fm13 - steam says turkish version only supports turkish language - why?

1) There are other countries, like much of the former USSR, where it is impossible to play in English.

Does not make it any less racist. Does not make it less disrespectful. Does not make it less inconsiderate.

2) Deeply racist? Get a sense of perspective. It might be inconsiderate, but it isn't racist.

I'd like to see a logical explanation to the presumption of residents of a certain country/countries to be potential criminals waiting for the first opportunity to pirate the game. And tell them "no you cannot use the software with its intended/original language, you'll have to make do with the translated one".

And I'm the guy who actually hates the ones who yell "racist! rasicm!" at every single damn opportunity. Says a lot, doesn't it?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does not make it any less racist. Does not make it less disrespectful. Does not make it less inconsiderate.

I'd like to see a logical explanation to the presumption of residents of a certain country/countries to be potential criminals waiting for the first opportunity to pirate the game. And tell them "no you cannot use the software with its intended/original language, you'll have to make do with the translated one".

And I'm the guy who actually hates the ones who yell "racist! rasicm!" at every single damn opportunity. Says a lot, doesn't it?

It's not racist:)

It's just a normal EU/US attitude towards the third world counties - Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, etc. Nothing personal, just business.

Everybody is equal, but some people(nations is this case) are a bit more equal.

I understand why SEGA/Steam people do this (local language only for the games released in 'red flag' territories piracy-wise for their legal). Thay's how it works with films in Russia. Though price on such release is normally 3-5 times lower than in Europe. You get local only, but for acceptable price. Legal anti-piracy compromise.

I just hope they will use this rule for hard-copies only and that English version will be re-opened on Steam. Steam version costs the same as in the rest of Europe/US. Average salary in Ukraine is 300 USD. The game is 40.

10 Euro for Russian version?:lol: What bank changes Euro to USD at 1 to 4 rate? Russian only Steam version for former USSR costs 39.99 USD. It was the same last year, but we had all languages (apart from Russian) available on Steam.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about, why play the smartass? Who cares about Steam store, bar sales? It is sold for 400 RUB in Russian stores which is 10 euros. That's why the game is only in Russian, so the rest of the world doesn't get it for 10 euros. Same as most games sold in Russia.

This is some sort of joke surely. Every freaking year there's a thread full of Turkish guys asking for FM to be released in Turkish. Every year. Now its going to be released in Turkish, and there's a thread full of Turkish guys who want to play it in English, accusing SI of somehow being racist. WTF, sort your lives out and stop trolling.

What 'legal reasons' could there possibly be?

If the English (Or other European language) version was available to purchase in Turkey last year, why did they take it away when they introduced the translated version? It's not particularly hard to ask upon install what language the user would prefer if the game already supports those languages.

It's not relevant for me, but i'm very curious about this. SI could make all of the Turkish players happy by giving them a choice of language like most, if not all other regions enjoy. These guys deserve an official response.

Something awkward situation going on about Football Manager 2013 Turkish version. If you logging in or going on Steam from Turkish IP address you just have "only one" option to buy FM 13 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/216590) there is no way to buy UK or Europe version (http://store.steampowered.com/app/207890).

If you try to buy 207890 coded normal version game on Turkey, Steam directs you to buy 216590 coded only Turkish available version. That seems very unfair for foreigners living in Turkey or people who want to play English in Turkey.

They have enough other places to buy the English/ML game from than Steam: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/314547-25-off-FM13-pre-order.?p=8076167&viewfull=1#post8076167 (the game has to be played on Steam anyway)

The Russian version of Football Manager is only in Russian, because it costs 10 euro.

And yes, this is the core reason for this, and it makes it rather legitimate IMO. Of course the Steam price for http://store.steampowered.com/app/216610/ is ~23€ and thus rather high, but I'm sure the retail versions will come out far cheaper. FM2012's Russian-only version costs about 5€ these days.

I'm sure the ridiculous $40 price demanded on the Turkish Steam is far higher than what it will cost via retail or similar in the end.

I would like to point out that I'm German, the game is not sold in my country, and the German language option was removed a few versions ago. Can I have a cookie?

Oh, and don't forget that the Korean version is only playable in Korean. It is the same TR, KR, RU lineup for FM2013. And then there's a Press version of course.

And yes, this is the core reason for this, and it makes it rather legitimate IMO. Of course the Steam price for http://store.steampowered.com/app/216610/ is ~23€ and thus rather high, but I'm sure the retail versions will come out far cheaper. FM2012's Russian-only version costs about 5€ these days.

I'm sure the ridiculous $40 price demanded on the Turkish Steam is far higher than what it will cost via retail or similar in the end.

How, how 40 USD is 23 Euro (according to your link)? Russian only version on Steam is 39.99 USD it means - 30.5 Euro.

Russian only retail box-copy will cost no less than 1000 RUB = 25 Euro, and this is only relevant for those people that live in Russia and can get a copy in local shops.

For us, living in Ukraine it's quite hard to find a retail disc copy. While Steam now offers (at the same price as 2012, 2011, which were English) Russian version only.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about, why play the smartass? Who cares about Steam store, bar sales? It is sold for 400 RUB in Russian stores which is 10 euros. That's why the game is only in Russian, so the rest of the world doesn't get it for 10 euros. Same as most games sold in Russia.

Please send me a link to a store that sells FM 2013 for 400 RUB. Digitally. Before that - go and ... youself.

It will be 900-1500 RUB in stores for Russian only disc. As it was since 2009

I don't give a damn about prices in Moscow game shops - I live in Ukraine and use Steam. Steam was/is 39.99 USD. Last year I got normal English version for those 39.99 and now it's only Russian. That's it,

The Russian Steam price is 900 rub = 23€. That it's more expensive in Ukraine is something you need to take up with SEGA. I can't recall exactly what the Russian version of FM12 was at launch (obviously as a German who speaks no Russian such information is nothing I write down), but I'm sure retail keys weren't too expensive. I spent 25 pounds on it, 's all I can see here.

And as I said, now it's 200 rub for FM2012 in web places that Ukrainians too can buy from.

-> I expect FM13 to be between 400 and 600 rub. If you don't want to buy Steam keys you can start your own personal moaning thread.

To all those coming out with ridiculous, over the top claims that SI are racist or other such nonsense, why doesn't everyone instead ask what the legal reasons are that Neil Brock hinted at?

Yeah that is illegal but then it wouldn't actually work due to the restrictions we've had to put in for legal reasons.

Clearly SI have had to release it in Turkish for reasons beyond their own design decisions or choices.

The Turkish market's campaign to get a Turkish language FM has succeeded. Surely the best course of action now is to the buy the Turkish FM rather than pirate it, as has been a problem in the country in the past, and make enough sales for SI to then go back to their legal team with data in order to include Turkish in future additions of the normal release?

At the moment, for all you know there could be EU regulations, Turkish content laws or anything that SI have to contend with. How about looking at the facts first instead of jumping into emotional hysterics and claiming racism?

The Russian Steam price is 900 rub = 23€. That it's more expensive in Ukraine is something you need to take up with SEGA. I can't recall exactly what the Russian version of FM12 was at launch (obviously as a German who speaks no Russian such information is nothing I write down), but I'm sure retail keys weren't too expensive. I spent 25 pounds on it, 's all I can see here.

And as I said, now it's 200 rub for FM2012 in web places that Ukrainians too can buy from.

-> I expect FM13 to be between 400 and 600 rub. If you don't want to buy Steam keys you can start your own personal moaning thread.

http://shop.1csc.ru/product/20433 it is 900 RUB. In Russian Softclub store.

At the moment, for all you know there could be EU regulations, Turkish content laws or anything that SI have to contend with. How about looking at the facts first instead of jumping into emotional hysterics and claiming racism?

That's completely in SEGA hands and they just do what other western companies do - license local only lang versions of a programme/film, etc in order to avoid pirated versions from that region getting to EU/US. OK move for box-copies, but crazy for Steam sales (where prices stay the same as for a normal-world version).

That's completely in SEGA hands and they just do what other western companies do - license local only lang versions of a programme/film, etc in order to avoid pirated versions from that region getting to EU/US. OK move for box-copies, but crazy for Steam sales (where prices stay the same as for a normal-world version).

Still though, Neil Brock has cited legal issues which would be a ruling from above, and therefore out of SI's hands. Those claiming racism are being ridiculous.

If the decision has been taken by SEGA to limit the range of languages due to piracy, then the best thing Turkish players who want to play in Turkish can do is to buy the Turkish version and prove to the publishers and distributors that their local market buys rather than pirates. Otherwise it's too much of risk.

then the best thing Turkish players who want to play in Turkish can do is to buy the Turkish version and prove to the publishers and distributors that their local market buys rather than pirates. Otherwise it's too much of risk.

That won't help. The same licensing rules are being used in CIS for films/programmes and games for a long time. Quite often you can buy a full version of a film for a higher fee.

That's not the case for Turkey/Ukraine FM sales - price is as high as before while you only get a local version.

This is some sort of joke surely. Every freaking year there's a thread full of Turkish guys asking for FM to be released in Turkish. Every year. Now its going to be released in Turkish, and there's a thread full of Turkish guys who want to play it in English, accusing SI of somehow being racist. WTF, sort your lives out and stop trolling.

Big population..People with different backgrounds..Different needs.. Simple as that...

If you can switch from English to German today if you like to, I should be able to switch from Turkish to English if i like to..

I play this game since 93 in English so there is no way I would change to Turkish even it's available...But how about a guy with no English and would like to play the game in Turkish ? If we pay the same money to buy the game, we should have the same rights..Am i wrong ?

Last year, FM12 got released in Turkish Steam market with all languages made available to European countries. Right now, FM13 is only available in Turkish because of... what? That's what I'd like to find out. Why is it not available with all languages?

Piracy? If piracy was a concern, why did they made FM12 available in all languages? Because they had no other option? And also, there isn't even a single Turkish scene group in piracy who can clone the game AFAIK.

Is the game cheaper in retail? No, it's not. Not compared to the Steam version which is available for 39$. It's made available for 72 Turkish liras. Google "72 try to eur" and "72 try to usd" if you want. It means, respectively, 29€ and 39$.

Now, some people are accusing us, claiming that we want too much. Too much? Are you kidding me? I just want to be able to play the game with a multi-language version. Sure, I can go and buy an English steam key from Green Man Gaming (don't know for sure if it'll work or not, btw), but I also want to try out the game in Turkish aswell. If I can't do this with a single copy, it feels so unfair as most of the European countries can play the same game both in their native language and English without any problem.

We want an official answer, that's it.

Please send me a link to a store that sells FM 2013 for 400 RUB. Digitally. Before that - go and ... youself.

It will be 900-1500 RUB in stores for Russian only disc. As it was since 2009

I don't give a damn about prices in Moscow game shops - I live in Ukraine and use Steam. Steam was/is 39.99 USD. Last year I got normal English version for those 39.99 and now it's only Russian. That's it,

Dude, we are talking about Russian language all along, which obviously means we are talking about Russia and Russian prices, not distribution in Ukraine. Since you obviously know Russian, I'm baffled you can't find a proper store. I'll PM you one, although Luckz's one seems cheaper.

edit: actually we should be talking about Turkish, sorry about that :)

Piracy isn't the reason for the single language, since the game is released on the same date everywhere. It is pricing, for which the reason is piracy and standard of living. If the Turkish retail is same price as the EU version that's pretty unfair. Ask Steam support if you can activate an EU version from Turkey and if so, buy a normal key online.

The prices are the same in Turkey as every other country that use USD as currency in Steam. As we're not a part of the EU, we belong to the USD area of Steam.

edit - therefore, we're not getting it any cheaper such as the case in Russia. And everyone can buy the Steam game %25 percent off the regular price from Green Man Gaming, but it's not available in Turkish there. Only EFIGS and Polish.

edit2- I'm also giving you the retail price, which is the same as the Steam price, $39, €29.

Dude, we are talking about Russian language all along, which obviously means we are talking about Russia and Russian prices, not distribution in Ukraine. Since you obviously know Russian, I'm baffled you can't find a proper store.

Well, all CIS states tend to get lumped together on Steam. Ukraine here get the US price but the RU version. Of course this is a 'price bug' more than anything.

If you can switch from English to German today if you like to, I should be able to switch from Turkish to English if i like to..

But I can't switch from English to German, the game is not sold in German. But it's sold in Turkish.

The only freedom I have is to switch between US English and UK English.

I totally sympathise. I bought FM 2006 only to discover that I could play it in German, Czech or Italian (IIRC), but not in English. Thankfully SI released a patch that included the English language files. I really don't understand why in this day and age including at least the original language files is such a big issue. It's not like it's a big file and even if it were, with broadband internet access widespread, people can download stuff pretty quickly if they want to. And on steam, whether you download language A or B is neither here nor there from a resource point of view.

I like the fact that most games I buy on steam allow me to play in English rather than having to play a badly translated localised versions. Much like I don't like watching dubbed films, because the quality suffers in the process of dubbing (with the exception of things like "Twins" that were better in German because of Arnie's terrible English accent).

"Legal reasons" sounds really strange - surely SI own all the rights to the English language files (and the translations) and can thus do with them what they like. Or does SI have the English texts written by outsourced Indians/Chinese with a contract that only allows them to license the files for 3 countries? If so, the legal team needs to be fired ;)

Piracy is surely also a smoke and mirrors argument. It's not like it'll be soooooo incredibly difficult for a hacker group to get a hold of the English language files/version. The only people who suffer will be those who want to buy and play the game in English, but can't - i.e. legitimate customers. Who exactly is served by punishing them?

Choice is a good thing - let people who want the Turkish version have it in Turkish, those who want the English version can have it in English. We live in an age of great mobility - where many people live abroad and may not speak the language of the country they live in, only have a rudimentary grasp of it, or simply prefer their mother tongue or the original language version. There's also an educational benefit to original language works - just look at countries like the Netherlands of Finland where everything on TV is with sub-titles and in the original language. Everyone there speaks perfect English as a result!

To me, not being able to play FM in English would mean not buying it.

Piracy is surely also a smoke and mirrors argument. It's not like it'll be soooooo incredibly difficult for a hacker group to get a hold of the English language files/version.

I don't understand how piracy would factor in as an argument for locking down the language, from what I see it's more "make it cheap so people don't pirate; lock it down so only those people can use it". For what it's worth, the special versions of FM (RU, TR, KR etc) have entirely different exe files and try hard enough to be incompatible.

To all those coming out with ridiculous, over the top claims that SI are racist or other such nonsense, why doesn't everyone instead ask what the legal reasons are that Neil Brock hinted at?

Clearly SI have had to release it in Turkish for reasons beyond their own design decisions or choices.

The Turkish market's campaign to get a Turkish language FM has succeeded. Surely the best course of action now is to the buy the Turkish FM rather than pirate it, as has been a problem in the country in the past, and make enough sales for SI to then go back to their legal team with data in order to include Turkish in future additions of the normal release?

Personally i am not interested in reasons.. I am looking for easiest, least costing, and practical way to digitally buy FM 13 and when i try to do it via Steam ( as i get used to buy from there) i am encountering wierd problem, and forced to buy in Turkish.. Why am i supposed to buy& play Turkish, or change my practical and accustomed way to buy the game for the sake of people in my country that moaned about not being able to play in their mother tongue..

I think loyal customer satisfaction should be SI's first priority, as they're about to lose the like of us for the sake of gaining people that pireted their game for years..

I also believe, rectitude and integrity is way of thinking and mentality that can not be changed via strict rules and legal measures.. If they do not have a honest personality they would still try an d choose to pirate anyway..

SI have had major problems with piracy from both Turkey and Russia (more so than everywhere else), I think Miles said that pirated copies outnumbered legal ones by 4 to 1 in Turkey a few years ago in a thread when people were claiming it was racist that Turkish wasn't a selectable language. The minority who don't pirate the game suffer because of the actions of the majority who have shown that they do if they have the chance, not because SI are somehow racially discriminating against Turks. Before they were suffering because SI couldn't afford to translate the game, now they are suffering the much lesser hardship of having to look around if they want to play in a language other than their first language.

It's a similar situation to with Steam- everyone suffers because a significant number of FM players pirate the game.

SI have had major problems with piracy from both Turkey and Russia (more so than everywhere else), I think Miles said that pirated copies outnumbered legal ones by 4 to 1 in Turkey a few years ago in a thread when people were claiming it was racist that Turkish wasn't a selectable language. The minority who don't pirate the game suffer because of the actions of the majority who have shown that they do if they have the chance, not because SI are somehow racially discriminating against Turks. Before they were suffering because SI couldn't afford to translate the game, now they are suffering the much lesser hardship of having to look around if they want to play in a language other than their first language.

It's a similar situation to with Steam- everyone suffers because a significant number of FM players pirate the game.

I'd be happy with an explanation of, for example, how Turks being able to play FM 2012 in English via Steam last year caused or in any way helped/eased that version getting pirated (if it did). That would explain this whole farce once and for all but all the reasonings I'm ever seeing up on this point, well misses that particular point.

The game being frequently pirated (as in, acquiring and using an illegal copy) by the Turkish/Russian users is one thing and providing the game in these particular languages for reduced prices could be a possible solution. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody argues against this yet all the counter arguments I'm reading seem to be based on this fallacy.

But, denying an English based game to those countries implies that the pirating stems from these places and gets distributed worldwide; that is unfair and %100 surely was not the case in FM2012 (as it was available in English in here).

, denying an English based game to those countries implies that the pirating stems from these places and gets distributed worldwide; that is unfair and %100 surely was not the case in FM2012 (as it was available in English in here).

Nobody is *denying* you English FM, there are more than 10 websites you can easily buy digital versions from, plus whatever local retail/import options you have.

Surely making it Turkish-only will increase the piracy rate? I mean, some people will want to play it in English (or another language of their choice), increasing the temptation to seek out a pirated version.

I've always argued that the "piracy rate" is a misnomer, anyway. Nobody really cares about the piracy rate. What matters is sales. A hundred people pirating makes as many sales as a million people pirating. If you sell 100 copies of a game, the profit is the same whether the piracy rate is 1%, 50% or 1000%, as you've only sold 100 copies of the game. Making it Turkish-only will reduce the number of sales (because some Turks will want to play in English, as demonstrated by this thread). Maybe it will reduce the piracy rate as the English version is less accessible and hence more difficult to pirate within Turkey... But you've reduced sales. Pirates don't give you money - sales do.

If this decision is purely down to the piracy rate, it strikes me as a weird way of going about it. The constant mentions of the piracy rate in Turkey and this decision seems like a mini-threat of sorts ("the piracy rate is so high, we're going to make the game worse in Turkey"). The customers owe SI absolutely nothing! In an extreme case, SI might stop selling in Turkey due to a crippling piracy rate - all this will do is send piracy rates through the roof, as the product isn't available in Turkey! This is absolutely the wrong way of going about increasing sales and targeting pirates. You don't increase sales of your product by making it less sellable.

I would compare the piracy rate to the percentage of ginger-haired developers in the team. It's an interesting but ultimately meaningless statistic because changing the number by itself ultimately brings no change in sales and profit. It is, of course, something very useful to sell politically to senior management because nobody likes free-loaders.

"the piracy rate is so high, we're going to make the game worse in Turkey"

Offering the game in Turkish is "making it worse"? ^o)

In an extreme case, SI might stop selling in Turkey

They only just started. ^o)

As it turns out, Turkish version is to be priced slightly different than the international version hence it is not available in all languages+Turkish. So it seems that the reason for this seperation to be ungoing piracy concerns is unlikely. Would be better if it was made clear by someone from SI (and a lot them had browsed this thread it said at the bottom of the page) with a short explanation.

edit: scrap all that above, turkish price=international price. back to full rage mode, *sigh*.

Bu this still does not explain why the international/English version seperately was made and remains unavailable.

As a Turk who will buy the game in English version , I really don't understand why people complain. Since its cheaper sigames have rights to limit the game by one language. However I really have no clue why the standard version(english and other languages) does not have Turkish in it. Since you pay the full price you should be able to access all languages .

As a Turk who will buy the game in English version , I really don't understand why people complain. Since its cheaper sigames have rights to limit the game by one language. However I really have no clue why the standard version(english and other languages) does not have Turkish in it. Since you pay the full price you should be able to access all languages .

What do you mean by cheaper? It's cheaper in Russia - 30 USD (both - Steam and retail). Steam price for Ukraine (no official retail) and Turkey (don't know retail price) it is 39 USD - 100% as the last year.

Well well, i can understand SI is a company which needs to make profit and that is something reasonable but that doesn't mean you have right to be racist!

Yeah it is racism because you are selling the game for the same price (40$) but only giving a language to play.You are accusing whole country(That includes the legit customer's too) potential thieves,pirates.Let me tell you something the last time we saw assumptional actions are considered as certain crimes were in Nazi Germany.

Another point of view; If i am paying for something i would like to have it all even if i am not going to use it fully.That is my right isn't it?

Why should i pay full when i am getting a piece of it or sth?

Anyway that was a point.

Another point what makes me curious is; you are selling the game Turkish in Turkey and you are advertising as 100% Turkish - Fully Turkish etc etc.

So now i am curious, are you guys also have translated ToS/EULA/Rules whatever you call it into Turkish? Because if you didn't it is "Fraud" and people's may sue you(and actually i know some people's will in such case).

Hope you guys also have the translated version of ToS/EULA/Rules to avoid possible problem's.

I really don't understand why one of officials hasn't make clarified this issue still!? Isn't here an official forum for SI?? Many people in Turkey are discussing this issue with many ideas. There's a big information pollution..

I really don't understand why one of officials hasn't make clarified this issue still!? Isn't here an official forum for SI?? Many people in Turkey are discussing this issue with many ideas. There's a big information pollution..

It's clear as a sunny day my friend.. The're neglecting the valuable minority they played the game legally for years for the sake of preventing thieves that pirated the game for years..

and probably they're busy to calculate the profit expectancy for this year..

So the best thing to do is to avoid buying the game until they give us a chance to choose which language we'd like to play via Steam..

for Fm 14 my advice to them is: don't let the software to even work in Turkey so that nobody can play the game, thus can't be bought and pirated either..

What exactly is your overall problem? You want to know if the Turkish version is a separate one because of licensing (like South Korea I suppose) or price (Russia) or some mysterious other reasons?

You want to continue a futile protest towards being able to switch between English and Turkish in the same game?

You just want to protest the fact that it's a separate version because you like to get worked up about things?

You are/were too lazy to buy the English game for a relatively cheap price somewhere else than directly on Steam?

How about a poll? :D

I don't think any rationale person questions the predicament SI were in a few years ago in relation to Turkey. Translations are expensive. Naturally, SI wants it's game to reach as wide an audience as possible and to do this it needs to be translated into as many languages as possible, which consumes a lot of time and resources. At that time people were pirating the game because they didn't want to pay full price for a game that they perceived to be incomplete.

Now that it's available in Turkish the problem should be solved. That is one more language to add to the list of available languages for the user. But nope, Sega want to language lock their product in Turkey. Now they have legitimised the feelings of pirates in refusing to pay for an incomplete game; because an incomplete game is what they are getting. Why it is such a big problem to launch the same version of the game with all of the languages available to use? Sega are shooting themselves in the foot.

I suspect this isn't SI, as SI are just the developer. Sega is the publisher, so the buck stops with them.

Sega aren't the only one to region/lanuage lock their games. Have a read of this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/zxbmd/here_in_russia_and_the_cis_were_getting_our_own/

After appealing for a Russian version of the game, the developers of Borderlands 2 have caved in. But the game in Russia is being published exclusively in Russian. The publisher in Russia also has the rights to publish in form USSR countries, so people in countries such as Lithuania (Where a large proportion of the population doesn't speak a word of Russian) can only buy the Russian version of the game. They cannot play against users playing the regular version and nor will they be able to purchase DLC.

When will this madness stop; this anti-piracy tactic is turning former legitimate customers to piracy because they feel they're being treat unfairly. Meanwhile, hackers in other countries are still cracking the Non-region locked version of the game, so the piracy levels are not affected at all.

There is no logical reason to lock the language in a game to a particular region, there is no excuse for this practice. All it does is turn both existing and potential customers against you. This issues doesn't affect me, but it still infuriates me how these customers are treat.

Surely with previous piracy issues in mind it makes sense for SI to release a Turkish only version at a cheaper price than the multi language versions.

It allows them to reach valid customers within Turkey and make the game more affordable to the general population. I haven't looked into the pricing but a lot of people in this thread seem to be comparing the Steam price in Turkey to prices available on random websites or comparing it with the price of FM12. The only fair way to compare would be like for like, Steam FM13 prices or retail boxed FM13 prices.

Presuming the Turkish only version is cheaper then it makes sense. It puts off piracy within Turkey because the product is cheaper, cutting into the margins of anyone trying to pirate it on a mass scale and because its only available in Turkish there will be little to no demand for pirated versions outside of Turkish borders. I'm not up on piracy techniques but presuming it would take a reasonable amount of time, effort and cost to reproduce then SI are limiting the appeal of doing so.

There obviously will be exceptions but seriously its not like they've just told you they'll only be releasing FM13 in a language thats not generally spoken in the country. While individual posters might just be put out at not having the option to switch languages there are others that will have other motives for wanting a multi language version released there.

Turkish only version is the same price as US version of FM 13 (39.99 $) just different from AU (79.99 $), UK (%25 discount 29.99 £ = 49 $), EU (49.99 € = 65 $) and RU (899 pуб. = 29 $) prices. It has same price as at least with US but it's just Turkish so they asking why ?

This interesting thing not only about people in Turkey who speaks Turkish language; it involves who wants to play game in Turkish but lives in US,UK,EU etc. or foreigner who lives in Turkey (They are forced to play game in Turkish, cause especially Steam blocks Turkish IP's to see all language version.)

people in countries such as Lithuania (Where a large proportion of the population doesn't speak a word of Russian) can only buy the Russian version of the game.

It is ridiculously that it's published in LT in a language the majority there don't want their media in, but, like here with FM, they can still buy the English version of the game on the internet just fine.

(They are forced to play game in Turkish, cause especially Steam blocks Turkish IP's to see all language version.)

If they buy it on Steam with a Turkish IP, they are forced to play it in Turkish. If they buy it from anywhere else, they are not.

Surely with previous piracy issues in mind it makes sense for SI to release a Turkish only version at a cheaper price than the multi language versions.

It allows them to reach valid customers within Turkey and make the game more affordable to the general population. I haven't looked into the pricing but a lot of people in this thread seem to be comparing the Steam price in Turkey to prices available on random websites or comparing it with the price of FM12. The only fair way to compare would be like for like, Steam FM13 prices or retail boxed FM13 prices.

You make a reasonable point here. Sega are probably worried about legitimate users being gifted a discounted version of the product from Turkey. So to protect their margins, they're screwing over Turkish customers who will probably revert to piracy to get the game in the language they desire. There is no solution here, the price difference is down to bigger economic constraints.

Though to support this argument, there has to be a difference in the price, and some evidence to support how each price reflects their respective regions and economic environments. If there is a significant difference, they I can see why Sega have done what they have done.

Presuming the Turkish only version is cheaper then it makes sense. It puts off piracy within Turkey because the product is cheaper, cutting into the margins of anyone trying to pirate it on a mass scale and because its only available in Turkish there will be little to no demand for pirated versions outside of Turkish borders. I'm not up on piracy techniques but presuming it would take a reasonable amount of time, effort and cost to reproduce then SI are limiting the appeal of doing so.

There obviously will be exceptions but seriously its not like they've just told you they'll only be releasing FM13 in a language thats not generally spoken in the country. While individual posters might just be put out at not having the option to switch languages there are others that will have other motives for wanting a multi language version released there.

Part of the argument assumes that the hackers who crack the game originate in Turkey. The international version will likely still be hacked. There is always going to be a work around the region locking so that is also a non-issue. All Sega have done is isolate the country from the online servers and alienating those who don't speak the native language (Or prefer to play in English). Also as Oguz Kagan says, Turkish users outside of Turkey won't be able to buy the game in their language even though the translation exists. There happens to be a significant number of Turkish families in the EU who have emigrated, most notably to Germany. These actions will reduce the number of people in Turkey who are willing to purchase the product. It makes no sense to try to reclaim the customers who pirate when through the actions they take they are going to lose some of the legitimate customers.

It is ridiculously that it's published in LT in a language the majority there don't want their media in, but, like here with FM, they can still buy the English version of the game on the internet just fine.

If they buy it on Steam with a Turkish IP, they are forced to play it in Turkish. If they buy it from anywhere else, they are not.

But they are living in Turkey, so they can not play in English etc. without changing their ips with a vpn, tunnel or proxy and also Steam can cancelled their account cause they are in Turkey but they are trying to buy the game in as a person who lives in another country. They can think yes they paid much more money (If they buy from EU ip) but they are also bunch of cheaters.

What exactly is your overall problem? You want to know if the Turkish version is a separate one because of licensing (like South Korea I suppose) or price (Russia) or some mysterious other reasons?

You want to continue a futile protest towards being able to switch between English and Turkish in the same game?

You just want to protest the fact that it's a separate version because you like to get worked up about things?

You are/were too lazy to buy the English game for a relatively cheap price somewhere else than directly on Steam?

How about a poll? :D

I could only advice reading the thread one more time. You should get it this time unless you a have serious neurological condition.

You're wrong. That "greensometing" site switches it to TR version too. And it says it will provide a steam code or something. No guarantee that Steam app would not deny a Turkish ip the international version the last minute you'll try to embed the game into Steam. Please stop talking out of your a**e, please. Obvious that you're not aware but it is disrespectful. Because apparently neither SI nor SEGA find this issue explainable (clue: we haven't seen them doing it). Why do you?

Archived