• Created
  • Last Reply

SANT-ANDREU_zps02a2dd62.jpg

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Preview - 2016/17

Board Expectations:

Liga BBVA: Stay clear of Relegation

Copa del Rey: Reach the Fourth Round

My Expectations:

Liga BBVA: Its difficult because there isn't an option for 'Battle against Relegation' so I'm stuck with this. It isn't going to be easy at all

Copa del Rey: Depending on how the season is going, I might be pleased with an early exit

Budgets:

Transfer: £4.67m

Wage: £166,859 (currently spending £88,840)

Balance: £6,276,748 (+5,659,235 since last season)

Projected Balance: £17.78m

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Pre-Season - 2016/17

Friendlies

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps85c0fd2e.png

Well pre-season started off with two thumping's at home, but we soon picked up on a tour of Andorra. After a nice little tour, we faced a couple of local sides to ensure that we went into the season in fine spirits.

Transfers - In

Yeray - Free - I think we know this guy from a certain previous save

Tammo Harder - Free - I like this signing a lot. He has some solid attributes already, but is young enough to have plenty of room for improvement.

Sidnei - £875k - A bargain deal really. Definitely an improvement from last season so should do a solid job.

Jean-Baptiste Pierazzi - Free - A superb deal. At this level, those fantastic mental attributes will be a massive help.

Leoncio Diaz - £850k - A cracking young buy who should improve massively with game time.

Andrea Russotto - Free - Considering his wages this is just a brilliant deal. Should be great once he settles.

Patric - £1.1m - A brilliant capture for us, and with a good right-back already at the club, this provides excellent competition for places.

Kike - £1.8m - A sign of the times now, as this is our record signing. He knows this level well having spent the last two seasons here with Deportivo and Real Betis, scoring 22 goals in the process. Anything similar would be fantastic.

Transfers - Out

Nothing worth shouting about at all really. No surprises were set with the players released, although it would have been nice to hang onto Dani Torres for an extra season.

Superb achievement in getting promotion. I thought you might sneak into second, but to win it is superb.

Good luck in La Liga, you couldn't have asked for a touher start! :D

Why thank you :). Our run-in was fantastic which was the sole reason for us winning the league.

We definitely couldn't have asked for a tougher start, but then again, will we ever get an easy game at this level? :p

Well done on promotion- Barca, Real Madrid, they are all so much putty in Sant Andreu's hands :D Seriously, good luck! To survive is to get a result and build from there.

Knowing your record on these forums I'm surprised you haven't won the league already :) Real Madrid shouldn't stand a chance against you!!!

I suppose it's a good reputation to have :p.

Well done on promotion- Barca, Real Madrid, they are all so much putty in Sant Andreu's hands :D Seriously, good luck! To survive is to get a result and build from there.

It isn't going to be easy at all. The quicker we can get points, the better.

Good luck :D

Cheers dude.

Opening match will be a 1-1 at the Bernabeu. Calling it now. :D

Haha. I doubt it :(.

I look forward to you defying odds in La Liga now :thup:

Given that we play both Madrid clubs away from home in our first three fixtures, it isn't going to be a nice start.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - August 2016

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsb1e1ee04.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpse34dd1ea.png

The state of the table will hardly come as a surprise given the fixtures we had, but at least we are off the mark point wise.

For the first forty minutes or so against Real Madrid we held our own against a club of such magnitude, but we conceded twice in quick succession before the break which killed us really. We couldn't get going at all in the second half and Real just eased through the game, adding a third to further dent some confidence. After conceding first against Real Sociedad we managed to battle on really well when heads could have easily dropped, scoring in the first half to give us our first goal of the season. With a little over twenty minutes in the game remaining we took the lead thanks to a fantastic solo effort from Tammo Harder, but we were unable to hold on for the win, but still picked up our first ever point at this level. We were on the back foot for a long, long time against Atletico, and it took an own-goal to beat us, but I was really proud of the players efforts.

Transfers - In

The rest of the Business

After a tough month, I felt the need to strengthen and brought three players in on deadline day.

Diego Lopes - £1.5m - A very good attacking midfielder who will be a good link between midfield and attack.

Sandy Walsh - Loan - This was brought on due to a departure in August, but he is a very solid central defender.

Luis Martins - £300k - Really pleased I managed to find such a good player for so little. An excellent capture.

Transfers - Out

The rest of the Business

There were three departures between the end of pre-season and the end of the transfer window, but only two of real note. Samba Kanoute had been a solid player for me, but he wanted first team football. I couldn't guarantee it at such a level so I allowed a loan deal to go through. The other departure saw me sell a good player in Joseba Beitia, but only because we had better players already at the club.

If there is any positive from the month,it's that you've played two of the biggest teams in Spain and both away from home!
I agree with B.W.G, was always going to be a tough start hopefully after the internationals you can get a few points on the board and keep the morale up.
Well, that's two of the worst games out of the way.

Definitely. Hopefully confidence isn't affected too much.

Hey, I'm using Sporting, amazed at your perseverance. Did your club negotiate its own TV deal or are you getting Liga money

It looks as if we are only getting the Liga BBVA money.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - September 2016

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsd6b98592.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsfdc0b292.png

We just can't catch a break in this league.

Away from home we just can't get going and that was definitely the case against Villarreal. We had chances in the game but were never stood a chance against the barrage of attacks from our opponents as we fell to a 2-0 defeat. Against Malaga we managed to grab a very good point in an even game. We conceded in the first half but kept plucking away at our opponents and finally found a way through with a little over fifteen minutes remaining to grab a big point. The next two games just passed us by was we were battered by both sides as we fell to two defeats.

It's very tough going so. Still early days though, so chin up. :)
Oh dear, still plenty of time to get some wins together.

There is plenty of time left, but we really couldn't have had a much tougher start really. Our away games especially have just been ridiculous.

Thought I was the only one. Going to go complain, could be a bug, other clubs seem to have individual deals.

I'm not sure about that, but feel free to ask the question.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - October 2016

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps59a7620f.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps26b55cf7.png

A fantastic month from our prospective as we finally get under way in La Liga.

Our first derby against the giants Barcelona never brought about any expectancy from me so a big defeat against the giants of this league was hardly a surprise. I was just thrilled we managed to get on the score sheet. It was what followed that game, and a bad run of form what really mattered though. We played out a every even game with Almeria, and when we fell behind a few minutes into the second half it was a bit gutting for the players. They didn't allow that to effect them though as we soon found ourselves level, and that goal turned out to give us a solid point. Our first ever win at this level finally came at the tenth attempt. A goal inside the first fifteen minutes, the first time we had taken the lead in a game this season was a huge sigh of relief and we went in at the break level. It didn't take us long into the second half to double our lead thanks to a thumping far post header by Leoncio Diaz. Although Levante pulled a goal back, we kept pushing and with six minutes left on the clock we restored our two goal margin to give us a brilliant win. That was followed up with a solid draw on the road, made even better by us hanging on with twenty minutes remaining after falling down to ten men. The month rounded off with a very smash and grab result, as we held firm for much of the game, with Kike scoring his first goals of the club on the counter to seal a solid month.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - November 2016

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpse88dc8f4.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps86f8b265.png

A pretty difficult month to take really because things were ever so close to being so much better.

We put in a brilliant shift against Osasuna and took the lead thanks to a fortuitous own-goal just before the half hour mark. That same player levelled things for our opponents, but another sloppy defensive error before the break allowed us to score our second. We managed to see out practically the whole second half without much incident, but very late on in the game they scored from a set-piece which denied us all three points. It was a very similar story against a brilliant Granada side where we managed to match our vastly superior opponents and took the lead with a little over twenty minutes left on the clock. The turning point came ten minutes later when we had a man sent off and that shifted the game completely and allowed Granada to score with six minutes left on the clock to once again deny us another victory. An early goal against Tenerife gave us the lead, but by half-time we were behind due to some sloppy defending. We kept plucking away in the second half though and a penalty got us back into the game and earned us a point.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - December 2016

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps51125e44.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpscfa30ebf.png

Nothing spectacular, but we continue to remain unbeaten with that run now stretching to nine games.

After falling behind against Sevilla we kept our nerve and battled on, finding an equaliser not long after falling behind. The game could have gone either way, but after making all three changes we ended the game with nine-men due to injuries and that affected our performance in the final ten minutes as we were left hanging on, but managed to do so for a solid point. We were definitely second best against Elche as they battered us in terms of shots on goal, but they never actually threatened us and our goalkeeper only had to make two saves from their twenty efforts at goal. A goal in the first half was enough to ensure that we ended the year out of the relegation zone.

That's 7 games unbeaten now. Turn those draws into wins and you'll start climbing. Not far off safety, it' so tight down there.

9 by the time you posted :D.

You're doing outstanding well to recover so well from your tough start. Keep it up and you may well stay up.

Cheers fella. I am very pleased with how we are doing as of now.

Out of the drop zone now :D

Looking all a bit congested down there, though.

Reminds me of the Premier League :D.

Seems you are finding your feet a bit now, if you can change some of those draws in to wins you'll be fine :thup:

I would obviously like to pick up some more wins, and hopefully that will happen over time, but I am just pleased we aren't losing as many games.

Great seeing you out of the bottom 3.

Definitely :).

Good to see you finding your feet

Cheers dude.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - January 2017

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps1bcee84e.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps16648341.png

Given that we had four very difficult fixtures I am bloody thrilled with our return from January.

We put in a very good performance against Espanyol where we managed to match our opponents throughout the game. We went in at the break behind, but a spirited display after the break allowed us to find the equaliser just before the hour mark to draw us level. We were in for a difficult five minutes when we suffered two injuries late on to leave us with nine men, but we hung on for a solid point. Despite being dominated throughout against Valencia, we managed to makes things tough for them and it took until the hour for them to break us down. We pushed after that, but failed to find an equaliser. Real Madrid controlled things against us, as expected really, but our defence did well to keep the scoreline down to two. An absolutely amazing result rounded off the month however, as we shocked Atletico Madrid with a 3-0 scoreline. They dominated us in terms of efforts at goal, but only hit the target three times and our of our five efforts at goal, we managed to score three times. A well worked goal gave us the lead, but a brilliant counter attacking display allowed us to further add to our lead in the second half with two goals.

Transfers - In

Stefan Peters - Loan - We have been suffering in the defensive midfield positions so I felt the need to bring someone in to help out there. Pleased to have pulled this deal off till the end of the season.

Daniel Schwaab - Loan - A cracking player to bring to the club. Really pleased to have a player of his calibre in our battle against relegation.

Osnar Noronha - £450k - A bargain deal really. He should be very effective cutting in from the left hand side. Has pace to burn.

Transfers - Out

A bit of a surprising deal considering we only signed him in the summer, but his performances weren't up to scratch and he wasn't in the side which led him to want out of the club.

Great contest near the bottom, even if it must be rather tense being a part of it.

There will definitely be a few squeaky bum moments from now till the end of the season, for a few teams.

Archived