I thought this was a thing of the past?

arsenalvtottenhamovervi.png

As you can see I won 3-0, no problems there.

However I actually won 4-0. Game decided to delete a goal. I went 1-0 up on the 53rd minute, Wilshere getting the goal. It stayed like this until Chamberlain scored to make it 2-0. Then my striker stepped up to score the penalty in the 78th minute. Scored remained 2-0. Went to check and it still said that Wilshere scored but this time it said Martinez had scored instead of Chamberlain. My striker Da Silva then scored his second to make it 4-0. Score remained 2-0. Full time whistle followed and it went to the tactics screen as if I was making a sub. I couldn't do anything else but click on leave match, meaning that I couldn't do a team talk. It now says I won 3-0, deleting the Jack Wilshere goal. Match report doesn't say anything out of the ordinary.

So yeah, absolute rubbish.

Erm I have made a post in the bug forum? More chance of people seeing it here though.

And this is a bad bug. Game ruining bug.

A greater chance of the right people seeing it in the bugs section though.

Erm I have made a post in the bug forum? More chance of people seeing it here though.

And this is a bad bug. Game ruining bug.

Agreed. This can be a game-killing bug.

I expect some bugs, and I've seen a few and laughed them off. But a bug that changes match results is serious.

I had this yesterday, I was Spurs playing Arsenal in the League cup.

Won the game 2-1.

At the final whistle I could do a team talk but it then sent me to select my penalty takers.

My second goal was no more.

The game would not let me continue in any way.

Quit, replayed the match subsequently lost 1 nil. Oh well.

I had this yesterday, I was Spurs playing Arsenal in the League cup.

Won the game 2-1.

At the final whistle I could do a team talk but it then sent me to select my penalty takers.

My second goal was no more.

The game would not let me continue in any way.

Quit, replayed the match subsequently lost 1 nil. Oh well.

I imagine Arsene Wenger insisted he didn't see it. :)

They have comented numerous times to say they are aware of it, but have not been able to track down the cause. I would assume the more saves they receive with the issue. the better the chance of tracking down the cause.

I've never had it in thousands of hours of playing.

I've only ever encountered it once, on FM10.

I lost in a League Cup QF game on penatlies, but after I left the match screen, I had somehow won on penalties. (the players who had scored/missed, had all changed/messed up after I left the match screen)

I wasn't complaing at first, but after a while I then felt abit quilty about being in the Semi Finals, when I knew I really should have been knocked out. Put me off that save for a while, and I couldn't reload the game backup to before the game, has I hadn't saved in like 2 months (gametime)

• Administrators

It's called match divergence. It's quite a rare issue generally and it's something we're aware of. With every new incarnation of the match engine it's something we very much test for in order to stop it being in the game. However the issue itself is almost impossible to reproduce which makes it almost impossible to fix. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out exactly what causes it and make sure nobody experiences it within their game.

It's called match divergence. It's quite a rare issue generally and it's something we're aware of. With every new incarnation of the match engine it's something we very much test for in order to stop it being in the game. However the issue itself is almost impossible to reproduce which makes it almost impossible to fix. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out exactly what causes it and make sure nobody experiences it within their game.

I would second that it is rare. 600 hours of FM13, 1000 of FM 12 and 1000 of FM11, don't know before that because I didn't have steam but I guess it is comparable.

I have had it once.

I would second that it is rare. 600 hours of FM13, 1000 of FM 12 and 1000 of FM11, don't know before that because I didn't have steam but I guess it is comparable.

I have had it once.

Third that. I have 512 on FM13, 564 on FM12 and 719 on FM11 and have also experienced it once...

Ha! You've got nothing on me! I was managing Russia, and decided to holiday through to the end of the 2012/2013 season, as the next international fixture I had was Portugal in June 2013. When I returned in May, I found to my dismay (take that bad pun lovers!) that Zenit won one the Russian League. Surprised? You should be, because Zenit actually finished third in the league table, behind Anzhi and CSKA Moscow. CSKA had conquered throne, but Zenit were given the crown, being quite a few points behind.

It's either a bug or the first instance of corruption being simulated in FM.

Archived