FM12: Borussia Dortmund - 'Wo Champions sind Geboren'

NorthernGooner

End of transfer window for me. Got Falcao, Cavani declined to come as he was looking for a BIG switch and Dortmund is not that big I guess for him.. anyways he'll regret that :p. Here are my other transfers:

Ins:

Thiago Neves (free)

Andrés Guardado (free)

Yaya Sanogo (free)

Adler (free)

Bertoclacci (free)

Martín Montoya (free)

Stefan Bell (2.2m)

Cigerci (5m)

Mbaye Niang (7m)

Falcao (19m + 20m over 48 months)

Outs:

Patrick Owomoyela (1.5m)

Chris Lowe (4.5m)

Ferrari (1m)

Kagawa (19.25m)

Barrios (19m)

Damien Le Tallec (Loan, 1.2m)

Dimitar Rangelov (1.5m)

Steed Malbranque (1.2m)

Hildebrand and few others (released on free)

Here is my line up for the season:

chapions League: BundesLiga: DFB Pokal:

------------- Adler --------------- --------------- Roman --------------- -------Roman/Adler------------

Montoya-Hummels-Subotic-Schmelzer Piszek-Friedrich-Santana-Ostrzolek Koch-Stefan Bell-Miranda-Ostrzolek

------Bender------Ikay Gundogan---- ------Kehl------Bertoclacci/Deco---- ---Hornschuh------Cigerci---

dos Santos--Gotze--Andrés Guardado Błaszczykowski--T Neves--Grosskreutz Błaszczykowski--Leitner--Perisic

---------------Falcao--------------- ---------------Sanogo--------------- ------------M Niang------------

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I see this game hasn't lost any of it's charm. Dominate the first game against Schalke, 17 shots to their 3. End up drawing the game 2-2 and losing Goetze for a month in the process. Game goes to penalties which we manage to win 3-1 in the end with three expertly taken penalties. But had this been a league game, I'd have been furious that we managed to throw away two points from such a dominating position.

Defence needs work, as does my shooting...

EDIT: Is this game bugged? Second game and now Kehl is injured for a month too...

@OneUnited

I would not call it a bug.. but Dortmund team is a bit fragile in general. You need to invest and bring quality in depth so you can rotate your options. I would suggest get Kara for cheap and rotate the three DMs.

@Stampler

It actually means the same 'Where Champions are born' - google translate :p

Well... tried to sign Adebayor (3m - cheapest of 3) after Falcao was sidelined for 3 months on international duty but his wage demands. Could have got him though If I would have not signed Falcao... $**t load of money spend to get him sidelined before even playing a single match for me :mad:

Had a lot to ponder around and was desperate to add someone to my already depleted front line. Added Sturridge (Chelsea) and Park (Arsenal) on loan on the last day of txr window. sturridge did a fine job for me last season so was sure of getting the quality from him but never tested and heard about Park though. My in game scouts suggest he will be a quality addition so went for him.

An interesting point though Arsenal's all prime strikers RVP, Park and Bendtner were placed in reserved and txr listed and they are playing 442 with chamakh and walcott upfront. No wonder they lost to Bordeaux in CL playoffs.

I have played through one season and end of my second season sees Hertha Berlin, HSV and Gladbach relegated. I am now eyeing up some huge transfers. My targets are Reus, Andre ter Stegen, Son Heung-Min, Marcell Jansen and possibly Sascha Burchert as a backup keeper.

Hit the jackpot with these relegations!

Reus had an absolute dynamite first season with Gladbach. Thought about signing him but glad I held off. His stats weren't all that amazing and he definitely performed far worse in the second season. Has anyone developed him significantly?

For all the Dortmund lovers I would love to take this story forward. Even though I have finished my first season I'll write about my experience second season onwards and may be establishing Dortmund as another Bundesliga giant.. "knocking Bayern Munich off their f**king perch!!" - just like SAF did with Manchester United.

All the credit to NorthernGooner for his excellent work up here. So for those who are interested in following this story I promise that you'll see a fantastic punch line in every post.

Yeah, sound like a good plan fyrefuze! I am looking to start a Dortmund save soon, my German team, absolutely love them, although I might wait for the transfer window to close as they've already agreed to sign Marco Reus and might sign a few other wonder gems this month! :D

sad. I am not able to upload any pictures here. :confused:

Rues to Dortmund though is a great news. I followed him and Podolski all summer long and finally was tempted to sign Falcao, a big name signing. After a lot of clearing and a raise from board, I have a wage bill available again... will definitely go for another pursuit in january'13 txr window.

Dortmund Trikots sind für die Gewinner, sie nicht schrumpfen zu schlechteren Spieler fit

U138P200T1D321070F12DT20100523224301.jpg

Dortmund do the Double!!

Dortmund lifted the coveted German Cup (DFB Pokal) Trophy yesterday after beating 1860 Munich, a 2.Bundesliga outfit, comfortably by 6-1. It has been a very successful year for Dortmund under the guidance of new Manager Brian Clough in which they also triumphed the Bundesliga defeating the runners up Bayern Munich by a major 15 point difference.

DortmundwinDFBPokal.png

Bayern, the Champions League finalists, gave a neck-to-neck fight for the title but seemed to lose focus somewhere towards the end of season where they had to fight at European front as well. Dortmund manager Brian Clough has refused to have had any such advantage in winning the league saying – “title was always theirs to loose and the team has shown extreme resilience and integrity by not getting distracted by the critics and media.”

It was a first consecutive Bundesliga title win for Dortmund but first for Clough. Brian Clough, inherited the club post from previous Dortmund great Jurgen Klopp who after winning the similar accolade with Dortmund was priced away by HSV. Brian has continued the club revolution initiated by Jurgen Klopp not just by winning trophies but also by looking for constant improvement. Brian brought in some exciting new faces like Deco, Giovanni dos Santos and Daniel Sturridge (on loan) to the squad and led the club not only to the Bundesliga title but also to the Champions League Quarter Finals, where they lost to mighty Barcelona. Clough’s desire to establish the club as major European force is also shared by club president Reinhard Rauball.

The Dortmund Gaffer was addressing the press in a post match conference was asked 'How he motivated the team against complacency to play against the league two outfit 1860?'

'I've told the players we need to win so that I can have the cash to buy some new ones.' told them with a straight face.

On being asked, 'Will you be able to challenge for the top spot again the next season?' Clough answered:

'Dortmund jerseys are for winners, they don’t shrink to fit inferior players.'

No wonder Clough has quickly established himself as a media darling.

For the ones who are starting a new save with dortmund and still like 12.0.4 over 12.1.1, I am posting a screenshot of my wheeler-dealer approach in the first season txr market. I would have preferred Milan Badelj over Deco though. And also for the first season you can get dos Santos on loan and buy him for half the price in second season.

DortmundTransfers_History_season_1.png

believe me Gündoğan is the perfect replacement for Sahin. And in a years time if you get Bertolacci (bosman txr), these two will boss your midfield for the ages to come... further a year in you can poach Emre can for free (another gr8 bosman txr).

I love the wheeling-dealing on this game... Harry Redknapp of Germany :D

"just like the color of this club, the future is bright!!"

Doesn't that mean - "Dortmund's shirts are for winners, they fit only the really good players" ?

Yes. Its the best expression in this case.

The other one could be translated as "...sie laufen nicht ein für schwächere Spieler" but its too literal and doesnt bear a good style.

But anyway, it was just a suggestion, you can of course do what you like in your own thread :)

I understand. Every language is different and there may be not be a direct translation which carries the exact same meaning...

anyways the idea was to post a punch line... and lucky for me its an English forum :p

Yeah and rightly so!

I enjoy reading your thread nevertheless :)

Keep it up mate !

Thread. Oops!! I was just so busy winning that I didn't wanted to stop and compile my season update.. neways its winter break now and will take time out to summarize my pre-season(2012-2013) and an undeafeated run till now.

I have just started a Dortmund save tonight, I am still playing the friendlies at the minute.

I have had to do some wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, and these are our transfers so far.

Ins

Mushaga Bakenga for £100k.

Anderson Martins for £425k.

Kara for £1.2m.

Marc-Andre Ter Stegen for £14.5m over 48 monthly installments.

Timo Hildebrand on a free transfer.

Carlos Diogo on a free transfer.

Outs

Mohamed Zidan to Vitesse for £4.8m

Roman Weidenfeller to Bayer Leverkusen for £10m over 48 monthly installments (we are still paying him £17k of his old contract).

Mitchell Langerak to Real Madrid for £2.1m.

Damien Le Tallec to Torino for £950k.

Interesting that you moved for Ter Stegen now, if you had waited until he re-signed, he usually gets a low release clause in his contract and you can get him for much less.

I wanted to sign him early though as it enabled me to sell Weidenfeller for £10m, which is a lot for a 31 year old goalkeeper and if I had waited a bit longer I don't think I could of got that much for him.

ahh.. Gibson, I signed him on loan for the first season to cover for Khel/Bender.

I am playing 4-2-3-1 with a DLP (Gundogan/Deco) and a BWM (Khel/Bender) but with fitness issue to both Khel and Bender I wanted a decent CM who can win the ball in midfield and occasionally unleash a powerful stroke at goal.

very useful in some low profile matches as he scored on set-pieces given "attack ball from deep". In the second season though he didn't renewed his contract with Man Utd and was available on free but his wage demands were considerably high (I was paying only 50% of his wages in season 1) for a player in rotation. So I had to let him go. Mean-while I have developed Koch as a decent BWM training him in that role since season 1.

I started a BVB save yesterday evening. Will report here.

First transfer (I have "no transfers allowed in the 1st transfer window" ticked) is backup GK Markus Pröll on a free.

Let go a lot of youngsters on loan.

Hope to load off Zidan (he´s on loan with a buyout clause now) and Kringe in the next transfer window. :)

"no transfers allowed in the 1st transfer window" - seems interesting but could get tough once you go past winter break.

without proper reinforcements especially in midfield I doubt you can compete on all 3 fronts.

Yes, you can. I won the Europa League, Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal with Dortmund without any new signinings.

You are right, fyrefuze. The Europa league isnt that hard compared to the CL in FM. Seems a lot easier to win it than to make the further stages of the CL eventually. You can win the EL with mediocre teams like Stoke or Hannover so its not like you really need to bolster your squad for it too much (playing BVB).

Archived