Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're limiting yourself massively with that rule that everyone else seems to throw out of the window above the age of 18+. You're around my age iirc (20) so theres only 2/3 years in it which is nothing. Go for it man!

I suppose as I've never been in the position, it's easy to dismiss it. I'm sure, if I ever get in that position it wouldn't bother me. At the moment it does for some reason.

I think you need to get into that position, exchange a few bodily fluids and get the monkey off your back.

After that, you'll be banging grannies in no time.

I think it's weird to have a partner more than a year older either side of the age you are.

I used to have the same sort of problem until recently. Dated a friend of a friend, only found out her age a couple of weeks in, and by then it was too late to become a problem.

I think it's weird to have a partner more than a year older either side of the age you are.

You'll think i am very wierd then. My wife is 7 & 1/2 years older than me.

out of interest what are the other NF restrictions that SRL88 was refering to?

You've changed since becoming a mod, always passing the buck :thdn:

I just thought it would be easier for Tom to tell him :D.

SRL is a mod?! When did this happen? Congrats :thup:

Tarrrr.

You're just a bit weird, that's all.
Understating is an understatement.

:D

Zaha deal confirmed. Interesting.

Personally I think hes overrated like many people who have pace in the lower leagues. He has 1 or 2 tricks but no end product at all. Luckily the end product can be worked on though ala Ronaldo.

Personally I think hes overrated like many people who have pace in the lower leagues. He has 1 or 2 tricks but no end product at all. Luckily the end product can be worked on though ala Ronaldo.
He is like Sterling in a sense that he is raw. Lennon was similar when he was younger that his final ball was appauling, but that has improved over time.

The problem I have when referring to Sterling (17) and Ronaldo (18), is that when they were making the step up into the first team of big clubs they were both a couple of years younger than Zaha is. I'm not saying that at twenty he's not got that great potential, just that he's having to change things about his game that bit later.

Anyway yeah, overpaid at £10million rising to £15million.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from with that and agree.

The annoying thing with the fee is that it is just typical of what you have to pay for English players. Like Sturridge for us. He has made a cracking impact and I am delighted, but due to the lack of games he was playing for Chelsea it was difficult justifying a £12m fee. If he was of a different nationality, we would have probably played £5m less or something.

Any sentence that starts with "Apparently" is ********. :D

I've been right with all the predictions of who've you been gonna sign days before they've been announced for you by using the same 'apparently' line :D

You've only announced Zaha signing because of the media btw, they got wind of it and forced the issue. The idea was to announce it in the summer even though he was your player now.

A friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Crystal Palace and he says: "Skill wise he is the best player Palace have ever had. I'm not sure if I have seen many players do the things that he does."

I'm excited to see him step up into the Premier League. I don't think the £10m fee is too far wide of the mark. Considering Walcott and Oxlade cost similar. Working with top players at Carrington everyday is only going to make him better.

Just turned up to my folks house for dinner, which actually turned out to be my mum's 40th birthday celebrations. I'm the worst dressed here by far .. so much for the notice.

Did you forget or something? :D

How old are you btw?

****ing hell. Can't believe I even forgot about that :o.

Pfft silly sod :D

Did you forget or something? :D

How old are you btw?

Her birthday was on the 6th, but the kitchen burnt down early December so the house hasn't been habitable until recently. I wasn't told about the BBQ.

I'm 21 years young :)

Oh!

Dydd Santes Dwynwen hapus i pawb ;)

Valentines day for you lot?

Oasis - (It's Good) To Be Free :cool:

Rockin'chair is my favourite, they were ****ing awesome at Knebworth 97/98

Her birthday was on the 6th, but the kitchen burnt down early December so the house hasn't been habitable until recently. I wasn't told about the BBQ.

I'm 21 years young :)

BBQ, sterotypical Aussies :D