[FM12] Canadian travelling with a oddly checkered ball [journeyman FM12]

cerud

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see the South African time-machine up and running again ;)

Looking good for a successful season overall :thup:

lol - whats going on then?

Thanks, AK22 and abulezz. I put in a bug ticket about the expansion and apparently I'm not the only one having this issue.

2013-2014 Season in Review

180px-Dynamos.png

Dynamos FC - ABSA Premiership

4th Place

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - While I'm happy at the improvement from last year, I'm very disappointed in how the season ended. My team believes that the season ends before it actually does. Out of our 9 losses this year, 5 were in the last 7 games. We were in 2nd and had a chance to pressure for 1st, but threw it away. Still much better than last year. I thin this has highlighted that my defensive line is aging and cannot play at this level.

The Cups...

Telkom Knockout - We were unable to defend our sole competitive win last year, taken out by the better Sundowns

Nedbank Cup - We should have won against Bloem Celtic. Enough said.

Transfers - I ended up selling Rodgers in the January transfer window. He just couldn't score for me, but from a free transfer, I netted a cool $1 million for his half season spent with us :)

Players of Note...

Tonic Chabalala - D C - Wow, my best defensive player and offensive player. He is a dynamo (Hey! That's our team name!) in set pieces, regardless of whether its corners or free kicks. He's also bee training the new generation, who is coming along nicely.

Seydouba Souma - M RL, AM R - Definitely Rantije's replacement. He's strong and fast on the right, the league's top assist man, and started to gain a few international caps for Guinea this year too. He's getting noticed!

Andile Kweleta - ST - My backup ended up my main striker. He was the one that was able to score, so I went with him. That and he's much cheaper than what Rodgers was getting in wages.

Finances - Did good this year, but they finally decided to charge me for my stadium expansion.

Facilities - Doing the expansion and now have proper dates and...unfortunately...a cost.

expandv.jpg

Fans Player of the Year: Tonic Chabalala

Awards

Next Year...

Build the defense in the off season. I think we're close to competing for the top spot and reaching African football. But I need a defense that is not geriatric.

Just gotta say, I'm gonna be following this story for one very simple reason. When I first glanced at the title I read it as "Canadian with oddly checkered balls" and it made me laugh! That's all it takes for me to follow a story, for the title to make me laugh!

Wait a second... *unzips* nope, looks normal to me! Let me just... *rearranges and zips* there we go ;) Glad to have you following mack4life! I glad my balls are that interesting, my wife thinks so too! :)

Very good step up.

Thanks, deltablue :) Something to grow from I guess.

A very good improvement on last season,just ashame that your players thought the season ended earlier then what it did!

An improvement indeed, but that ending was a huge disappointment. I'm in the process of bringing in quality defenders that are younger as well. Although younger is a relative term...30 would be considered young for my previous defence! :)

Some good progress cerud :thup:. Disappointing to fade away like that at the end of the season but I bet you're still more than happy with how the season turned out. Let's hope your new, younger defenders can handle the pressure a little better than your current crop ;). Not a bad return from Chabalala too :thup:.

Some good progress cerud :thup:. Disappointing to fade away like that at the end of the season but I bet you're still more than happy with how the season turned out. Let's hope your new, younger defenders can handle the pressure a little better than your current crop ;). Not a bad return from Chabalala too :thup:.

Thanks, Raware! Chabalala was great, but wished the rest of the team matched him for the last few games.

Very good season cerud :thup: but obviously a bit disappointing to finish the way you did.

Nice piece of business getting 1M for Rodgers.

Still making good progress, cerud :thup:

Confident of a title challenge next time?

$1 mil for Rodgers was nice, especially after how disappointing he was :) As for a title challenge...we'll see. I'm having trouble getting quality defenders to come over. Apparently, I'm also having a transfer bug, where players from other nations, even if they are already playing my my league, are denied permits. I sent it in and they're looking at it, but until them...no foreigners, just me :(

2014 FIFA World Cup

27518_126501037392754_3859_n.jpg

Group A: Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria, Slovakia

Group B: Uruguary, Cameroon, Ukraine, Australia

Group C: Argentina, China, United States, Bosnia & Herzegovina

Group D: Croatia, Netherlands, Jamaica, Ghana

Group E: France, Slovenia, Tunisia, Costa Rica

Group F: Russia, Germany, Colombia, South Korea

Group G: Spain, Peru, Portugal, Japan

Group H: Chile, Italy, Morocco, Turkey

2nd Round

Cameroon 3e - 1 Brazil

Uruguary 3 - 1 Mexico

Argentina 2 - 1 Netherlands

China 0p - 0 Croatia

France 2 - 0 Germany

Slovenia 0 - 2 Russia

Spain 0 - 2 Italy

Peru 1 - 2 Chile

Quarter Finals

Cameroon 4e - 0 China

Uruguay 1p - 1 Argentina

France 0 - 0p Chile

Russia 0 - 4 Italy

Semi Finals

Cameroon 0 - 1 Italy

Uruguay 0p - 0 Chile

3rd Place Playoff

Chile 0 - 1 Cameroon

Final

Italy 1e - 0 Uruguay

So, Italy takes its 5th World Cup in a competition with many surprizes. Next up...Qatar! :)

2014-2015 Pre-season

180px-Dynamos.png

ABSA Premiership: A respectable league position

Telkom Knockout: Not regarded as important

MTN 8: Not regarded as important

Nedbank Cup: 2nd Round

Media Prediction: 11th of 16

Sky Bet Promotion Odds: 25-1 (much better than the 2000-1 of the past 2 years!)

Wage Budget: $1 790 963, an increase of $28 535 (currently spending $1 555 507)

Transfer Budget: $208 854, an increase of $113 854

Kit Sponsorship: $187 306

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $22 630

Good luck this season!

Thanks, Deisler26! :)

In other news...

I decided to try and upgrage my junior coaching again. I was hesitant because the last time I tried, it was approved but no change actually occured. This time, it worked! :) I now have adequate junior coaching, up from basic.

juniorxu.jpg

2014-2015 Pre-season Matches

180px-Dynamos.png

Had a good pre-season run, including a great win against the Orlando Pirates, last year's Premiership champions! :)

South Africa - OR Tambo Cosmos - won 8-0

South Africa - Real Magic Football Club - won 9-0

South Africa - Mpumalanga Black Aces - won 4-3

South Africa - Panorama Roodeport - won 10-0

We're being given much better odds this year, but it'll still be a grind. I'm lacking in the rightback and defensive midfielder departments. I should have enough to compete; however, fighting for that top spot will be a challenge. Here we go... ;)

Good luck in the new season,hopefully your players will be able to maintain focus till the end of the season this time :)

Thanks, BWG. Focus will be my top priority for this year. May take a little tough love for some players too...

2014-2015 Off-season Transfers

180px-Dynamos.png

Transfers - I still have a few waiting on work permits, so this is not completely accurate hopefully. I'm having trouble finding quality defenders that will for me. I know our reputation has improved greatly, but is still one of the lowest in the ABSA Premiership. Making things difficult.

Players of Note...

Ayanda Gcaba - D LC - Gcaba has had bouts with FS Stars and Tuks in South Africa as a starting defender. He'll likely start for Dynamos as well, but play in both positions as he balances out Tlhone below.

Thato Tlhone - D L - My one signing that I had to pay for. $65 000 is not much money, but I was hoping I could have got a higher calibre of player. Suffice it to say, those like Tlhone are the one's with will sign with me. Here's hoping he wows the league.

Mark Mayambela - WB R, M/AM RLC, ST - I signed Mayambela away from the Orlando Pirates. I have high hopes for this guy as he will replace the leaving Ramudzuli on the left wing. I love that he's a jack-of-all-trades as well, being able to fill many positions. He'll likely see time in these as well.

2014-2015 Mid-season Update

180px-Dynamos.png

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - We're slowing moving up the table, locked in a dead heat with Ama Zulu and the Kaizer Chiefs. The Kaizer Chiefs have been leading for the majority of the season so far, but pressure is growing on them. We have a healthy squad and are hungry.

Players of Note...

Mark Mavambela - WB R, M/AM RLC, ST - Our new signing on the left wing for this year has been a good one. One of the top in assists in the league and contributes a fair share of goals as well. He's still at an age where he'll be able to play a good 4 or so more years.

Seydouba Souma - M/AM R - Leading the league is assists, just as he did last year, Souma is highly targetted by other clubs, including many in Europe. I was able to convince him to a new 2 year contract, but I had to back up an armoured truck in order to do so. He's worth it.

Andile Kweleta - ST - Kweleta just keeps getting better. When I originally started at Dynamos 4 years ago and a league lower, I wasn't sure he was even able to play effectively at that level. However, he's improved greatly and continues to surprize me. His goal contribution is up this year as well, tied with Van Graan.

Alcardo Van Graan - ST - Van Graan is finding the back of the net this year. He's a much better improvement over Rodgers. However, he's starting to attract interest as well, especially from the Bundesliga in Germany.

New Players - One signing so far in the January window. I finally found a decent rightback.

J. B. Ncubeni - D/WB RL - I have a young rightack thats been getting some first squad time, but he needs to have time off as well. Ncubeni will take the pressure off my youth as he develops.

Youth Update - As I was talking about youth a bit more and developing their facilities, I thought I'd highlight my 3 youth players that have made the transition to my first squad.

Sandile Shongwe - D C - Shongwe has actually had playing time over the past two seasons. His mentoring with Chabalala has greatly improved his determination as well as the reast of his skills. He quickly turning into one of my best players at the back.

Dingaan Mkhwanazi - D R - Mkhwanazi was stagnating in development for a bit, but now that Shogwe has finished working with Chabalala, I've put these tow together in a mentor pairing. It's paid off perfectly. In addition, Mkhwanazi is leading the league in tackles! Not back for a young guy! :)

Giovanni Powell - M/AM C - Powell has been getting some time, but not as much. He is improving, albiet slower than the others due to not having a quality mentor for him.

Budget Updates - I've kept my same level of expectation; however, my budget has gone up significantly in transfers.

Wage Budget: $1 807 187, an increase of $16 224 (currently spending $1 779 149)

Transfer Budget: $1 480 362, an increase of $1 457 732

Keep it up cerud you're doing great so far. :D

Cheers, rancer! :) So far, so good. I've got two thirds of the season done and am tied in points with Kaizer Chiefs with Ama Zulu just behind us both. Sould be an interesting final push!

Doing well so far,hopefully you'll be able to pip Kaizer Chiefs :D
Big improvements so far this season.

Hopefully you can maintain your title push. You're going to be close anyway :)

You're doing very well this season. Hopefully you can push on for the title!

Thanks all. I wish I could say it going well. I made it up to first place and, instantly...as always, my team starts to think the season is done...I can't buy a win now...

EDIT: Game crashed and now I have to redo all those lost games...an odd silver lining, I guess.

Sounds like it's going to go right down to the wire! Hope your squad can uncharacteristically hold their nerve for the remainder of it ;):D

Thanks, Raware :) I wish that was the case...I just replayed all those matches, including one against a team a couple leagues below me in the Nedbank Cup...no difference. My team simply will not play at the end of the season. I'm really starting to get fed up with South Arica.

I know the feeling, on FM 11 had a side from Belarus who from immediately after promotion always looked like title challengers in the first 1/3 or 1/2 of the season then just dropped off badly afterwards. Got annoying after a few years. Might move on then if it happens again?

Thanks, Raware :) I wish that was the case...I just replayed all those matches, including one against a team a couple leagues below me in the Nedbank Cup...no difference. My team simply will not play at the end of the season. I'm really starting to get fed up with South Arica.

I suppose that's the beauty of FM12...you can pick and choose which leagues to load when you want, not like previous versions in which you were 'stuck' with the leagues you loaded from the start.

I guess you're looking for a move soon then? Before or after you've brought the title to Dynamos?

I know the feeling, on FM 11 had a side from Belarus who from immediately after promotion always looked like title challengers in the first 1/3 or 1/2 of the season then just dropped off badly afterwards. Got annoying after a few years. Might move on then if it happens again?
I suppose that's the beauty of FM12...you can pick and choose which leagues to load when you want, not like previous versions in which you were 'stuck' with the leagues you loaded from the start.

I guess you're looking for a move soon then? Before or after you've brought the title to Dynamos?

Cheers, deltablue and Raware. Well...I may be holding off on that move for a while yet... ;)

2014-2015 Season in Review

180px-Dynamos.png

100.jpg

1st Place - League Champions

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Vindication! Relief! Champions! One of the more nerve-wracking seasons I've managed. We had a bad streak for four winless games, but the Kaizer Chiefs were in a similar poor streak. This let a couple other teams catch up. But we retook 1st spot by 1 point with 4 games to go. It went right down to the final game of the season for us to solidify our win. Ama Zulu pushed right till the end, only losing their final game. However, Dynamos FC is now on top of the ABSA Premiership and has qualified for the Orange CAF Champions League in Africa for next year! :)

The Cups...

MTN 8 - We made the finals only to lose to the Kaizer Chiefs in a penalty shootout. Tough beat, but my Board didn't really care about this competition.

Telkom Knockout - Lost in the quarter final to Santos FC, a game we really should have won.

Nedbank Cup - Lost to a team a league lower than us. Unfortunately, this game came during our crisis of confidence in the latter half of the season. The game was a casualty of that.

Transfers - Be strengthened our wings and the back end this year. Still need to do some omore work on defense, but the squad is looking fairly good.

Seydouba Souma - M/AM R - Both Souma and Maambela tied in assists for the team and were subsequently both 3rd in the league. It's nice to know that I have either side as option for moving the ball up and crossing it in.

Mark Mayambela - WB R, M/AM RLC, ST - As above.

Andile Kweleta - ST - Our top goalscorer and 2nd in the league. Kweleta continues to surprize me, always in the positive.

Finances - Over $2 million in the bank and should grow once the season bonuses kick in.

Facilities - Our planned youth facilities expansion just got cancelled, but we finished our stadium expansion. We now have a 15 000 all-seater stadium.

Fans Player of the Year - TBD

Awards

Hall of Fame - I've now made the manager's hall of fame for Canadian managers and in South Africa.

• Canadian nationality Managers - 2nd Place
  • South African Managers - 7th Place

Next Year...

Well, I'm trying to sign a new contract. Trying. They had offered one before and I had turned it down because I was getting fed up with South Africa. However, they offered me another one and I asked to delay until the end of the year, which they agreed to. I want to stay and manage in the CAF Champions League, but they still haven't come back with the contract offer again like they said they would. They've got two days until it expires. The interaction option in the Board is greyed out, so I guess its up to them. Patiently waiting...

Awesome...Well on the final day of my contract, I was able to ask the Board for a new one. They said they would open up negotiations right away. However, one day later, I'm unemployed.

AH well, I can hold my head up high knowing I got Dynamos FC to the highest level of South African football and won the title. Title to pack up and head across the world to somewhere else.

That just sounds like a mismanaged board. Good luck on your job search!

Thanks, ArsenalMetro. I'm thinking I may have to drop to a lower rep league to get a job though. My reputation in South Africa is Continental and I've won a league title and one of the minor cups. Also have 3 Manager of the Year under my belt. However, I'm not sure how much recognition my South African exploits have been noticed elsewhere... We'll see.

24 June 2015

From the News Ticker...

In what many are calling a surprize move, FK Spartak MAS Sezimovo Ústí, a small club in the Druhá Liga of the Czech Republic have appointed Cerud as their new manager. After a disappointing 14th finish least season, just above relegation, Chairman Tomas Samec and Director of Football Martin Svoboda sacked former manager Lubos Zakostelsky from his post. Samec, on introducing Cerud, stated that he was an admirer of his ability to turn a squad such a Dynamos FC in South Africa into their number one squad in under five years. Whether such a statement puts pressure on Cerud to perform in the Czech Republic as he did in South Africa remains to be seen.

masg.jpg

FK Spartak MAS Sezimovo Ústí - Druhá Liga

After applying to a few jobs, I quickly realized that my exploits in South Africa were not well known. I decided to settle for a significant wage cut and take a job where I can hopefully get noticed better and gain some real recognition. I've signed a two year, $68 000 per annum deal, much lower than the $190 000 I was previously making. However, I hope the move offers me an opportunity to grow. I'm also hoping two years gets me in a position to get Sezimovo Ústí possibly promoted.

A quick background...

Founded in 1921, FK Spartak MAS Sezimovo Ústí are a professional Czech club currently playing in the Druhá Liga. The club play their home games at Soukeník and possess adequate training facilities and basic youth facilities. The club also has average junior coaching and a fairly basic youth recruitment network.

Although they have never won a competition, the club are enjoying probably their best spell of success this decade.

Right now, the club's main problem is finances. They are just over $1.58M in debt. Hopefully, I can begin to change this while still bringing some good football to the people of Sezimovo Ústí.

Soukeník is a small stadium, with a capacity of only 2 500 (750 seated), much different from the 15 00 all-seater I was only recently selling out!

soukenik.jpg

2015-2016 Pre-season

masg.jpg

Druhá Liga: Achieve a safe mid-table position

Ondrášovka Cup: 3rd Round

Media Prediction: 12th of 16

Sky Bet Promotion Odds: 40-1

Wage Budget: $584 730 (currently spending $430 144)

Transfer Budget: None (Back to this again...)

Kit Sponsorship: $275 034

Good luck in the Czech Republic cerud!
An interesting move. Surprised the Dynamos board let your contract run out :confused:. Good luck with no money to spend...again! ;):D
Well done for your accomplishment in South Africa,shame the board let your contract run out!!! Good luck in Czech Republic with FK Spartak MAS Sezimovo Ústí :thup:

THanks, rancer, Raware, and BWG! I was hoping to stay with Dynamos for another year and give the CAF Champions League a try, but I guess it wasn't to be. But I'm committed to Sezimovo Ústí and ready to move up with them for a while.

Another manager in the Czech Republic! I'm sure you'll do well.

Thanks, ArsenalMetro! I'm in the league below you right now, but I hope to be a promotion contender in a couple years. THis club has money problems and a very small stadium as well, so not much coming in. Hoping to change that a bit.

2015-2016 Pre-season Matches

masg.jpg

Pre-season this year was all abot me getting used to a new squad of players and an entirely new tactic. The team just didn't suit what I was playing so I'm going to a 433.

Czech Republic - Strakonice - won 6-0

Czech Republic - Brumov - tied 0-0

Czech Republic - FK Banit Most - won 3-0

Czech Republic - Votice - won 5-0

A good pre-season all around. I was very happy with our win against Most as they are in our league and are, in fact, our first league match. The squad is shaping up nicely as well.

Archived