[FM12] Kenco's World League

I want to warn you, big changes seem to negatively affect the clubs' financial planning, i've downloaded a Euro League, a project much smaller than yours, i've holdayed until 2021 and many teams, especially the lower league ones have huge loan debts (over 100% of their overall budget) and all of those clubs have sold their youth and training facilities.

You should test your project thoroughly.

Which project did you download?

Don't worry, I've been keeping an eye on the finances since test 1.1. Prize and TV money is pretty generous, so my problem is stopping teams from becoming too rich.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which project did you download?

Don't worry, I've been keeping an eye on the finances since test 1.1. Prize and TV money is pretty generous, so my problem is stopping teams from becoming too rich.

I have no idea which one i downloaded, the name is "Euro League", but i can't find the forum topic.

I opened that file in the editor, and not all positions in lower leagues were giving prize money.

The situation in the save was atrocious, many world-class players had no clubs since noone could afford their wages, 70% of the clubs had debts 3-4 times bigger than their overall value, Manchester United had almost 1 billion Loan Debt, and all those clubs sold their training and youth facilities.

Not all my lower league positions will give out prize money, but teams will still be picking up decent money from their domestic leagues and through World League TV money.

Teams from lower leagues domestically who are not in the World League may struggle financially, but I don't really care about them since they are not in the WL.

It's hard to give an ETA since my spare time is pretty limited right now, but I'm very confident of getting this out before Christmas.

Manged to put together 3 more nation rules files this evening, going to run a test of all 5 overnight and see what happens. If there are no problems, I reckon I could do at least another 5 tomorrow night.

I have a serious problem with South Korea at the moment, tried creating new rules a couple of times but it's always causing a crash. So I'm going to leave them out for now and get on with other countries, as I don't want to spend too long on one country.

Has anyone created new rules for South Korea with any success?

I can't think of any specific reason for a crash mate. Any specific rule changes which you have made? Are there any B-Teams in the Second Division?

I'm creating fairly basic rules, similar to all the other nations. It crashes on the final day of the domestic season.

I'm not going to worry about it right now, if it doesn't work then it may have to be left out. I have plenty of other nations to work on!

Progress update:

I have successfully created new nation rules for about 30 nations so far, with just 2 unsuccessful ones. Turkey and South Korea seem to have problems, so they will go to the back of the queue for now. Most of the bigger nations have been done, now just got to plough through the small ones but they won't take long once I get into a rhythm.

As mentioned before, England has an 8 tier structure, which I had to do to allow the World League to work. Spain has a 4 tier system (or maybe 5, can't remember!), but all others have 3 or less tiers, with many just being basic one-division leagues of 8 teams. Quite a few leagues have regional splits below the top tier such as North/South or East/West, but I haven't necessarily put teams in the correct region because it would take too long. I have included boundaries so these will regionalise after the first season.

The top flight of every nation will consist of 8 teams, playing a 14 match season from 06.08.11 to 19.11.11, and all have the same transfer windows, discipline rules (5,10,15 yellows), substitutes (5 from 9), etc. TV and prize money varies based on reputation of the league.

All nations will have a domestic cup, but it will not be the same as their real life counterpart. I have just set them all up with a straightforward, one-legged knockout cup because it's so easy to do them all the same, saves me having to research them all. if you have personal preferences you are welcome to add or change cups at your discretion, but I won't be changing them myself once they are set up, unless they are bugged.

All nations will also run on the same calendar, meaning that every playable league will now start in July. This makes it much easier for the World League to function properly.

I've got a busy weekend ahead, but will get cracking with some more nations on Monday and will categorically state that this will definitely be out well before Christmas!

p.s. With Christmas in mind, I have added FC Santa Claus to the World League. They will start in the Finnish First Division North and the Euro D League Zone 2 (bottom tier of the WL). I am so tempted to add a manager called Rudolph and lead them through the foggy night and into the Gold League!

All nations will also run on the same calendar, meaning that every playable league will now start in July. This makes it much easier for the World League to function properly.

Managing an Icelandic team will be fun in -20c conditions during the winter months! some of the visiting teams might not make it through the 90 minutes, advantage!

Cool, really looking forward to this.

Managing an Icelandic team will be fun in -20c conditions during the winter months! some of the visiting teams might not make it through the 90 minutes, advantage!

Cool, really looking forward to this.

Cool isn't quite the word!

I haven't got round to Iceland yet, but will have a look at some of the games in other cold countries to see how they get on during the winter. Will games get postponed due to bad weather? I've not seen it in previous games, but I've never managed in Iceland in January...

Cool isn't quite the word!

I haven't got round to Iceland yet, but will have a look at some of the games in other cold countries to see how they get on during the winter. Will games get postponed due to bad weather? I've not seen it in previous games, but I've never managed in Iceland in January...

Games will get postponed, but not with that much regularity from what I remember from managing in Greenland.

Managing in Greenland, that's hardcore!

I thought about making a league structure for Greenland but figured it wouldn't be worth it, I like to have at least some hope of progressing up the Eufa coefficients. I've ventured up to Sweden for the past few games but never any further north.

Would be interesting to see the other extreme aswell, I'm gussing Central African and Arab leagues are played throughout their Winter, how hot would it get playing in the summer desert!

Kenco, can I ask you how you set your regions?

I've been playing around with them but they're not working as they should. Say I have a division with two sub-divisions of Europe and Rest of the World. Europes boundaries would be something like:

North Boundary: North of Norway

East Boundary: Somewhere in east Russia

South Boundary: South Cyprus

West Boundary: West Iceland

Assuming that 99% of European clubs sit within those, would you still need to set boundaries for the ROW division?

To be honest I'm not sure how that would work out, you'd have to try it and see.

I've used very similar ones for Europe, but my east boundary isn't Eastern Russia because you will end up with half of Asia included, so I've picked somewhere much further west, a place called Novosbirsk or something like that.

The Europe one should work, but the RoW could end up with any teams because you haven't set boundaries.

My boundaries are pretty rough, I've just used google maps and and picked a city/town that is nearest the edge of my boundary. There are one or two overlaps but it can't really be helped.

Looking forward to conquering the world with Rangers in this mate. Looking brilliant, cant wait to play it!

Good luck with that, Rangers have some work to do starting from the 5th tier. Alongside Celtic, of course.

Unless you mean Enugu Rangers of Nigeria, they will be playable and have a lot more work to do!

In an effort to get this released sooner, I am only setting up new nation rules for 65 nations. I do intend to add in more at a later date and release an expanded version, but for now these 65 nations cover approx. 90% of the World League teams and that is more than enough.

The good news is that I've already done these 65 files and am now running one final test to make sure I am happy with it before release, which could well be tomorrow evening if all runs smoothly.

Now I just need to work out how to upload all these files at once. I've put files onto sharing sites before, but never more than one. Do I have to zip them into a folder and then people can download all the files at once? If anyone has done this before and can give some advice, I'd be grateful.

Also planning to put this up on FM Base to get it to a wider audience.

I would use WinRAR to zip all the files together (there is an option to save the files as .zip or .rar and the amount of compression). I use box.com for downloads, I find that other hosting sites do not keep your files if they are not downloaded after a while.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try this.

I'm still hoping to upload this tonight, just need to do another test or two. Tried one this morning and got a crash dump at the end of the season. I think it's because I tried loading just the top 3 tiers in England, but If I load all 8 then it works fine, any less and it crashes. Strange. Running another test now while I'm at work, just to confirm this.

I'm still toying with the idea of another cup, maybe just something small to replace the current CWC including all continental cup winners along with the winners of the Gold League and World Trophy, if this is possible.

This project will never be perfect and I'm sure there are plenty of things that I've missed or done wrong, but on the whole I'm pretty happy with it and think it's definitely the best World League I've ever made, by a mile.

Agreed. Sounds awesome.

I'm obviously one of the awkward buggers who will want to play as a club from the middle of nowhere, so if there's no league that I fancy out of the ones you've done I'll run a simulation and see whether I can help find stuff to iron out issues for any future release you may or may not want to do.

Really REALLY hope that SI don't mess around with the editor too much for FM13 so that projects like this, uncle ron's , golden eagles etc don't need to be completely re-worked to be compatible next year.

Agreed. Sounds awesome.

I'm obviously one of the awkward buggers who will want to play as a club from the middle of nowhere, so if there's no league that I fancy out of the ones you've done I'll run a simulation and see whether I can help find stuff to iron out issues for any future release you may or may not want to do.

Really REALLY hope that SI don't mess around with the editor too much for FM13 so that projects like this, uncle ron's , golden eagles etc don't need to be completely re-worked to be compatible next year.

Which club? And from which nation are they?

Chances are they will be in the game or easy to add in.

I don't really know yet. I'll wait til I've downloaded and see who you've added in that takes my fancy!

Last time out I played with Inter Baku, and that was fun. But I could just as easily see me going to Chad, or Vanuatu or something.

So if you are intending to do another release, and would be happy taking a request, perhaps I'll ask once I've had a look round?

I'm in the midst of a save with uncle ron's update now, so won't be in any sort of rush here.

Kenco,

Really looking forward to this.

I hope that you've included TP Mazembe in your world league again. I had a lot of fun with them in your FM10 world league.

Thanks for your hard work.

Cheers

They are in the World League (and quite high up), but not playable as I haven't done the Congolese league for some reason. I could add this today before I release, as I know they are one of the biggest African clubs.

Anybody else got a request? I'll accept anything before 1800 GMT.

Presumably USA now have normal (European like) rules and stuff so think I'll start off there perhaps, maybe move down to Honduras or somewhere but it'll be pretty easy to have a look at a nation that you've edited and put together a replica for any nation that's not there.

Might even release all players from clubs and really start from scratch!

How far off the top are West Ham?

Really looking forward to this, the fm10 release was epic. This sounds like it could be even better.

A long way down! Off the top of my head I'm not sure where exactly, probably Tier 7 or 8, but they are definitely in the World League.

Presumably USA now have normal (European like) rules and stuff so think I'll start off there perhaps, maybe move down to Honduras or somewhere but it'll be pretty easy to have a look at a nation that you've edited and put together a replica for any nation that's not there.

Might even release all players from clubs and really start from scratch!

Yes they have rules the same as everyone else now, same dates and transfer windows, etc. with an 8 team MLS, then East and West split divisions below that. Honduras is in as well.

I assume that the Canadian teams will be grouped with the American ones?

In the World League, yes, they will apear in the North American regions. Domestically I have created a league for Canada, but this only contains Canadian teams who are not in the MLS.

They are in the World League (and quite high up), but not playable as I haven't done the Congolese league for some reason. I could add this today before I release, as I know they are one of the biggest African clubs.

Anybody else got a request? I'll accept anything before 1800 GMT.

That'll be great if you could, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE (I hope)!!

https://rapidshare.com/files/1214061529/FM12_editor_files.zip

First up, please let me know if this worksor not. I've zipped all the files into a folder so I hope you can access them.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - MUST READ

There should be 66 files in there, you need to extract them to:

User \ Documents \ Sports Interactive \ Football Manager 2012 \ editor data

Start a new game

Ensure that all 66 files are enabled, and any other editor data file you have must be disabled

At the nation select screen, you must select England and go all the way down to the bottom level (Regional Premier Divs). Failure to do so will end up with a crash

Choose any other leagues to go with this, except Turkey, South Korea or Malaysia. These have not been changed and will just be the default league structures, which may or may not work with the World League. All other league systems have been edited to work in conjunction with the World League and you will need to load the domestic league of any team you want to manage

Select your team. Please note that not all teams are in the World League and if they aren't to start with, they never will be. The 800 teams selected will always be the same. The best thing to do to ensure your chosen team is in, is to look at their fixture list before you confirm.

I think I've covered everything for now, but please let me know if I've missed anything out, it's been a stressful day!!

Downloaded ok. Just starting a game. Big job on with the mighty hammers!

I Can't imagine the amount of time and effort you have put in to this.

Hats off to you sir.

Great work.

Started work on release day and a lot of my spare time has been devoted to it. I don't get much spare time, maybe just 2/3 evenings per week, or it would have been ready sooner. I have just played my first FM12 match!

Just downloaded it. Thanks for your time on this, its an epic addition to the game.

Do you think this is most realistic version of a World League you have created so far on FM? I know other versions of the editor caused quite a few limitations.

I liked my FM10 one, but this is better. The secondary divisions and the add/remove league features have helped me get around the big obstacles. I like the idea of having a World League but also keeping some kind of domestic league structure. The next step to improving it further would be to allow teams to qualify for the WL by doing well in domestic leagues, maybe that will be something for FM13.

I want to upgrade my PC just for a career game using this World League. I'm playing on a 6 year old Q6600 3GB RAM. Next up is one of the newer i7's at xmas as a treat for myself :)

How stable is it for a 10 to 20 season game using about 30 leagues? Or would that take a beast of a machine to simulate that long?

edit..And it also seems to work fine with Nik's Data packs and the Weegie Update.

Archived