[FM12] Kenco's World League

I'm for option 2. The biggest drawback in making a semi-realistic world league is changing the nationality of the team. If you went option 1, yes you could manage a little team from Madagascar but in the game they are not actually a team from Madagascar because you have changed their nationality.

I know how disappointed you were with the last editor and not being able to have a realistic super league. Why go against your earlier version methods and start changing the teams nationality? That seems to be the way just about everyone else is making superleagues. Personally I am waiting for yours because I know teams will act more realistic.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But with option 2 you can't even manage that little team from Madagascar.

I'm really torn right now, think I need to do what Harry Hill would do. I like option 1, but then I also like option 2, but which is better?.......

But with option 2 you can't even manage that little team from Madagascar.

But my point is, your superleague is known as being realistic compared to others. I think a major reason is because you keep teams nationalities as in real life and that makes them still believable. I have played other superleagues and most make all the teams the same nationality - English. This makes it become silly after a couple of seasons. Teams in South America buying scots, welsh, etc. Yes, the regens come right because they re linked to the stadiums location but staff and the buying and selling of players just spoils things.

Now that little team in Madagascar wont be a little team from Madagascar if you change their nationality. Also, when making new nations, like a Carribbean one how will will affect things like the international tournaments that require those teams? Now you'll have a new international squad - Carribbean that competes in the world cup, etc. Again taking away the reality of your superleagues.

But my point is, your superleague is known as being realistic compared to others. I think a major reason is because you keep teams nationalities as in real life and that makes them still believable. I have played other superleagues and most make all the teams the same nationality - English. This makes it become silly after a couple of seasons. Teams in South America buying scots, welsh, etc. Yes, the regens come right because they re linked to the stadiums location but staff and the buying and selling of players just spoils things.

Now that little team in Madagascar wont be a little team from Madagascar if you change their nationality. Also, when making new nations, like a Carribbean one how will will affect things like the international tournaments that require those teams? Now you'll have a new international squad - Carribbean that competes in the world cup, etc. Again taking away the reality of your superleagues.

I know, that's exactly my issue with it. I want the realism but I also want to play as the little teams from obscure nations.

Making new nations rules for the smaller nations will be based on a generic template your using for the other nations, right? I'm willing to help make some, I'm sure a few others will pitch in to help too if you want.

Pretty much, yeah. I will try to keep it pretty simple by just splitting the top leagues down and adding in straightforward cups, but I'll give more info once I know what I'm doing. Thanks for the offer of help, I might need it.

I've decided I will leave Continental Competitions as they are. They work well, and there isn't any need for me to replace them just yet. Maybe I will change them in the future, but for now I will work with them.

I do plan to add a new World Club competition, in the form of an FA Cup style competition.

I also have plans for my new look English structure; starting with an 8 team Elite Premier Division, followed by 2 divisions of 8 to be split into Premier North and South, then continue with North/South splits down through the divisions. FA Cup, League Cup and JP Trophy will be recreated, but teams from the top flight will not be involved, and the 2nd flight will only play in the FA Cup. Possibly. This is all still in my head right now, so it could change by the time I get back on the editor.

This is looking very much like a mix of my FM11 Super 8's DB and my European Super league DB, which I am planning to release as individual and combined myself once they sort out all the little niggles withhin the editor, but looking forward to seeing your attempt neverless. :)

I've been thinking more about the creation of regional areas like the Caribbean so that smaller teams can come in. I am about to experiment with doing this, mainly to see if the new options of nation, region and continental transfer preferences have any effect. If they do, and I can get it set right, maybe small regions would be a good idea in order to cut down the amount of leagues. A good experiment to run anyways.

Now I see other nations with a -1 or -2 in the options. Do you know what they mean?

This is looking very much like a mix of my FM11 Super 8's DB and my European Super league DB, which I am planning to release as individual and combined myself once they sort out all the little niggles withhin the editor, but looking forward to seeing your attempt neverless. :)

Similar in that you used secondary divisions? Yeah I guess so, but it seems to be the best way to produce a Super League.

What niggles are holding you back right now?

I've been thinking more about the creation of regional areas like the Caribbean so that smaller teams can come in. I am about to experiment with doing this, mainly to see if the new options of nation, region and continental transfer preferences have any effect. If they do, and I can get it set right, maybe small regions would be a good idea in order to cut down the amount of leagues. A good experiment to run anyways.

Now I see other nations with a -1 or -2 in the options. Do you know what they mean?

I have no idea what the negative numbers do.

I'm thinking of releasing the World League without editing the small nations to begin with, and maybe releasing a second version later on with the nations grouped into regions. That way you get the best of both Worlds.

I added Tier 8 last night, a total of 20 regional divisions containing 320 teams. The whole structure now has 800 teams, which I think is more than enough for now. I've left the game running on holiday while I'm at work today, hopefully it will get through a few seasons and I can see how all the regional boundaries are working. Then I will need to sort out the dates, rules and prize money for these leagues before getting into the business of re-structuring domestic divisions.

Now for some rules. Firstly, I am not a fan of the 25 man squad rule in England, so this will not be in any league that I recreate. Disciplinary rules will follow the 5,10,15,etc. suspensions for yellow cards, and 1 match bans for reds.

I am not sure what to do with subs just yet. In FM10 I went with 4 from 9, which worked quite well for me, but I'm sure not everyone liked it. Personally, I like the idea of having more options from the bench so I can give chances to youngsters who may normally miss out and it also helps out when you make 3 subs and get an injury, as seems to happen to alot of people! So I am tempted to go with 4 from 9 again.

Prize money. What would you think is a realistic amount for winning each tier of the World League? I intend to make prize money for domestic leagues as close to the current set up as possible, so any of this will be additional earnings.

4from 9 subs was good. How about 5 from 9 for even more options? Are you planning on having an u23( I think) cup similar to you fm2010 release?

5 from 9 has crossed my mind, I think it would really be useful as it's going to be a long, hard season with few easy matches. Having a good first XI will not be enough, you'll need to use the whole squad.

I don't think I'll bother with the youth cup this time. It's just another thing to squeeze into an already tight calendar, and it didn't work as well as I would have liked.

5 from 9 has crossed my mind, I think it would really be useful as it's going to be a long, hard season with few easy matches. Having a good first XI will not be enough, you'll need to use the whole squad.

I don't think I'll bother with the youth cup this time. It's just another thing to squeeze into an already tight calendar, and it didn't work as well as I would have liked.

I think 5 from 9 is definately the best idea. If anyone dosent like that or if you do go for the 4 from 9 then it can easily be changed in the editor to suit everyones needs.

Set all the prize money for the English League and World League, along with playoffs, TV games, etc. but it crashed on 16th June 2012 :mad:. The nation rules were all valid, so I have to go back a stage and find out what went wrong.

Set all the prize money for the English League and World League, along with playoffs, TV games, etc. but it crashed on 16th June 2012 :mad:. The nation rules were all valid, so I have to go back a stage and find out what went wrong.

this is one of the little niggles, so far I've only been able to get 1 db past the season update date, even the most basic league set-ups crash at or before this time the only thing I can think it may be is the continental competions if there not edited as well, have'nt tried this yet but pretty sure its the cause, have you noticed that all continental comps show up, ie Asian Champions League even if your not managing in that continent. I presume its down to the fact you can now load other leagues in game, and I think this is whats causing Dbs to crash.

I took a guess that my playoffs might be the cause, as I tried to do some relegation playoffs involving the leagues below in regional leagues. I took these out, and it now goes past the season update date, so it should be okay.

I haven't edited continental cups, going to leave them as they are.

Hey Kenco, I think you should set the world league prize money higher than domestic tournaments because with the very small domestic income of smaller nations, the clubs from there will find it incredibly hard to hold on in the world league. Irl that would be realistic but since world league isn't realistic to begin with, you should help out the smaller nations by making the prize money higher

Hey Kenco, I think you should set the world league prize money higher than domestic tournaments because with the very small domestic income of smaller nations, the clubs from there will find it incredibly hard to hold on in the world league. Irl that would be realistic but since world league isn't realistic to begin with, you should help out the smaller nations by making the prize money higher

Yeah, I think I agree with you here. Besides, I can't seem to find any prize money in some leagues so I am going to have to make up a figure for them anyway. I'll just give an amount based on the league reputation, but the major money will come through the World Leagues via prize money and TV money.

The World League itself is pretty much complete, just need to play around with the reputation of the league and prize money until it seems about right. I think the reputation boost for winning leagues is too high, I had a situation in my last test where Bnei Yehuda from Israel managed 7 promotions in 8 years and won the Gold League at the first attempt, along with the Champions League and WCC, despite only having a handful of real players. I initially had the Gold League with a rep of 200, then the Silver League 190, Bronze 180, etc. But I will have to put much larger gaps between the leagues.

I also noticed some clubs getting much richer over time, with teams like Benfica and Lyon having being valued at around £900m. But I discovered that instead of setting my prize money in the top flight at 40m, I accidently made it 400m! In fact I gave an extra zero for every position in that division, so even teams finishing 16th were earning over 100m. This is now fixed.

My English league structure is finished as well, with 8 tiers going down to regional divisions. I have also done a new structure for Spain, which is virtually identical to the English league but I haven't done so many tiers, just 4 for now. I may add these at a later date, but I just want to test this out first and then rattle through as many different nations as I can before making them too in-depth.

I've now added in my FA Cup style competition for all 800 teams in the World League structure. Teams from the Gold, Silver and Bronze leagues won't enter until the 5th round, but will still have to get through 7 games to lift the trophy. I had to add it to the English cups rather than continental rules, since all the leagues are in my English editor file.

I was struggling to come up with a name so for now I am calling it the World Trophy, prefixed with the name of it's sponsor, a well-known coffee brand...........

Still doing extensive testing with the new look English and Spanish leagues to make sure I get the balance of games and money right and it's looking pretty good so far.

The next step is the daunting prospect of re-writing all the other league structures. I'm going to start with the largest rep ones and work my way down, giving them a very similar structure and dates to the English and Spanish ones I've already done. This will make it much easier for me, but will mean every league in the world will be completely different to it's real life counterpart.

Basically I am putting an 'Elite' league of 8 teams at the top of every league. After this will be a North/South or East/West split with 2 divs of 8 teams. Below that (in bigger leagues) will be split leagues of between 8 and 12 teams, depending on the leagues in the current structure. This way I don't have to move around too many teams and can leave the lower tiers exactly as they are, so they can still enter cup competitions.

So the English league looks like this:

Premier Division Elite - 8 teams

Premier Division North / South - 2 divs of 8

Championship North / South - 2 divs of 10

League 1 North / South - 2 divs of 12

League 2 North / South - 2 divs of 12

Below this I have left as they are, as it's unlikely that any of the World League teams will drop to the BSP. If they do, they are in for a big fixture list!

I reckon I will be able to put together 2 league structures per evening from now on, increasing to 4 or 5 per evening as I get down to the smaller nations, so I definitely think I can get a release out soon.

Thanks for your patience!

So that will be 14 domestic games and 30 world league games for the top clubs?

Plus the domestic cup, world trophy and the existing CL and EL (which teams will qualify from via their domestic league)

Sound fantastic :)

Everything correct except the domestic cup. Top tier teams will not compete in those to free up some dates for extra league games / World Trophy.

So the maximum number of games for top European clubs would be:

Domestic league = 14

World League = 30

World Trophy = 7

ECC = 15

Total = 66 games.

The schedule will be pretty tight for teams that are successful, but this is no different to an English club reaching finals in Europe, FA Cup and League Cup.

Kenco - you might want to patent that league structure. There are some Premier League chairmen who might be licking their lips at the idea of an 8 club top tier with a larger European (or in this case world league).

Have you considered running as the next FIFA president when that idiot Blatter steps down?

Can't wait to play this, just hope that I fix my issue with my graphics card in time

Kenco - you might want to patent that league structure. There are some Premier League chairmen who might be licking their lips at the idea of an 8 club top tier with a larger European (or in this case world league).

Have you considered running as the next FIFA president when that idiot Blatter steps down?

Can't wait to play this, just hope that I fix my issue with my graphics card in time

Ha, this made me laugh!

Kenco, will the domestic and world fixtures run side by side or will it be similar to your fm 10 world league in the the domestic games are played and then it moves onto the world league?

At the moment I have domestic leagues running until 19/20 November in the first season, with the World Leagues starting on 27 November.

I'm running a long test right now (started at 6pm last night and it's still going until I get home from work) which should get me around 20 seasons of data, and I plan to have a good look over the fixture lists to see if teams had any real congestions.

Just adding my voice to the list of people looking forward to this Kenco.

Also, If you want anyone helping to test it, I'm quite happy to help. I know pretty much nothing about the editor (just how to make Kenny Dalglish my assistant at Liverpool!), so I won't be able to help with actually making it, but I'm quite happy to play through it and tell you of any problems I encounter...

looking forward to this :)

any chance to realease a Beta? :) with just england and spain so we can look around a bit to see how it's going to work.

Sorry, no beta. I'm not releasing anything until I get chance to play it first.

Just adding my voice to the list of people looking forward to this Kenco.

Also, If you want anyone helping to test it, I'm quite happy to help. I know pretty much nothing about the editor (just how to make Kenny Dalglish my assistant at Liverpool!), so I won't be able to help with actually making it, but I'm quite happy to play through it and tell you of any problems I encounter...

Thanks for the offer, but testing is the easy part as it can be done when I'm asleep or at work. The difficult bit is finding time to get editing! But I'll be back on it tomorrow night.

This is going to be ridiculous. Good luck mate.

Thanks, I'll need it. Well done on your own project, looks like you've put some serious effort into it. My leagues will be a lot less detailed than yours.

Thanks, I'll need it. Well done on your own project, looks like you've put some serious effort into it. My leagues will be a lot less detailed than yours.

Yours is just as huge a project in a different way, it'll completely change the way that the game works. Getting the leagues done will be the easy part I feel. All of the strategy and forethought is the hard stuff.

Yours is just as huge a project in a different way, it'll completely change the way that the game works. Getting the leagues done will be the easy part I feel. All of the strategy and forethought is the hard stuff.

Yes, it's going to be a new world. True, the domestic leagues will be easy now, I've spent quite a while tinkering the English and Spanish leagues to get them right. Now I know they work, it's just a case of creating very similar structures for the other nations, but on a smaller scale for most of them.

I want to warn you, big changes seem to negatively affect the clubs' financial planning, i've downloaded a Euro League, a project much smaller than yours, i've holdayed until 2021 and many teams, especially the lower league ones have huge loan debts (over 100% of their overall budget) and all of those clubs have sold their youth and training facilities.

You should test your project thoroughly.

Archived