[FM12] Canadian travelling with a oddly checkered ball [journeyman FM12]

cerud

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2015-2016 Off-season Transfers

masg.jpg

FK Spartak MAS Sezimovo Ústí - Druhá Liga

Transfers - There was a lot of change needed at Sezimovo Ústí, mainly because they had such a small squad. I pretty much let everyone go who had their contract expiring at the end of June as they were not of the calibre required for this league. I've started to build the squad up. May be one other signing yet, not sure.

Tomas Zdrazil - GK - I needed a secondary goalkeeper, but only Zdrazil was available. I'll be going with two 18 year old goalkeepers; probably switching them off and on as their level of play dictates. Both as good for this league, but Zdrazil edges my other one slightly.

Petr Glaser - M C - An experienced midfielder, Glaser has had time with Sparta Prague B and Sokolov. He's a solid Druhá Liga player and should do well.

Serge Touré - AM L, ST - One of my loan signings, Touré is fast poaching striker. Lightning quick and monster finishing for this league.

Iliyan Georgiev - AM C, ST - Georgiev will play on the opposite side to round out my attack. Quick as well, but more well rounded than Touré.

That's a really modern stadium you've got there ;)

Unlucky on the Dynamos front, really odd that your contract was left to expire. Good luck with your new team, I really have now idea how you pronounce it though!

Yep...pretty sure Vancouver, where I live, has elementary schools with bigger and better pitches to play on ;) Ahh well, time to move on! I'm fully committed to my Czech side (as I have a strong Czech background myself on my dad's side) so upward and onward.

Just have my name attached to another job for the first time! And it's a Canadian team! :)

jobw.jpg

While its nice for have the recognition adn I am hoping to go into MLS at some point, I want to manage Vancouver more. Also, I just took this job I have now and it would be in bad taste to apply for Toronto FC afteer only a one and a half on the job ;)

19 September 2015

From the News Ticker...

Elation...

elation.jpg

Decision...

decision.jpg

Inevitability...

inevitability.jpg

Well...

wellx.jpg

Being that it was Vancovuer and my name as partly attached, I had to apply. Also, the Czech Republic is not as friendly as I'd hoped...

2015-2016 Resigning

masg.jpg

FK Spartak MAS Sezimovo Ústí - Druhá Liga

From the News Ticker...

In a move that has surprized many, Sezimovo Ústí newcomer Cerud has applied for the recently open Vancouver Whitecaps job in the MLS. Cerud, a Canadian and former resident of Vancouver, has sought a move home to manage a side in his native nation. Sezimovo Ústí Chairman Thomas Samec has asked for a formal apology from Cerud. Speaking to media, Cerud stated, "A job opened up and I applied as I am free to do so. Aparently free speech is not so free." No apology forthcoming, Cerud has resigned from his duties with the club.

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - In 8 games, we had 7 straight red cards. Our team literally shot themselves in their own foot. I spent many a post game ranting at my squad. Most of these were winnable; however, my team, rather than coming equipped with boots, decided so show up with clubs and baseball bats as weapons. No wonder I wanted out.

Ondrášovka Cup - This cup, the Czech Republic's FA Cup, was our one good thing going. We had beaten higher clubs and we're succeeding where pundits though we wouldn't. I hope their good form continues.

Unlucky that it didn't work out in the Czech Republic. Do you have any preference of which continent you would like to manage in next?

Thanks, roganp. No preferences right now, basically want a team to grow with for a bit, gain some reputation, and forget my last job ;)

Unlucky mate...good luck in your next job!
Well that was certainly a short stay. Best of luck wherever you end up!

Unluckey indeed! Doesn't help things when you play every match with only 10 men. But I have my sights set on a team thats available...

3 October 2011

From the News Ticker...

Former FK Spartak MAS Sezimovo Ústí manager Cerud has wasted no time in finding new employment. Taking over perenntial regelation side Preston North End in England's nPower Football League Two, Cerud stated he sees much of himself in the club. "Preton has had a tough time in the past few years wih back-to-back relegations. I've had my own challenges to overcome as well in recent management. I think time and place has brought us together, to change both of our fortunes." As Preston is currently sitting 19th position after 11 matches, it remains to be seen if Cerud can institude any change before the club continue its downward slide toward obscurity.

pne_crest.jpg

Preston North End - nPower Football League Two

Preston was the only available job that I felt would be a good fit and that would consider me a good candidate. I've signed an $88 000 per year contract till the end of the 2016-2017 season. Preston has had a horrible past few years, dropping from the Championship League to League Two. There is nothing stopping them from changing their fortunes. They're an underachieving side that has the ability to fight back.

A quick background...

Founded in 1881, Preston North End are a professional English club currently playing in the nPower Football League Two. The club play their home games at Deepdale and possess good training facilities and adequate youth facilities. The Preston reserve team play at Victory Park. The club also has average junior coaching and an average youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as North End and retains a fierce rivalry with Blackpool and Burnley.

The club enjoyed probably their best spell of success during the 1890s. Although now enduring a fifteen year barren spell, having not won a competition since 2000, North End still have a history of which they can be justly proud. Preston won the English top division in 1889 and 1890 and finished runners-up on six occasions, won the FA Cup in 1889 and 1938 and finished runners-up on five occasions, won the English 2nd tier in 1904, 1913, and 1951 and finished runners-up on two occasions, and won the English 3rd tier in 191 and 2000.

This is also another club in financial trouble. They have a bank loan of $1M and a gift loan of $40M. However, the gift loan only has to be repaid when the club is profitable, so that helps.

Deepdale is a very good stadium for this level, especially since it was for a Championship League level side. Its a 23 404 all-seater.

640px-Deepdalecomplete.jpg

Definitely in need of rescuing.

Cheers, deltablue :) Preston actually have to Premiership titles in their history, including the very first one ever. I'd love to get them back up to the Championship League at least. However, I still have to see what I got. Some fairly young faces on this squad :)

2015-2016 Pre-season (for me!)

pne_crest.jpg

nPower Football League Two: Will not be judged at the time

FA Cup with Budweiser: 2nd Round

Carling Cup: Already eliminated

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Already eliminated

Media Prediction: 11th of 24

Sky Bet Promotion Odds: Unsure

Wage Budget: $1 863 347 (currently spending $2 090 150)

Transfer Budget: $41 680

Kit Sponsorship: $321K

General Sponsorship: $11.35K

Setting the Stage...

The season is already 11 games into a 46 game schedule. North End has been eliminated from both the Carling Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy. There's been no draw for the FA Cup as of yet. While the club is in 11th place, the standings a tight and there room to go...either way...

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Only two wins in those eleven matches. However, the matches that have been lost were close, most only be a 1 goal difference. This team can change...I can feel it.

A short and sweet stay in the Czech Republic! ;)

A fine club to sign with though and one that has history and tradition in the form of PNE, something I like in a club. Not to mention the greats that have graced Deedale over the years :thup:.

A short and sweet stay in the Czech Republic! ;)

A fine club to sign with though and one that has history and tradition in the form of PNE, something I like in a club. Not to mention the greats that have graced Deedale over the years :thup:.

Better stadium this time ;)

Good luck sorting Preston out. They are a club that should not be anywhere near to basement of the Football League.

Thanks, Raware and AK22! Let's just say that, so far, I'm very happy at my move to Preston ;) I'll be hoping to re-establish some of that stories history back in the near future.

2015-2016 Mid-season Update

pne_crest.jpg

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - What a difference a new manager can make! ;) Since I've accepted the job, Preston has gone W7 D3 L2, and we've moved up into playoff contention. I have been happy how well the squad has adapted to the change in responding immediatly for me. I've gone to a 442, trying to balance attacking and defending. Now, rather then hoping for a top 10 showing, I'm gunning for at least a playoff push.

Transfers - I haven't made any moves at all yet as the squad was already 11 matches into the season when I joined. However, I expect to be busy right away in the January transfer window. Currently, we are close just over $275 000 over our wage budget. This needs to be addressed as I have few large contracts in players that I'm not using. In addition, I want to start growing for the future at North End.

Players of Note...

Adam Burton - M C - Burton is a solid midfielder for this level, but has been attracted a lot of attention from several League One teams. He contribution in assists is notable.

Keammar Daley - M R, AM RC, ST - Arguably the best player on the squad, Daley is strong on the right wing. He's a constant Jamacian national player and is our current leader in assists and second on the club for goals.

Russel Mackin - ST - Young Mackin is our top goalscorer. He was struggling under previous management, but has really come on fire in these matches since I arrived. Therefore, take all the credit ;)

Good luck with Preston. Keep it up to where you're at and who knows where you are at the end of the season. :D
Good luck with PNE cerud. I'm sure you will get them back up the divisions, looks like things are going well at the moment.

Thanks rancer and roganp. So far, its looking good. I've got the team up to 3rd place with 11 matches still to go, an automatic promotion spot. I think I can challenge for teh top spot, but we'll see.

Good luck with PNE. I'm just hoping you'll last a season! :p

Cheeky! :p

The League One and Two should not be diffcult for you to maneuver through - especially with a player like Daley!

Thanks, abulezz. Daley is amazing at this level! I just hope that I can hold onto him before other clubs swoop in and try to to lure him away.

2015-2016 Youth Candidate Intake

pne_crest.jpg

Youth Candidates

Not really anybody to write home about. My assistant manager seems to think that Paul Perkins is the best of the lot. Not bad, but would need some decent improvement in order ot have a shot on the 1st squad.

Hmmm, dont know how Perkins is going to develop, but Im generally not a fan of strikers with low technical ability :(

Yeah, I agree. Not my favourite youth candidate I've ever had, that's for sure.

2015-2016 Season in Review

pne_crest.jpg

3rd Place - Promoted to nPower Football League One

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - When I joined, Preston was sitting in 19th and falling fast. They were underachieving by far even though they had the players to mount a campaign. My appointment shook them up and we were off. A brilliant turn of fortune had us entering into playoff contention and even pushing for automatic promotion. Our change of play made us a contender.

The Cups...

FA Cup with Budweizer - This was the one cup that I was a part of. We made our Board happy by making the 2nd Round, but were taken out by League One side Oxford.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Already eliminated when I arrived.

Carling Cup - Already eliminated when I arrived.

Transfers - Didn't do much movement myself except to unload a few players. This off-season will be my chance to remake this squad really for League One play.

Players of Note...

Nicky Palmer - D C - One of our loan signings, this Aston Villa defender was amazing for us. Our top player on the back end. Contributed greatly in attacking corners as well.

Keammar Daley - M R, AM RC, ST - Just named League Two Player of the Season, Daley affected play in almost every match. He played for me on the right wing, contributing equally in goals and assists.

Russell Mackin - ST - Our top goalscorer and 5th in the league. Mackin is young and still ready to contribute next season.

Tony Moore - AM R, ST - Mackin's offensive partner. Hand his hand in goalscoring, but was our top assist maker and 2nd in the league to help Mackin.

Finances - We had a profitable season, but are still in the red overall. Hopefully, moving up a league will help with revenues.

Facilities - Unfortunately, just had a message in my inbox. Our youth facilities have been downgraded to basic.

youthi.jpg

Awards

Fans' Player of the Year - Keammar Daley

Former Club Watch

Dynamos FC - Dynamos dropped to 16th this season, lost all other competitions in the first round, and went through 3 managers. Ouch...

FK Spartak MAS Sezimovo Ústí - Apparently, I was the problem. They finished the season in 3rd and got promoted to the top flight of Czech football.

In Other News...

Whoever I have that handled my sponsorships should be shot...

kitz.jpg

Next Year...

I still have another year on my contract with Preston North End; however, my name is increasingly attacted to jobs in the MLS. A few, I've actually been asked to comment on. I haven't committed either way. I would take a Vancouver managerial job at this time, but other than that, I'd like to see how I fare with Preston in League One.

Not a bad first season! ;) Nothing like making an immediate impact at a new club. Any views on how you'll cope in League One?

Thanks, Raware! Not sure how I'll do in League One yet. I'll be keeping about 10 or so players from my squad. I'll definitely need to strengthen up. The good thing is that my stadim is big enough to accomodate a much larger crowd still. Didn't even come close to selling 50% over it last year.

Excellent work reviving Preston

Cheers, deltablue.

Great season, good luck in League 1 :thup:

Thanks, City2000! Always good to see a new commentor :)

I've missed quite a bit,a nice short stay in Czech Republic followed up by an immediate impact with Preston.Good luck in League 1 :thup:
Great recovery, getting promotion was more than they could have expected from you :thup:
What an impact your arrival has made. Good luck in League 1, I wouldn't expect it to be much more difficult than League 2 :)

Thanks, BWG, AK22, and roganp. Definitely a lot happened this past year. Two teams, promotion, and an instant impact for a team that was in dire need of a change. Hopefully, League One won't be too much of a jump for my players. :)

2016-2017 Pre-season

pne_crest.jpg

Preston North End - nPower Football League One

nPower Football League One: Stay clear of relegation

FA Cup with Budweiser: 3rd Round

Carling Cup: 2nd Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Quarter Finals

Media Prediction: 20th of 24

Sky Bet Promotion Odds: 16-1 (really? wow...)

Wage Budget: $1 814 259, a decrease of $49 088 (currently spending $2 029 664...great...promoted and they lower my wage allowance...)

Transfer Budget: None...again

Kit Sponsorship: $165K

TV Rights: $664K

Well...I said this was a journeyman career ;)

8 July 2016

From the News Ticker...

Recently promoted manager Cerud is moving on. The Daggers have approached Cerud and have been able to convince him away from Deepdale to take over the underachieving Dagenham & Redbridge. Cerud stated that his time with Preston was enjoyable and that the move onward was amicable.

Dagenham_and_Crest.png

Dagenham & Redbridge - nPower Football League One

I was offered the job at Dag & Red and it was too good to turn down. Preston is going to have a horrible time staying up this season as their wage budget is miniscule. A third of their budget is tied up in two players and there is no chance of this changing because of their precarious financial situation ($40M debt anyone??).

Now, Dag & Red are a much better situation for further growth. They have a decent squad and barely any current debt (only $2.9M). Also, the wage budget is way better! Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

A quick background...

Founded in 1992, Dagenham & Redbridge are a professional English club currently playing in the nPower Football League One. The club play their home games at Victoria Road and possess fairly basic training facilities and very basic youth facilities. The club also have average junior coaching and a fairly basic youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as The Daggers.

Having enjoyed success as recently as 2007, The Daggers are a club with a growing history. Dag & Red finished runners-up in the English 4th tier for teh only time in 2015, won the English 5th tier for the only time in 2007 and finished runners-up once, and won the FA Trophy in 1980 and finished runners-up on two occasions, and won the English 6th tier in 2000.

I'm hoping this is a club that I can grow with for a few years, but if the chance for movement upwards and onwards continues, then so do I. We'll see...

Victoria Road, while smaller than Deepdale, is in much better condition and shouldn't be downgraded of have stands closed, like I was experiencing with Preston. Its a 6077 (2200 seated) stadium).

dagenham-and-redbridge-victoria-road.jpg

2016-2017 Pre-season

Dagenham_and_Crest.png

Dagenham & Redbridge - nPower Football League One

nPower Football League One: Stay clear of relegation

FA Cup with Budweiser: 3rd Round

Carling Cup: 2nd Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Quarter Finals

Media Prediction: 22th of 24

Sky Bet Promotion Odds: Unsure

Wage Budget: $2 653 082 (currently spending $2 166 694)

Transfer Budget: None

Main Kit Sponsorship: $60 445

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $8 885

2016 UEFA European Championship

miniLogoEuro2016.jpg

Group A: Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Hungary

Group B: England, Ukraine, Poland, Bularia

Group C: Italy, Montenegro, Turkey, Sweden

Group D: Greece, Netherlands, Germany, Iceland

Group E: France, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Austria, Slovenia

Group F: Russia, Croatia, Switzerland, Czech Republic

2nd Round

Ukraine 0 - 1 Belgium

Croatia 1p - 1 France

Poland 2 - 4e England

Russia 1 - 2 Turkey

Spain 2p - 2 Bosnia & Herzegovina

Italy 1 - 1p Germany

Switzerland 1 - 2 Greece

Netherlands 2 - 1 Montenegro

Quarter Finals

Belgium 3 - 0 Croatia

England 3e - 2 Turkey

Germany 0 - 1 Spain

Greece 0 - 2 Netherlands

Semi Finals

Belgium 1p - 1 Netherlands

England 0 - 1 Spain

Final

Belgium 0 - 1 Spain

There has been a ton of managers either leaving or being sacked, including Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Turkey, Switzerland, Russia, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, and Iceland

Although they're not the bigger club, financial wise and options for further growth make it a good move for me. To have that much debt and players on such a high wage at Preston, it didn't look like you could really progress. I'm sure you can stay clear of relegation this season...just don't lose to Preston ;)

Archived