FM14: The Sky Bet Football League Thread - Sponsored by William Hill

Hoarau

The Sky Bet Leagues Thread - Sponsered By William Hill

95q3.jpg

"Where real Football is played"

No ice baths, plasma's or heated seats here...

y51v.jpg

After the fantastic success of FM13's football league thread thanks to the marvellous postings of Plainlayzee, Jogo Bonito, Gunner101 and the rest of the battlers down in the trenches of English Football I have taken it upon myself to have a crack at 2014's version. The joy of this thread is that it's open to anyone playing as any team within the SkyBet leagues, unlike the specific team threads the freedom of having such varied management gives us the opportunity to broaden our viewing of the game world we spend so much time within. So feel free to pick a side, strap yourself in and prepare for a real journay.

Could this be your new home...?

2o1j.jpg

Feel free to share everything your experiencing form tactics, to transfers to story's.. All updates are welcomed be they short, long or epic!

Finally don't feel once you've taken your team of choice to the promised land that you cant continue to be a part of the thread, at heart your still one of us so take us with you as you show those silver spoon "clubs" in the Premier League what real football is all about

43vu.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAMPIONSHIP

coaw.png

Often referred to as the "mini Premier League" due to the size of many of the clubs within it and the general play and excitement being at a very high level. It's also regarded as a good place to blood youngsters with a multitude of young Premier League players currently learning the ropes of first team football on loan in the Championship. If you have ever asked what has happened to all that wonderful exciting, domestic talent the Premier League's academies were supposed to churn out, it is OK, it is on display most Saturdays at a Football League ground.

There are 41 Premier League players on loan at Championship clubs at the moment, and 35 of those are British.

This makes the league a great place to mould players hoping to make the big step into the top tier. Now all this talk of the quality of players being from the league above the Championship produces many exciting talents on its own.

*TOP PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE*

At Derby you a future England international in Will Hughes, an absolute gem of a player, it's great he's still playing in the league and hasn't been snapped up and sitting warming some Premier League clubs bench. The mission with him is trying to hang on to him and build your side around him.

k31v.jpg

It's good to see a player going to a league to prove himself and none more so thanJames McLean of Wigan, a player that really blossomed for a spell at Sunderland he sort of fell away a bit, could you be the one to relaunch his career.

47d2.jpg

Most likely to end up top goalscorer regardless if you manage him or not it's Charlie Austin of QPR. A natural goalscorer who should help push QPR right in with any promotion hopefuls.

9j2m.jpg

This lad has masses of potential and really could be something special, he'll really benefit from a full season in the Championship and no doubt his club will hope he can make the step up should you achieve promotion, Callum McManaman of Wigan is he I speak of, a possible star in the making.

9lwm.jpg

After having a decent start with Brighton last season scoring 9 goals in 17 games I definetly feel a dark horse to take the league by storm is Leonardo Ulloa. A hard working, decent finisher who's only real weakness is perhaps his technical attributes.

n3hq.jpg

*TITLE CHALLENGERS AND PLAYOFF HOPEFULLS*

h543.jpg

1st - Wigan Athletic

2nd - Queens Park Rangers

3rd - Reading

4th - Watford

5th - Brighton Hove & Albion

6th - Bolton Wanderers

Wigan, Reading have to be some of the favorites sides to win promotion just due to the quality in thier respective squads but there is also plenty of backing for Bolton, Watford, QPR and Brighton in the battle to reach the Premier League. Of course as with any league, none more so than this, there is always room for someone to upset the apple cart.. Which leads us on to our next crop of teams to choose from :

*MIDTABLE BATTLERS*

The sides that make up the rest of the league could easily find themselves on either end of this league depending on the circumstances that befall you. There are still a lot of decent sides to choose from all with there own challenges..

You have a wealth of selection ranging from :

Middlesborough

Burnley

Blackpool

&

Leeds United

To name but a few.

*THE FIGHT FOR RELEGATION*

Yeovil are likely to be one of the tough asks to keep from dropping back into League 1. There could also trouble ahead for Barnsley, Doncaster, Huddersfield and Millwall. Surviving with some of these sides will be a great achievement as its a tough ask, financial restraints and poorer players make surviving a true quest.

*MEDIA PREDICTIONS*

22nd - Barnsley

23rd - Doncaster Rovers

24th - Yeovil

u0ty.png

** Apologies for the, how can i say it politley, but poorness of the thread, not on the same level as some of the great work around here. Just hope it serves its purpose. **

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*SKY BET LEAGUE 1*

zms8.jpg

League 1 offers a selection of really varied clubs to take over, it's ranges from team on free fall to former non league sides climbing with some promise. It's these different challenges that really make League one of the more interesting league selections. From the continued rise of former non league Stevenage and Crawley who have enough stability to maintain there status in the league and try and carve a decent push for promotion eventually. To flip the coin though sees several big clubs, all of whom have been in the Premier League in the not to distant past. The obvious two are Sheffield United and if course Wolves who still posses a squad food enough for the Championship.

But the stand out venture for those that just love to make it difficult for themselves has to be Coventry City. It's not just financial constraints, you also have a transfer embargo, a squad ravaged and filled with inexperienced youngsters but you also get the joy of starting out the campaign with a 10 point deduction.. I did say it was one of the more taxing roles this season.

A player who was thought to be too good for the Championship has to be considered absoultly one of the better players in League 1,Bakary Sako of Wolves, much kudos must be given to him for sticking around for the fight.. Should be a massive assets for anyone managing Wolves.

fz0x.jpg

While a lot has been made of his physical condition not such questions can be made of his talent. If you can keep him fit and use his wisely he can surely provide your frontman/men with enough high standard chances they would be wasteful to miss. Lee Tomlin

yfb8.jpg

A quality finisher who looks like he could grab a hatful of goals given the right supply. Sam Baldock could be the key to any promotion hopes you may have.

3pc9.jpg

Harry Mcguire is a fine centre back who while he lacks some attributes to succeed at a higher level down here in League 1 he'll dominate most of the average burly front men. It'll be against the pacey frontman & inside forwards that may cause him issues but that aside he's a solid player.

492k.jpg

Leigh Griffiths is another Wolves player yes but I had to mention him as this lad has unbelievable attributes for this level, his finishing alone should make him lethal against the modest defenses awaiting any prospective Wolves managers. His temprament and commitment could perhaps be an issue but if you can control him off the field then he'll reward you on the field.

6h6t.jpg

*TITLE CHALLENGERS & PLAYOFF HOPEFULS*

*Predicted Standings*

h543.jpg

1st - Wolves

2nd - Bristol City

3rd - Brentford

4th - Peterborough United

5th - Sheffield United

6th - Preston North End

For many the challenge in taking Wolves back to the summit of domestic football will be high up the list but there are a lot of "sleeping giants" if you will. Both Sheffield United and Bristol City offer decent stadiums and squads that posses enough quality to steer them into a position to fight for promotion.

*MIDTABLE BATTLERS*

Bradford City

MK Dons

Stevenage

&

Tranmere

After Bradford's heroic run in the cup last year it could be a fun choice to try and replicate that success or even push on and take the back up leagues to try and recreate "that" David Wetherall goal. Stevenage are a team on the rise, the last few wars has seen them make steady progress and the are now a pretty solid establish football league club, another good challenge to try and push on.

*Predicted Standings*

22nd - Gillinghan

23rd - Shrewsbury Town

24th - Coventry

As I said above, down here in the trenches the task at hands gets no tougher than that of Coventry City. If your looking for something to really test yourself then they will provide a challenge like no other. They aren't the only side who will find it tough, there are a handful of sides who if you choose to manage them would require major work to stabilise and secure your league status before dreaming of the hefty heights of promotion.

**Reserved For League 1 & 2 Post**

*SKY BET LEAGUE 2

7q4f.jpg

Well, if you find yourself here then you are looking at the bottom of the barrel in terms of the Football League sides. In all honesty no matter which side you choose to manage its going to present a massive task, very much a long haul save as you attempt to leap the hurdles of poor players, poor facilities, poor pitches and the all new looming shadow of the FFP rules..

That's a new challenge for anyone venturing down to the trenches of English football. No longer can you just go out and pad out your squad with bodies from the free transfer world as you have to stay within the guidelines of the FFP. So a lot more attention may be paid to loans & parent clubs who have quality youth sides.

No matter where you go, buy some hair dye as the stress could turn you into as silver haired track suit wearing nervous wreck come seasons end.

Adam McGurk is the stad out in this league for me, a top atriker for this level and maybe even a league or so above. His usefulness at ML, AML & AMC make him very valuable for Burton as he can cover a handful of positions, perhaps saying brining in someone that the funds could used elsewhere.

ppx1.jpg

Simon Ferry is Portsmouth work horse, he'll be asked to do a lot of the hard work and make it difficult for the midfielders in the league perhaps not used to coming up against someone of Ferry's talents.

eshk.jpg

If Fleetwood want to achieve anything then it all starts back in defence for them with Mark Roberts a solid CB for League 2 & perhaps League 1 aswell. Has some immense attributes that should see him comfortably handle most of the leagues frontmen.

arm0.jpg

Jeff Hughes is another talented winger who could be a real terror for opposing defenses. Another example of Fleetwood's quality, if he's at the top of his game then I see no reason why they can't challenge for promotion. I actually think he could step up the divisions and play well in them all sans perhaps the Premier League.

7ru4.png

Having played in both the Premier League & Championship Tom Soares brings exceptional experience and perhaps wasted potential. No matter his past in this league he is a stand out central midfielder who should help Bury push on.

ub2s.png

*TITLE CHALLENGERS AND PLAYOFF HOPEFULLS*

Much like League 1 & Wolves, League 2 also has in it's midst a recently former Premier League side, a shadow of there former self they still have the fans and the stadium to offer a real sleeping giant story should you go that route. Another attractive option is someone I fancy a bash with myself, Fleetwod Town, a former non-league side who look to have enough about them to mount a serious promotion bid

h543.jpg

1st - Portsmouth

2nd - Fleetwood Town

3rd - Chesterfield

4th - Scunthorpe

5th - Burton Albion

6th - Hartlepool

*MIDTABLE BATTLERS*

You have a wealth of selection ranging from :

AFC Wimbledon

Northampton

Oxford

&

Plymouth

To name but a few.

Of course a tough battle awaits you no matter who you choose to manage but it's in this decision you'll give yourself a mission like no other. These teams aren't meant to achieve anything so if you can do the unimaginable then your on your road to legendary status..

*MEDIA PREDICTIONS*

22nd - Mansfield

23rd - Morecambe

24th - Newport County

*Can You Make It Here...?*

xuzw.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Football League Team Threads :

Rotherham United(Credit - Craig_RUFC - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364062-FM14-Rotherham-United-F.C-Thread

Reading FC(Credit - Abaddon879) - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/365298-FM14-Reading-FC-BuildEvolveSucceed

Reccommended Players :

I love threads like this that can get all involved.

I would strongly recommend linking the available team threads next to the specific league you have wrote about. There is a Rotherham thread already.

:thup:

Very good thread, can't wait for a few bugs to be fixed so I can start a long term Football League save.

Eyeing up attempting to restore either Wolves or Birmingham to their respective glory days, or taking Doncaster into the Premiership and beyond.

Well done in getting this one up and running Hoarau and thanks for the very kind mention in the opening post! :D

As mentioned in the FM13 thread I am away on holiday from tomorrow night and so will purchase the game when back a week later! Good luck to all who participate in this topic this year, especially those who I played alongside last season.

E I E I E I O Up the Football League we go! :)

Im a Birmingham fan, and, being ill this weekend, am now sitting down to start a season with us.

Expect an incredibly tough one with our dodgy owners, no money, and Nikola Zigic injury prone and on £60k a week!

Looking to stabilise ourselves (hopefully under a new owner) before trying to kick on back to the Prem.

Should be fun/frustrating.

Decided to start what will hopefully be a long term save now rather than waiting. Have also gone with Birmingham.

Looking to develop young players as much as I can, and with Reilly, Hancox, Packwood and Arthur all having Premiership potential this should be fun.

Only frustration is having no budget and all of the loan spots filled, so there won't be any incomings in the first season unless I can sort some short term loans out, something I'm not a massive fan of.

Decided to start what will hopefully be a long term save now rather than waiting. Have also gone with Birmingham.

Looking to develop young players as much as I can, and with Reilly, Hancox, Packwood and Arthur all having Premiership potential this should be fun.

Only frustration is having no budget and all of the loan spots filled, so there won't be any incomings in the first season unless I can sort some short term loans out, something I'm not a massive fan of.

Know the feeling, im constantly bringing in dozens of trialists to try and find a gem or two in there for little wage... preparing for a hopeful takeover so I can sign them then.

Have asked for a parent club as could do with a bit of help with loanees with no wage, but there seems to be no club who will allow me to loan players short term with no wage coverage sadly

I should also point out I have a rather strange and irrational dislike for 'only' footed players that I just can't seem to get over, to the extent that for the long term, I just can't have them. It's something that has even stopped me starting a save with Ipswich, as Aaron Cresswell is 'Left Only', and Derby, as Mason Bennett is 'Right Only'.

Unfortunately, looking at the squad, Mitch Hancox has preferred foot of 'Left Only', so I can't see myself having him beyond a season or two.

As I said, very strange and somewhat frustrating :D

Really looking forward to shaping the squad though, the challenge of having to replace both centre halves at the end of the season is something I'm excited about, and I'm also looking forward to having Zigic, Lovenkrands and Ambrose off the wage bill.

I haven't been around but have just seen (and read) the thread now. Firstly, I'd say that's an excellent effort Hoarau, and thanks for the time spent creating it. I think you can be proud of your work - a great mix of informative, enthusiastic text - and great visuals as always.

A warm welcome is extended to all those that joined in the FM13 thread, all those that managed in the FL during FM13 before that thread was created in August, and all those ready to dip in to FL72 territory for FM14. Credit to Mr. Layzee for his initial idea, and I'm sure it won't be long before he is back himself.

From what I hear, I think FFP is going to really make this harder, and with transfer budgets now having to include any agent fees or loyalty bonus, many clubs may not be able to bring free transfers and/or Bosmans (particularly useful after season 1 has been completed) like they could before. I haven't started up yet as I will probably wait until the full release so it's a smooth(er) transition in to the new version. Without having seen inside the game, the new way of setting/adapting tactics and the numerous new player roles sound as though they will require much attention in the initial 'discovery period'.

It's great to see that a couple of you guys have got started already, and best of luck with your challenges. I look forward to reading about it (success or failure, triumph or struggle) and having some early feedback on how the FL works in FM14. For my part, I already have at least five clubs in mind from L1/L2 alone, so I know it won't be long before I am a participating resident here again, rather than just an interested observer and contributor!

Managed to get Lovenkrands off it (have to pay him £4k a week for a season though.. saved myself £11k so worth it), Hayden Mullins and Paul Robinson have also been moved on.

Lovenkrands - £0

Mullins - £150k

Robinson - £100k

Put all that into wages as, Ambrose and Zigic are injured and look like will be stuck here (cant see anyone coming in and taking Zigic's £60k contract off us, so be lumbered with him a year)

Signed a couple thankfully...

Roland Linz - £100 (lol!)

Curtis Good - 3 month loan

Stathis Aloneftis - Season loan

As for good performers for me currently, massive praise for Randolph in goal, Neal Eardley (who ive been forced to play centre back due to fitness/injuries and he's been great), Hancox who is getting 8+'s every game and Shane Ferguson my top scorer from left wing.

I'm looking forward to starting my Pompey save tomorrow should be a very interesting game this year now we have some stability and increased expectations from the start.

Hoping to develop some of the youngsters like Jed Wallace, Dan Butler and Ashley Harris as we will no doubt be skint.

Very nice guide should invite more people down to the lower reaches of English football with some good info for people less familiar with the leagues. Hate to be the annoying one but the picture that goes with the info of Simon Ferry is of our centre back Sonny Bradley just thought I'd point that out!

Cheers SRL88, got there eventually eh ;). Ill ask the creator of the Rotherham thread if i can link it.

Hows that changed how your approching it then Trevormac?

Changed things massively, was given £5M to start with but just made 2 cheap signings and brought in 2 squad players on free's as the squad seemed good enough for promotion.

During the takeover saga, formed dipped dramatically so as soon as I seen the warchest I invested in Sam Byram, Will Hughes, Saido Berahino and Mulumbo. Was surprised with a couple of other players who were interested because I had money

DanMourinho - Ha! Im sure its not the only mistake, thanks for pointing it out bud, ill get it sorted asap.

darren1983 - I knew id **** someone off, there's just too many clubs to list, espically when i only started knocking this togethor within the last day or so.. Good luck in you save and be good to have more people involved.

Trevormac - Wow... thats some difference, Great business after the takeover, i had Byram on '13 he's a great player. If your sticking British i'd look at Danny Batth, Thomas Carroll & John Stones.. not the easiest to get but with your new riches you may turn a few heads. Good luck man and keep us updated.

Thanks for the kind words gents, this is a thread for everyone, i only knocked this togethor quickly for all the guys who posted in last years so excuse the lack of content and sloppiness. Hopefully we get a few pages in quick enough that the opening posts wont get that much attention... ;)

Birmingham Board have given me an extra £30k p/w for wages, gives me some breathing space and can bring in a couple of players. Still pressing on with the attempts to bring the wage bill down though, Lovenkrands' move to Yeovil has just fallen through as they didn't have the funds for it :mad:

Mullins should be on his way too hopefully, leaves me with no centre midfielders who are decent defensively but I'll have to get by for the season if I can

Hoarau - great thread btw. Only had a chance to read the opening posts now:applause:

I missed out on Batth and Carroll is currently on loan but was thinking of having a look at him. Will check out Stones, he was pretty handy on 13. Just signed Tom Lees there so hopefully I can push on for automatic promotion.

darren1983 - I knew id **** someone off, there's just too many clubs to list, espically when i only started knocking this togethor within the last day or so.. Good luck in you save and be good to have more people involved.

Nah I was only messing mate, too many clubs in our league for most to even notice us ( we are West London's 4th club after all) :D

Cracking job with the OP though.

Just loaded up my laptop and saw this thread, great effort mate and thank you for the mention in the opening post, I hope this thread is as successful as mine was on FM13. Good luck one and all and welcome to the world of long long LONG updates (if me and Jogo get Into it again!!)

I suppose with pre-season and the first month of the season out of the way. I may as well give a little update.

Pre-Season

Torquay: 3-0 win

Sherborne: 6-1 win

Poole Town: 3-1 win

Dorchester: 1-0 loss

Transfers

I had trouble attracting players to the club who would actually improve the squad or who were interested. The senior players incoming are players who have suited the formation I have adopted.

Thomas Lebon - GK

Salif Diao - DM

Papa Bouba Diop - CM

Julian Kelly - RB

Juvenal - CM

Lescinel-Jean Francois - LB

Prince Buaben - CM

I have also signed, upon recommendation from my scouts a number of youngsters from France and England. These players are either providing back up to the first team or out on loan with recalls. I have also managed to extend the contracts of Luke Ayling, Kevin Dawson and Ed Upson. Upson has become our highest paid player at the club that isn't on loan. Talks broke down with Byron Webster whilst Marek Stech won't entertain talking to me about a new contract.

Outgoings we have seen a number of youngsters leave the club on loan. The most notable are;

Joel Grant - Hamilton

Chris Dunn - Wycombe

My backroom staff has seen somewhat of a little overhaul. I released one of my coaches and replaced him Brian McGorry. Although he was my second choice behind Chris Sulley. Steve Black has joined the club as a fitness coach whilst we have five scouts join the club. Those five are Glyn Chamberlain, Andy Hughes, Ades Oubella, Gavin Tait and Salid Diao as per the terms of his playing conditions with us.

August 2013

We have a cracking start to the month as we've progressed to the third round of the Capital One Cup and we currently sit third in the league. Here are our results so far.

Millwall(A): 0-0

Cheltenham(A): 1-0 win(COC)

Birmingham(H): 3-0 win

Burnley(A): 2-1 win

Derby(H): 1-0 loss - I am annoyed at this result as it was a mistake by us which allowed them to score.

Burnley(A): 3-1 win(COC)

Reading(H): 1-0

We've been drawn to face Blackburn at Ewood Park in the third round of the Capital One Cup. I have to say, the tactic, roles and mentality that I am employing at the moment seems to be working a treat.

I forgot to add that three of my summer signings are out long term. Prince Buaben was injured in the first league game of the season against Millwall and is out for 2 months. I was then asked in my press conference about Millwall being too aggressive. Lebon got injured, then came back. However, he is now out for 2 months. Juvenal is out for 5 months. One of my young keepers at Blackpool is out for 2 months as well.

September 2014

The international break meant September didn't really start until the middle. Our results have been good but we're drawing a few games.

Sheffield Wednesday(A): 1-1

Ipswich(A): 2-1 win

QPR(H): 0-0

Blackburn(A): 2-1 win(COC)

Bolton(A): 1-0 loss - I am a little disappointed in this result. It was an even game and they only won after scoring from a corner in 93rd minute when there should have only been 2 minutes added time.

We finish the month in 9th. Considering the size of the club and where we should be I am pleased. We will also be travelling to St Andrews in the next round of the Capital One Cup.

Cheers Hoarau for creating this thread. I too owe my addiction to this thread to Plainlayzee, Jogo and Gunner and i said i would definitely be taking part of the thread this season. Cheers guys!

Going to have a good look around and see who to go! Good luck guys!

To be fair though, even if you ended up finishing lower mid-table, it'd still be a good season as a club like Yeovil. Got to find your feet and consolidate, before moving on to bigger and better things!

I'm tempted to start a Leicester game, may do so after the full game comes out. Went to Leicester 2-1 Huddersfield yesterday, and it got me back in a Championship sort of mood.

Started my Brentford save today. End of August now so thought I would update.

Transfers In:

None, did try and bring some players in (mainly Conor McAleny and Callum Wilson) but couldn't agree deals with either club (McAleny) or player (Wilson)

Transfers out:

Again none, mainly as I am happy with the squad and didn't want to lose players.

Have gone with a 3-1-2-2-1 with wingers.

My strongest XI is

Button

Logan-Dean-Craig-Bidwell,

McCormack

Forshaw-Saville

Donaldson-Grigg-Filo

Have won 5 out of 5 in league one

Port Vale (A) 4-1 (Donaldson x2, Trotta and Saville)

Sheff Utd (H) 2-1 (Filo, Logan)

Gillingham (A) 2-0 (OG, Filo)

Walsall (H) 4-0 (Grigg x2, Donaldson x2)

Carlisle (H) 3-2 (Grigg x2, El Alagui)

In the league cup it went:

Gillingham (A) 3-1 (El Alagui, Donaldson x2)

Southampton (A) 3-4 (Logan x2, OG)

Been a solid start, hoping for a top 2 place by the end of the season.

Ive had two collapsed takeovers at Birmingham (least thats realistic as Carson Yeung's an absolute joke to work with IRL).

Did manage to request more wage budget which let me bring back Keith Fahey and Morgaro Gomis to the club after being released by us in the summer.

Just getting into December now, sitting in 6th which isn't bad and totally unexpected for me as I thought id struggle.

Dan Burn is a colossus at the back for me, and starts for England U21s... gonna be a shame to lose him at the end of the season.

Wanted to be taken over by January ready to spend some cash but nothing :(

August:

Watford (H) 1-1 (Novak)

Yeovil (A) 2-0 (Ferguson x2)

Brighton (H) 0-1

Leicester (A) 3-0 (Burn x2, Shinnie)

Ipswich (H) 2-2 (Arthur x2)

September

QPR (A) 1-1 (Shinnie)

Burnley (A) 2-1 (Burke, Ferguson)

Sheff Weds (H) 0-1

Reading (A) 1-4 (Adeyemi)

October:

Millwall (H) 4-1 (Zigic x2, Burke, Aloneftis)

Bolton (H) 2-1 (Arthur x2)

Leeds (A) 3-0 (Burke, Ferguson, Arthur)

Derby (A) 0-2

November:

Charlton (H) 1-2 (Ferguson)

Huddersfield (A) 2-1 (Burn, Zigic)

Blackpool (H) 3-2 (Burke x2, Noone o.g)

Barnsley (A) 2-2 (Burn, Zigic)

League Cup:

Plymouth (H) 2-2 (Ferguson x2) *won on pens

MK Dons (H) 4-1 (Hancox x2, Lee, Arthur)

Man City (H) 0-3

quick update got rid of lovenkrands ansd ambrose on frees and signed papa diop and glen loovens to shore up the midfield and defence first 5 games won 4 drew 1 and in the league cup third round

squad

gk randolph,doyle

fb caddis,eardley,murphy,hancox

cb bartley,burn,loovens

dm vass,diop

cm reilly,adeyemi,allan,shinnie

wng burke,ferguson,skacel

st klasnic,zigic,asante,arthur,green

I've decided to start on a new save after becoming very, very frustrated with everything about Birmingham.

Team I've chosen is Burton Albion, the team most local to where I live. Some absolutely fantastic players in their squad and having St. George's Park as their training facilities are two other factors that enticed me.

Will do an update on pre-season and signings in due course

Good to see so many players in here, and such a diverse choice of clubs picked!

How are you guys finding it? I know it's a BETA and I'm not one to moan (I loved FM13 and thought that was excellent), but I set up a trial save and played a pre-season friendly just to check out the ME and features. I was a little bit surprised (disappointed) by the ME, which I felt wasn't as good as in FM13. The players actions, reactions, bodyshape etc didn't look right to me - sadly. How are you other guys finding it when managing FL clubs?

Two other things I noticed, which I'm trying to understand better. In transfer negotiations, when I suggested terms, the relevant club agreed that my proposal would be acceptable, I made my offers, and their reply came back saying the deal was rejected (by the clubs, not the player). Has anybody had that and/or know what I am missing there? The other thing I found hard was staff recruitment. I mutually terminated most of the existing batch, then identified, offered and agreed terms on a handful of replacements, but depending on which order I offered and which order they accepted, I wasn't able to get in enough to fill the gaps I wanted (this was at a top end L1 club). It seems like I need to forego having more than two coaches, just to be able to fill all the other roles at the club - much worse rations than in FM13, in my opinion.

Great opening thread OP , nice to see quite a few are trying a save with Brum (as a Birmingham fan haha)

To say this will be a challenge is an under-statement (and I thought it was tough un FM13)

Currently 5 games played 5 won (dunno how lol) but I've played fairly low to mid opposition, next game is away to QPR so my first real test!

Managed to sell 375K worth of players and just one loan in , so not much to shout about there, also had one collapsed take-over bid

Burn,Green and Koby are my stand out performers so far hoping to build a team round them, think Green will be the dark horse of the league already hit 6 goals in 7 games playing him as a poacher

Hopefully with the 200K I got for transfers, will be looking for some bargain basements with a DMC being the priority

Should be an interesting one, will update as soon as :thup:

see if adam vass is still on a free he is top quality.btw where do you play koby.KRO

Will do , when I load it up tonight for a looong sesh haha.

I usually play him as a AMR back up to Burke but ATM...Koby in the AMR slot and Burke playing AML, Ferguson is out for 2 months! , think Koby's got the potential to be better than Redmond, I watch the 3D and he's quite skilfull on the ball

KRO!!

Archived