FM13 - Radamel Falcao: Goal God?

widowmaker-

Hi there,

Just finished my first season with Manchester United. A month after the transfer window closed FALCAO became available on the transfer market. Well as you can imagine i pressed the 'Make A Offer' button fast enough. After agreeing terms i got my man.

Come January he was in my squad and i was buzzing with anticipation.......only he never got going.

Ok so he did score 12 goals in 21 starts but only 3 goals in 15 prem games. His stats suggested he wold be great at finishing off crosses with his head but tbh he misses EVERY TIME.

He struggled as he couldn't communicate with his team mates and im hoping the second season will be better.

falcaoen.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

falcao2i.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tell me your stories and how your getting on with Falcao

I play a 4-5-1 with2 CMs, 2 wingers with a CAM and Falcao as the lone striker as an attacking advanced Striker, play style is fluid and attacking.

Has finished top scorer of the league every season he has been here, getting on abit now but he is holding of my future star striker as he does not stop scoring :)

He could easily have more goals from the cup competitions, but my other strikers need some playing time :D

He singlehandedly carried my Atletico side to a 2nd place in the 1st season. The save is corrupted now, so i can't show his exact stats but he was top scorer in the league now and we played some horrendous games where he continiously kept us winning or drawing games in which we were clearly second best. Obviously for such a player, the support to him is of utmost importance. There are some good articles out there about how to use poachers. http://footballmanagerfocus.wordpress.com/tag/poacher/, http://footballmanageranalysis.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/mechanising-the-play-the-poacher/

He singlehandedly carried my Atletico side to a 2nd place in the 1st season. The save is corrupted now, so i can't show his exact stats but he was top scorer in the league now and we played some horrendous games where he continiously kept us winning or drawing games in which we were clearly second best. Obviously for such a player, the support to him is of utmost importance. There are some good articles out there about how to use poachers. http://footballmanagerfocus.wordpress.com/tag/poacher/, http://footballmanageranalysis.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/mechanising-the-play-the-poacher/

Thanks these, finding them useful.

Has anybody brought him mid-season like me? just wanted to know if he struggled at the start or if he just started scoring straight away

Can't believe it took this long to get a thread on him, I have yet to use him... normally when I sign big name strikers for £30m+ they are a let down!

overall record for me on a juventus game i had was

played 181

goals 154

assists 38

used as a poacher or dlf either on his own or in a two with one of the already said roles alongside Giovinco.

did struggle first season and this could be down to adaptability to living in a new country, but from second season on he was immense so stick with.

oh and sold to real madrid at 30 yrs for 31 million pounds

• 2 weeks later...

keep an eye on the transfer list as he normally asks to leave. ive seen this as early as first transfer window. will cost a small fortune though, anywhere between 34 to 38 mill. as your spurs you should be able to raise the capital. dont they start off with 30 to spend? I sold fridel and gallas for both 1m each once, big tom h for 8m and ive seen lennon go for 16m.

keep an eye on the transfer list as he normally asks to leave. ive seen this as early as first transfer window. will cost a small fortune though, anywhere between 34 to 38 mill. as your spurs you should be able to raise the capital. dont they start off with 30 to spend? I sold fridel and gallas for both 1m each once, big tom h for 8m and ive seen lennon go for 16m.
he is tranferlisted for £25m on my Roma save towards the end of the first season (I have 6 games left to play in the league), would have been a great deal had he been intrested in the move and if I had any money or a need for a striker

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious; has anyone used him as a targetman? I am at Dortmund and need a targetman with Reus playing as an advanced forward.

I would have doubts as he's not really tall or physically dominant, nor does he necessarily have the stats to build up attacking moves. Though for my At Madrid team he does quite well creating chances.

I use him as a poacher (as most do) and he's a goal machine, could you not use Reus as a DLF and Falcao as a poacher?

Stats in the second season for me - 40(2) games, 39 goals and 15 assists. No wonder all the big teams want him.

I would have doubts as he's not really tall or physically dominant, nor does he necessarily have the stats to build up attacking moves. Though for my At Madrid team he does quite well creating chances.

I use him as a poacher (as most do) and he's a goal machine, could you not use Reus as a DLF and Falcao as a poacher?

Stats in the second season for me - 40(2) games, 39 goals and 15 assists. No wonder all the big teams want him.

I could. I thought of that. Had an offer of 38m accepted but might leave it and see who else is available. DLF is the second option other than a targetman.

Archived