[FM12] Kenco's World League

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to upgrade my PC just for a career game using this World League. I'm playing on a 6 year old Q6600 3GB RAM. Next up is one of the newer i7's at xmas as a treat for myself :)

How stable is it for a 10 to 20 season game using about 30 leagues? Or would that take a beast of a machine to simulate that long?

edit..And it also seems to work fine with Nik's Data packs and the Weegie Update.

My PC isn't that great, it's over 3 years old now and FM is getting slower every year. I've just booted up a game with 3 nations loaded, but the beauty of the add/remove leagues function means that if you fancy taking over a Jamaican club next season you can add the league and get rid of another one.

I'm glad it works with those other files, what do they do? I've never even looked at those threads.

Was a tough choice between Bermuda and Swaziland, but have loaded up Bermuda.

The North Village Community Club Rams :cool:

This is going to be great.

I tip my hat to you Kenco sir.

I had to do Swaziland after having a great game on FM10 with the most originally named team in the world, Eleven Men.

Im so glad you maaged to get this done this year Kenco :)

Sipping a Kenco coffee in your name as i type lol

Downloading now and ill report back on who ive taken on, congrats mate on the best add-on for FM12 so far

Thanks for the support, keep me updated on your progress.

Amazing work!

I'd like to manage a team that is in the world league but whose nation can't be loaded. Can you give me some advice on how to alter the database to make them playable? The team is Muangthong Utd from Thailand.

It's very easy, especially if you just want a one league system. Go into the editor and load the database. Go to competitions and filter nation to Thailand. Find their top division and click on teams to see how many they have. If more than 8, move the lowest rep teams (or any you choose) to another division, or just remove them.

Add nation rules, select Thailand. Set the season dates to start on 6.8.11 and finish on 15.5.12. Go to divisions, add the top division. For this division, set the fixture dates to end on 19.11.11. Add in any other rules you like for prize money, discipline, TV dates, etc. If you are not sure, load up one of the other nation rules files first and have a look at how they work.

No need to edit the WL itself, as Muangthong are included already.

Why is Toronto FC Academy in the North America D League? Im wondering since it is not a manageable team(unless I'm being stupid).

I picked teams based on reputation, didn't really check to see if they were manageable or not.

I picked teams based on reputation, didn't really check to see if they were manageable or not.

That makes sense. I am a bit curious to see how they do since they are an academy team. I imagine the world league would be a little tough for them.

Also only half of the teams in the Canadian Premier League compete in the world league(which is intentional). Do you have any idea how unbalanced the domestic season becomes over time? I'm curious.

That makes sense. I am a bit curious to see how they do since they are an academy team. I imagine the world league would be a little tough for them.

Also only half of the teams in the Canadian Premier League compete in the world league(which is intentional). Do you have any idea how unbalanced the domestic season becomes over time? I'm curious.

No I haven't really paid any special attention to the Canadian league to see what happens over time.

I've kept an eye on the English league though, one test I ran for about 20 seasons and smaller teams were coming through and holding their own against the WL teams. The likes of Crawley and Colwyn Bay were up in the Preimer League whilst Arsenal disappeared into non-league.

No I haven't really paid any special attention to the Canadian league to see what happens over time.

I've kept an eye on the English league though, one test I ran for about 20 seasons and smaller teams were coming through and holding their own against the WL teams. The likes of Crawley and Colwyn Bay were up in the Preimer League whilst Arsenal disappeared into non-league.

That sounds pretty good to me. I have gotten through half of my domestic league. The first two games were awful but we are slowly turning it around. Bring on the North American D League!

I am really enjoying my game right now. Good job on the great database

It's very easy, especially if you just want a one league system. Go into the editor and load the database. Go to competitions and filter nation to Thailand. Find their top division and click on teams to see how many they have. If more than 8, move the lowest rep teams (or any you choose) to another division, or just remove them.

Add nation rules, select Thailand. Set the season dates to start on 6.8.11 and finish on 15.5.12. Go to divisions, add the top division. For this division, set the fixture dates to end on 19.11.11. Add in any other rules you like for prize money, discipline, TV dates, etc. If you are not sure, load up one of the other nation rules files first and have a look at how they work.

Excellent, thanks.

Hey,Kenco great work.

first time using this,did all pre-game selection chose English Regional Premier Divs. + Croatia,and one thing i noticed when started with GNK Dinamo fom Croatia,game starts in july. and by the fixtures "world leauge" starts 27.11. so i have to play all my domestic league matches till that day,right? and when 27.11. comes what happens i just enter world leauge?cos now in july i am still in Croatian premier leauge. is there any way to skip my domestic matches till 27.11.?

this maybe is noob questions but just started to use these edited DB.

thx . so much

Hey,Kenco great work.

first time using this,did all pre-game selection chose English Regional Premier Divs. + Croatia,and one thing i noticed when started with GNK Dinamo fom Croatia,game starts in july. and by the fixtures "world leauge" starts 27.11. so i have to play all my domestic league matches till that day,right? and when 27.11. comes what happens i just enter world leauge?cos now in july i am still in Croatian premier leauge. is there any way to skip my domestic matches till 27.11.?

this maybe is noob questions but just started to use these edited DB.

thx . so much

The domestic leagues are part of the game, but you can always holiday until the world league starts. But beware, you might get sacked!

The number of times in testing that I saw AVB and Wenger sacked in late November is crazy. Steve Bruce never got sacked though. I took over Liverpool and holidayed a few times, got sacked before the new year every time and replaced by assman Clarke. Which I find odd, since it was Clarke looking after the team while I was on holiday!

6 games into my first proper FM12 save and I'm 3rd in the English premier elite, but Carra, Johnson and Squirtle have all picked up long term injuries! Time for Kelly and Coates to shine.

Feel really sorry for TP Mazembe.

Ran a holiday save and they got relegated 5 times in 6 years (tbf, so did Everton, who also went Bankrupt..) :(

Any ideas how we could get teams like that filled with players, without having to load up all of the national leagues? I tried "Add players" option.

Not a huge problem of course, just interested.

Feel really sorry for TP Mazembe.

Ran a holiday save and they got relegated 5 times in 6 years (tbf, so did Everton, who also went Bankrupt..) :(

Any ideas how we could get teams like that filled with players, without having to load up all of the national leagues? I tried "Add players" option.

Not a huge problem of course, just interested.

The African teams are a bit of a problem, as they just keep getting relegated and even the African Super League ends up being taken over by European teams, while the American and Oce/Asian ones seem to hold their own at that level.

I use the "add players to playable teams" box, but it still doesn't help their cause much. Realistically they should do better because they get a lot of money just for being in that league. I also gave all the African leagues a little boost in reputation in an attempt to boost their fortunes, but it doesn't help much. Maybe the clubs themselves just need a big reputation boost so they can immediately challenge.

Very intersting, very good work Kenco.

I can really see the hardwork and planning that went into the project.

Just a couple of doubts though.

Have all the continental competitions been left intact??

And do the the national leagues have cups, super cups, etc???

Will be enjoying a long save thanks to you!!

KUTGW

This looks brilliant, I was wondering if you would be able to let me know how to swap a couple of teams? i.e. I would like to replace Hibs with Aberdeen in the Euro D League - Zone 1, I went into the editor but couldnt find an obvious way to do this... I can load the individual nation rules but couldnt work out how to load the World League to make the swap?

I was just about to ask the same question as i want put Kilmarnock in the world leagues in place of another scottish team

Yeah it works fine to swap them, i swapped a couple but then realised that I wanted even more lower European clubs so I went one step further and added a 9th tier for European clubs only, 16 divisions that feed into the Euro zones :D

This looks brilliant, I was wondering if you would be able to let me know how to swap a couple of teams? i.e. I would like to replace Hibs with Aberdeen in the Euro D League - Zone 1, I went into the editor but couldnt find an obvious way to do this... I can load the individual nation rules but couldnt work out how to load the World League to make the swap?

You cant do it via the nation rules. You need to search for the competition in the database and go to the secondary team tab.

Think i may be being thick but in the editor it doesnt let me load any database other than the default? i.e there is no world league database showing so that i can edit the teams...

It always loads the default one first. Then you can choose the option 'Load data editor', find and select one of the edited files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5fa9r20bvr482jx success. here you go in case you want to include it in the bundle.

Hi Kenco

I enjoyed very much your FM10 version and also I played with it also in a modified version including the reserve team for Juventus in WL10 South Europe so I could have a reserve team to use for my players not ready for WL1 (in Italy there is no reserve championship of course)...and I had also available youth (Primavera) team and its training option available. Also added without problems a Youth Championship including 24 highly rated teams from all over the world.

Now I see that in this your latest version there is youth championship but there is no training option (disappeared the button) and no players under youth contract...so it is a big problem not have the option to have all this suddenly gone...and maybe there will be no new regens and if so how am I going to train them if I can't have my youth coaches available so I could set them up?

Just asking because I am sufficiently good at editing but in this matter have no clue on what the problem could be. Any idea?

Thanks in advance to you for your answer and to all the mates here ready to help.

Enjoy the weekend guys!

Excellent job BTW...greetings from Italy

(...fino alla fine Forza Juventus! )

Very intersting, very good work Kenco.

I can really see the hardwork and planning that went into the project.

Just a couple of doubts though.

Have all the continental competitions been left intact??

And do the the national leagues have cups, super cups, etc???

Will be enjoying a long save thanks to you!!

KUTGW

Continental comps continue as usual. Domestic leagues have cups, but no super cups.

Maybe I've missed something, but why has the tab for training youth teams gone in game?

I'm not sure what tab you mean, is this something new for FM12? I didn't play a single game before getting into the editor.

When you select your U18 squad, there is normally a tab to go through to set up the youth schedules, coaches etc. This has now gone, and it also seems no players have been given youth contract, they are all non contracts at the start and available on frees - maybe an editing error to do with the maximum age for youth contracts? Hopefully regens come through despite this, has that aspect been tested?

In addition to this, is there a chance for the next version you could consider having the domestic leagues run concurrently with the international ones? It is a bit weird having European qualification decided by November, and having either the crucial last few games in what is likely to be a tight league due to the low number of teams or possibly promotion/relegation play offs for the World leagues would make the end of the year more interesting for clubs in mid-table in their world league.

It would also be good if we could play without loading all the leagues from England, even if it means removing the ones like BSP and below with no world league clubs - no one will really play as them after using the World League edit and it slows the game down a lot.

Overall though, this is a really good edit and I am enjoying it so far, trying to win the Bronze League West with Tottenham!

When you select your U18 squad, there is normally a tab to go through to set up the youth schedules, coaches etc. This has now gone, and it also seems no players have been given youth contract, they are all non contracts at the start and available on frees - maybe an editing error to do with the maximum age for youth contracts? Hopefully regens come through despite this, has that aspect been tested?

In addition to this, is there a chance for the next version you could consider having the domestic leagues run concurrently with the international ones? It is a bit weird having European qualification decided by November, and having either the crucial last few games in what is likely to be a tight league due to the low number of teams or possibly promotion/relegation play offs for the World leagues would make the end of the year more interesting for clubs in mid-table in their world league.

It would also be good if we could play without loading all the leagues from England, even if it means removing the ones like BSP and below with no world league clubs - no one will really play as them after using the World League edit and it slows the game down a lot.

Overall though, this is a really good edit and I am enjoying it so far, trying to win the Bronze League West with Tottenham!

The youth thing must be because I've rebuilt the league structures, but there doesn't seem to be a way of adding this in. Regens still appear, otherwise there would not have been any players left when I holidayed for 20 seasons.

I like the idea of having the two leagues running independently of each other. If they ran concurrently I would just get confused as to what tournament I was playing.

Promotion/relegation playoffs were considered, but they don't work properly in the nation rules, there is no seeding and it also adds extra games to an already busy calendar.

There is no way the game will run without loading all the English leagues, unless the World League were set as the primary division structure, but this brings a whole host of new problems.

Good luck with Spurs, not that you'll need it. Most of my tests see them comfortably reach the Gold League in 2 years under AI management.

The youth thing must be because I've rebuilt the league structures, but there doesn't seem to be a way of adding this in. Regens still appear, otherwise there would not have been any players left when I holidayed for 20 seasons.

Tried to upload a screenshot of youth training but this site doesnt like uploading from pc, so I've put the image in My thread over at FMBASE

Feel free to open up my European Super League & Super 8's db to see how its done Link to thread HERE

Yeah, I think it's to do with the fact we probably have a much better team than our reputation suggests, as well as potential to improve. We are definitely a lot better than most teams in the Bronze League. And the board only wants a top half finish in it!

Hi again, Kenco. I have tried to add another tier to your world league, effectively replicating each 'D' division. When I load the game my new "World E leagues" don't appear and it only goes down to D. I don't know if someone has time to take a look at what I've done or maybe suggest something obvious I might have missed. I've checked all the changes you made to each division and can't see anything that I've missed. Did you also make changes to the .xml file?

Here's the link to my database

http://www.mediafire.com/?4t7dz6iwgnzee48

I've run a holiday game until 2017 and the finances look a little bit challenging - most of the 'old' Premier League clubs are either Insecure or In Debt and have had to offload most of their top quality players. This is with the exception of the top 4 or 5, but even then they don't look as good as they would do in the standard FM12

Has anybody else found this? I'm presuming that some tinkering with the prize money and TV appearance money might help to resolve?

I would guess that you also need to enable the tier below the regional divisions in England - The EvoStik Northern Div 1 North etc - so that the game knows to load another level of leagues.

Thanks very much, I thought all my work would have gone to waste!

Kenco, there are a few big countries missing from your league. Nicaragua and Albania are probably the biggest countries without representation. Again, great job on this, I really like this league.

Another question: I would like to set up a cup competition which has 32 teams qualifying from another cup competition (or a previous stage of the main competition). What I would like is this (it's pretty complicated due to the number of teams).

In total there are 1120 teams competing.

640 of these enter at the first stage (or enter the 'qualifying cup). These are the teams from the lower divisions.

They are split into 128 groups of 5. Everyone plays each other once and the top team from each group enters a knockout stage.

2 rounds of this knockout and there are 32 teams remaining.

These 32 are added to the remaining 480 teams from the higher divisions.

Then there are more knockout stages until we have a winner.

Is this possible to do in the editor?

This is the simplest way I could think of to get 1120 teams down to 1. If anyone can think of another way or help set this way up I'd be eternally grateful :o)

Hi again, Kenco. I have tried to add another tier to your world league, effectively replicating each 'D' division. When I load the game my new "World E leagues" don't appear and it only goes down to D. I don't know if someone has time to take a look at what I've done or maybe suggest something obvious I might have missed. I've checked all the changes you made to each division and can't see anything that I've missed. Did you also make changes to the .xml file?

Here's the link to my database

http://www.mediafire.com/?4t7dz6iwgnzee48

I would guess that you also need to enable the tier below the regional divisions in England - The EvoStik Northern Div 1 North etc - so that the game knows to load another level of leagues.

Spotg is spot on - to have 9 tiers in the World League you will need to add a 9th tier to the English structure.

I've run a holiday game until 2017 and the finances look a little bit challenging - most of the 'old' Premier League clubs are either Insecure or In Debt and have had to offload most of their top quality players. This is with the exception of the top 4 or 5, but even then they don't look as good as they would do in the standard FM12

Has anybody else found this? I'm presuming that some tinkering with the prize money and TV appearance money might help to resolve?

It's a very difficult thing to balance out, and my tests threw up different results every time. I have made sure that the top clubs don't get too rich and clubs from smaller countries earn enough to compete with the bigger ones, but it seems that smaller Premier League clubs might struggle if they are not successful on the pitch.

Thanks very much, I thought all my work would have gone to waste!

Kenco, there are a few big countries missing from your league. Nicaragua and Albania are probably the biggest countries without representation. Again, great job on this, I really like this league.

I'm sorry they are not in, but in footballing terms they are minnows!

Another question: I would like to set up a cup competition which has 32 teams qualifying from another cup competition (or a previous stage of the main competition). What I would like is this (it's pretty complicated due to the number of teams).

In total there are 1120 teams competing.

640 of these enter at the first stage (or enter the 'qualifying cup). These are the teams from the lower divisions.

They are split into 128 groups of 5. Everyone plays each other once and the top team from each group enters a knockout stage.

2 rounds of this knockout and there are 32 teams remaining.

These 32 are added to the remaining 480 teams from the higher divisions.

Then there are more knockout stages until we have a winner.

Is this possible to do in the editor?

This is the simplest way I could think of to get 1120 teams down to 1. If anyone can think of another way or help set this way up I'd be eternally grateful :o)

Yes this is possible, you can choose 'group stage then knockout' as the cup type and add teams in at later stages.

I too was making 2 continental competitions.

But they dont even appear in game.

Even if I search for the competition it says no such record found.

Do you think I should holiday for 2 seasons and check if the comp starts abruptly in the 2nd season??

btw nice idea creating 2 separate leagues. :)

Archived