• Silver - Great Britain
  • Bronze - South Africa

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012-2013 Pre-season Matches

180px-Dynamos.png

Dynamos FC - ABSA Premiership

Had a good pre-season run, including a great win against the Orlando Pirates, last year's Premiership champions! :)

South Africa - Roses United - won 4-2

South Africa - Bubchu United - won 4-0

South Africa - Sivutsa Stars FC - won 3-2

South Africa - Orlando Pirates - won 3-0

South Africa - Durban United - won 4-1

Heading into our first season in the Premiership should be interesting. I'm still trying to build my squad. Having trouble finding quality midfielders, given that I have no transfer budget this year. I also have 6 potential signings waiting for work transfers from elsewhere in Africa. Here's hoping I am allowed to sign at least a couple of them!

Who was selected on the GB team cerud?

Not a bad preseason, hopefully it translates to league results.

Hey, rancer. Here's the Great Britain squad that played.

46847602.jpg

I''m hoping for a ood showing as well! :)

I still can't see anything except Lisa Simpson performing obscene acts in the London 2012 logo.

Very nice preseason. Hopefully it translates into a good season.

Welcome, ArsenalMetro! Nice to see a new poster. I never heard of the Lisa Simpson thing before, but I totally see it! :) Working on the season now...it will be...difficult.

In other news...

youthu.jpg

2012-2013 Off-season Transfers

180px-Dynamos.png

Transfers - The goal this season was to finish getting rid of all the players I didn't want from last year when I was trying to lower my wage budget. I also knew that the ABSA Premiership would be difficult, so defense was key.

Players of Note - Here's a few of the better ones I brought in. Hoping they translate this into their play.

Tshepo Motsoeneng - GK - Needed a goalkeeper and Motsoeneng was the best I could get on a free transfer. He's getting up there in age, but hopefully he and keep us in the Premiership while I sort out the rest of the squad.

Shere Lekgothoane - D LC, DM - Another aging recruit, Lekgothoane is our starting left back. He also doubles as one of our best centre backs too and I'll be counting on his ability for multiple positions a lot this season.

Gareth Ncaca - DM, M C - I needed midfielders, neeeeeeded them. All I could get was Ncaca. I'm just hoping he doesn't get injured :)

In other news, all the work permits I was waiting for, 6 in total...all were denied. That hurts.

That was a great first season, and awesome job getting promoted with the loanees all leaving!

Thanks and welcome, abulezz! The loanee scenario sucked, but at least Green Arrows spotted me a couple goals in the 2nd leg! ;)

That was a good pre-season win against Orlando Pirates!

Interesting to see the GB squad...not a single Scottish player picked.

Yeah, pretty much all English, which isn't surprizing considering the Olympics were in London and its an English manager. Very happy about beating the Pirates though, hoping its a test of what my form will be in legaue play.

Ncaca looks a handy player. Hope your pre-season form carries over to the season proper!

Good luck! :thup:

Thanks, Adelaidean. Ncaca is playing well; however, i can already tell it's going to be a long season. 5 matches in...1 win, 1 loss, 3 draws...and 2 of those draws I was leading by 2 goals to the half and they came back!

Ah well, this season is about survival, pure and simple. The bank account is swelling just by being in this league, so hopefully this will mean an actual transfer budget for next year and the ability to begin building something real.

2012-2013 Mid-season Update

180px-Dynamos.png

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - For a while there, I was beginning to expect a long season. I was confident that we would stay up, but it was getting close. However, then fortunes began to change. This started with the Telkom Knockout, a cup competition similar to the League Cup in England, I guess. We brought a couple new faces, but they didn't come until after the registration deadline, so they were only able to play in these cups games. It made the difference and we were able to string along a few good matches. This crept into league play and maybe, just maybe, now that they're registered, we can solidify our position! I'll update all cups at the season in review.

Note: My fixture filter is all messed up right now, so I had to build the list myself, which is why it looks odd.

Players of Note...

Rudzani Ramudzuli - AM RL, ST - Ramudzuli's spent more time on the left wing this year due to injuries, but he's more than held his own. Tied for most goals on the squad and still one of the most versatile players on the pitch.

Richard Rantjie - M RL, AM R - Top assist man. Really come into his own this year after a slow injury-riddled seasno last year.

Michael Bulaya - ST - Started the year on long term injury, but has come back with 8 goals in 9 matches. Not bad at at all!

New Players - These are the two players I brought in that missed the last registration deadline but helped out in cup matches. They're registered now.

MacBeth Sibaya - DM, M C - Strong in midfleld, just what I was lacking. However, he just announced his retirement at the end of the season.

Glen Salmon - ST - A strong forward. He's not all that fast, but he's smart for this level. Again, howeve, he just announced his retirement at the end of the season too so Iwon't enjoy these two for long.

In other news, we were just given a bump in our budgets due to us over achieving (just by a hair!).

Wage Budget: $1 500 762, an increase of $148 928 (currently spending $1 447 181)

Transfer Budget: $157 000

And even more news!!! :)

stadiumj.jpg

I asked the board to purchase the stadium so that we can expand it as we're close to selling out most matches and they agreed! Very surprized at that.

Your doing well so far but it is quite tight.Hope the second half of the season sees you pull away :)

Nice to see your board wanting to purchase the ground,may help in the long term to increase profit or decrease any losses!

Your doing well so far but it is quite tight.Hope the second half of the season sees you pull away :)

Nice to see your board wanting to purchase the ground,may help in the long term to increase profit or decrease any losses!

Thanks BWG! Right now, I not finances are good. I started the season in debt, but that got quickly removed with season ticket sales, which didn't exist in the previous league. I'm at about $1.6M in the bank right now.

Fairly good season Cerud, and the youth facillities being built will definately help bring up some class young stars hopefully
Sitting pretty for survival right now.
Decent start to life in the top flight. Hopefully your good form continues in the second half of the season :)

Also, it's nice to see Rantjie back from his injury and doing well for you.

A decent start so far, thanks all.. The last few games we've come into our own hopefully. I've got a few youth prospects rated very highly so hopefully the new youth facilities will help, iHeadHunta :)

And cheers to Rantjie doing as promised, roganp!

The stadium acquisition should be crucial! Hopefully, we can start seeing some ACL action soon :)

The ACL! You prophet, you!

Wow...In the January transfer window, I was abl eto bring in a top leftback to help solidify our defence. Two day here and he runs into Ramudzuli, my top player, and injures him for 6 months. He's done for the season. Now, on top of his, the ABSA Premiership also has a break for about a month and a half, so I arranged a couple friendlies just to keep my players' fitness. Salmon, who I finally get registered, gets damaged cruciate ligaments after a collision and is out for a whole year. Since he was got to retire at the end of this season anyways...

paing.jpg

This season's turning from tragedy to comedy...1 step forward...17 steps back...

Update...since posting this, I progressed the next week to get to our first league game since the break...7...yes 7 more long term injuries in training, including the lftback I just picked up! Never had a problem with it before and now I don't have enough players for a starting XI. Guess my youth are going to be getting a chance!.........

Update #2...make that 8...

2012-2013 Youth Candidate Intake

180px-Dynamos.png

Youth Candidates

My assistant manager is loving Siyabonga Mthethwa, a right back rated at 4.5* PA, whom he believes is one of the more gifted players ever to come through our own ranks.

Others that could have potential include...

Roberto Nene - AM L - Rated at 4* PA

Got no idea about the standard but Mthethwa looks potentially decent.

Hey, deltablue. The league I believe has a 2 star reputation rating, but Mthethwa is decent.

That's definitely an injury crisis then!

Very unlucky, considering you were sitting nicely above the relegation zone. Hopefully, this doesn't wreck your season too much :)

Thanks, AK22. Injuries suck, especially as they always seem to occur en masse. Given how close the teams between about 5th through 16th are, we've been up and down all over the board. I'm hoping for a top 10 finish. Might be possible, but we'll see.

2012-2013 Season in Review

180px-Dynamos.png

14th Place

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Well, I learned a few things in this final half of the season. One, do not hire the South African version of Dr. Jack Kevorkian as your physio. Two, team talks will raise morale, but not allow you to address actual issues. And three, trying to piece together a first team squad out of a few actual player, youth players, duct tape, hopes and dreams...doesn't really work... But, we survived...barely...by goal difference. Kind of gutted at the turn of events because I felt as though our turn of good fortune before these injures had left us in a position for a top half finish. Here's hoping for a recovery next season.

The Cups...

telkom2.jpg

Telkom Knockout - Champions! It was truly an unbelievable run that coincided with our upturn in play. I felt good going against Tuks (who had been promoted along with us) and Bloem Celtic. However, I knew Supersport United and the FS Stars would be trouble. We played well and can now celebrate with our first cup win, at least for me!

Nedbank Cup - The opposite. This cup started in the middle of my injury woes and the outcome reflected that.

Transfers - I've had 5 players retire at the end of this season and led a few more go in order to try and rebuild for new year. I realize this year was all about survival and, although I'm disappointed with the outcome, we did survive. Now to create.

Players of Note...

Richard Rantjie - M RL, AM R - Arguably our best plaer this year. Suffered towards the like most of the others. But I could at least count on him for a decent match played.

Michael Bulaya - ST - Our top goalscorer but will not be with us next year as I just can't meet his wage demands. Unfortunate.

Finances - Looking a whole lot better after this year; however, we do have a loan now after the purchase of our stadium.

Facilities - Just bought the stadium and am in the process of upgrading our youth facilities to start cultivating our own prospects.

Fans Player of the Year - Richard Rantjie

Awards

• South African Manager of the Season - Cerud (how did I win this?!?!)

Next Year...

We are in the middle of a squad rebuild. Our profits for this year should give us a decent budget and the ability to bring in a few quality players to balance out the remaining squad. I'd love a top 10 finish out of the 16 too, at least.

A great escape! :thup: And what a comparison in the cup! Well done on claiming some silverware. Next season could be a similar struggle if you can't replace Bulaya, hope you can find that replacement.

Silverware was a nice touch! I have a couple of replacements for Bulaya lined up, but they need work permits. Given my luck with those...

Bit tight, hopefully it'll be more comfortable. And well done on manager of the year.
You survived relegation which is the main thing,hopefully you will be able to get the right players in to give you a stronger squad!
Pheww... that was close. Well done on survival :thup:

Yep, just enough, barely. Still not sure how I wom Manger of the Season given we finished 14th of 16. But survival was the most important thing and we accomplished it. Cheers all! :)

Well done on the cup win, but quite contradictory compared to your league performance. You stayed up though (only just ;)), which is the main thing, so you'll get another off-season period to improve the squad, and aim a bit higher next season :thup:

Well done on the cup win, but quite contradictory compared to your league performance. You stayed up though (only just ;)), which is the main thing, so you'll get another off-season period to improve the squad, and aim a bit higher next season :thup:

Thanks, AK22. Yeah, barely is right! My main priorities is strengthen the squad and to bring in a few quality younger players as well given that we had the oldest squad. In addition, I want a better physio ;)

2013-2014 Pre-season

180px-Dynamos.png

ABSA Premiership: Stay clear of relegation

Telkom Knockout: Not regarded as important

Nedbank Cup: 2nd Round

Media Prediction: 16th of 16

Sky Bet Promotion Odds: 2000-1

Wage Budget: $1 532 794, an increase of $32 032 (currently spending $1 501 760)

Transfer Budget: $76 800, a decrease of $80 200

Kit Sponsorship: $187 306 (new 2 year deal, an increase of $66 306)

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $22 630 (new 3 year deal and brand new sponsor!)

On another note...

junioro.jpg

Well done on avoiding relegation! And that manager of the year award will only help build your rep. :D

Thanks, rancer! I'm hoping my rep gets built up some more as I think after this, 3 seasons in South Africa...it may be time to move on.

2013-2014 Pre-season Matches

180px-Dynamos.png

Had a good pre-season run, including a great win against the Orlando Pirates, last year's Premiership champions! :)

South Africa - Royal Blues - won 3-0

South Africa - Tornado - won 3-0

South Africa - Golden Arrows - tied 1-1

South Africa - Real Classic FC - won 4-1

South Africa - Green Nations - won 5-0

I'm still expected to drop this season by the media. I. hoping my new squad and revised tactical approach works better.

2013-2014 Off-season Transfers

180px-Dynamos.png

Transfers - All free transfers as most players don't want to leave a team to play so another that's expected to drop :) Let's prove them wrong!

Players of Note...

Tawonga Chimodzi - M LC - Support in the centre to the pitch as well as on the left midfield if I ever resort to a 442. I'm liking his pace and passing as this was lacking last year from the midfield

Eleazar Rodgers - ST - Every team needs a marquee player, a name that draws the crowds, but also warrants the high price you pay by being the inspiration on the pitch. Rodgers is my guy. Absolutely surprized he decided to sign with me as several others clubs were offering contracts as well. At 28 years old, hopefully he's got a good 3 years left in him.

Wow! Hope Rodgers fires you to glory!
Should keep you comfortable this time.
Hope Rodgers can fire you to survival and that you have a more successful season!

Thanks all! Sorry about the delay...work got busy and seems as though it will stay that way until mid December. Updates will come, just a little slower for a bit.

2013-2014 Mid-season Update

180px-Dynamos.png

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - So far, its been a wonderful change of fortunes in this season! Sitting in 3rd place with the top two in reach is more than I could hope for. After my first match, I was dreading anther year battling at the bottom, but we've put in behind us and instead, are fighting for a spot for possible African football next year.

Players of Note...

Tonic Chabalala - D C - Chabalala has been my main line of defense since I moved to Dynamos FC three years ago. However, this has been his finest year. In addition to tutoring duties with my youth (one of which is getting quite a few matches on the 1st squad now), he also started to contribute on the attacking set pieces.

Seydouba Souma - M RL, AM R - Brought in at the end of last year as a future replacement for Randjie, he's dominated the right side, leading the league in assists. It has also got Souma noticed by his Guinea national team as he just picked up his first national cap.

Andile Kweleta - ST - I had expected Rodgers to be my main man up front. However, given that Rodgers has 1 goal in ten matches, he's now warming a bench most nights. Kweleta has been with me since the beginning three years ago and has grown well, his abilities improving and his future potential growing as well. In 9 league starts, he has 8 goals. Thinking Rodgers' days are numbered...

New Players - I'm at the beginning of the January transfer window, so I've just begun to scour the market. However, I did manage one early signing.

Jayden Smith - GK - My starting goalkeeper is in his final days at 34 years old. His stats have dropped significantly and, while still good, he's more of a veteran backup now. Smith is my new blood. He played his first match for our 15th game and did well.

Budget Updates - I've change my season expectations from "avoid relegation" to "mid-table finish" given that we are performing well. However, I also don't want to tempt fate ;) Our new budgets are as follows.

Wage Budget: $1 762 428, an increase of $229 636 (currently spending $ 1 557 504)

Transfer Budget: $167 000

Fantastic progress, even if you can't quite keep it up it'll be a good season for you.
Made a very impressive start,hope you an achieve the mid-table finish like you want.

Thanks, deltablue and BWG! It's funny, I alway have more wins this half season than I did all last season. I'm hoping a good top 8 finish is possible, hopefully more!

So...some good news and odd news. I got my Board to agree to expand my stadium to a full 15 000 all-seater from a 15 000 (10 000 seated) stadium. However, they're telling me it costs $0. Also, they tell me that construction will start on 15 July 2014 and finish on 26 May 2014. Suffice it to say, I believe this poses a problem...one of space...oh, and time.

expansiono.jpg

Archived