The Long (Eaton) and winding road to...success or failure.

Raware

Obviously the previous manager was rubbish :D. I'd have slated my team for losing the game against Hartlepool. Especially as they lost it so late on. That £75k striker looks decent. You best hope your board are forgiving if you can't catch or sneak up through the play-offs.

I hope they're forgiving as we're struggling at the minute and the play-offs are looking like they're slipping from our grasp! As for Davidson, I blew my entire budget on him, well I restructured my wage budget to allow his transfer, so I'm hoping he'll be worth it.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame you moved clubs after so much work but you have a decent chance of going up this season. Good luck!

I was thinking about another one club save but having done that on last years game, I thought I'd go for something a bit different this year. Hopefully we can crack on and push the play-off pack all the way :).

Burton Albion - March 2018/19

BurtonAlbion_zps04dfd262.png

Burton Albion

02.03.19 - Blue Square Premier - Grimsby Town v Burton Albion : 0-2 : We kicked March off with a visit to Blundell Park and within 4 minutes we were 1-0 up through new record signing Blair Davidson as he grabbed his 1st goal for the club after a mazy dribble was finished off with a powerful strike. He sealed the win for us 4 minutes after the restart with another powerful strike as we took a very valuable 3 points back to the Pirelli Stadium.

09.03.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Boreham Wood : 0-0 : New signing Morvin Adams, who signed for the club days earlier on a free transfer, went straight into the squad but neither him or any of the other 21 players on the pitch could break the deadlock as the game petered out into a 0-0 draw.

12.03.19 - Blue Square Premier - Gateshead v Burton Albion : 0-1 : Thanks to Billy Kee’s 9th goal of the season, we claimed another valuable win which puts us in a play-off place with just 6 games remaining.

16.03.19 - Blue Square Premier - Alfreton Town v Burton Albion : 1-2 : We claimed our revenge on our FA Trophy victors as a 1st goal for the club for new signing Morvin Adams and a strike from Conor O’Neill was enough to give us the win despite a late surge from the home side.

30.03.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Barrow : 1-2 : A home game against strugglers Barrow should’ve been an easy game for us, especially as we were on a 6 game unbeaten run. But we played poorly as Barrow took the lead just before the half hour mark to shock everyone, even themselves I think. I changed formation with 4 up top and we grabbed a deserved equalizer 8 minutes from time through Billy Kee’s 10th goal of the season. As we continued to push for the winner though, Barrow caught us on the counter attack and snatched a late winner through Conrad Findlay to end the month on a bit of a downer for us.

March League Table : A better month for us saw us win 3, draw 1 and lose 1 as we end the month just in the play-off places with 4 more games to go. With 5 points separating us and Southport in 6th, a couple more wins for us I feel will guarantee us a spot in the play-offs. To help us with our end of season run-in (and maybe play-offs), I brought in a few faces just to bolster the squad as 3 players left us this month as their loan contracts expired. So, in came Gavin Rothwell and Mario Gavranovic both on loan from Leicester while Krystian McDermott also joined us on loan from Derby County until the end of the season. Morvin Adams joined us permanently on a 4 year contract, on a free, with his transfer more in mind for the next few years considering he has a bright future after being released by Manchester United.

You've drawn too many goals and not scored enough goals.

Not sure how we draw goals :confused: :D;) but they'd already drawn 8 when I arrived and scored just 18, not to mention the lead that Bradford had so it was always going to be tough to catch the leaders up. If we can make the play-offs I'm hoping that'll be enough to keep the board happy.

Burton Albion - April 2018/19

Burton Albion

06.04.19 - Blue Square Premier - Wrexham v Burton Albion : 3-2 : We cruised into a comfortable 3-0 lead even before the half hour mark against promotion hopeful’s Wrexham as goals from Mario Gavranovic, Billy Kee and Damien McCrory put us into a seemingly uncatchable lead. However, our recent frailties shone through again as we went into ourselves slightly as Wrexham pulled 2 goals back and did in fact grab an equalizing goal a minute from time. Luckily for us though it was flagged for offside and we managed to take all 3 points so put us ever nearer a play-off place.

13.04.19 - Blue Square Premier - Bradford City v Burton Albion : 1-3 : A game against league leaders Bradford City away from home was a game that we didn’t need considering our play-off aspirations so after 10 minutes when Bobby Briggs put the home side 1-0 up, I feared for the worst. But Lewis Bakers 2nd yellow card which resulted in a red changed the game completely as we took control and smashed 3 goals in, in 18 minutes to confirm our place in this seasons play-offs :).

20.04.19 - Blue Square Premier - Woking v Burton Albion : 1-1 : Having guaranteed ourselves a play-off place now, the pressure was off us a little so a draw in the end against strugglers Woking wasn’t too bad of a result.

22.04.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Ebbsfleet United : 1-1 : Our last game of the season saw us welcome already relegated Ebbsfleet to the Pirelli Stadium and knowing that we had a semi final play-off game in 4 days time, I chose to rest a number of key players. The players that did come in did ok considering that we fell behind after 34 minutes through a Tyrell Waite goal as Liam Ford equalized for us just after the restart to give us a point in the end and set us up with a semi final play-off tie with Chelmsfrod City.

April League Table : 2 wins and 2 draws this month was enough in the end to guarantee us a place in the play-offs where we’ll meet Chelmsford City. This season has seen us beat them 1-0 at the Pirelli Stadium while they defeated us 2-1 at the Sports & Athletics Centre so all’s to play for in the semi final with no team really dominating each other. While Bradford City picked up their form to go on and win the league, the other end saw Brackley Town, Grimsby Town, Ebbsfleet United and Kettering Town all relegated

Burton Albion - Blue Square Premier Play-offs 2018/19

Burton Albion

28.04.19 - Blue Square Premier Play-off Semi Final 1st leg - Chelmsford City v Burton Albion : 0-2 : We went into the 1st leg of the semi final full of confidence on the back of just 1 defeat in the last 11 games and that confidence came to fruition after just 12 minutes as Damien McCrory put us into a 1-0 lead. Chelmsford had their fair share of chances but our keeper and defence were in outstanding form to keep the home side at bay and it was us who grabbed the vital 2nd goal as Billy Kee struck a sweet right footed drive into the roof of the net to give us a very good advantage going into the 2nd leg.

30.04.19 - Blue Square Premier Play-off Semi Final 2nd leg - Burton Albion v Chelmsford City : 0-1 : Having played so well in the 1st leg, the 2nd leg saw us struggle as we created very little and had just 2 shots on goal. Whether it was complacency or the fact that it was our 2nd game in 3 days, I don’t know but what I do know is that Chelmsford’s solitary goal wasn’t enough to take them through to the final. We’d made it…we scraped there but we made it! :D

11.05.19 - Blue Square Premier Play-off Final - Burton Albion v Eastleigh : 1-2 aet : Nearly 39,000 people made the journey to Wembley to witness ourselves and Eastleigh fight it out for a place in League 2. The game itself was a surprisingly open affair considering what was at stake as both sides threw caution to the wind and it was us that took the lead as Morvin Adams pounced on a mistake in the Eastleigh defence on 57 minutes to put us into the lead and send our fans into raptures. As the game wore on though, Eastleigh pressed and probed and showed why they finished 2nd in the league as they peppered our goal with shot after shot, fortunately for us though most were off target. Until that is, 5 minutes from time when Shaun Jeffers scrambled the ball over from 2 yards out to send the game into extra time. As we entered extra time, both sides looked tired and both were making mistakes so it came as no surprise when the winner came from a mistake…unfortunately for us, it was a Burton player who made the mistake as Paul Marshall capitalized on a poor defensive mistake to break clear and bag the winner for Eastleigh, sending them up to League 2 and leaving us to play another season in the Blue Square Premier :(.

Burton Albion - Season Review 2018/19

Burton Albion

Blue Square Premier/Blue Square Premier progress : (After the red line indicates when I took over as manager of Burton). Having joined the club at the beginning of November with them languishing 12th in the league, the board were clear about what they expected from me. Despite their unimpressive early season form, they still expected me to challenge for the title and claim promotion and to be fair, there still was enough time to achieve to that. We made a good attempt at trying to do that but ultimately Bradford were too strong as they claimed the title and Eastleigh left us disappointed as they defeated us in the play-off final.

FA Cup : (Under the red line indicates when I took over as manager of Burton). The board expected us to reach the 1st round and we’d already done that when we beat Long Eaton (or should I say the previous manager did as he beat me when I was at Long Eaton) so anything after that was a bonus. In the end it was Championship opposition in the form of Hartlepool United that knocked us out of the competition.

FA Trophy : (Under the red line indicates when I took over as manager of Burton). We were favourites to win this cup and I thought we could win it too so to go out in the 4th round to Alfreton Town was very disappointing.

Transfers : A lot of players came and went even before I arrived so the squad was very unsettled for the start of the season. I brought in several players on loan throughout the season but just the 4 joined us on permanent deals as Morvin Adams, Conor O’Neill and Oli Stevenson joined us on free transfers while Blair Davidson joined us for a club record £75k.

Squad : Considering how the squad were performing before I arrived, they did fantastically well to turn things around and only just narrowly miss out on promotion. I’ve shifted a lot of the dead wood that was at the club when I joined to leave just the players that I want for next season so a few more additions in the summer should be enough for what I want for next season.

Finances : Not great as we’re nearly £500k in debt but given the gate receipts that we can recoup and hopefully promotion next season (plus the boards willingness to invest in cash injections), we should be able to make a profit or at least break even next season.

My views of the season… : Having narrowly missed out on promotion in the play-off final it’s easy to feel disappointed, but considering I took over in November we did well to finish where we eventually did.

My aims for next season… : Obviously promotion after missing out this season. With the players we have plus the addition of a few more, we should have enough quality to mount a challenge.

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13  Long Eaton United  Northern Counties East Premier Division     2nd      FA Vase winners
2013/14  Long Eaton United  Northern Counties East Premier Division     1st   [b]P[/b]  League Champions, FA Vase winners
2014/15  Long Eaton United  Northern Premier League 1st Division South  1st   [b]P[/b]  League Champions
2015/16  Long Eaton United  Northern Premier League                     1st   [b]P[/b]  League Champions
2016/17  Long Eaton United  Blue Square North				4th   
2017/18  Long Eaton United  Blue Square North				2nd   [b]P[/b]  Playoffs winners
2018/19  Long Eaton United  Blue Square Premier                         - Left for Burton Albion - November 2018
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19  Burton Albion      Blue Square Premier                         3rd      Joined - November 2018

Shame to lose out in extra time of a playoff final. But you'll have a full season next to make sure that doesn't happen again.
Shame to be so close but miss out.

Yeah, it was a little bit gutting to lose like that in extra time but as you say cerud, I'll have a full season next season so hopefully we can get off to a good start :)

You an Eastleigh fan then? Or just live nearby?

I live just one motorway junction away from them, so if they ever got promoted to League Two IRL they'd be my nearest Football League club. It's a bit of a dump there, though, so I wouldn't be rushing to the Silverlake Stadium :D

Bad luck, BTW :(

Burton Albion - Pre-Season 2019/20

Burton Albion

League expectation

-------------------------

Blue Square Premier : Board expectation - Win promotion : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 24)

Cup expectations

---------------------

FA Cup : 2nd round

FA Trophy : Reach the final

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £17.13 p/w

Current wage bill : £20.45 p/w

Season tickets sold : 402

My views for the season ahead… : After narrowly missing out on promotion last season after joining Burton halfway through the season, I’ve got a full season to achieve the boards expectation of promotion this year, whether that’s winning the league or going up through the play-offs, they aren’t fussed. With the squad we had last season we should’ve really gone up but the previous managers early season antics made hard work of that. This season I’ve got rid of a few high earners who added nothing to the team and have brought in my own players, as 10 players come in, 6 of those being on loans. In come John McLaughlin from Raith Rovers, Ross Caldwell from Dundee, Jack Waddle from Forfar Athletic and Gavin Rothwell from Leicester City (who spent last season on loan with us) all on free transfers while Martin Rigby, Lamce Shehaj, Jonathan Dorrian and Kerry Jeffrey join us on season long loans and Callum Thomson and Danny O’Brien join us on 3 month loans.

Burton Albion - July 2019/20

Burton Albion

23.07.19 - Friendly - Burton Albion v Charlton Athletic : 0-1 : Our pre-season started with a visit from our Championship parent club as Charlton Athletic made the journey north to the Pirelli Stadium. We found ourselves 1-0 down early on though as a dubious penalty decision put Charlton into the lead. Our heads didn’t go down as despite being just a pre-season warm up game, we showed a good account of ourselves as we held the away side to just that 1 goal as the game ended 1-0.

27.07.19 - Friendly - Burton Albion v Shepshed Dynamo : 2-0 : A short trip for our opposition as non league Shepshed made the journey up the A50/A38 in game which saw us completely dominate, as expected, as Billy Kee’s 12th minute strike and Blair Davidson’s 74th minute strike gave us an easy win and some more fitness under our belts.

31.07.19 - Friendly - Burton Albion v Stafford Rangers : 2-0 : Another short trip for our visitors as local rivals Stafford Rangers made the journey to Burton upon Trent. As expected, we took the lead early on as Billy Kee’s 2nd pre-season goal put us 1-0 before Sunay Tasdemir wrapped things up for us with a strike just before half time.

Burton Albion - August 2019/20

Burton Albion

03.08.19 - Friendly - Burton Albion v Coalville Town : 5-0 : Our final pre-season game saw us trounce another one of our local neighbours as we put 5 past Coalville Town thanks to goals from Danny O’Brien, Jonathan Dorrian, a Robbie Clarkson own goal and a brace from Blair Davidson.

10.08.19 - Blue Square Premier - Tranmere Rovers v Burton Albion : 0-1 : We couldn’t of opened the season with a tougher game as we made the trip to recently relegated and Blue Square Premier title favourites Tranmere Rovers. Whether Tranmere were still feeling the effects of last season though I’m not sure as they caused us very little problems and thanks to a debut goal from loan signing Lamce Shehaj we claimed all 3 points…what could prove to be a vital 3 points at the end of the season.

13.08.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Port Vale : 1-0 : We welcomed Port Vale to the Pirelli Stadium in a game which again saw very little threaten our goal as John McLaughlin’s 1st goal for the club proved to be enough to hand us a 2nd successive win.

17.08.19 - Blue Square Premier - Barrow v Burton Albion : 0-0 : Barrow had done remarkably well last season in avoiding the drop after points deductions and if they play anything like they did in this game then there will be no worries about them going down this season as they restricted us to just a few shots on goal as the game fizzled out into a 0-0 draw. One disappointing factor for us though was the injury picked up by Sunay Tasdemir as strained knee ligaments will keep him out for up to 2 months :(.

20.08.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Matlock Town : 2-1 : Matlock took the lead in this game early on as Lyle Taylor broke free to score a real quick flowing goal but after Matlock’s Phil Roe picked up an injury 5 minutes after they scored, it seemed to knock them off balance as we started to dominate the game. That was shown as our dominance paid off as Ross Caldwell grabbed a 7 minute brace to hand all 3 points to us at the final whistle.

24.08.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Macclesfield Town : 0-0 : After having so much of the ball and dominating for very large periods of this game, not to mention restricting Macclesfield to just one shot, it was disappointing to only come away with a point after I felt we had done more than enough to claim all 3.

31.08.19 - Blue Square Premier - Morecambe v Burton Albion : 0-4 : Having struggled to find the net in our last game, this game was a complete opposite as goals flew in easily for us as Ross Caldwell claimed 2, John McLaughlin bagged 1 and Blair Davidson grabbed another to help us finish the month off in style.

August League Table : A fine start to the season for us as 4 wins and 2 draws leaves us sitting top of the table :) still unbeaten. All of our goals so far have been scored by our new boys as Ross Caldwell has hit 4, John McLaughlin has 2 and Blair Davidson and Lamce Shehaj have a goal a piece which is good to see as it shows they’re settling in well. If I had to chose a negative (which I don’t like to) I’d say that maybe we haven’t been as clinical as we should’ve been as chances have come our way but we’ve failed to take them. Still, considering the start we’ve made I can have no grumbles…

Burton Albion - September 2019/20

Burton Albion

03.09.19 - Blue Square Premier - Chester v Burton Albion : 1-2 : We began September by travelling to the Welsh border as Chester were our opponents. Things started well for us as Blair Davidson’s 2nd goal of the season gave us the lead just after the half hour mark but we couldn’t hold on as Chester showed why they themselves were in good form as they hit an equalizer 13 minutes from time. It didn’t end there though as in the 2nd minute of injury time we had a huge slice of luck as Blair Davidson’s wayward strike was diverted in by Chester’s Quade Taylor to give us all 3 points.

07.09.19 - Blue Square Premier - Cheltenham Town V Burton Albion : 1-2 : Another away game for us saw us fight back from a goal down as another 2 goals from Ross Caldwell, his 5th and 6th of the season, gave us another win and extends our lead at the top even at this early stage of the season.

10.09.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Preston North End : 1-1 : Thanks to Conor O’Neill’s 1st goal of the season we claimed a very credible draw in a tight game against recently relegated and another one of the title favourites Preston.

14.09.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Gateshead : 5-1 : After having to wait in the wings and seeing Ross Caldwell and Blair Davidson form some kind of partnership, Billy Kee and Morvin Adams finally got themselves on to the score sheet for the first time this season and in fine style too as a hat trick from Kee and a brace from Adams gave us a very comfortable 5-1 win against struggling Gateshead.

21.09.19 - Blue Square Premier - Aldershot Town v Burton Albion : 1-2 : Having finally got himself on the score sheet last week, Billy Kee hit another 2 in this game to give us another 3 points and maintain our unbeaten run to the season which now stretches to 11 games!

24.09.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Sutton United : 1-1 : We welcomed strugglers Sutton United to the Pirelli Stadium in a game which saw us labeled as very heavy favourites but that’s not how the game went as Sutton proved they’re no pushovers, going into the lead on 67 minutes through Alex Osborn. We pushed and pushed though and finally got out reward 5 minutes from time as Tim Seatter rescued a point for us with his 1st goal of the season.

28.09.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Dartford : 0-0 : A somber affair to end the month with but nevertheless a draw which preserves our unbeaten start to the season as we sit 5 points clear at the top :).

September League Table : We continued our fine early season form throughout the month of September as 4 wins and 3 draws leaves us sitting top of the pile, still unbeaten :). Goals are starting to flow now with goals flying in from all areas of the team as Ross Caldwell and Billy Kee lead our scoring charts with 6 and 5 goals respectively. But despite our forwards finding the net regularly I’ve still made one more addition to the squad in the form of Jack Smith as he joins us on a free transfer from St. Mirren…well, you never can have too many strikers at a club! :)

Awesome thread, I also live in Long Eaton, about 2mins away from Grange Park.

Cheers pal :thup:. You're also "treated to the sights of Long Eaton" eh? ;) Also an academy scout I see? I was a youth academy development scout too around 10 years ago when Paul Hart and Chalky (Ian Whyte) were there. Looks like we have more than NG10 in common :D

Cheers pal :thup:. You're also "treated to the sights of Long Eaton" eh? ;) Also an academy scout I see? I was a youth academy development scout too around 10 years ago when Paul Hart and Chalky (Ian Whyte) were there. Looks like we have more than NG10 in common :D

hiya mate notts county/hucknall town fan here. any chance you can send me the long eaton save pm? or upload? ive previously dragged hucknall town and eastwood to the dizzy heights of the premier league and would love to carry on the hard work were you left off.

cheers glynnbob.

hiya mate notts county/hucknall town fan here. any chance you can send me the long eaton save pm? or upload? ive previously dragged hucknall town and eastwood to the dizzy heights of the premier league and would love to carry on the hard work were you left off.

cheers glynnbob.

Yeah I can do, I have the save just before I took over at Burton if you want? As for uploading it, you'll have to let me know how to do it and what site to use.

Burton Albion - October 2019/20

Burton Albion

01.10.19 - Blue Square Premier - Southport v Burton Albion : 1-3 : October began with us making the trip to Southport in a game in which we looked very comfortable as a solitary goal from Billy Kee and a couple of goals from Ross Caldwell was enough to give us the win.

05.10.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Chelmsford City : 2-0 : Our unbeaten run continued as we welcomed Chelmsford to Burton as goals from Billy Kee and Blair Davidson proved to be enough to hand us all 3 points.

12.10.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Long Eaton United : 2-0 : It was another win for me against my former employers as we controlled the majority of the game with Ross Caldwell getting on the score sheet twice to maintain my unbeaten record against Long Eaton since I left and the clubs unbeaten record this season.

15.10.19 - Blue Square Premier - Hayes & Yeading United v Burton Albion : 1-1 : A very frustrating game for us as despite going into an early lead through Billy Kee’s 8th goal of the season, the referee made us work hard for an eventual point as he was very card happy when it came to our players yet not so much when dealing with Hayes & Yeading’s players. Then just to rub salt into our wounds, he awarded an extremely dodgy penalty against us 13 minutes from time (which the home side converted), so dodgy that the FA were silent when I accused the referee of wrongfully awarding it.

19.10.19 - Blue Square Premier - Wrexham v Burton Albion : 0-0 : A boring 0-0 is how our visit to Wales ended as despite both sides creating numerous chances, no one could break the dead lock.

22.10.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Woking : 3-0 : Two goals from Ross Caldwell, his 11th and 12th of the season and a 1st goal of the season for Robbie Weir ensured that we easily disposed of Woking to continue our remarkable unbeaten run which stretches to 19 games now!

26.10.19 - Blue Square Premier - Newport County v Burton Albion : 0-1 : Another trip to Wales for us saw us end the month in style as a sublime 35 yard free kick from Sunay Tasdemir handed us all 3 points to ensure that we’re still unbeaten this season and sit 9 points clear at the top of the table.

October League Table : An excellent month for us as 5 wins and 2 draws extends our lead at the top of the table to 9 points while also maintaining our unbeaten start to the season which now stretches for an unbelievable 20games! Obviously for this to happen all of the players have been playing at the top of their game but one real factor for our great season so far I feel is the strike partnership that Billy Kee and Ross Caldwell have formed as they’ve hit 20 goals between them.

With things going so well for us on the pitch it’s also been nice to see things going well for us off the pitch too as Welsh businessman Sam Owen recently became our new chairman and while he has stated thatno further investment will be made, he has secured our finance slightly with a bank loan of £1.01 million.

I always hate how you can't repay loans if you have the money. But still making good progress in the league

Me too, been a long standing issue.

Time to put a a curse on you and your team. You shall bottle it.

You're doing very well there. I am slightly envious.

You sir, are treading dangerously! ;) If you've cursed us again I'll be seeing you in 2 weeks time :D

Yeah I can do, I have the save just before I took over at Burton if you want? As for uploading it, you'll have to let me know how to do it and what site to use.

would be so grateful raware thanks im not sure how to do this so can anyone help us out please??

Haha yes it does look that way. I do abit of scouting, as much as time allows me to now days anyway. How have LE Utd started the season without you?

Excellent start to the season

Can't really grumble at it! :D

would be so grateful raware thanks im not sure how to do this so can anyone help us out please??

Link sent. Let me know how you get on.

Sent you both a PM. I am a novice compared to most. But I think what I've said is the basics.

Cheers NF :thup:

Haha yes it does look that way. I do abit of scouting, as much as time allows me to now days anyway. How have LE Utd started the season without you?

They've made a steady start and are hanging just outside of the play-offs.

A cracking unbeaten start there. Looking very tight defensively, too

That's definitely the key to our success so far this season. While we're not out scoring our opponents, we're shutting them out to claim our victiories. I guess being a centre half I prefer clean sheets to high scores :D

Burton Albion - November 2019/20

Burton Albion

02.11.19 - FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Burton Albion v Tamworth : 0-0 : The FA Cup kicked off November for us as we welcomed local rivals Tamworth to the Pirelli Stadium in a game which saw us down as heavy favourites. Despite this tag and expectation though, we failed to live up to the pre match predictions as Tamworth set up their stall to defend and that’s exactly what they did as they managed to hold us to a 0-0 draw, forcing the game to a replay in 4 days time.

06.11.19 - FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round Replay - Tamworth v Burton Albion : 0-4 : If the last game between ourselves and Tamworth 4 days ago was a tight affair, this was anything but as we showed our superiority as goals from Marcus Holness, Jack Smith and 2 from Morvin Adams ensured our passage to the 1st round.

09.11.19 - FA Cup 1st Round - Burton Albion v Wycombe Wanderers : 1-1 : Our reward for disposing of Tamworth in the last round was a home tie against League One opposition in the form of Wycombe Wanderers. At times their class showed as they knocked the ball around beautifully as they opened the scoring on 34 minutes through a lovely piece of play which split us right open at the back. After a half time talking to from me though, we came back out with more desire and tempo as we started to get back into the game. Then on 73 minutes we finally got what we deserved as Jack Smith broke free of the Wycombe defence to bag an equalizer for us to send the game to a replay in 10 days time.

13.11.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Forest Green Rovers : 0-0 : We completely dominated this game from the 1st minute but somehow throughout the 90 minutes, we just couldn’t find a way through the away sides defence as they held on to take a point.

12.11.19 - Blue Square Premier - Alfreton Town v Burton Albion : 1-2 : A fairly local game for us had us travelling up the A38 to North Street where we took on a battling Alfreton side. The home side shocked us early on as Dave Fielding pounced on a rebound to put Alfreton 1-0 up but we showed our battling character as usual as Blair Davidson struck twice in the 2nd half to give us a good win.

19.11.19 - FA Cup 1st Round Replay - Wycombe Wanderers v Burton Albion : 0-1 : After grabbing a 1-1 draw against Wycombe 10 days earlier, I knew the replay at Adams Park would be a tough game for us and I expected nothing from it. I set us up quite defensively to hopefully soak up the expected pressure from the home side to then catch them on the counter attack and maybe snatch a goal…my plan worked perfectly :) as we defended excellently and grabbed a late winner through a decisive breakaway goal which Damien McCrory dispatched much to our travelling fans’ delight.

23.11.19 - FA Trophy 1st Round - Burton Albion v Hitchin : 4-0 : More cup action for us only this time it was in the FA Trophy against Hitchin Town. Once Morvin Adams put us into the lead on 8 minutes, we were always going to go on and win this game as further goals from Tim Seatter and 2 from Lamce Shehaj gave us a convincing 4-0 win.

26.11.19 - Blue Square Premier - Burton Albion v Boreham Wood : 0-0 : A tough game for us against fellow promotion hopefuls Boreham Wood saw us play out a 0-0 draw, a result which neither team can argue about really.

30.11.19 - Blue Square Premier - Port Vale v Burton Albion : 0-0 : Another 0-0 draw ended the month for us as again we fought out another tough game which neither side can complain about the result.

November League Table : A month dominated by cup games for us saw us progress to both the FA Cup 2nd round and the FA Trophy 2nd round. As for the league, 4 games saw us draw 3 and win 1 as we extend our lead at the top further by 11 points.

A couple of interesting news items appeared in my inbox too this month as I received 2 job offers in the form of the Gillingham job and the Barnet job, of which I turned down both. While I did turn down both, as neither really offered me any incentive to move on, besides I’ve only recently joined Burton, it’s still nice to see that I must be doing something right if other clubs are coming in for me :).

Quite poor really. You're drawing too many games :D.
Great record at the top! But I agree with Nottingham Forest, just to many draws ;)

Too many draws yes, but I like to see it as making ourselves difficult to beat and maintaining our unbeaten run :p:D

good progress

Archived