[FM13] English pyramid down to level 9 + extras

realy thanks for this...but please once you can add playoffs to the 9 leagues....its so immportant..thanks mate....keep going.

In real life there are no play offs at level 9. Only the league champions win promotion from those leagues.

There are play offs at level 8 though. I added them in v1.07.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In real life there are no play offs at level 9. Only the league champions win promotion from those leagues.

There are play offs at level 8 though. I added them in v1.07.

o realy sorry!!!dont know it..im from greece.... so if its already complete LETS PLAY THEN!!!!! THANKS!!!!! :)))

I tried to start a game with my local club Gresley FC who are currently in level eight, However they don't seem to be entered for the FA Cup, Even though they are in real life. :S

This uses the default FA Cup that SI made, so only a random few level 8 teams will be selected for the qualifying round. I think if you get promoted to level 7 you'll enter it automatically.

I have edited my database with transfers,etc. what would happen if I downloaded this please.

I don't know. All you can do is select both databases when setting up a new game, and take a look to see if they work in-game. Should be fine, but sometimes problems occur when more than 1 database is ticked.

Erimus.... Great work by you here and thanks for your time and effort.

What I'd like to do, using your database here is to edit some of the team names so that they will represent teams from the local villages around where I live. The team names will be fictitious of course and I'll probably only edit the actual team names and leave stuff like player names, staff, stadium etc, etc as they are, is this possible for me to do? And can you tell me how to do this with the editor please?

Thanks.... Jon T.

Erimus.... Great work by you here and thanks for your time and effort.

What I'd like to do, using your database here is to edit some of the team names so that they will represent teams from the local villages around where I live. The team names will be fictitious of course and I'll probably only edit the actual team names and leave stuff like player names, staff, stadium etc, etc as they are, is this possible for me to do? And can you tell me how to do this with the editor please?

Thanks.... Jon T.

If you're just changing team names its pretty simple to do.

Load the database into your editor.

Once its loaded, under 'Menu', click Database.

Under Database, click Clubs.

In the search box (next to Filter), type the name of a team you want to replace.

Double click the team when its name appears.

Then its just a case of typing the new team name over the one you're changing.

If you want to change kits you'll see on the left hand panel (under the teams name), lots of stuff you can change, one of them is kits & colours. Clicking that will bring up the panel to change them.

When finished save you DB. Thats it :)

If you're just changing team names its pretty simple to do.

Load the database into your editor.

Once its loaded, under 'Menu', click Database.

Under Database, click Clubs.

In the search box (next to Filter), type the name of a team you want to replace.

Double click the team when its name appears.

Then its just a case of typing the new team name over the one you're changing.

If you want to change kits you'll see on the left hand panel (under the teams name), lots of stuff you can change, one of them is kits & colours. Clicking that will bring up the panel to change them.

When finished save you DB. Thats it :)

Yes, now this is were my problem is mate, I don't know the names of the specific teams I want to change... is there any way of getting up, say, all the North West Counties teams so that I can decide which ones to edit?

Sorry to be a pain mate!

Ok, follow the steps above but instead of clicking "Clubs", click "Competitions".

Now in the search box type "north west counties"

This will bring up all the North West Counties leagues.

Double click "North West Counties Premier"

This will bring up the competition details and on the left hand panel click "Teams"

All teams in that league will now a appear and you can double click on the one you want to edit from there.

Once you've made your edits, click on Database (under Menu) and it'll take you back to the competition list, and you can just repeat the steps from there.

Erimus......

I managed to edit in all the teams I wanted to, saved data, booted up the game and they're all showing. I'm now playing FM 13 as manager of my village team, in North West Counties Premier...hahaha, all thanks to you and your great work here bro!

One thing of note though.... I don't know if it's because of this edited data or whether it was just something that happens sometimes but at the start of the season the game sold virtually the whole of my first team squad, well I say sold but they all went on frees of course cause they're nearly all on none contract terms. Fortunately I was able to get 4 or 5 new players in and took a few from my youth squad who don't look too bad so I can at least field a reasonable team.

Erimus......

I managed to edit in all the teams I wanted to, saved data, booted up the game and they're all showing. I'm now playing FM 13 as manager of my village team, in North West Counties Premier...hahaha, all thanks to you and your great work here bro!

One thing of note though.... I don't know if it's because of this edited data or whether it was just something that happens sometimes but at the start of the season the game sold virtually the whole of my first team squad, well I say sold but they all went on frees of course cause they're nearly all on none contract terms. Fortunately I was able to get 4 or 5 new players in and took a few from my youth squad who don't look too bad so I can at least field a reasonable team.

If your team has amateur status its hard to keep hold of players since they're mostly on non-contracts, so other teams will come in an poach them. Expect to have a high turn-over of playing staff while you're an amateur club. It can be frustrating but it adds to the challenge. Also if you spot a team making an approach for one of your players, often offering him a new contract (even on the same terms) will get him to stay with you.

If you get promoted and start doing well, your board may make the club go semi-pro, then it'll become easier to keep your squad together by getting them on part-time contracts.

Good luck :)

Is there any plans to include a FA cup restructure in any future updates? I love the lower leagues but it's imposible to make any money without a cup run.

Sorry, no plans on adding an extended FA Cup for this. I think FCUtdWills L10 db will have one tough when its released.

If you can have a good run in the FA Vase to the Semi-Finals you'll earn around 25K, and another 15K for winning it. That's a fortune to a level 9 club :)

Been playing for the best part of two days - very impressed with all the work done :)

The correct competition names and real German/Dutch players patch work too :)

Impressed with the speed of the game in the first season but got a lot slower in season 2 - not a problem as I expected that - gives me a chance to watch films while playing FM :D

Thanks for all the hard work

Actually won my division in season 1 by 15 points but season 2 a bit harder and cocked up my finances by snapping up a load of hot prospects - will start a new game tomorrow and will try to develop my youth intake into some decent players and not get too carried away :D

Good work but your cups in the Northern League are completely wrong the 2 cups you have are both Senior Cups but you have the whole league playing them. He are the proper cups http://www.northernleague.org/league/nl_cups.php hope this helps.

If you read post #10 you'll see why lower league cups aren't something I'm a fan of.

And if you read post #47 you'll see the compromise I eventually made by adding a less process-intensive version of them them since a few people wanted them.

I personally remove them when setting up a new game as they slow my computer down too much, but thanks for the link though, that'll come in handy if I ever do an update for this :)

Just a quick question:

You note in the OP that I should not load other databases. Does that include foreign ones? ....I have one for Japan that I would like to load.

It should be ok. Last year some people had problems when more than one database was loaded, but this year I haven't noticed any problems with this version so far. The warning is just a precaution.

Hi Erimus, great job- out of curiosity is there any reason you didn't add relegation from the lowest divisions? Was it a logistics/time thing? Apologies if you've mentioned it above, believe me I've had a thorough read ;)

I couldn't get it working properly. Post #30 sort of explains the problem. I think there was / is a problem with promotion & relegation from inactive leagues at the moment.

Although I'm not European and I'm learning the game of football (we have Canadian & American football...totally different), I've chosen to play as London in the lowest playing league. Just finished my first season and finished 3rd. Now coming into my 2nd season, a lot of my first team players have been picked up. The database has been running smoothly for me. Thanks again for your work!

Evening, playing as Canterbury City (Kent Prem Division). I take it amateur clubs are unable to sign players? Odd one or two of mine keep getting poached by semi pro's but it wont allow me to sign anyone. I was under a transfer embargo for the first 6 months and im still in admin but I am now able to offer contracts. Any ideas?

Amateur clubs can sign players, you just can't offer them long term contracts. You can sign players on non-contract deals, usually for a token £1 appearance money. Just search for out of contract players. Although still being in admin could be preventing you for the time being. Not 100% sure on this though as I've never managed a club in admin before.

You'll always get your players poached by other clubs while in amateur status. But you can do the same to other amateur clubs. I usually have a high-turn over of playing staff for the first few months of a season before the transfer activity dies down.

Cant sign players from other amateur clubs, cant sign players with no club. I have no option anywhere to offer them a non contract deal. Just held a trials day and cant sign any of them

edit: unless im missing something blindingly obvious, which i dont think i am

edit again: it was the admin. news story just came up about canterbury city bankers strengthening the clubs financial position to be able to refuse and negotitate transfers, happy days!

Hi, I've downloaded and installed the update, it's alla very clear and well running, and I really appreciate it. I'd only to know, before starting a long term save, if anyone has tested such update over the seasons, to understand whether it's stable and we cvan rely on it even on the long term. thank you!!!

Great update but there's one thing I can't work out. I downloaded the non-county cups version but I don't seem to be in any cups. I'm in late September and have had no cup draws, and teams are currently playing in the second qualifying round of the F.A. Cup. Any ideas?

Sorry if I've missed anything.

Great update but there's one thing I can't work out. I downloaded the non-county cups version but I don't seem to be in any cups. I'm in late September and have had no cup draws, and teams are currently playing in the second qualifying round of the F.A. Cup. Any ideas?

Sorry if I've missed anything.

Only 5 or 6 teams from the 294 level 9 teams take part in the FA Cup (its the default SI cup). So its pot luck whether or not your team will get a place in that cup while you're playing in a level 9 league. Once your team gets promoted to level 8 your chances of FA Cup participation grow, and once in level 7 I think you're entered automatically.

All level 9 teams will play in the FA Vase. The qualifying round is in September. If you didn't get drawn in that round, you'll be starting in the 1st round proper which takes place around October 15th.

impossible to play with the new patch !! :(

Yeah, unfortunately FM13.2 is bugged. I've submitted a bug report. But luckily its an easy fix in the editor, all I had to do was leave the "division for promoted teams" field blank in the editor, and it bypasses the bug.

The new FM13.2 compatible version is now available for download from the link in post #1.

Archived