FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I am a bit of a wally - I changed it in the editor so that The Emirates capacity can be expanded (up to a max of 76,338) so at the end of my first season I requested an expansion which the board granted but now for the second season I have been relocated to Wembley for the whole season!

Not sure how I feel about that..

End of first season report - finished 2nd in the league, 4 points off Chelsea, semi final of the Champions League (lost to Real the eventual winners) and won The FA Cup. If that happened in real life I'd be pretty chuffed.

playing a network game and i think my players are refusing to cross because i have the passing set to short, so everytime there is a crossing opportunity they turn back and pass it to another player, is this a bug or **** management on my part?

I got told I wasn't allowed a new feeder club!

hate when they do that, haven't had that so far, so ive had a few new feeder clubs, club brugges, dynamo who I asked for, enyimba from Nigeria, America mg from brazil, fc kobenhaven and shinnik from Russia, I ditched boreham wood though.

56084148-e7fc-4da7-894a-cfd30cd71d4c_zps1ad0d2e6.jpg

SEPTEMBER UPDATE

14/09/13 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 0

Man City 0

17/09/13 | UEFA Champions League (Grp D) | Celtic Park

Arsenal 0

Celtic 0

24/09/13 | Capital One Cup (Rd 3) | Emirates

Arsenal 2 ( Koscielny 5 & 49)

Southampton 1 ( Ward-Prowse 78)

28/09/13 | Barclays Premier League | Craven Cottage

Arsenal 1 ( Giroud 14)

Fulham 0

I currently sit third in the league a point behind United & two behind Chelsea but with a game in hand on both I've played 5 league games scoring eight and conceding one. defence is good just need to try and get more in attack

MARCH 2013

PL - Arsenal 3-0 Norwich - Ozil, Giroud, Koscielny

FA 6R - Cardiff 1-2 Arsenal - Drogba (2x)

CL 1st KO - Arsenal 2-2 CSKA Moscow - Vermaelen, Ramsey

PL - Tottenham 1-4 Arsenal - Giroud (4x)

PL - Arsenal 3-1 Everton - Walcott, Cazorla, Drogba

PL - Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

PL - Newcastle Utd 0-0 Arsenal

APRIL 2013

CL Qtr - Dortmund 1-3 Arsenal - Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski

PL - Arsenal 1-0 Man City - Walcott

CL Qtr - Arsenal 3-3 Dortmund - Mertesacker, Podolski (2x)

FA SF - Derby 0-3 Arsenal - Drogba (2x), Vela

PL - Arsenal 2-1 WBA - Walcott, Ox

PL - Crystal Palace 1-4 Arsenal - Ox, Cazorla, Drogba, Arteta

CL sf - Arsenal 2-1 Celtic - Walcott (2x)

PL - Arsenal 4-0 Hull - Vela, Droga (3x)

CL sf - Celtic 0-1 Arsenal - Giroud

MAY 2013

PL - Stoke City 2-1 Arsenal - Vela

PL - Arsenal 2-1 West Ham - Podolski (3x), Vela

FA final - Newcastle Utd - Arsenal

CL final - Bayern Munich - Arsenal

Won the PL!! +6 on ManUtd and about +14 on Chelsea. Lost 5 matches and drawn 5.

FA Cup final and CL final upcoming :)

Drogba is performing well, 10(4) matches and 14 goals. Giroud scored 20 goals in the PL in 28 matches. RvP topscorer with 21, Van Wolfswinkel 20.

playing a network game and i think my players are refusing to cross because i have the passing set to short, so everytime there is a crossing opportunity they turn back and pass it to another player, is this a bug or **** management on my part?

i have had the same problem with my wingers on a network game, they get into great positions to turn and pass it backwards, but i have found a work around, go to player instructions and set the player to have more direct passing & tell them where to aim crosses. Seems to have worked for me anyway.

love that guy too.constantly winning his tackles. unfortunately,he's not my first choice anymore,but he's gonna be good enough for first team in the first and second season.

Beat Spurs with Flamini winning 21 out of 24 tackles in the game! Phenomenol!

Why peeps don't like Flamini I don't know. When he left Arsenal is was a bit peed off, but was very happy that he signed for the Rossoneri.

Forza Arsenal & AC Milan.

I love him irl, but in my game he was out for 6 months. Never recovered....will sell him after season 1 I think.

anyone could suggest me some good DR and DL?

For the RB - Gino Peruzzi, Christian Trasch, Sime Vrsaljko or Pavel Kaderabek look good in my save. Though mine fullbacks are a wingback/winger hybrid so I need mine to be better offensively

Agreed to sign Isco at the end of the season, and Dortmund have pinched Zelalam off me after having a bid for Bender turned down, then having Praet reject their contract offer.

Currently 6 points behind Man Utd and they have 2 games in hand :|

cheers UTT, in my network game a mate is Liverpool so i assumed he had got him for loan xD

what season are you in now?how much did you get Isco for?

Agreed to sign Isco at the end of the season, and Dortmund have pinched Zelalam off me after having a bid for Bender turned down, then having Praet reject their contract offer.

Currently 6 points behind Man Utd and they have 2 games in hand :|

cheers UTT, in my network game a mate is Liverpool so i assumed he had got him for loan xD

I was thinking to play the hard game too, but having had my bid for Doria from FCP accepted for 5mill (he's out of contract at the end of the season, but I couldn't wait until January since Real Madrid are offering to buy him too), I had to take him off the transfer list straight away and cancel my bid for Doria. Balanta's decision came at the right time for me. i waited for few more days and now trying to sign Doria on free. save my 5million there. now waiting for contract offer to be accepted. :)

Probably yeah, but you don't have to keep him on it, just take him off after a month or so

gino peruzzi looks good on my save too.Man Utd bought him for 16mill in second season.

For the RB - Gino Peruzzi, Christian Trasch, Sime Vrsaljko or Pavel Kaderabek look good in my save. Though mine fullbacks are a wingback/winger hybrid so I need mine to be better offensively

56084148-e7fc-4da7-894a-cfd30cd71d4c_zps1ad0d2e6.jpg

OCTOBER UPDATE

02/10/13 | UEFA Champions League (Grp D) | Emirates

Arsenal 6 ( Wilshere Miss PEN 5 , Podolski 8 & 18 , Wilshere 25 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 36 , Podolski 71 , Giroud 86)

PSG 3 ( Pastore 28 & 37 , Cavani 74 , Ibrahimovic S/O 90)

06/10/13 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 2 ( Schmelzer 80 , Giroud 87)

West Brom 0

19/10/13 | Barclays Premier League | Anfield

Arsenal 2 ( Giroud 26 , Mignolet O/G 67)

Liverpool 0

23/10/13 | UEFA Champions League (Grp D) | Signal Iduna Park

Arsenal 2 ( Podolski 57 & 64 )

Dortmund 3 ( Reus 20 , Lewandowski 38 & 73)

26/10/13 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 4 ( Wilshere 35 , Podolski 40 , Giroud 62 , Cuellar O/G 87)

Sunderland 0

29/10/13 | Capital One Cup(Rd 4) | Emirates

Arsenal 3 ( Akpom 15 , Bennett 32 , Koscielny 67)

QPR 0

Currently sit second in the Prem 2 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand , 16 goals scored 1 conceded , 22/24pts , in the Champions League currently sit second behind Dortmund 8 scored 6 conceded after 3 games

I couldn't even find Pino on my game.lucky you

I have Italian Serie A loaded, maybe that's the reason? But I know I am lucky because otherwise I would have found more info about him. He also still has a lot of potential :).

Snap! Are all his stats random at the start?

I think so?

gino peruzzi looks good on my save too.Man Utd bought him for 16mill in second season.

Peruzzi is a good buy, he was transfer listed (21M euros) at my multiplayer game because Catania got relegated. But them I cam along this Pino guy for free ;).

Nyom is also een option for DR position.

I had Peruzzi on FM13 and he was unreal for my Swansea side. He ended up at Man City like all your good players do, but they had to pay nearly £30 million to get him off me. I spent £8 million getting him back. Looks like he is nearly as good this year, do we reckon he has a high potential?

Archived