[FM12] Canadian travelling with a oddly checkered ball [journeyman FM12]

cerud

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could use a player of Pera's caliber on the national team... :thup:

Good luck wherever you head next!

Pera has been attracting clubs from all over Europe and is a mainstay and good goalscorer for the Canadian national team in my save. He's a player I'd definitely love to bring to wherever I go.

Not bad coming close to Boca.

Thanks, deltablue. I can't complain with how my stint in Canada has gone :) Two MLS Cups, a Canadian Championship, and a CONCACAF Champions League title to give us the Club World Cup berth.

2019 International Year in Review

nigeria-national-soccer-team-logo.jpg

Nigeria National Football Team

FIFA World Ranking - 21st

World Rankings | Past Positions - Our position has fallen somewhat; however, this is mainly due to not playing all that many matches. I'm not worried as I expect it to pick up with competitions in 2020.

African Cup of Nations 2021 Qualifiers - Only one match has been played so far, against Malawi. A solid win.

Friendlies - Only two friendly matches played with me as manager. Still learning our tactic, so I expect such matches to improve with time.

2020 Preview

FIFA World Cup CAF 2022 Qualifiers - Qualify easily from the final of the CAF Qualifiers

Africa Cup of Nations 2021 Qualifiers - Qualify easily from the group stages of Cup of Nations Qualifiers

4th January 2020

From the News Ticker...

Well, I've now been officially unemployed for four days and have just received my first unsolicited offer. However, its a pretty good one.

corinthiansk.png

Pros

• Highest reputation club in Brazil, 20th in the world
  • Good 48 000 all-seater stadium and top training facilities
  • Wage budget space to play with

Cons

• $174M in debt even though finances are listed as secure

I had been hoping for Europe, but when a club such as Corinthians comes calling, its tough to decline.

Need help on this one. Suggestions?

I would definately take that mate, One of the biggest clubs in South America :p
I say go to Corinthians. The debt isn't too much of a problem if you don't go crazy with spending on transfers and wages. And you got Libertadores income too if you do well there.
I would take it :thup:.
Europe all the way

Thanks to all for the suggestions and welcome specifically to SRL88 and Jonfun to the thread! :) Most of you said exactly what I was thinking. While I believed that Europe was going to become my new home, it looks like that will be waiting for a bit as I make by way to Brazil! :)

4th January 2012

From the News Ticker...

In desire manager Cerud, after leading the Vancouver Whitecaps to consecutive MLS victories, has moved southward. Reputable club Corinthians has scooped up the travelling manager as he embarks on yet another new adventure and nation. Said Cerud as during his final press conference in Vancouver, "My goal was to bring success to the Whitecaps a city where I had lived before and loved. I am proud of what the club and boys have been able to accomplish and believe that the city of Vancouver will have a franchise that will continue to do well in the years to come." Now that Cerud, has moved to Corinthians, he joins an elite eschelon of global football clubs. It remains to be seen if he will be able to translate his career successes continuously at this scale.

3266310_249px.jpg?1322275866

SC Corinthians Paulista - Campeonato Petrobras Brasileiro da Série A

While I was expecting to move, I wasn't expecting Brazil to be my destination! However, I have signed a two year, $1.8M contract, almost quintupling my Vancouver contract :) Now I need to show Corinthians that I deserve it.

A quick background...

Founded in 1910, SC Corinthians Paulista are a professional Brazilian club currently playing in the Campeonato Petrobras Brasileiro da Série A. The club play their home games at Estádio do Corinthians and possess top training facilities and adequate youth facilities. The club also have above average junior coaching and an established youth recruitment network.

Having enjoyed their greatest spell of success in the 2010s, Timão are undoubtably one of the most successful clubs in Brazil. Boasting a proud total of fifty-four competition wins, here are just some of their highlights: Corinthians finished runners-up in the Copa Libertadores in 2013, won the FIFA Club World Cup in 2000, finished runners-up in the Recopa Sudamericana in 2014, and won the Brazilian top division six times and finished runners-up on seven occasions.

The Estádio do Corinthians is a 48 000 all-seaterin very good condition and owned outright by the club. Definitely a top stadium!

projecao-do-estadio-do-corinthians-noturna(1).jpg

I'm trying to get my head around Brazilian football. So...I have the national domestic league of the top teams in the nation. However, there is also the Sao Paulo state league (the state which I'm in), which plays clubs within that state, regardless of size. Essentially, I play in two leagues in a year, plus cup competitions. That means a lot of football!!! May also mean a few more updates as leagues start/end etc.

Just win every game, you'll be fine then :p

Thanks, AK22. Sounds good! :rolleyes:

Brazil always intrigues me - my favorite part is how many quality youngsters come through the ranks for the Brazilian clubs!

Cheers, abulezz. I've managed in Argentina in FM11, but Brazil looks like a whole new experience. Two different leagues a year separated by nation and state and on top of that, the cups. I will be busy! Youth should be good too!

Congratulations on the new job! Hope everything goes well in Brazil!
Good luck in Brazil with Corinthians except for when it comes to Majestoso derby :p

Thanks, iHeadHunta and BWG!

That has to be the strangest stadium I've ever seen, barring this one, of course:

Bursaspor.

The stadium is a pretty cool mockup. Supposed to be built for real in 2013.

Did a great job with Vancouver and put up a good fight in the Club World Cup.

Good luck on your new adventure in Brazil!

Thanks, City2000. Always nice to manage in one's native country and the city I live in as well. But new adventures call!

2020 Pre-season

3266310_249px.jpg?1322275866

SC Corinthians Paulista

Campeonato Petrobras Brasileiro da Série A: Win the Brasileirão Petrobras

Campeonato Paulista Série A1: Win the Paulistão

Media Prediction: 1st

Wage Budget: $63 297 396 (currently spending $56 486 145)

Transfer Budget: $11 549 003

Main Kit Sponsorship: $10 360 000

Additional Kit Sponsor: $9 920 000

Stadium Sponsorship: $9 238 000

Additional Kit Sponsor: $6 188 000

Additional Kit Sponsor: $1 259 000

Additional Kit Sponsor: $1 259 000

General Sponsorship: $1 209 748

TV Deal: $60.01M

So, we start with the Campeonato Paulista Série A1, which is the Sao Paulo state league. It's 19 matches, each team plays each other once. After that is complete, there is about a month break and then the Campeonato Petrobras Brasileiro da Série A begins, which is the Brazilian national league.

Well, I did a stupid thing. In going through and cleaning up old files in my computer, removing junk (I'm a writer, so I have many, many old files of things I've started then forgotten about...), I've mistakenly deleted my save folder. I will be starting up again, but I figure I may as well wait until the next patch, which I expect to come out sometime in early February once all of the transfer updates have been added.

Thanks to all for following and I will be back...smarter this time! :)

Cerud

Archived