challenge :D, prepare for a season of struggling to keep up with the teams outside the relegation zone and a chairman demanding you sell players that have no worth :thup:

It will definitely be a season of struggles. I'm just hoping that the board aren't over-expecting.

Congrats on promotion mate :thup:
Congrats on promotion, shame you had to beat Albacete ;)

Cheers lads :thup:.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - August 2014

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps8152c86f.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps99e230ff.png

You'd have thought I had done something wrong to ask for an opening set of fixtures really.

They don't come much tougher than away to Celta Vigo on the opening day in this league and although we went in at the break level thanks to some good goalkeeping we were found out in the second half. Another twenty minutes passed by in the second half but once that first goal went in we fell apart. Our defence, particularly on our left struggled to cope as we fell to a 3-0 defeat. We played really well against Sporting and given the difficulty of the fixture I was gutted that we couldn't grab a point. Our first win at this level was huge, and a win which will hopefully boost the lads going forward. Our opponents had the vast majority of the chances like in the fixtures before, but we held on and with just over ten minutes remaining a great cross into the box found Ander Vitoria who headed home.

Transfers - In

The Rest of the Business

Christian Riera - Free - I released him at the end of last season but just couldn't find a full-back who was willing to join. Cheap wages and did a good job last season so I thought it was worth bringing him back to the club.

Dominique Malonga - Free - A very good signing for the club. Can cover in a few positions which will help and is really quick too.

Dani Torres - Free - Very pleased with this capture. Versatile and a solid player.

Ivan Pedrelli - Free - A massive capture and such a good player.

Whats the money like for being promoted to Adelante?

The money for promotion itself is pointless. Less than £100k. You do get £1.5m in TV money over the course of the season.

The money for promotion itself is pointless. Less than £100k. You do get £1.5m in TV money over the course of the season.

Guessing I am about to find out as I won the league, and then beat Athletico B in the playoff - revenge for there senior team sacking me :p

were did you get the kits and badges from just started a save with Reus

I get everything off sortitoutsi.

Congrats on gaining promotion and getting through those god awful playoffs,good luck for the new season :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:.

Ridiculously tough opening two fixtures. To have a win on the board is good going.

Definitely. A win was a massive plus after our start.

Guessing I am about to find out as I won the league, and then beat Athletico B in the playoff - revenge for there senior team sacking me :p

Even if you win your respective league you have to go through a play-off :).

Done very well there to get through the frustrating Seconda B playoffs unscathed :thup:

Sitting very nicely in midtable this year too ;)

Cheers dude :).

As I just found out SRL, won the league; then beat Athletico B and Sevilla B, but Sevilla also got promoted which did confuse me

Definitely a confusing league system.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - September 2014

Liga Adelante

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps3043ccdf.png

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpse687309c.png

A brilliant month as our form is starting to pick up.

Our start to the season didn't get any easier with a trip to Zaragoza and it showed in the first half as we found ourselves a goal down. We played well, but their class showed. Our performance massively improved in the second half and we soon found the net with Dani Torres scoring on his debut. It looked like we would take a point from the game but in the 88th minute we conceded to deny us. The Hercules game was very similar in that we played well but found ourselves a goal down at the break. It didn't take us long to level the game but we were unable to find a second. Definitely our worst performance of the month came away to Cordoba. We surprisingly took the lead in the game but were dominated until the interval. Cordoba leveled the game and it looked like they would go on and win but our defence was on fine form and we picked them off twice on the counter to seal a brilliant 3-1 win. You would hardly think that we fell behind against Eibar, especially when a quickfire David Viana gave us a 2-1 lead. We added a third before the break and another two in the second for our biggest win of the season.

Copa del Rey 2nd Round

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsd4b875ac.png

A very one-sided affair as we dominated the tie, especially up until the hour mark when all the hard work was done. Two quick first half goals had us in charge and we added to it just after the break. We were comfortable throughout, but Numancia pulled a goal back with twenty minutes left on the clock, although it didn't worry us at all.

Enjoying the read, thanks for sharing :)

Some absolute peaches in that division (game-wise) for a small club like yourself... Betis, Celta, Zaragoza as the standouts, then you have Sporting, Valladolid, Murcia and a few others with recent La Liga experience as well.

Plus the Barcelona B' derby... if thats recognised?

Good luck on keeping them up.

Enjoying the read, thanks for sharing :)

Some absolute peaches in that division (game-wise) for a small club like yourself... Betis, Celta, Zaragoza as the standouts, then you have Sporting, Valladolid, Murcia and a few others with recent La Liga experience as well.

Plus the Barcelona B' derby... if thats recognised?

Good luck on keeping them up.

Why thank you kind Sir :).

Yes, the Barca 'B' derby is listed under 'Other Rivals' so that will be enjoyable. There are some absolutely massive clubs in this division which only makes things harder, but so far we have been brilliant.

Archived