FM WeeGiE - Summer Transfer Update Thread

Michael F

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teams history's need updating leagues,cups

Moan , moan , moan. These guys put all the hard work in and still someone gets picky. If it's so important to you then go into the editor and adjust it.

Updating a teams history - if you want their previous seasons results included in there - takes a lot of work and could have stuck another few days on Michael releasing this.

Just noticed that Steve Clarke is still at liverpool, I am 99.9% certain he resigned in protest at Dalglish's sacking.

Also regarding Bradford City, Dominic Rowe and Darren Stephenson were released, plus it's almost certain that Guy Branston & Steve Williams won't play for the club again and Mark Stewart had his contract terminated BMC.

Finally, young striker Adam Baker was given a new deal and promoted to the senior squad for next season.

Just noticed that Steve Clarke is still at liverpool, I am 99.9% certain he resigned in protest at Dalglish's sacking.

He offered his resignation in support of Dalglish but it was rejected by the club's board. Although with Brendan Rodgers having brought his assistant with him from Swansea, it is likely that Clarke will now, finally, leave the club. Currently, however, he is still employed by Liverpool.

running 12.04

Me too, but AVB was unemployed at the start and has just taken over at Villa in my game. Very odd!!!

I have to agree with MG, it sounds like a patch/DB issue. When you load the game at the start are you unticking the DB boxes on the start screen and then loading just the WeegieSummer update and nothing else?

Me too, but AVB was unemployed at the start and has just taken over at Villa in my game. Very odd!!!

I have to agree with MG, it sounds like a patch/DB issue. When you load the game at the start are you unticking the DB boxes on the start screen and then loading just the WeegieSummer update and nothing else?

yep i was doing that, even in the "editor" after i load up weegiesummer update, it doesnt seem to load up. i got to chelsea and non of there new players are there, and al there released players are.

We couldn't get the 7 sub rule added, we will try for next release

thats a shame. i have tried previously, seems to be an impossibility to change the subs!

thanks anyway guys and if you can in the next update, you'll be my friends for life :)

Great work guys!

Out of interest, why don't you do CA/PA updates?

Causes too much argument unfortunately, and then if you change at the whim of everyone's suggestions, you get a horrifically unbalanced database, but if you stay stubborn and stick to what you've done, then you're biased and your update is crap. I'd rather spend an evening smacking my head against the wall.

nope, i cant get this to work, tried re-instaling everything, still not happening.

works fine for me. i just downloaded it, put it in the editor data section and started a new game with only this patch! i have deleted every other edited db so there is only this DB in my editor data folder.

i have re downloaded the file, i have even tried the the new version with the paul lambert update.

i have re-installed fm2012, running 12.04

i havent had any problems when using other peoples updates before.

even in the editor, when i apply your changes it doesnt show up

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see when you click 'new game' and the database pop-up box appears?

Congratulations on the first release guys, I am interested to see how this years incarnation goes with so many of the lads who used to make their own updates helping out on this one now, it is perhaps the way of the future!

Massive props to you all, I know first hand how much effort goes into making such big updates.

Congratulations on the first release guys, I am interested to see how this years incarnation goes with so many of the lads who used to make their own updates helping out on this one now, it is perhaps the way of the future!

Massive props to you all, I know first hand how much effort goes into making such big updates.

Thanks :) It's certainly helped with the workload having a small group of us, and overall it's worked out better than expected I think.

I think it's because they've been relegated from La Liga. Showing in top division on mine.

Had a weird problem with Brendan Rodgers not appearing as Liverpool manager, he'd show up as a coach at Swansea, set someone else as Swansea manager and it forced him to Liverpool in the end. This is with the initial release though, not sure if it was hotfixed.

Everything else is perfect though, the free agents list is amazing, makes me wish I was playing with a poorer team so I could do some deals.

I think it's because they've been relegated from La Liga. Showing in top division on mine.

Had a weird problem with Brendan Rodgers not appearing as Liverpool manager, he'd show up as a coach at Swansea, set someone else as Swansea manager and it forced him to Liverpool in the end. This is with the initial release though, not sure if it was hotfixed.

Everything else is perfect though, the free agents list is amazing, makes me wish I was playing with a poorer team so I could do some deals.

Yeah we know they have been relegated but there's still the Liga Adelente playoffs to go yet to determine who comes up for them, i thing there played tonight

Thanks for your work lads, few things about Rangers.

Matt McKay doesnt play for the club anymore.

Sone Aluko I think needs some looking at, player of the year last season, and pace, dribbling, crossing & Finishing need improving in my opinion

Ale Bedoya also vastly underated,

Andy Little current Northern Ireland international and first team player now with good scoring record, is terrible in the game.

Rhys McCabe first team player and more of a defensive midfielder, or MC, dont think he will be a winger for us at all as game suggests.

Just my opinion all of above, but would make Rangers more realistic.

Cheers again

Aberdeen have been moved to a new stadium in this update that wont happen until the summer of 2014

Mawene, Mackie, Chalali, Uchechi & Folly have both been released by Aberdeen

Kari Arneson hastn left Aberdeen yet and still may sign new deal

Swanson and Dixon have both left Dundee Utd and are free transfers

Kello, Obua & Morton have been released by Hearts

Dont think O'Connor has left hibs although could be wrong.

Thanks for your work lads, few things about Rangers.

Matt McKay doesnt play for the club anymore.

Sone Aluko I think needs some looking at, player of the year last season, and pace, dribbling, crossing & Finishing need improving in my opinion

Ale Bedoya also vastly underated,

Andy Little current Northern Ireland international and first team player now with good scoring record, is terrible in the game.

Rhys McCabe first team player and more of a defensive midfielder, or MC, dont think he will be a winger for us at all as game suggests.

Just my opinion all of above, but would make Rangers more realistic.

Cheers again

Not that i dont agree about aluko mate but we decided not to do any CA/PA Changes

lads sorry I have not been around last 10 days, my girlfriend to our son and it was a traumatic birth. Thankfully theyre both fine and now home. Has all the european teams been done on latest update ???

Congrats :) hmm not sure were we got to pal all major leagues are done, were just waiting for spanish 2nd division playoffs to be sorted

ah just noticed celta vigo won tonight to put them 2nd so there up in 2nd automatic place just 3rd spot play off now

Congrats :) hmm not sure were we got to pal all major leagues are done, were just waiting for spanish 2nd division playoffs to be sorted

ah just noticed celta vigo won tonight to put them 2nd so there up in 2nd automatic place just 3rd spot play off now

So is all champs league/euro league teams sorted ?

thanks for the congrats

Archived