SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - August 2020 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

englishpremierdivisionoc.png

A great start to life at Liverpool with 7pts out of a possible 9. Really pleased with the performances of the lads. We started with a 4-0 away to Norwich. We were level at half time and I reminded the lads that victory was there for them and that they just had to convert their chances and it showed quickly as big money signing Chris Ord scored just two minutes into the second half. We continued our dominance and marched to a 4-0 win. We followed this up with an impressive display against Leicester, limiting them to just two second half shots as we breezed past them by the same scoreline. We put in a solid defensive display against Man City and walked away with a 1-1 draw. Our tactics of hitting them on the counter worked well and we matched Man City on the day.

Europa League

An easy passage into the Group Stage. We wernt under any pressure during either game and deserved to go through. Our group looks pretty straight forward to.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have seen Leon Best play, yeah?

Shola Ameobi is the tip of the iceberg really.

Good start to the season :cool: Not surprised to see your former club sitting top.

Neither am I. Quality side so there wasnt much work to do :p.

Excellent start,I am fully expecting you to top that Europa League group.

I will be annoyed if we done ha. Will be looking for maximum points, but I will rotate the squad a little.

good start shame your not top, well you kinda are with your ex players @ villa

I wanted to bring a few of them with me to Liverpool, but they were having none of it!!!

Could you manage villa in reality please if mcleish could get the job after all.

:lol:. High in demand!!!

great start, mate :)

looks like a great season!

Cheers mate.

Just to let you all know that my laptop charger has completely burnt out. I had it plugged in yesterday and it wasnt charging and when I looked closer at the wiring a lovely bit of smoke came off it and it stunk. I wont be able to get one for at least another 2 weeks with it being out of stock, so I wont be able to play FM until then :(.

That's annoying. Wireless chargers can't come soon enough!
Shame to hear the SRL88 but now you can get researching your knowledge for the Quiz rounds :D
DAMN!!!! What a pity! I hope you can get a new laptop soon... you got my sympathy mate :)

Cheers lads.

HC, I will be a quiz master by the time I get my laptop working again :cool:. Good enough to go on Pointless and win some coins :p.

I had something similar happen to my last laptop (combined with a ruined battery which meant that if the mains connection was lost, I had no backup power), with a straight lead-head facing more pressure. Can't borrow another then?

Gutted for you mate :(

Same here!!!

I had something similar happen to my last laptop (combined with a ruined battery which meant that if the mains connection was lost, I had no backup power), with a straight lead-head facing more pressure. Can't borrow another then?

Actually, Ty, as thick as he is has just came up with a brainwave. Going to check eBay & my local computer shop to see if they have any kicking around.

eBay have them on for £15 where as if I bought one off the Asus website it would be £45.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - September 2020 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

Our fine form to the campaign continues as after six games we sit top of the pile, still unbeaten. A perfect month for us which saw us concede just our 2nd goal of the season against Spurs. We were lucky against Wolves as we played poor and had to rely on a 91st minute penalty from Marcelo Chafer to give us three points. A brilliant display against QPR gave us another three points and a perfect month to give us 16 out of a possible 18pts.

League Cup

A solid victory to kick off our League Cup campaign against tough opposition. We probably just deserved it and by doing so we set up a 4th Round tie against that team I just love to face in cup competitions, Leicester.

September 2020 - Continued

Europa League

eurocupoverviewstages.png

We kicked off the group stages with a disappointing 1-0 win on home soil. We dominated procedings but never fully turned up on the night. To many wayward shots, not enough fluency in our play, but then again I gave a lot of fringe players a chance.

I hope you can, Aston Villa going well to Shearer still there?

Yeah they have made a nice start. Beat WBA (h), Stoke (a), Fulham & Man Utd (h) whilst drawing with both Watford & Arsenal away from home. They're still in the League Cup but sadly couldnt make the group phase of the Champions League, losing to Marseille.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - October 2020 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisiononh.png

Oddly just two games in October as we got a free week-end whilst the rest played which is why we arent top anymore. We're still unbeaten though but we should have an extra two points. We battered Newcastle but they somehow left Anfield with a 1-1 draw. We followed this up with a comprehensive win over Stoke to keep up our impressive start going.

League Cup

A nice win over Leicester to get revenge from them beating my Villa side in last seasons Final. The next round see's us travel to Bloomfield Road to face my former club Blackpool in a pretty open Quater-Final.

October 2020 - Continued

Europa League

liverpoolfixturesfixturc.png

eurocupoverviewstages.png

Slightly annoying to not keep up our 100% record but its not a competition I am to bothered about. Should top the group and if we do so I will be happy.

I've just spent three hours reading through this thread, page-by-page. And let me say it's been very rewarding. One thing I will say is that you blow my accusations of FM being too hard right out of the water. Success wherever you go!

Seriously, though, so impressed with the effort that's gone into the updates here. Can't wait to get my own thread on the go once the update comes out.

Wonder how long you'll be at Liverpool. You're quite the journeyman. Except a successful one, not a Steve Claridge-type one. I get the feeling Blackpool fans would not be fond of you.

Great to see you back updating!! Doing well so far.

Cheers John :thup:.

I've just spent three hours reading through this thread, page-by-page. And let me say it's been very rewarding. One thing I will say is that you blow my accusations of FM being too hard right out of the water. Success wherever you go!

Seriously, though, so impressed with the effort that's gone into the updates here. Can't wait to get my own thread on the go once the update comes out.

Wonder how long you'll be at Liverpool. You're quite the journeyman. Except a successful one, not a Steve Claridge-type one. I get the feeling Blackpool fans would not be fond of you.

Thanks for the comment mate. I appreciate the fact that you took the time out to read all the way through it.

Ive enjoyed me journey so far and delighted to end up at Liverpool. Unless I get sacked, I wont be leaving them until I have done a clean sweep of trophies. I want to win everything yes, but I also want to win it all in 1 season as well. At that point I will realise that I have to move on. I want to manage Hoffenheim in Germany because I love that club to. I wouldnt mind a stint in Spain either.

Will be nice if you get a thread going to read as well :thup:.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2020 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoe.png

So we tasted defeat for the first time in my tenure away to our biggest rivals Man Utd (dont comment Tom). Its not as though we deserved defeat though. Based on shots it was even although I never actually got to see all their shots because they were obviously not that important. We had 3 goals disallowed, hit the woodwork twice and missed a hatful of other chances to. We should have walked away with at least a draw. We did pick ourselves up well in probably our toughest month overall by beating Arsenal 2-1 having come back from a goal down. We battered WBA but had to settle for just the one goal before beating the club from across Stanley Park.

Still sat nicely at the table going into December. How about Villa as well??? Still unbeaten and going well. Good work lads.

Europa League

A nice win in Greece to leave us sat top of the group with 2 games remaining. We should see ourselves through and our next game is away to Zurich.

Archived