SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good to retain your title with such a tight backline. Just 1 goal conceded? Definitely title form although obviously there's still a long way to go.

Cheers fella :thup:. Couldnt have wished for a better start defensively to be fair. Been really impressed.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-17.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-7.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-3-2.png

These three job offers came through in one day. Now I have a decision to make. Do I want to step back into International Management?

Wales have qualified for the 2022 World Cup whilst the other two havent.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-17.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-7.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-3-2.png

These three job offers came through in one day. Now I have a decision to make. Do I want to step back into International Management?

Wales have qualified for the 2022 World Cup whilst the other two havent.

I wouldn't be that tempted by any of them.
Go and coach bosnia / herzogovina! :D they got the potential!

I have decided to reject the three offers. Im not quite ready to step back into it yet. I will wait until after the 2022 World Cup and then weigh up my options.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - October 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

A bit of a frustrarting month in a way. It looks like the defeat to City had an affect on the defence as we failed to keep a clean sheet but we also managed to win 3 of our 4 games. Comprehensive wins over West Ham & WBA were pretty straight forward but we had to battle hard to beat Chelsea. We conceded two sloppy goals, something which I had to warn our goalkeeper about. Although we won 3-2, we were pretty lucky. We went a goal down, equilised, went 2-1 up, conceded and then Raheem Sterling scored a late winner to grab us three points. Against Blackburn however we were dreadfull. In one of those games which said we had 6 shots and I never actually got to see a shot at all, we conceded a 92nd minute goal to lose 1-0.

League Cup

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

A very solid win with the reserves/fringe players. We set up a tie against the side who beat us in last seasons Final, Man Utd in this seasons Quater-Final.

October 2021 - Continued

Champions League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

We suffered our first defeat in Europe against mega-rich PSG by conceding a late goal. We played played pretty well in an even affair and all is not lost.

You may be going along pretty well in all competitions, but good grief you conceded alot goals throughout the month!

I wouldnt be concerned about the Champions League, you've got three games to go yet, and as you said, you performed well in defeat away against PSG.

just spent the last 3 hours reading all of this - fantastic thread you've got going on here! incredible career you've had, to go from Turkey's second division to Premier League champions and three time FA cup champions in 10 seasons is nothing short of magnificent.

also, as I was reading the thread I noticed something but don't recall you picking up on it - Andy Lancaster of Liverpool, is it the same Lancaster you managed with Darlington in League 1/2? (I can't recall which one it was) small world...

KUTGW :D

You may be going along pretty well in all competitions, but good grief you conceded alot goals throughout the month!

I wouldnt be concerned about the Champions League, you've got three games to go yet, and as you said, you performed well in defeat away against PSG.

Yeah its something I need to work on. The City defeat looks like it opened the floodgates so to speak.

just spent the last 3 hours reading all of this - fantastic thread you've got going on here! incredible career you've had, to go from Turkey's second division to Premier League champions and three time FA cup champions in 10 seasons is nothing short of magnificent.

also, as I was reading the thread I noticed something but don't recall you picking up on it - Andy Lancaster of Liverpool, is it the same Lancaster you managed with Darlington in League 1/2? (I can't recall which one it was) small world...

KUTGW :D

JDownie - I believe it is the same Andy Lancaster - as Darlington he got Liverpool as a feeder club.

Cheers JDownie :thup:. As Tom said, yes it is the same Andy Lancaster I had at Darlington when I was in charge there. He is a solid performer at Premier League level.

Unlucky against PSG but you will win the group

Cheers :thup:.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

A much better month for us. A nice 100% record and also keeping two clean sheets as well is a huge bonus. We started with a comfortable win before a very tough game against Swansea. They really took the game to us and we were lucky to take all three points. The big win of the month however came against Arsenal as we battered them. An impressive afternoon for us as we climbed back to the top of the table and saw me grab another Manager of the Month Award.

Champions League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures.png

An excellent couple of results as well in Europe. We got revenge on PSG for the defeat in Paris with a comprehensive win at Anfield and followed it up with a big win in Salzburg to qualify from the group and go into the final game against Malaga at home in top spot

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - December 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

What a tough Christmas period we had. I mean come on, look at the last 3 fixtures. 3 games in 3 days!!! All the sides had to go through it so it wasnt just us. We started a tough winter period with a hard fought win over Newcastle, a game which I celebrated like we had won the league due to the number of attacking players we had out injured. A very, very, very, very, very annoying 1-0 defeat aginst Man Utd followed. I dont think I done the match justice with enough very's because we battered them. 18 shots to their 4 and they won 1-0. Typical!!! We did however go on a nice run of 4 wins with great results against Villa & Everton as well as wins against Fulham and Leicester. Happy to be sitting top going into the New Year.

League Cup

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-3-1.png

A 0-0 draw against United in the League Cup resulted in a penalty shoot-out which we won to remove the heartache of last season's Final to move into the Semi-Finals. We will have a tough test to reach the Final as we will play Man City.

December 2021 - Continued

Champions League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-4-1.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-3.png

A comfortable win over Malaga see's us top the group in our first season back in the Champions League. Just one defeat along the way as we performed really well. We will face Sampdoria in the next round.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbod.png

So the expansion is complete. We now have a capacity of 70,518. Our first two games at home following the expansion (Fulham & Leicester) brought in a crowd of around 59,000, so we still have a bit of work to do to fill it.

The largest stadium in the Premiership? I presume Man Utd still have a larger ground than you?

Man Utd have the biggest stadium in the league, and by quite some maragain. Their full capacity is just below 100,000. We have the second biggest stadium now, followed by Arsenal, Newcastle and then Chelsea.

Have just picked up on this thread.

What an amazing read.

Well done on your journey

KUTGW

Cheers for the comment :thup:. Really appreciate it.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - January 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-5.png

The league has slowly turned into a two horse race by the looks of things. A pretty good month for us, especially the way we bounced back after the disappointment against Blackpool. I made to many changes, expecting victory against the team who were bottom of the league and we were lucky. We found ourselves 2-0 down until the last 10 minutes and we managed to somehow come away with a draw. What followed were two solid performances against Middlesbrough and QPR before we comprehensively beat Spurs with an impressive 4-0 win.

January 2022 - Continued

FA Cup

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

A comfortable win against Sheffield Wednesday gave us an away tie to Champioship side Birmingham who manged to frustrate us and force a replay.

League Cup

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-2-2.png

We exit the League Cup this year at the Semi-Final stage. We deserved to win the first leg, but were blown away in the return tie and Man City deserve their place in the Final. The ties however did see us break our attendance record and also saw me reach 100 games for Liverpool.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - February 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

How frustrating!! We continue to struggle against Man City, especially away from home and we were destroyed at the Etihad 4-0. Our worst performance under my management. Two solid wins against West Ham & Sunderland didnt hide the problems as we lost to a poor Chelsea side and find ourselves in 2nd place.

February 2022 - Continued

Champions League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-3-2.png

A brilliant, brilliant win in Italy over Sampdoria sets us up for passage into the Quater-Finals. We went 1-0 up early on and I changed things so we could soak up pressure and hit them on the counter and it worked a treat.

FA Cup

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-2-3.png

It took us Extra Time to beat Birmingham, much to my annoyance, but we got through. We once again struggled in the FA Cup away to WBA. We found ourselves behind on 3 occassions and managed to score a 92nd minute goal to save the tie and take them to a replay.

A good January in the league, hut February wasn't the best. Still got more than enough time to make up the gap though.

In all competitions though you are still conceding a fair amount of goals!

Yeah its getting quite annoying. Like when we lost to City earlier in the season, I feel its had a knock-on effect. I keep on giving Otamendi/Diaz a game alongside Papadopolous and one of them get a shocking rating so I put the other in and they get one so I dont actually know who is my favoured choice meaning I cant get a settled back four.

I like the look of Josh Russell.

Both Russell & Barratt has a maximum PA star rating of 3 1/2. They look great prospects.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - March 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-8.png

Much, much better work from us. We have managed to cut the defensive errors and become a more solid unit. We performed poor away to WBA once again but after that we sorted ourselves out. We were helped massively by Man City's shock 3-0 away defeat to Swansea and then losing 3-1 at home to Arsenal in their next game as we opened up a 3pt gap at the top of the table.

March 2022 - Continued

Champions League

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-5-1.png

Another nice win over Sampdoria set up a Quater-Final tie against Bayern and we managed to win what can only be described as the perfect away performance in Europe by hitting them on the counter to win 2-1 and take a great advantage into the return leg at Anfield. Having had our stadium expansion we continue to see the reqards. If we manage to get through we will face either AC Milan or Leverkusen in the Semi-Final.

FA Cup

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-4-2.png

Another replay, another Extra Time win (with 10 men) against WBA this time saw us set up a Quater-Final game against Fulham which we comfortably won. The Semi-Final see's a all Merseyside Derby against Everton. The winners will face either Newcastle or Swansea.

fantastic read although did take a large chunk of my day! ....hope you finish it out now and win the league as well and champs

How often do you play you seem to fly through seasons whereas it takes me for ever and I lose motivation to play with the long seasons do you just watch commentary or something??

Looking good at the moment and it will be close run but I have the confidence you can come out on top.

Cheers mate :thup:.

fantastic read although did take a large chunk of my day! ....hope you finish it out now and win the league as well and champs

How often do you play you seem to fly through seasons whereas it takes me for ever and I lose motivation to play with the long seasons do you just watch commentary or something??

Glad you have enjoyed it. Regarding how long it takes me to get through a season it just depends how often I play. If I go on from when I get in from work till I go to sleep then I can get through a season in a couple of nights maximum.

Going to be a nail-biter by the looks of it. Got a couple of tough away fixtures too. Good luck!

Its been a very good season for both clubs. It will go to the wire.

Hang about, I've had that before on FM11, having a similar run of fixtures to your rivals so one of you is playing the same team the other just did. Strange thing.

It is a very odd thing to have the two clubs chasing the title with the same run-in.

Just to let you all know that my Internet has run out again and I wont get it back on until the 5th March. I have finished the season though and have a few updates to do. Looking forward to getting them back up.

How does your internet "run out"?

Because since I moved in with my girlfriend I havent been prepared to get broadband in as an added expense to already over the top expensive bills, so we run the Internet off a dongle which is quite a bit cheaper for us.

ah, sucks that you're out of usage for another few days. However, I anticipate the end to your season very much :D As you are Liverpool up against City, I don't really want to see you succeed. At the same time though, the work you've accomplished is pretty remarkable so I don't think I can begrudge you one little league title ;)

ah, sucks that you're out of usage for another few days. However, I anticipate the end to your season very much :D As you are Liverpool up against City, I don't really want to see you succeed. At the same time though, the work you've accomplished is pretty remarkable so I don't think I can begrudge you one little league title ;)

Haha Downie :D. It was the tightest run in I have ever been involved in and there was literally nothing in it until the last 2 games of the season...at which point there still was hardly anything in it.

I will let you all ponder that ;).

Just to let you all know that my Internet has run out again and I wont get it back on until the 5th March. I have finished the season though and have a few updates to do. Looking forward to getting them back up.
tell her she best get in the sack if she want to use it :p

Archived