This was a one club save, but then I got sacked after just 17 games!

HotChocolate

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to say you were unlucky to get sacked, but it was in the pipeline with results like that I'm afraid.

I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be carrying on this thread.

I know it's petty but it was a one club save and seen as I've got sacked I just don't want to carry on with that record at the beginning of my career.

Err, why? Dust yourself off and get back on the management train man! :thup:

I'd probably keep looking for work in Spain as that seems like an interesting place to manage. Bit late now though if you've let a big fireball destroy the place :D

Good luck whatever you do, but I hope you continue with this save. A sacking can be a great start to a career, and it's not too late to turn this into effectively a one-club save - just somewhere else than Zamora. It's all a learning experience. If you get sacked one place, try not to make the same mistakes somewhere else. Just like real managers really.

I'm getting laughed off and rejected by everywhere bar England at the moment. I'm hoping to find either another Spanish team or a low-league obscure country but no-one is willing to take me on.

Will keep going at it and will eventually get a job :thup:

Just to let you know, seen as this thread is no longer a one club save and I'm not managing Zamora I've requested the title thread name be changed, for obvious reasons :D

I only started with Spain. Currently I have (all running down to the lowest possible league):

Austria, Croatia, Finland, Israel, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and Uruguay.

Adding: Hungary, Malaysia and Romania.

I completely forgot to list the countries, haha, sorry!

Deisler: I wasn't planning on going there! :)

I was not going to go to England but quite simply, it will be for the best.

I've applied for so many jobs all over the countries I've got loaded and had 3 offers: Droylsden, Havant and Waterlooville and now Bury.

Even a Belgian 3rd Division team that 'considered' me ended up appointing someone else, I've had teams promoted to the Segunda B division turn me down, so I'm not going to accept till tomorrow but the chances are I will. I need to go somewhere, I've been out of a job for a year plus and with only English teams coming for me it seems to be this or nothing.

Job Offer.

Shame about the sacking, I started FM12 with Bristol City thinking i'd have a one club save but then got sacked after FA Cup Third Round day so know how that feels!

That was the point I decided to start afresh and go down the Journeyman route. If you are to carry on then Bury looks a good chance to get back into the swing of things.

Possibly a short one club save then :(

Also just read through the entire of your other thread, just to find out that it died just a week ago on the last page :(

Has still been a nice read, especially as it wasn't one of the many back to back promotion stories, but much more realistic with amazing moments (that comeback in one playoff semi-final second leg) and a lot of heartbreak on top :thup:

Possibly a short one club save then

Also just read through the entire of your other thread, just to find out that it died just a week ago on the last page :(

Has still been a nice read, especially as it wasn't one of the many back to back promotion stories, but much more realistic with amazing moments (that comeback in one playoff semi-final second leg) and a lot of heartbreak on top

I'm carrying that game on, just not the thread unfortunately. I absolutely love the game and have managed to get back into it although I made the decision to leave Sheffield United at the end of the season (not got there yet) as it wouldn't be the same knowing what I did.

Thanks though, glad you enjoyed it :thup:

One of the shorter one club games. :D

I'm definitely gaining a reputation to be a 'failure' at FM, which has usually been the case.

But in all honesty, I absolutely love it! :D

Well, Zamora was a bit of an anti-climax ;)

Good luck with Bury. Even if it's only short term, the job should be enough to raise your profile enough to get you a nice second tier job in Eastern Europe. I'd like to see you end up in Israel at some point as I can't recollect anyone in FMCU recently managing there!

Well, Zamora was a bit of an anti-climax ;)

Good luck with Bury. Even if it's only short term, the job should be enough to raise your profile enough to get you a nice second tier job in Eastern Europe. I'd like to see you end up in Israel at some point as I can't recollect anyone in FMCU recently managing there!

It will only be short term, I'm hoping come the end of the season I will have enough to get a club in a different country. I'd love to manage in Israel and Uruguay at some point.

Good luck at Bury,if your lucky maybe the Manchester clubs will loan you some players considering your a local side :D

We could do with anything, there is a lot of youth in the squad and not much quality.

Good luck with Bury :thup:

Thanks Dejay :thup:

December 2012

19. Bury 3-0 Bristol Rovers (npower League 2)

My first game in charge of Bury was quite simply: easy. We were 3-0 up at half time and cruising, we came out in the 2nd half and just breezed the 45 minutes. The performance we gave really surprised me, mainly because we found it that easy I don't get how they are down near the bottom.

20. Gillingham 0-0 Bury (npower League 2)

It was a very average game, both teams had chances but no one made any clear cut chances or took their half chances and so the game ended 0-0. A point away from home is a good result mind.

21. Bury 1-1 Barnet (npower League 2)

It was a similar game to the previous, both teams had their chances but no one really made the most of them. They opened the scoring with a header that somehow went over 3 players including the keeper and we equalized with 10 minutes to go from the penalty spot.

----------------------------------------------------

League Table - Due to games being postponed I only played 3 games this month. I took over when they were in 22nd place and with 5 points from the 3 games we rose to 17th but fell to 22nd due to not playing.

Good luck with Bury. I hope you fare better than you did at Zamora!

Thanks DodgeeD, it's only temporay. I love the English leagues but after the failure of my last save being an all English league game I wanted something different.

Might re-try the English leagues in FM13, for whatever reason I absolutely love them.

Not a bad month, nice win over Bristol :thup:

Thanks Dejay :thup:

January 2012

22. Bury 2-0 Luton Town (npower League 2)

A game that we controlled from the off. Luton were clearly more the worse for wear following the new year celebrations and we took full advantage heading ourselves into the lead before sealing the points from the penalty spot.

23. Bury 3-0 Bradford City (npower League 2)

We were blooming fantastic, all game. I really can't see how the previous manager to do such a bad job 'que bad run of form resulting in a sacking' because the quality of players we have is immense, granted we aren't getting any suspensions or injuries 'que lots of suspensions and injuries' but quite simply, we are loving life at the minute and rightly so.

24. Hartlepool United 3-0 Bury (npower League 2)

And here come the results, we were walked over, well and truly beaten. We went from being absolutely brilliant to absolutely, crap. Hopefully it's just a one off and we can come back from this. Although fair play to Hartlepool, they were quality.

25. Aldershot Town 3-0 Bury (npower League 2)

I'm really regretting what I said after the Bradford game. It was back to the old ways at Zamora, 3-0 down at half time and game over. We then picked up a red card and an injury, oh the curse of the post match review. Never the less, I'm enjoying my time with Bury and hopefully we can turn it around and go for mid-table.

26. Bury 1-0 Dagenham & Redbridge (npower League 2)

A solid performance, just what the doctor ordered. We took the lead early in the first half and managed to boss the game from the midfield making sure they didn't even have a sniff at our goal. We had 1 or 2 chances before the full time whistle but couldn't put anything away unfortunately we picked up yet another injury, hopefully we can manage and get past it.

27. Bury 0-1 Accrington Stanley (npower League 2)

A very drab match that was ultimately won by just the single goal. It was a decent move by them and put low and hard into the bottom corner but apart from that there was little if any quality in the game at all, injuries and 2 games a week are slow catching up on us.

28. Port Vale 0-0 Bury (npower League 2)

We've picked up another injury, we seem to get 1 per match at the minute but with a small squad and the same 11 almost playing every game our situation isn't looking like it will improve. Back to the game and we were kept waiting for this as it's been postponed a few times before. Unfortunately it produced something short of nothing. Highlight of the game? The players coming out of the tunnel and walking back down the tunnel!

----------------------------------------------------

League Table: We currently sit 20th 5 points outside the relegation place. I didn't do anything in January transfer wise, we had a good settled squad that was playing well and even when things took a turn for the worse I decided that it would be better to stick with the group of players we have. I know we've got enough in us to stay away from the relegation zone I just hope we can produce that little bit of quality to take us further.

Now unfortunately I've got some bad news, through January I suffered with one or two run time errors and crash dumps, it didn't cost me any results but it did keep knocking me back sometimes. I thought I could progress with them as I was enjoying the save but I can't get on to play my next game, it's the certain date yet again like my old save. I'll see if I can fix it and keep you informed.

Unfortunately I've not managed to find a way past the crash dumps and with only 1 save file there isn't another I can go back to.
yeah I've been reading about crash dumps , best way aroung=d the is to have 3file rolling save are maybebe 5 file rolling. so will you be starting a new 1?

Archived