The Long (Eaton) and winding road to...success or failure.

Raware

Long Eaton United - January 2014/15

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

03.01.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Long Eaton United v Rainworth Miners Welfare : 0-0 : Our new year kicked off in unspectacular fashion as we played out a bore all draw with bottom of the table Rainworth, a team we should be beating at home!

06.01.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - North Ferriby United v Long Eaton United : 2-1 : Our recent questionable form continued as 2 goals from Russell Fry made it 4 games without a win for us as we once again lost ground on Barwell at the top. The only consolation we took out of the game, if it can be seen as consolation is a 1st goal for the club from loanee Charlie Wassmer.

10.01.15 - Northern League Challenge Cup 4th Round - Long Eaton United v Mickleover Sports : 3-0 : Our 4th round Northern League Challenge Cup tie saw us face local rivals Mickleover Sports (who I actually played for many moons ago) and after 11 minutes we were in front thanks to Charlie Sheringham’s 16th goal of the season. 5 minutes later saw us double our lead thanks to Cameron Brannagan’s 6th goal of the season and then David Moli wrapped up the win for us on 65 minutes with his 8th goal of the season to put us into the Quarter Final.

14.01.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Long Eaton United v Romulus : 3-2 : Our cup game seemed to have broken our poor run of form in the league which previously saw us go 4 games without a win as we went in 3-0 up as half-time approached through David Moli, Chad Bond and Cameron Brannagan. Whether it was complacency or the fact that Romulus actually bothered to turn up in the 2nd half, the fact remained that we tried our best to throw away the win as the visitors pulled 2 goals back through Tom Moss and were unlucky to get a 3rd as we managed to cling on to the win.

17.01.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Barwell v Long Eaton United : 1-0 : A massive clash at the top of the table for us which made or broke our desires for promotion saw us surrender a lot of the possession, which you’d expect visiting the league leaders, to have more chances on goal. We matched Barwell for much of the game but in the end we couldn’t hold on as, coupled with the sending off of captain Jordan Williams, the home side grabbed the winner 2 minutes from time to put even more distance between themselves and us at the top.

24.01.15 - Northern League Challenge Cup Quarter Final - Warrington Town v Long Eaton United : 0-0 : We made the visit to Warrington Town, who themselves are top of their respective league, the Northern Premier League 1st Division North, looking to progress to the Semi Final but once again our lack of proficiency in front of goal showed as neither team could break the dead lock, leaving the game to be replayed in 3 days time. To make matters worse for us, Chad Bond, our on loan striker picked up an injury which will leave him out for around 4 weeks, leaving us with very little options up front.

27.01.15 - Northern League Challenge Cup Quarter Final replay - Long Eaton United v Warrington Town : 1-0 : 3 days earlier saw us play out a 0-0 draw with Warrington and with both Charlie Sheringham and Chad Bond out through injury, it left us with only 2 fit strikers in the squad. Both David Moli and Tommy Amos did well as they created numerous chances throughout the match but in the end it was left to our captain, Jordan Williams to get the winning goal 6 minutes from time which puts us into the semi final!

31.01.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Coalville Town v Long Eaton United : 1-1 : Our final game of January had us making the trip to Coalville which holds a lot of fond memories for my FM self after last years accomplishments with them. It looked as if we were going to walk away with the points after Charlie Wassmer notched his 2nd goal of the season but again we failed to hold onto a lead as with just 10 minutes remaining, Coalville grabbed an equalizer leaving us to share the points.

January League Table : The end of December saw us trail Barwell by 9 points…that lead has now been stretched to 15 points as we drop down a place to 3rd as Sutton Coldfield Town overtake us. Obviously it’s disappointing to drop off the pace like we have but I suppose I should still be happy considering where we were expected to finish this season.

We are into the Semi Final of the Northern League Challenge Cup, which is the furthest we’ve ever reached in the competition so silverware is still possible this season. What happens in the next few months though is anyone’s guess!

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long Eaton United - February 2014/15

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

04.02.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Long Eaton United v Kidsgrove Athletic : 2-0 : February started with us welcoming Kidsgrove to Grange Park and despite dominating the 1st half we just couldn’t find the back of the net. A few words of encouragement at half-time though seemed to have done the trick as just 3 minutes after the restart, David Moli hit his 10th goal of the season to put us into the lead. Kidsgrove provided very little response and 11 minutes from full time, Ricky Wellard grabbed his 1st goal for the club which secured the win for us.

07.02.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Long Eaton United v Lincoln United : 2-0 : Our game against Lincoln United saw 4 new faces come through the door as Ben Wright, Andy Bishop, Ricky Holmes and Ross Flitney all joined us on loan until the end of the season to give us some real strength in depth to help us try and push on during the remaining 10 games of the season. It was however, a familiar face that put us into the lead as David Scullion struck his 3rd goal of the season on 4 minutes to put us 1-0 up. We had to wait a while for our 2nd goal even though we were always in control of the match, as Andy Bishop came off the bench to score on his debut leaving us to walk away with all 3 points and keep the pressure on Barwell.

21.02.15 - Northern League Challenge Cup Semi Final 1st Leg - Carlton Town v Long Eaton United : 0-3 : We flew out of the blocks as with just 2 minutes on the clock, Charlie Sheringham fired us into the lead with his 17th goal of the season. 18 minutes later and we were 2-0 up thanks to new loan signing Ben Wright who notched his 1st goal for the club and then 3 minutes before half-time saw us turn our lead into 3 goals as another one of our loan stars, veteran Michael Brown rasped a volley into the back of the net, leaving us with a healthy lead going in at the break. The 2nd half saw us continue to control much of the play and when Carlton were reduced to 10 men just 8 minutes into the 2nd half, the game was all but over, leaving us with a great chance in the return leg.

25.02.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Carlton Town v Long Eaton United : 0-1 : 4 days after we met Carlton in the Semi Final 1st Leg, we met them in the league and again, it was a similar story as controlled and dictated much of the game as we won the game 1-0 thanks to Karl Moore’s 1st goal for the club since joining on loan from Rotherham.

28.02.15 - Northern League Challenge Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg - Long Eaton United v Carlton Town : 2-2 : Our 3rd meeting in 7 days with Carlton saw us play out the 2nd leg of the semi final looking to progress to our 1st Northern League Challenge Cup Final and after 2 minutes things were looking good for us as Ben Wright continued his decent form, notching his 2nd goal since joining us. Carlton pulled a goal back just before the half hour mark but Charlie Sheringham restored our lead through his 18th goal of the season. Carlton grabbed another goal 2 minutes from half time to make it 2-2 on the night but it was far too late and the game finished 5-2 on aggregate meaning it’s us who progress to the final!

February League Table : The end of February sees us reclaim 2nd spot in the league and close the gap between ourselves and leaders Barwell from 15 points to 10 with 8 games remaining. We’ve definitely improved our form with the help of our 4 new additions which has brought some real quality to the squad and helped us reach the Northern League Challenge Cup Final where we meet Northern Premier League 1st Division North side Garforth Town. Will 8 games be enough to reduce the 10 point deficit and close in on Barwell though?..

Is there any outstanding player in Barwell squad?

Not really. Their top scorer has got 8 goals so far but a lot of their squad have scored so sharing goals throughout the team seems to be their secret, along with a lot of 1-0 wins.

Long Eaton United - March 2014/15

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

07.03.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Long Eaton United v Eastwood Town : 4-1 : Eastwood made the short journey to Grange Park on the back of a few good results but we were in decent form ourselves and that showed as Cameron Brannagan grabbed a 5 minute brace just before half time to put us 2-0 up going into the break. Ben Wright added to the score line with his 3rd goal of the season before Eastwood pulled one back through Dann Maw but Rob Holding put our goal advantage back to 3 as he completed the scoring to win the game for us 4-1.

14.03.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Long Eaton United v Chasetown : 0-1 : Even though we trailed the league leaders by 10 points before kick off and it was always going to be a big ask to claw back that deficit, losing this game realistically ended any chance that we had of catching Barwell and claiming promotion. While we didn’t play badly, 3rd place Chasetown just organized themselves well and once they grabbed their goal on 13 minutes, they defended it well leaving us to rue what chances we created.

25.03.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Stourbridge v Long Eaton United : 1-2 : We went into this game needing a win if we were to keep alive what little chance we had of pushing for the title so when Charlie Sheringham put us 1-0 up just after the half hour mark, I was very pleased. Our defensive frailties once again showed though as 2 minutes before half time, Stoursbridge equalized through Richaee Derby. As much as we fought and had chances on goal in the 2nd half we just couldn’t find a way through…until, finally, Medy Elito appeared on the back stick 2 minutes from time to tuck away his 1st goal of the season to give us a valuable win! Not a bad time to score your 1st goal for the club! The only downside to the game saw Charlie Sheringham pick up an injury which will keep him out for 4-5 weeks so that’s his season effectively over :(.

29.03.15 - Northern League Challenge Cup Final - Long Eaton United v Garforth Town : 1-1 (3-4 pens) : It was a shame that the competitions top scorer Charlie Sheringham missed this game through injury as if it wasn’t for his goals, we wouldn’t have been here. Still, we had no choice but to get on with it and after 90 minutes we had totally controlled the game, managing an incredible 24 shots with not one of them going in as the game went to extra time after finishing 0-0. When Garforth got the 1st goal in extra time I had a feeling that it just wasn’t going to be our day but Rob Holding popped up with 9 minutes left to force the game to a penalty shootout. From here on in it was anyone’s game, a lottery, but as I said, I just felt that it wasn’t our day so when David Scullion missed our last penalty it was up to Garforth’s Mike Myers to net the deciding penalty and with that, claim the Northern League Challenge Cup at our expense :(.

March League Table : The end of March sees us sitting in the same position that the end of February did…2nd in the league and 10 points behind Barwell, only now there’s only 5 games left and barring a miracle, there’s no real chance of winning the league now. Topped with that saw us somehow lose in the final of the Northern League Challenge Cup to Garforth Town after completely dominating the game. But, despite these slight disappointments we’ve still overachieved really, as mid-table and a respectable cup run were my only briefs at the start of the season.

The season isn’t over yet though and while there’s still a mathematical chance of winning the league, a slim one albeit, we’ll continue to fight on.

There is always next season with your brand new squad. Can you offer wages yet?

We might not have to wait until next season now...:) Barwell, seem to have imploded!

As for wages, yeah, we can offer part time contracts now, not massive wages but at least we can tie players down now and worry about them leaving anymore.

Long Eaton United - April 2014/15

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

04.04.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Long Eaton United v Halesowen Town : 1-0 : April had us welcoming Halesowen Town to Grange Park for our 1st game of the month and while it wasn’t a spectacular game, we got the win thanks to Ben Wright’s 4th goal of the season.

11.04.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Leek Town v Long Eaton United : 1-3 : We made the trip to in form Leek Town expecting a tough game but we got the exact opposite as we totally dominated the match which saw us have 64% of the ball throughout the game. We made good use of our possession too as goals from Andy Bishop, Medy Elito and Ben Wright sealed the win for us.

18.04.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Stamford FC v Long Eaton United : 0-4 : We really hit form in this game as we were 3-0 up at half-time thanks to a brace from Ben Wright, his 6th and 7th goal of the season and a goal from Alex O’Hanlon, on his return match after being out for 2 months with a double hernia. Michael Brown saw red in the 63rd minute, not for the first time in his career but that didn’t stop us adding to the score line with 10 men as David Moli came off the bench to net his 11th goal of the season to secure an emphatic win for us. To add to a great day for us, Barwell lost their 2nd game in succession as bottom of the table Rainworth beat them 3-2 meaning the gap between us in now just 2 points with 2 games to go!

25.04.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Long Eaton United v Sutton Coldfield Town : 1-0 : Our last game in April came against Sutton Coldfield Town and we needed a win to keep the pressure on Barwell. We got that win thanks to Ben Wright’s 8th goal of the season but unfortunately Barwell got the win too meaning that the title will go down to the last day of the season!

April League Table : April has seen us cut Barwell’s lead at the top from 10 points to just 2 with one game left. It’s out of our hands now and all we can do is win our game and hope Barwell don’t win theirs. Whatever happens, we have to be pleased with our season especially our final run in to the end of the season.

Oh wow. Mon the LEU. That loss to Barwell :(. Or the poor form a few months back :(.

I know! How it all could've been different. Just one game left though, we still have a chance...mathematically...we have to hope! :)

It seems Barwell are on the bad run now, there's some chance they'll slip again.

I've played the game but were you right?

I'm sure you've already played the final game by now... but, good luck anyway! :)

Considering how far ahead they were, Barwell have had a shocking few weeks! Bad luck in the cup final too :(

Cheers AK. Yep, I've played it...

Long Eaton United - May 2014/15

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

02.05.15 - Northern Premier League 1st Division South - Long Eaton United v Northwich Victoria : 4-1 : We went into the final game of the season knowing that if we won it might not matter as our fate was in Barwell’s hands. So when we fell behind after just 1 minute and then Barwell took the lead against North Ferriby after 18 minutes, I was expecting a long afternoon in stall. Credit has to go to us though as our heads didn’t drop and we upped our game to grab an equalizer just before the half hour mark. Then, when news filtered through via the latest score box that North Ferriby had equalized just before half-time, there was renewed hope and that was shown as our confidence grew. The 2nd half saw us continue to grow in confidence and when Charlie Sheringham smashed in a 2nd goal on 62 minutes and then 8 minutes later a 3rd on 70 minutes, the ground went absolutely berserk knowing that with Barwell drawing 1-1, it would be us who would win the league and claim promotion to the Northern Premier League. Ben Wright got a 4th goal for us with 3 minutes remaining to seal an emphatic win for us but our delight soon turned to despair as news rang around the ground that Barwell had taken the lead with just a few minutes left meaning that it would now be them who would be champions. The final whistle was blown confirming our 4-1 win as our fans waited in anticipation for the Barwell result…

…but then unbelievably, news once again rang around the stadium that North Ferriby had scored a dramatic 90th minute equalizer to pull Barwell back to 2-2 and our fans went mental!!!! What a way to end the day and season!!!! We’d done it! We’d won the league!

May League Table : So our last game of the season saw us snatch the league title and with that, promotion to the Northern Premier League at the expense of Barwell who had at one stage earlier in the season been 15 points clear! What an end to the season! You couldn’t write it!

Great stuff. :thup:

You would be pretty sick if you were Barwell. :D

Thanks :thup:. I was sick a couple of seasons ago when we threw away a 15 point lead so I know how they feel!

Wonderful :D

Cheers delta

Well, that was a bit disappointing. You ruined it for me through your eagerness to tell me at the game today :D. In all seriousness though, well done.

Brown still slow and horrid?

I know, it wasn't nearly as exciting as I told you it was at the game! :D Cheers. As for Brown, he's gone back after his loan finished.

Talk about nerve wrecking but well done on winning promotion!

Thanks B.W.G. I don't think my nerves, or my squeaky bum could've taken anymore!

Long Eaton United - Season Review 2014/15

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

Northern Premier League 1st Division South/Northern Premier League 1st Division South progress : With no aspirations of challenging for the title at the start of the season, we over turned a 15 point deficit to go on and snatch the title on the last day of the season! Without a doubt, the most exciting and unbelievable game/day since I’ve been playing FM!

FA Cup : We made our first ever appearance in the FA Cup and did ourselves proud by seeing off 2 higher division sides before Macclesfield Town saw us off in the 4th Qualifying round.

Northern League Challenge Cup : We made it all the way to the final where, despite completely dominating the game, somehow lost as Garforth Town beat us on penalties.

Transfers : As I’ve touched upon throughout the season, a lot of activity for us again in the transfer windows as 27 players joined us on contracts (now that we can offer contracts!) and 11 players joined us on season long loans. This was because 25 players left the club at the start of the season as they we were only on amateur contracts and left for bigger clubs. Hopefully we’ll start getting some consistency within our squad now we’ve tied some players down to contracts.

Squad : As has been common for us for the past few seasons, a lot of new faces arrived at the club meaning that gelling and team cohesion was a main concern for the squad of players. But again, they performed fantastically culminating in promotion to the Northern Premier League. Much of that was down to Charlie Sheringham who finished the season as the clubs top goal scorer with 21 goals in all competitions while Ben Wright made an immediate impression as he grabbed 9 goals in 12 games for us. While obviously our loan players will be leaving us in the summer as they return to their parent clubs, we do need to look at bringing players in of similar quality, maybe even bring them in on a permanent basis, if we’re to attempt to stay in the Northern Premier League next season.

Finances : Deteriorating quickly as we lost nearly £200k. Hopefully with the promotion will come bigger gate receipts now.

My views of the season… : What a season! Without a doubt the most exciting FM season ever!

My aims for next season… : Get some quality players in of our own and maybe a few real quality loan players to help us stay in the Northern Premier League.

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13  Long Eaton United  Northern Counties East Premier Division     2nd      FA Vase winners
2013/14  Long Eaton United  Northern Counties East Premier Division     1st   [b]P[/b]  League Champions, FA Vase winners
2014/15  Long Eaton United  Northern Premier League 1st Division South  1st   [b]P[/b]  League Champions

Long Eaton United - Pre-Season 2015/16

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

League expectation

-------------------------

Northern Premier League : Board expectation - Mid table position : Media expectation - 17th (out of 22)

Cup expectations

---------------------

FA Cup : 3rd Qualifying round

Northern League Challenge Cup : 5th round

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £4.94 p/w

Current wage bill : £3.82 p/w

Season tickets sold : 28

My views for the season ahead… : After last seasons dramatics and unexpected promotion, this year sees the board and media both expecting us to finish mid table…but they said the same last year ;). That is my expectation though; we can’t even think about relegation and mid table is the only aim. To help us try and achieve that, during the summer I’ve brought in 7 players (5 on loan) as Billy O’Brien and Ian McLoughlin join us on permanent deals to help bolster our goalkeeping options while Jordan Brown, Simon Ferry, Colin Daniel, Steve Black and Nicky Travis all join us on season long loans (Nicky Travis comes back for a 2nd spell on loan with us) leaving our squad looking like this.

Long Eaton United - July 2015/16

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

18.07.15 - Friendly - Long Eaton United v Gainsborough Trinity : 5-2 : We kicked our pre-season off against Blue Square Bet North side Gainsborough who are a division higher than us, although you wouldn’t have known it as after just 20 minutes we were 3-0 up through goals from Cameron Brannagan, David Moli and new signing Jordan Brown. The visitors did get their act together as goals either side of half time looked as if it was going to give them a way back into the game but we killed the game off as Alex O’Hanlon and Andy Hewitt netted to secure a surprise result for us.

22.07.15 - Friendly - Long Eaton United v Matlock Town : 2-2 : Our 2nd pre-season game saw us once again take on Blue Square Bet North opposition in the form of Matlock Town but after 16 minutes their quality showed as Matt Richards put them 1-0 up. We responded well though as Charlie Sheringham got off the mark just 6 minutes later but Matlock once again took the lead 11 minutes from full time to put them 2-1 up. We have a never say die attitude though and that attitude shone through 3 minutes from time as Craig Henderson, who spent much of last season playing in the reserves on an amateur contract leveled things up for us to leave the game evenly poised.

25.07.15 - Friendly - Carlton Town v Long Eaton United : 0-4 : We went into our last game of July against Carlton Town, who we defeated in the semi final of the Northern League Challenge Cup last season and this season proved to be no different as goals from Will Aimson, Charlie Sheringham, Jordan Brown and the forgotten man of Long Eaton, Sean Mullen were enough to give us an easy victory.

• 1 month later...

Long Eaton United - August 2015/16

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

01.08.13 - Friendly - Congleton Town v Long Eaton United : 0-1 : Our final pre-season game saw us travel to lowly Congleton in a match which was nothing more than a gentle warm up in preparation for the new season. Despite their lowly league status, they did give us quite a game but in the end our quality shone through as the forgotten man Sean Mullen, who played most of last season in the reserves on an amateur conract, got the deciding goal 3 minutes from full time with his 2nd goal in as many games. Maybe this is the season that he could get his chance?

08.08.13 - Northern Premier League - Long Eaton United v FC United of Manchester : 3-2 : We kicked our Northern Premier League season off with us welcoming FC United of Manchester to Grange Park and soon raced into a 3 goal lead thanks to a brace from David Moli and a debut goal from loanee Colin Daniel. The away side showed some good character in the second half to pull 2 goals back but we had enough about ourselves to hold on to the win and take all 3 points.

11.08.13 - Northern Premier League - Frickley Athletic v Long Eaton United : 1-2 : Again we raced into an early lead as Sean Mullen and Will Aimson put us 2-0 up after just 6 minutes. With that lead, I was happy to sit back and protect it as Frickley produced very little throughout the rest of the game with their only goal coming as nothing more than a consolation in the 90th minute.

15.08.13 - Northern Premier League - Long Eaton United v Ilkeston : 4-0 : A local derby with our near neighbours Ilkeston saw us trounce them 4-0 and take all 3 points and the bragging rights as Charlie Sheringham Alex O’Hanlon, Will Aimson and an own goal from Chris Martin secured the points for us.

22.08.13 - Northern Premier League - Long Eaton United v Ashton United : 0-0 : After 3 straight league wins we faced more of a challenge as high-flying Ashton made the trip to Grange Park. With both us and them in decent form over recent weeks, it was no real surprise that the game ended in a draw as we shared the spoils.

29.08.13 - Northern Premier League - Grantham Town v Long Eaton United : 1-2 : We rounded the month off with a visit to South Kesteven Stadium looking to keep up with the early pace setters. The 24th minute mark saw Charlie Sheringham put us into the lead as he struck his 2nd goal of the season and then just 11 minutes later he doubled his and our tally to take us in at half time 2-0 up. Grantham came out in the 2nd half looking more lively and on 57 minutes they pulled a goal back through Karl Demidh but as they pushed for an equalizer, they were reduced to firstly 10 men on 84 minutes and then 9 men right on full time, leaving us to walk away with all of the points and sitting 2nd in the table at the end of the month.

August League Table : A fantastic start to life in the Northern Premier League for us as 4 wins and a draw in our first 5 games leaves us sitting 2nd in the table, level on points with Nantwich Town. We’re scoring goals too as we’ve hit 11 in 5 with Charlie Sheringham and David Moli leading our scoring charts with 5 between them.

Glad to see you back.
Indeed, welcome back and hope your good start to the season continues :thup:
Welcome back and good to see you start the season well. :thup:

Cheers fella's. Damn real life getting in the way!!!

Steady start for us considering we're the new boys of the division. Previous FM's have shown me that there's not much difference in quality between tier 10 and tier 7 so I wouldn't be surprised if we had no problems adjusting to tier 7, although mid table is the boards only expectation this season.

Long Eaton United - September 2015/16

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

01.09.15 - Northern Premier League - Nantwich Town v Long Eaton United : 3-0 : We started September with a trip to high flying Nantwich Town who sat top of the table going into the game…and their performance showed why they were top as they totally outclassed us despite our high percentage of possession as they ran out comfortable 3-0 winners, which inflicted the first defeat of the season on us.

05.09.15 - Northern Premier League - Long Eaton United v Kendal Town : 3-0 : After receiving a footballing lesson from Nantwich previously, the last team we wanted to face were Kendal Town who were a place behind us and hot on our heels in good form. But their recent good form failed to materialize as goals from Cameron Brannagan, David Moli and Charlie Sheringham were enough to give us all 3 points and put us back on the road to victories.

12.09.15 - Northern Premier League - Witton Albion v Long Eaton United : 2-3 : Things went well for us in this game as 2 goals in the 1st half from David Moli had put us 2-0 up going in at half time and looking comfortable. Witton pulled a goal back 10 minutes after the restart but Charlie Sheringham restored our 2 goal cushion with his 5th goal of the season 20 minutes from full time. Witton pulled another goal back 6 minutes from time to ensure a nervy end to the game for us but we showed good character and hung onto the win to take the points.

19.09.15 - Northern Premier League - Workington v Long Eaton United : 0-2 : We continued our fine early season form as Charlie Sheringham’s 6th and 7th goal of the season secured the points for us in a game which saw Workington rarely threaten our goal.

23.09.15 - Northern Premier League - Long Eaton United v Burscough : 4-1 : We welcomed Burscough to Grange Park looking to make it 4 straight wins in a row and after 18 minutes, Will Aimson set us on our way to achieving that. Charlie Sheringham doubled our advantage with his 8th goal of the season on 22 minutes and then 5 minutes later Colin Daniel made it 3-0 with his 2nd goal of the season to effectively end the game as a contest. Burscough pulled a goal back 5 minutes after the restart but just 2 minutes later, Charlie Sheringham struck his 9th goal of the season to restore our 3 goal cushion as we saw the game out to win 4-1.

26.09.15 - Northern Premier League - Long Eaton United v Stalybridge Celtic : 0-1 : Our bubble had to burst sometime and this game was it as we fell behind early on and never really got back into the match. To top it off, our on loan midfielder Jordan Brown got injured and will be sidelined for 3 weeks.

30.09.15 - Northern Premier League - Marine v Long Eaton United : 0-0 : Our final game of September saw us play out a boring 0-0 draw with Marine leaving us sitting top of the table, level on points with Kendal Town but with a better goal difference.

September League Table : With the season in full swing now, we’ve continued our fine early season form, claiming 26 points in 12 games, leaving us sitting top of the table on goal difference. Much of that is down to our front two, Charlie Sheringham and David Moli, who have 14 goals between them (Sheringham 9, Moli 5) with players like Colin Daniel and Will Aimson also getting in on the goal scoring action. Of course it’s only September but I couldn’t of asked for a better start to our season

Long Eaton United - October 2015/16

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

03.10.15 - FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Bedford Town v Long Eaton United : 0-0 : A boring 0-0 draw, which we were lucky to get, ensures that we’ll meet Bedford again in 4 days time to decide who’ll go through to the next round.

07.10.15 - FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round replay - Long Eaton United v Bedford Town : 1-0 : Days earlier saw us get a lucky draw against Bedford but the replay at Grange Park was a different story as we limited their chances and grabbed ours when we had the opportunity as Will Aimson’s 4th goal of the season ensured our passage into the next round.

10.10.15 - Northern Premier League - Vauxhall Motors v Long Eaton United : 0-1 : It was back to league action for us as we welcomed struggling Vauxhall Motors to Grange Park. Although they were struggling in the league, their performance showed otherwise as they coped with any pressure we put on them…until that is, the 85th minute when David Moli broke the offside trap to net his 6th goal of the season. Our central defender Rob Holding picked up a 2nd yellow card late in the game but it was of no importance as we held on to the win.

14.10.15 - Northern Premier League - Long Eaton United v Colwyn Bay : 6-0 : We made mince meat out of bottom of the league Colwyn Bay as a hat-trick from Colin Daniel and strikes from Cameron Brannagan, Will Aimson and Charlie Sheringham guaranteed a dominant win for us while also boosting our goal difference.

17.10.15 - Northern League Challenge Cup 2nd Round - Long Eaton United v Liversedge AFC : 2-1 : A fairly comfortable game for us despite the close looking score line as we dominated the game as goals from Charlie Sheringham, his 11th of the season and Cameron Brannagan’s 3rd of the season were enough to send us into the next round.

21.10.15 - FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round - AFC Emley v Long Eaton United : 1-4 : We made the trip to non-league amateurs AFC Emley with us expecting an easy win and that proved to be the case even with us resting a lot of our 1st team players. Sean Mullen opened the scoring for us on 5 minutes with his 2nd goal of the season and then just 3 minutes later, David Moli effectively ended the tie already with his 7th goal of the season. Another quick fire goal on 11 minutes from Jordan Williams’ 1st goal of the season made it 3-0 and David Moli grabbed his 2nd of the evening to put us into an unassailable lead. AFC Emly pulled a goal back on 67 minutes but the damage had been done in 26 first half minutes as we easily progress to the next round.

25.10.15 - Northern Premier League - Warrington v Long Eaton United : 1-4 : Our recent fine goal scoring form continued against Warrington as we struck 4 more in this game, making it 16 goals in the last 4 games. On loan Jordan Brown hit his 1st goal of the season on 12 minutes to put us 1-0 up and then 4 minutes later, new signing Adam Nditi made it 2-0 with his 1st of the season and 1st for the club. Another one of our loan stars Colin Daniel grabbed 2 more goals either side of John Popoola’s solitary goal to give us another victory and strengthen our lead at the top of the table.

31.10.15 - FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - Long Eaton United v Grimsby Town : 1-0 : After easily dispensing of amateur side AFC Emley in the previous round, we were awarded with a much trickier tie against Blue Square Premier side Grimsby Town, who were hot favourites to progress to the next round. But that wasn’t the case as Charlie Sheringham nodded in his 12th goal of the season from a corner 3 minutes before the break to ensure that we’re in the hat for the FA Cup 1st round proper for the 1st time in the clubs history! :)

October League Table : 7 wins in 8 games (3 league wins and 4 cup wins) in the month of October fires us to the top of the league and into both the FA Cup 1st round proper and Northern League Challenge Cup 3rd round. Charlie Sheringham has already hit double figures for the season as he sits on 12 goals in all competitions while David Moli and Colin Daniel have also chipped in with a few too with 8 goals and 7 goals respectively. October also saw us bring in a few new faces as we strengthened the squad with the arrival of Tanzanian international Adam Nditi, Congolese international Damien Mozika and Karl Moore, who we had on loan from Halifax Town last season.

Long Eaton United - November 2015/16

LEUFC.png

Long Eaton United

03.11.15 - Northern Premier League - Newcastle Town v Long Eaton United : 1-0 : November saw us start the month off travelling to Nobby’s Newcastle Town looking to extend our fine run and the early signs were looking good as we created a couple of good chances. We failed to convert them though as Newcastle Town capitalized on their limited chances to clinch the game 1-0 and end our run of 7 wins on the bounce.

07.11.15 - FA Cup 1st Round - Long Eaton United v Grantham Town : 2-0 : Lady luck was on our side as we drew fellow Northern Premier League side Grantham Town in the FA Cup 1st round proper but there was no luck concerning our win as we totally dominated the game with Cameron Brannagan striking his 4th goal of the season on 25 minutes and Adam Nditi sealing the win with his 2nd goal of the season a minute before half time ensuring our place in the 2nd round!

18.11.15 - Northern Premier League - Long Eaton United v Buxton : 2-0 : We had a good 11 day break before we played this game so it gave us a chance to rest and recuperate and that break proved to be vital for us as the players looked fresh and reinvigorated as Charlie Sheringham grabbed his 13th and 14th goals of the season to claim all 3 points for us.

21.11.15 - Northern Premier League - Whitby Town v Long Eaton United : 2-3 : A rollercoaster of a game for us as we went 1-0 up after just 4 minutes through Cameron Brannagan’s 5th goal of the season but fell back on level terms 5 minutes later through Paul Hutchinson. Whitby took the lead just after the restart but Cameron Brannagan struck his 2nd goal of the game, his 6th goal of the season to put us back on level terms and it was left to Karl Moore to hit his 1st goal of the season to win the game for us.

25.11.15 - Northern League Challenge Cup 3rd Round - Rocester v Long Eaton United : 0-0 : An away tie against Midland Football Alliance side Rocester should’ve been a fairly comfortable game for us but it turned out to be anything but as we struggled to break them down meaning we have to meet them again in 3 days time.

28.11.15 - Northern League Challenge Cup 3rd Round replay - Long Eaton United v Rocester : 2-0 : 3 days earlier saw us struggle against Rocester but at home, we’re a different opposition as we dominated the game from 1st to last with David Moli coming off the bench to net his 9th goal of the season and Colin Daniel wrapping up the win for us with 8th of the season ensuring we’re in the hat for the 4th round.

November League Table : Another good month for us which sees us sitting at the top of the table by a point with 2 games in hand and also in the hat for the 2nd round of the FA Cup (where we play Kettering Town) and the 4th round of the Northern League Challenge Cup (where we meet Prescot Cables).

You'll probably walk that. You'll sign Michael Brown as a 40 year old player/coach with 1 for pace :D. Has he retired yet? You signed Mozika as well. Awesome name. Karl Moore is ex Man City isn't he?

He hasn't retired yet but he's a free agent as a player/coach. He's not interested in joining us though :(. Karl Moore is the former Man City youth player although never made senior appearance for them; he spent a few years playing in Ireland before we had him on loan last season and signed him permanently this season from Halifax. The lower English leagues are always funny leagues as a couple of decent signings and you can make big strides...I've been playing LLM too long to know that :D. BSN/BSP is the turning point where the challenge starts, have you seen dafuge's thread? Took him a while to get out of it. As long as we can get out of the depths and up to BSN/BSP it should mean we can look at turning pro :)

I have seen his thread and his troubles. But, if you can get clear, you should be straight forward. Biggest club in Derby now aren't you :D.

We were the biggest club in Derby when we were in the Northern Counties East Prem!!! ;):D

Archived